Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect (4797 Views)

Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Militants From Borno Town / Live Updates From Bornu, Yobe And Adamawa States / State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Chylo:

My friend sharrap there and stop talkin rubbish. Give me the source or link where the reps said the army is illegal.

Even if they said it is illegal doesn't make it illegal. The president is commander in chief of the armed forces and can deploy troops where-ever he wants. Except he is out of ideas and doesn't know what to do, then he can resign and gerrout of aso rock. Can you imagine a president hiding under flimsy excuse to shirk his responsibility.

hmm. This must be the clueless one.
What is the difference between the current state of emergency and the president deploying troops to the region.
Define state of emergency in context to adamawa, yobe and borno state.
If the state of emergency is cancelled and the president deploy military to the states, what mode of operation would they adopt.
You just sounds like a motivational speaker that has no other skills but talking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by meccuno: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
These people are playing politics with the lives of people.....so if they refuse an extension for the emergency rule,what is the alternative to it? If they don't want it,they should tell us what they want in place.....I hate it when these politicians start playing their crude politics with the lives of Nigerians....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Chylo(m): 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:

hmm. This must be the clueless one.
What is the difference between the current state of emergency and the president deploying troops to the region.
Define state of emergency in context to adamawa, yobe and borno state.
If the state of emergency is cancelled and the president deploy military to the states, what mode of operation would they adopt.
You just sounds like a motivational speaker that has no other skills but talking.

Oga, just say you dont know what state of emergency means for me to explain to you.

What it means is just that the federal government can declare martial law in the area under such rule and thus declare a curfew whenever they like and for however they like. The problem with that is, only the law-abiding citizens are affected by such. The terrorist still move about freely and thus have access to kill more people. The fact is, emergency rule or not, if the military are serious, they should be able to defeat these guys quickly.

Lemme ask you, what method did JTF adopt in Naija-Delta, when no state of emergency was ever declared? Or the president at dat time, did he have 10 heads?
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by CyberWolf: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Anyhow they wanna do it, let them do it...all thus hullabaloo will end if election next yr..
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by dustydee: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
What can the army do with a state of emergency in place that they can't do without it in place? Withdrawing the troops will be the Presidents biggest mistake.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
Chylo:

Oga, just say you dont know what state of emergency means for me to explain to you.

What it means is just that the federal government can declare martial law in the area under such rule and thus declare a curfew whenever they like and for however they like. The problem with that is, only the law-abiding citizens are affected by such. The terrorist still move about freely and thus have access to kill more people. The fact is, emergency rule or not, if the military are serious, they should be able to defeat these guys quickly.

Lemme ask you, what method did JTF adopt in Naija-Delta, when no state of emergency was ever declared? Or the president at dat time, did he have 10 heads?

Sorry, I don't get what you are saying. What is martial law under emergency rule?
You can bring it down if you care.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by tinkinjow: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Some people believe they are fighting Gej, I know one thing is certain, by the time all the nonsense come to an end the north in particular will regret ever embarking on this journey.
They are about to lose everything.
Nigeria is about to go. No Jonathan no Nigeria as me and you know it.
Tambuwal should know that there'll be no money to fund neither the House of Representatives or Sokoto States.
Funny seeing them pretending to sign up for the impeachment of the president. What delusion.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Chylo(m): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:

Sorry, I don't get what you are saying. What is martial law under emergency rule?
You can bring it down if you care.

I give up. I cannot take the role of your social studies teacher. You're too old for that.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by tit(f): 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
the Niger Delta representatives should ask for an immediate withdrawal of the JTFs disturbing them in the creeks of the niger delta.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Chylo:

I give up. I cannot take the role of your social studies teacher. You're too old for that.

ok.

That is why my ignorance can't stop speaking the truth. The meaning I read is far different from the understanding you draw out of his action. He is a heroe to some people because the military has not been able to write their names in gold over boko haram coupled with the inability of GEJ to deal with Politics of Image creating that the Boko haram and APC is fighting hard to tarnish.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by arsetalks(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
nationwide1:
The APC says they will discuss with the real BH when they take over. Meanwhile, let's expect announcement of caliphates soon.
Please provide quote from a valid source on this.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Franzeez(m): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
idumuose:
Let me tell you this fact.The Nigeria army has hijacked the SOE and converted it for their selfish end.The President does not need SOE in the northeast to defeat boko haram.

He should explore other constitutional means to end the insurgency.SOE is another avenue to enrich our corrupt army.Besides don't you think the reps have more classified information at their disposal?

They are more informed and are at vantage position to know the true state of events in the troubled states.

Like? What other avenues Tell us
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by nawtyme: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
idumuose:

You have state of emergency and yet territories are being conquered by boko haram without any resistance by the army.The president should look for other options aside SOE.SOE is not bringing the desired result.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting achieve different results.

Now if you are the president, what will you do? An area where civilians give information to boko Haram that lead to massacre of troops as seen in Damboama? A region where it's populace rejoice when Boko Haram displays the hardware they took from the Nigerian army as seen in one of the videos they posted? More disturbing is that the children in the video are as young as 10.
The military did not defeat the militants in the Niger Delta. They accepted the amnesty program and let peace reign. Moreover the people of ND cooperated with the military. Hence the state of emergency was not necessary.
When the rate of kidnapping climaxed in Abia State the military was sent in and with the cooperation of the people of the state, that menace did not last long. Hence there was no need for the SOE.
I ask you once again if you are the president, what would you do?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Zuria(f): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
realnas:
is this a joke or what? I can't blv wat I'm seeing ,withdraw the troops and replace them with who? Trust me the moment this happens the north east will turn into another iraq God forbid,I knw jona is dumb but not that extent trust me

grin grin the army would be replaced by the much celebrated-hunters...Yippe!!!!

We just hope the Northeast doesn't really turn to another Iraq....
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by dat9jaguy(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:
Following the conspiracy by the house of reps to destabilize the North East and allow boko haram to take over the affected states and beyond by rejecting the extension of Emergency rule in the affected states in North East Nigeria, The federal government is set to withdraw the Nigerian troops fighting to recover the states taken by boko haram insurgents.

The house declared the presence of the troops in the mentioned states as illegal as the emergency extension was denied.

Since the politics of hate and conspiracy is at peak in the Nigerian polity, it is time for every individual to defend oneself from every terrorist and crime.

The NASS has openly declared that the security of the nation is no longer in the hand of the president and they did not specify who should protect the life and property of Nigerians, every individual should not expect the any form of security from the president.

As the C-I-C,for now,GEJ has the right to send troops to any part of the country.He does not need to declare state of emergency to do that.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
dat9jaguy:

As the C-I-C,for now,GEJ has the right to send troops to any part of the country.He does not need to declare state of emergency to do that.

And the C-I-C said that SOE is the approach that can tackle the Issue of the insurgents but the law makers disagree. If the president is so blamed for the under achievement of the military under partial SOE, what would they say if he were to send troops and theyperform less than the SOE case. Is he going to employ troops from another country or will it be the same military that was there during the state of emergency?

If people think that this partial state of emergency has failed, they should be agitating for full state of emergency and not taking the situation lightly.
I believe reasonable people should agitate for tougher approach and lighter handling of the issue.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
Zuria:

grin grin the army would be replaced by the much celebrated-hunters...Yippe!!!!

Really? Yippeeee?
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by dat9jaguy(m): 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:

And the C-I-C said that SOE is the approach that can tackle the Issue of the insurgents but the law makers disagree. If the president is so blamed for the under achievement of the military under partial SOE, what would they say if he were to send troops and theyperform less than the SOE case. Is he going to employ troops from another country or will it be the same military that was there during the state of emergency?

If people think that this partial state of emergency has failed, they should be agitating for full state of emergency and not taking the situation lightly.
I believe reasonable people should agitate for tougher approach and lighter handling of the issue.

What we have in these states are full state of emergencies and if you think because they still retain the govs then it is partial SOE,the courts have ruled that the
president cannot remove an elected gov if SOE is declared in the affected state as was the case in OBJ's time.Back to the matter,i insist SOE or no SOE
GEJ can and should send troops anywhere they are needed.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by shigoslim(m): 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nigerians destroying Nigeria. The picture is clearly shows that everybody is dying just because oil, oil, oil, oil money. There is nothing like one Nigeria, Gen Gowon could u pls come out and dissolve the one sycophant nation u fight for?

Gen Gowon dissolve Nigeria now before Nigeria dissolve nigerians. Let everyone go his/her way enough is enough.............Bayelsa, rivers, Niger delta, akwa ibom, e.t.c pls hold yo oil form your nation before we hve blood oil, ironically the blood oil is already on the track.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Zuria(f): 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
victorels:

Really? Yippeeee?

It should be in order with all the celebration of how great the hunters are better than the military. You see how media outlets mock the Military when they don't understand how un-cooperative the host communities are to the military.

Well, it's quite tiring when you see bullet-ridden bodies of colleagues and you thoughts are: "this could have been me"; or when you have the responsibility of telling a woman she has suddenly become a widow & watch the light go out of her eyes.

That we signed up to protect and defend Nigeria doesn't mean we should be sacrificial lambs on a political altar!!! They don't want us? Yippee...we go back to our barracks and go out for real wars when it beckons. Shalom cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 21, 2014
Zuria:
Yippee...we go back to our barracks and go out for real wars when it beckons. Shalom cool

What if this is the only real war that the military has to battle? Just asking.

Since you sounded like one of them, let me say thank you for protecting Nigerias. But the military are not going anywhere until they have finally tackled boko haram and fulani butchers.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 21, 2014
dat9jaguy:

I insist SOE or no SOE
GEJ can and should send troops anywhere they are needed.

I know that. In that case, the only difference between emergency rule in those state and the president deploying troops in those state is the free hand Given to the military to declare curfew. That is the only difference I have seen so far.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Zuria(f): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2014
victorels:

What if this is the only real war that the military has to battle? Just asking.

Since you sounded like one of them, let me say thank you for protecting Nigerias. But the military are not going anywhere until they have finally tackled boko haram and fulani butchers.

This is no war...its pure genocide or man's inhumanity to man.

It is a good thing CJTF and the hunters have risen to the challenge...we only wish the locals would also see boko haram as a representation of evil and not any religion. I don't want to talk about the politicians cause I assume in every war the political class are the top beneficiaries...I may be wrong but listening to political reps of those region? I reserve my anger... angry
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
Zuria:

This is no war...its pure genocide or man's inhumanity to man.

It is a good thing CJTF and the hunters have risen to the challenge...we only wish the loclfals would also see boko haram as a representation of evil and not any religion. I don't want to talk about the politicians cause I assume in every war the political class are the top beneficiaries...I may be wrong but listening to political reps of those region? I reserve my anger... angry

Ok.

Please do not reserve your anger for too long before it explode.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by neighy(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2014
S..O..E
BokoHaram
Sympatizzeerrrss
N.A
1BN Loan

They all Work Hand In Hand

And EveryThinG Points To PoliTics...
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by neighy(m): 7:40am On Nov 23, 2014
Zuria:

It should be in order with all the celebration of how great the hunters are better than the military. You see how media outlets mock the Military when they don't understand how un-cooperative the host communities are to the military.

Well, it's quite tiring when you see bullet-ridden bodies of colleagues and you thoughts are: "this could have been me"; or when you have the responsibility of telling a woman she has suddenly become a widow & watch the light go out of her eyes.

That we signed up to protect and defend Nigeria doesn't mean we should be sacrificial lambs on a political altar!!! They don't want us? Yippee...we go back to our barracks and go out for real wars when it beckons. Shalom cool
I don't see Nigeria Fighting any Conventional War in the Near Future... All we have is... Counter Insurgency and Anti Pirating.... And then the UN PeaceKeeping... So What do you actually mean by Real War... And Yea those Fallen Soldiers are Sacrificial Lamb for Political Ambition... But they still died protecting SomeOne...
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Zuria(f): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2014
neighy:
I don't see Nigeria Fighting any Conventional War in the Near Future... All we have is... Counter Insurgency and Anti Pirating.... And then the UN PeaceKeeping... So What do you actually mean by Real War... And Yea those Fallen Soldiers are Sacrificial Lamb for Political Ambition... But they still died protecting SomeOne...

Well he was asking why the "yippee" I had to explain it to his understanding. Salaam smiley
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2014
Whizzdom:

Nigeria Arm Forces wey no get mouth ...... na only to command dem sabi ... buh to execute am na wahala

Our soldiers wey no ready to die 4 dis country .... GEJ don suffer grin grin grin grin
U whey dey talk, U fit die for anytin If na u strong pass, y u no go join the Army U Just carry fone and type rubbish because u have megabyte,Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 23, 2014
The President can issue executive orders and use his veto powers on issues relating to National security I think.

As Tambuwal and his colleagues are playing politics with the lower house

Jonathan should use his executive orders and veto powers where applicable and allowed by law!

The attorney general should advise him carefully on this and what's legal and within the limits of our constitution.
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by neighy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Zuria:

Well he was asking why the "yippee" I had to explain it to his understanding. Salaam smiley
Walaykum... The Ish dosnt require Yippee dou... Plus are you in the army??
Re: Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect by Whizzdom(m): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
2muchopoTBdope:
U whey dey talk, U fit die for anytin If na u strong pass, y u no go join the Army U Just carry fone and type rubbish because u have megabyte,Nonsense.

grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Pictures Of Diezani's 37 Million Dollars Property Siezed By EFCC / Photos From Governor Rotimi Akeredolu's Daughter's Wedding In Mauritius / BREAKING: NNPC: Buhari Appoints Magnus Abe And Others As New Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.