Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation (3600 Views)

Senate Will Improve On Tuesday’s Screening – Dino Melaye / These 20 Things Will Improve Your Life / Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by troy07: 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2008
Please suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by oderemo(m): 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2008
like carting off all Nigerians to planet utopia and bring decent govt. the problem of Nigeria is that it is full of Nigerians.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by amata053: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2008
We don't need brilliant ideas, we need honest voters, we need dedicated politicians, we need the Obama syndrome. http://www.BizInfo1.com/?ix=4455
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by troy07: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2008
@Amata053

Thanks for your contribution.

We need to start somewhere.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by Binutiri(m): 12:41am On Nov 27, 2008
i think nigerians should go back to mass FARMING,
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by naijaway(m): 1:27am On Nov 27, 2008
*  $500,000 for every state going solely to education for civilians and security forces from armies to yellow fever for the next ten years beginning with a goal to create an exciting school environment. first- stucturally, second - labs, third- making state of the art libraries in the middle of every 5 schools, and also doubling up schools as election sites, having biometrics, serious researches, securities etc

*  Once and for all complete, distribute and maintain mass power supply.

*  Acquire three more satelites and make sure the nationals are being trained in the ability to maintain and develop newer ones. I am aware of the rumors going about the satelite that had issues or watever but not acquiring more will do us no better and add to the already depression. We have to show persistence in trying to lead technologically.

*  Focus on security through training that improves community communications, ability to contain incidents without being brutal to the innocents, police education, regular assessments from accounting to inventories to accountabilities and recommendations, fitness, gradually improving jails looks(should be last on d police list),  and technological improvements.

*  Then infrastucture beginning with rail from city wide to region wide to national wide all excerpt for city wide comprising of slow to fast rail cars and freight cars. Then we can talk of roads, air, etc.

*  Finally for now, strengthening basic rights by honestly renovating the constitution from one civilian to a bunch of government officals and coming up with a plan to circulate money within the country without killing the ordinary man.

As for healthcare, knowing that it would bankrupt the country to an unimagineable scale,  focus on one regional hospital in every region ie the whole east will have one surgical place at so and so but one; then west, south, and north the same; but the dispenseries and pharmacists with honest inspectors should be in every city and should be capable of treating small injuries, gun shot wounds, preventing diseases, helping delivery of newborns, etc.  The trick should be that experts should know when u need a surgery and at least there should be five or six helicopters at every regional surgery center that should be able to respond in critical times. This should always be viewed as a short term measure.

All these and many more, and also my input are based on an approximation of our treasury which I think is around 59 to 60 billion dollars.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by BlackRevo: 3:02am On Nov 27, 2008
--- Conduct a sincere and true census that does not favour any tribe or has any political or resource advantage.

--- Dissolving the 36 states and re--grouping according to ethnicity, economic viability and choice of association.

--- Identification of all Nigerians with a unique social security number and placed in a national database.

--- Conduct a sovereign national conference so to bring forth a favourable constitution to everyone.

--- Rigorously solve the energy problem by applying all possible types of energy generation, conservation and reuse

--- Reduce crude oil and natural gas exportation to zero within two years.Only refined and finished products will be exported after then

--- Channel all our energy resources to support our industrial revolution first and foremost before exportation.

--- Going back aggressively to agriculture,manufacturing and industrial revolution.

----Call back all our armies in peace keeping efforts outside the country

--- Solve the transportation,education,accommodation and environmental problems in Nigeria.

--- Re-negotiate our foreign policies, business polices and bilateral agreements.

--- Investigate All former and present government officials from 1960 to date, presidents down to councillors.

---- Audit all government/private  corporations, ministries and business from 1960 to date.

---- Embark on reconciliation of all ethnicities in Nigeria and raising the will of every Nigeria to rebuild the country

----Industrial revolution in all sectors of the economy and technological development.

---Asking all Nigerians abroad to come back home and rebuild the country.

, I will take imputs from every Nigeria small or big in rebuilding the country thank you.

God Bless The Giant Of Africa
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by faoni572(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2008
I think the first evil we should get rid off is corruptions, if Nigeria can fight corruptions at all levels and after that make sure there is constant supply of electricity, I bet you all Nigeria will change for better!
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by KnowAll(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2008
Nigerians do you know there is a place called Mambilla Pleateau in Taraba state. The land there is good for planting Tea and Coffee. Coffee is like gold if you can be export it to the west those of you with N500,000 whose thinking of something to invest in, you might as well go and buy land there and set up your plantation. When next I am Nigeria I want to go and visit the area.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by Ibime(m): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2008
We must record every Nigerian at birth and give them a social security number or National Insurance number for tax purposes and good accountability. If we do this, we don't need a census. As long as we have statistics on ourselves, we can then plan for the future.

We must adopt fiscal federalism.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by PapaBrowne(m): 12:26am On Nov 28, 2008
Hmmm,  Nigerians, if governance was as simple as we have just stated, then bravo. . . we wouldn't be in the current mess we are in.
I think for a more interesting read,  we should just state one thing we would do. . . . but more importantly, we should state how we are going to do it!!

You say you'll solve power problem. How are you going solve it. Whats your strategy?
You say constitutional review? How are you going to do that when there are powerful interests to stop you? You've got to state your strategy!

Governance might seem so simple. Naaah, its not that simple. It takes a lot to galvanize a group of people in a small company to do jobs they are paid to do, talkless of steering a whole nation where there are folks with different ideologies,  most of whom believe they have a stake in plundering the scarce resources.

Its going to be a hell of a task to come up with strategies to improve our economic conditions.

From what we've stated here, our performances would be much worse than all the leaders we've had in recent times.

Let's come out with more specific, top class, strategical input on how we are going to solve Nigeria's problems.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by bawomolo(m): 1:03am On Nov 28, 2008
cut down spending on the armed forces. more money for education.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by Tonim(f): 1:49am On Nov 28, 2008
Fix the power problem and it will have a multiplier effect on the rest of the economy in terms of jobs and productivity (gdp).

Spend some of this 60 billion dollar reserve to generate at least 15,000 MW of electricity, then privatize the power sector.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by NegroNtns(m): 3:14am On Nov 28, 2008
We don't need brilliant ideas, we need honest voters, we need dedicated politicians, we need the Obama syndrome. http://www.BizInfo1.com/?ix=4455

Amata, very good point! Thanks for your insight!!
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by troy07: 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Papabrown

I agree with you on strategy to implement suggested ideas.

Once we have the idea of what is on people 's mind to improve Nigeria economic problem, then we will work on how to make the idea a reality.

Please let your ideas keep flowing and thanks for your contribution.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by troy07: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2008
Take this opportunity to suggest ways to improve Nigeria.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by diggler(m): 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2008
Nigeria is trapped in a vicious cycle of corruption & poverty.
Corruption in this country has become so systemic and a part of us that sometimes i feel that by merely breathing the air in this country newborn kids imbibe the evil.
If u can deal a big blow to any one of the two ills, then we are on the highway to Paradise.

however i feel we need to face first corruption because if it persists, U can't tackle poverty.
This can be done by employing tact and guile and not necessarily taking the moral high ground/Ribaduesque tactics.

For example: We can encourage those past leaders and Looters that have been looted us to come and Invest those funds in say our infrastructure (Power, Transportation, Agriculture) such investment will lead to unconditional pardons. besides they & their families will become the Rockefeller & Carnegie of this country. Afterall Public-Private partnership is the l8est in a string of buzz phrases and  with other major world economies looking for massive funds to reboot their economies and funds becoming scare, who is best to invest in Nigeria if not Nigerians.
The knock on effect is that Industrialization and wealth creation is kick started which will provide more funds for Government via taxes.
Fashola has shown us Oil aint the only revenue source.
These funds thus generated will be channeled to Health care, Education, Security and other not so profitable services that govt needs to guarantee or provide outright.

Ultimately, as the standard of living improves across the board and our people (bulk of whom are illiterate esp up north) become more enlightened, they will begin to demand more of their leaders and also be better non-compromised positions of demanding Good governance. As opposed to a governor drilling a borehole or planting some friggin flowers and making a helluva noise out of it OR looking for hand-downs from the leaders and engaging in the nauseating Sycophancy that suffocates us.

Also, reduction in poverty will lead to reduction in other ills such as ethnicity which i feel feeds off poverty.

Long Live nigeria
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by ojubi(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2008
bring all nigerian leaders together in one house, past and pressent then bomb the house let start all over again. i bet u this country will be good.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by troy07: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2008
ojubi:

bring all nigerian leaders together in one house, past and pressent then bomb the house let start all over again. i bet u this country will be good.

We prefer none violent solutions.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by Charlesmud(m): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
Can someone tell me what exactly are we waiting for ?

We have to unity to create an organisation/commission/party/group with foriegn support that will create a program which will help in Nigeria's development.

The betterness of Nigeria comes from us not this our bastard past and present government or politicians.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by Muza(m): 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2008
a sincere 7 point agenda,unbiased fighting of corruption and rule of law.
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by Charlesmud(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2008
Muza:

a sincere 7 point agenda,unbiased fighting of corruption and rule of law.

So how will this happen to make Nigeria better ?

I'm sure it wont be easy or simple to make things better in Nigeria,
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by JustGood(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2008
ojubi:

do you see many decent Nigerians in public?
everyone who gets to public position only thinks of stealing.

Perhaps we should bring all Nigerians into the house to be bombed undecided
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by concrete: 2:46am On Dec 10, 2008
ojubi:

BWAHhahhahhahahHAHAHAH!!!!

i can't breathe

too funny

kiss
Re: Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation by Charlesmud(m): 3:10am On Dec 10, 2008
JustGood:

do you see many decent Nigerians in public?
everyone who gets to public position only thinks of stealing.

Perhaps we should bring all Nigerians into the house to be bombed undecided

We all know this is a silly thinking that will never work, Its better know were we stand and what we want than make just imaginations that we know deeply know its impossible.

(1) (Reply)

Gen Buhari Deserve A Post In Jonathan's Govt / Uduaghan Defends Cost Of Asaba Airport / I Was One Of The Reasons Why US Barred Nigeria From DV Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.