Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

"I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan (1915 Views)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! I Have Never Met Amaechi In My Life - President Buhari I / Jonathan Scheming To Become Life President, Kwankwaso Alleges / Jonathan Scheming To Become Life President, Kwankwaso Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Aare2050(m): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2014
Tursday, November 20
"I Hardly Get What I Want in Life" - President Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday told a gathering of the Peoples Democratic Party leaders in the Presidential Villa, Abuja that he hardly gets what he looks forward to in life. According to PUNCH, Jonathan, who boasted that no party would defeat the PDP during the 2015 polls said sometimes, things that he did not think about are the ones he gets.

Jonathan said:
 “In my own life, the things I look for I hardly get. It’s what I don’t even think about that I get sometimes. I believe most of you will smile. But collectively, first and foremost, let us unite the party and work together for our collective victory. 
Let me use this unique opportunity to plead with all of us who are aspiring for electoral
offices that the world does not begin and end with the office you are looking for. Sometimes, you would be looking for an office, you may not be able to get it for one reason or the other. Let us say somebody blocked you, so be it, let somebody block you. But if God wants something better for you, even after that blocking, you will get something else. 
I plead with all of us that we should not play the do-or-die, except I get it, let the party sink. We are taking inventory of all what is happening in all the states and I promise that we will try and use as many people as possible. There are challenges in some states. People may deliberately block you. You may even be the best candidate in that particular constituency, but let us move ahead. 
I’m yet to see those who can beat the PDP. They will continue to make the noise but they cannot beat us, because the gap between PDP and others is very wide. The way we do things and the way they do things are very different; the way we talk and the way they talk are very different; the way we reason and the way they reason are very different. 
Our commitment to transform this country and their thinking about Nigeria are very different. And I promise you my party men and women and indeed all Nigerians that with your support, collectively we must move this country to where we want it to be. Every day, every week and every month, we must add something; we must change and continue to change.”

3 Likes

Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2014
The only thing APC does is to castigate the PDP instead of coming up with good ideas on how to better transform the country more dan their pdp counterparts... And dat is why pdp will always be moving foward..tho i support the Apc
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2014
lol
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2014
That's life, Nothing good comes easy. @OP, put your source
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Simplesoul05(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2014
hmmmm oga JONA, this time na "I Hardly Get What I Want in Life" last 3 yrs was 'I Had No Shoes' bros J, we don wise up. abeg pack you load come 2015.

4 Likes

Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by spenca: 7:47am On Nov 20, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The only thing APC does is to castigate the PDP instead of coming up with good ideas on how to better transform the country more dan their pdp counterparts... And dat is why pdp will always be moving foward..tho i support the Apc

Where were you when APC= Boko Haram - PDP
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Bibyken(f): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2014
If only u know wat I know u will never support islamisation of nigeria via angry peoples congress....GEJ nt d best option amongst us but apc is nt an option kpatakpata....I'll rada vote a weak leader dan vote a demon into power
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2014
spenca:

looool...dividin both sides by boko haram, boko haram will cancel itself in the pdp side, which will leav apc and bokoharam on the oda side...this means that pdp is equal to apc over boko haram...dis is very interesting...

2 Likes

Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Howmon: 8:08am On Nov 20, 2014
Desperate Measures. GEJ till 2015. We're tired of quotable quotes.
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2014
spenca:

In other words, if PDP is not in the equation to keep APC busy with words, all that is left of APC is Boko Haram...what an equation! *laughs*
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 20, 2014
Nice speech but they'll soon call for his head here.
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by blym4real: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2014
No longer fooled by any fool again.

1 Like

Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by megabyte2(f): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Good speech,

you hardly get what you want in life Issokay
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 20, 2014
Cutehector4u:
do you really think PDP is ready to work with APC. If APC is not a progressive part , would the merger have changed their names. They have changed names lots because of mergers. Do you think PDP will ever change their name to favor any merger. Look deep at this. You would not blame the APC for this
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by alex2242(m): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2014
I dont reli get sumtin.....d trouble btw pdp and apc is too much
are these two parties d only ones we have in nigeria?
are we voting for d person or we are voting d party, this one pdp only mentions apc and vice versa.
wat abt d oda parties, are they so insignificant dat apc and pdp will not even talk about dem,if dat be d case den why are they some presidential candidates in dose parties since they clearly knw they can neva win.
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2014
Simplesoul05:
hmmmm oga JONA, this time na "I Hardly Get What I Want in Life" last 3 yrs was 'I Had No Shoes' bros J, we don wise up. abeg pack you load come 2015.
no mind the pity seeker.... Always trying to seek pity, so he can be favored.
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2014
Cutehector4u:
looool...dividin both sides by boko haram, boko haram will cancel itself in the pdp side, which will leav apc and bokoharam on the oda side...this means that pdp is equal to apc over boko haram...dis is very interesting...

Gush you are so so daft. Do you know maths at all? See this fool embarrassing his family online o
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2014
Many reading out of context: gej was talking to his party men not to quarrel among themselves over elective positns and not to d general public. So u who say u've wisened up are u a pdp member?
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 20, 2014
Mr. President you should enjoy your day and stop this your format. We are wiser now! Change has come through #Buhari
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 20, 2014
I hardly Get what i want, i had no shoes. Hmmm. There is God oo
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Caseless: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2014
Cutehector4u:
u support which apc? If u take what gej said to be anything new , then, i'm afraid u are like him.
That's life; we dont usually get what we want. Abi na now gej de knw?
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2014
soe:

Gush you are so so daft. Do you know maths at all? See this fool embarrassing his family online o
guy pls u r supposed to realise everythn here is just a joke....
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by hardywaltz(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2014
Don't worry my able Presido u shall get what u truly want come 2015 which is to go back to ur fish pond in Otueke...
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2014
majekdom2:
do you really think PDP is ready to work with APC. If APC is not a progressive part , would the merger have changed their names. They have changed names lots because of mergers. Do you think PDP will ever change their name to favor any merger. Look deep at this. You would not blame the APC for this
so wat r u sayin
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Sparrow13: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2014
Ok

Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Caseless: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
Mr. President you should enjoy your day and stop this your format. We are wiser now! Change has come through #Buhari
he doesn't get what he want in life. And he want to remain the president till 2019; he wont get it. That history about him must come to play at the poll next year. He wants it , and nigerians wont let him have it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2014
Cutehector4u:
so wat r u sayin
what am saying is the APC is ready to to embrace all other party unlike the PDP.....Thats the mind of a progressive. Check out what's happening in oyo state... Simple trick , a Merger with the accord party simply would make PDP stronger in that state but they don't wanna agree. The party is always over ambitious.... They just wanna remain PDP , the ruling party. Even in our everyday life , We see different companies and brands merge , change their names and find out ways of moving ahead.
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2014
majekdom2:
what am saying is the APC is ready to to embrace all other party unlike the PDP.....Thats the mind of a progressive. Check out what's happening in oyo state... Simple trick , a Merger with the accord party simply would make PDP stronger in that state but they don't wanna agree. The party is always over ambitious.
ok...
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by kelechiMarie(f): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2014
If i were Gej ,i would have damned the consequences four years ago and fought corruption and insurgency with my last breath.Imo he cares too much about not stepping on the toes of the high and mighty.He's probably gonna win d elections next year but what about posterity
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by tomakint: 10:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Jonathan is in a different class.....he may look sluggish in his approach but trust me, he has proven time and again that the race of life is not to the swift, nor favour to men of skills but time and chance determine your status in life. GEJ till 2019 this I know for sure.
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by abdulaz: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2014
spenca:

no wonder you failed arithmetic for waec grin
APC= PDP - BOKO HARAM
Re: "I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan by obaomuro(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2014
Simplesoul05:
politic is not the way you see it some peoples reacted to it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Of Imo State; Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha Dancing Shoki / Rivers State Governorship Debate Is On Now On Channels Tv. / EXCLUSIVE: Preliminary National Presidential Election Results Show Buhari Leads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.