Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN (28795 Views)

Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide / UPDATE: Tambuwal Should Apply For Protection–police / Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by esoboy875(m): 6:44am On Nov 21, 2014
chisco82:

Are you saying base on ur own nlogical reason or base on constitutional provisions?
Do u wan to tell me dat other members don defect in d NA? don't dey knw d constitution?
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 21, 2014
9jii:
Is he a TAN or san?
When the so-called literate talked like political attack dog, you know it time for a CHANGE
he spoke about so called honorables climbing and scaling fences..that tells and goes to show a lot about the attributes and characteristics of da so called agents of change that you janjawe.eds so much desire...
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Muscomide: 6:51am On Nov 21, 2014
Ozekhome has since lost his way. Or was he not the same 'legal luminary' who once called for amnesty for kidnappers following his kidnap last year? What sort of lawyer justifies criminality? Shame on you, Ozekhome.

1 Like

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by sweetgala(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2014
Tumbawal should do the right thing and let the house vote to keep him as speaker or replace him.
However he can not be asked to vacate his legislative seat as that was provided by the electorate and not PDP

The constitution also needs to be reviewed, it is poor and as someone once said is designed to allow former army men change their garb and be elected into political office. It allow for much corruption . Section G has no place in any constitution,
It should neatly state as concerns the speaker, be chosen by consensus amongst his peers , and can also be replaced by said means for which Tumbawal need do the needful and take a vote.

Yes the majority can choose to replace him as speaker but can also choose to keep him irrespective of political alliance. And PDP APC etc should stop the practice of collecting money for nomination forms. Any charges should be administrative in nature and applied to all members

1 Like

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by ayindejimmy(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2014
mikeansy:

Ok Tompolo and Tambuwal in the same class now?

I see now that you people set the bar very low for ur representatives!

Sister we are talking about the integrity and sanctity of the second arm of Government here!
If you want to do an objective comparison... Why did you forget to mention Gej?
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by joseph1832(m): 6:56am On Nov 21, 2014
mikeansy:

Ok Tompolo and Tambuwal in the same class now?

I see now that you people set the bar very low for ur representatives!

Sister we are talking about the integrity and sanctity of the second arm of Government here!
Integrity and sanctity my ass!. Compare and contrast between the 1st and 2nd arm of government and I believe you'll see which has integrity. As for me both arm are filled with rogues.

As for sanctity please I urge you to focus your telescope to the north east! There you'll find sanctity!.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 21, 2014
Muscomide:
Ozekhome has since lost his way.

Because he disagree with you on this occasion
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by joseph1832(m): 6:58am On Nov 21, 2014
nuclearboy:
Would you also say that having sworn to protect and defend Nigeria's sovereignty and failed (even losing territory), that Jonathan has a moral reason to also resign?

Let us be factual - Nigeria too is greater than his own ambition as well
Funny how those supporting this article will never see the logic of your reason.

1 Like

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 21, 2014
joseph1832:
Integrity and sanctity my ass!. Compare and contrast between the 1st and 2nd arm of government and I believe you'll see which has integrity. As for me both arm are filled with rogues.

As for sanctity please I urge you to focus your telescope to the north east! There you'll find sanctity!.

With all due respect sir I am not talking about perceptions and personal opinions here!

I am talking about custodians of the law and lawmakers respecting our constitution

May be too hard for you to appreciate but the facts are the facts

1 Like

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by joseph1832(m): 7:02am On Nov 21, 2014
tomakint:
Tambuwal is not a smart politician, first thing first, he ought to have defected long before now when the coast was clear and now calling the bluff off the President when the stand of the constitution does not in any way favoured him.....Tambuwal will learn the hard way just like Amaechi undecided
And I believe Amaechi is still standing despite all the guns thrown at him. So Tambuwal should be no different.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by esoboy875(m): 7:03am On Nov 21, 2014
I tinks it is high time d military should tak ova so dat politicians wil learn lessons.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by joseph1832(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2014
mikeansy:

With all due respect sir I am not talking about perceptions and personal opinions here!

I am talking about custodians of the law and lawmakers respecting our constitution

May be too hard for you to appreciate but the facts are the facts
If you're saying this all your facts should not just be based on the custodians of our law! Why being myopic rather than hollistic?. Or don't you think the executive and judiciary need to respect our constitution also?.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 21, 2014
esoboy875:

Do u wan to tell me dat other members don defect in d NA? don't dey knw d constitution?
Bros we are talking about a principal position here "The Speaker of the House"
Is just like moving to a new appartment with nothing and when you want to relocate you now want to go with properties that was there, you were giving a job with an official car and resign your appointment, will you go with that official car?
The position of the speaker belong to PDP as a party not to Tambwal as an individual.
If ApC meant well for Nigeria they should advice him to resign.
All these shows that there will be no change even if APC wins the presidential election.
They are just showing Nigerians what to expect from them if they take over power.
Im not supporting any party, I'm an advocate of good governance.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by patrickmuf(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara:
Janjaweedians think they're smarter than others, they only remember to shout ''what about Mimiko'', but don't mention the governors that have defected from PDP to APC.
Just as you lots intentionally act like the PDP have never been beneficiaries of defections in the legislative arm of Government...
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by bayulll01(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2014
berem:
Eheeeen! What part of the constitution says that? Link please!

Mind you,he was elected as speaker by the whole house and not only PDP legislators. Learn to be truthful please.
stop arguing with daft people jawe that guy is just as cluelesss as his president

1 Like

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 21, 2014
joseph1832:
If you're saying this all your facts should not just be based on the custodians of our law! Why being myopic rather than hollistic?. Or don't you think the executive and judiciary need to respect our constitution also?.

Please cite which section of the law the executive or judiciary are breaking?

Tambuwal is currently attempting to circumvent section 68 of our constitution

Please tell me which section Jonathan goodluck is breaking
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2014
Demdem:
Very foolish and pathetic San. Another useless one is ocj okocha who feels wike should govern rivers.
These pdp Sans eh? Very useless set of people.
Na stomach infrastructure now, very senseless people, in an ideal environment, it should have been the other way around, I mean Jonathan should have tender his resignation long time ago.

1 Like

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by onowighose(m): 7:12am On Nov 21, 2014
tambuwal should resighn now .because he is not bigger than nigeria.he is selfish man .
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by BetaThings: 7:12am On Nov 21, 2014
PharmFonex:
........trying to paint asari dokubo wil b unfair if at the end u dnt tel us the reason y he made dos threat,that a certain man named Buhari also threatend 2 mk 9ja úngovernable if GEJ returns to power........,ah wil advice u kip quiet and eat that EBA u jst made and stop actio that 'APC PET' that u arn't.

Tell us the reason why he made the threat!!!

I beg you IN THE NAME OF GOD to
1. show where Buhari made that threat

APC or PDP, we need a country to live in, so
Again, I BEG you in THE NAME OF GOD, show us the evidence that Buhari made the threat
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by joseph1832(m): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2014
mikeansy:

Please cite which section of the law the executive or judiciary are breaking?

Tambuwal is currently attempting to circumvent section 68 of our constitution

Please tell me which section Jonathan goodluck is breaking
Kindly tell me what section 68 of our constitution says?.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Joythah(m): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2014
Agbakoba: don't tell me about the law, Tambuwal should resign.

Ozekhome: Tambuwal should resign for moral reasons..

Why are these sans afraid of the Law court? Go there and prove your case and stop supporting executive rascality.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by joseph1832(m): 7:14am On Nov 21, 2014
onowighose:
tambuwal should resighn now .because he is not bigger than nigeria.he is selfish man .
Okay Tambuwal should resign. What about GEJ? Should he not also resign?.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Muscomide: 7:15am On Nov 21, 2014
fx45:

1. Are they not immigrants from Futa Djallon Heights?
2. Are they not colonialists?
3. Like all colonialists, are they not parasites?
4. Did we not kick out the colonialists from the United Kingdom?
5. Is it not imperative that we join hands and kick out the Born To Rule colonialists from Futa Djallon?

Its about time!

Go back and see your doctor because the drugs are clearly not working for you.

1 Like

Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 21, 2014
joseph1832:
Kindly tell me what section 68 of our constitution says?.

Paraphrasing it says a legislator ceases to be a legislator when they defect from one party to another!
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 21, 2014
bayulll01:
stop arguing with daft people jawe that guy is just as cluelesss as his president
The extent at which people lie just to score points is really shocking. I am waiting for him to prove his points with facts.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by joseph1832(m): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2014
mikeansy:

Paraphrasing it says a legislator ceases to be a legislator when they defect from one party to another!
Please do not paraphrase! Say it exactly as it is written, verbatim!!!.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Pesuzok(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2014
Descartes:

Please grab a copy of the constitution and peruse through it and you be very glad you did wink

Have you asked yourself what happens to Kwankwoso, Amaechi, Okorocha, Wammako etc ? undecided

Or are you trying to act mischievously undecided

What has happened to them? As far as i know they are the ones making PDP stand on their toes
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by zeestunner(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2014
berem:
Tambuwal has suddenly become the problem of Nigeria where Jonathan can flex his muscle,whereas Tompolo a lawless citizen is terrorizing innocent journalists and threatening Nigerians in Delta state and Jonathan is turning a blind eye on the situation?

Time to kick out the Otuoke man from Aso Rock in 2015!!

Godbless you my sista the TAN abi na sand no fit open mouth when tompolo misbehave. Them go de form activities
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by horlus(m): 7:22am On Nov 21, 2014
What a rubbish writeup. If you say tambuwal should honorably resign because of the crisis at the national assembly then I had expected johnatan to honorably resign long ago because of all the killings and kidnappings happening because of him being president.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 21, 2014
joseph1832:
Please do not paraphrase! Say it exactly as it is written, verbatim!!!.

Well the Nigerian constitution is a public document available online. I have no interest to spoon feed you. Go read section 68 for yourself.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by BetaThings: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2014
chisco82:

Bros we are talking about a principal position here "The Speaker of the House"
Is just like moving to a new appartment with nothing and when you want to relocate you now want to go with properties that was there, you were giving a job with an official car and resign your appointment, will you go with that official car?
The position of the speaker belong to PDP as a party not to Tambwal as an individual.

Do you want to argue using the constitution or the bye law of NURTW?
In respect to defection
The constitution DOES NOT mention principal officer

When Obanikoro defected to PDP, he was affected, but PDP did not see it fit to ask him to resign

In respect to being speaker
The constitution DOES NOT mention party

chisco82:

If ApC meant well for Nigeria they should advice him to resign.
All these shows that there will be no change even if APC wins the presidential election.
They are just showing Nigerians what to expect from them if they take over power.

If Jonathan means well, he would have allowed the House of Reps to sit on the extension of the state of emergency!
The state if emergency has now expired, has it not?
Is removing Tambuwal more important that addressing security issue!

chisco82:

Your analysis is biased, you are castigating APC and you are telling us you are not biased
Even children in KG1 know that if meat is not shared properly, there is bias

When you declare a position that is contrary to the constitution, then you are biased

1999 Constituion, as amended
50. (1) There shall be

(b) a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.
Re: For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN by Pesuzok(m): 7:27am On Nov 21, 2014
People should quote the constitution as it states in full

68 (1) ) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if

(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored;

Tambuwal claims there is a division in sokoto PDP, why not find out if its true or false by letting the courts decide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anti- Jega Plot Crashes As Presidency Hits Dead End. / EKITIGATE See Twitter Nigeria's Reaction To Tope Aluko's Revelations On Channels / Atiku: I Will Risk Inflation To Win Huge Foreign Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.