Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe (39248 Views)

''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by PharmFonex(m): 2:16am On Nov 23, 2014
Built2last:
A true leader speaks less....Amaechi is a disappointment from all angles....May civil disobedience swallow him and his family only....what pains me is that many gullible fellows think that what politicians are doing is for their collective good. APC wants power at all cost, PDP Wants to retain power at all cost. It is the height of personal deception to think that the masses are anywhere in their plan. Must we loose lives anytime we have elections?

What pained me about his interview is not even parallel government cos its not possible.

It is that he said ''we will cause CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE and we will not go to COURT'' meaning that the only result acceptable to AMAECHI is that they are declared winners...Demon cracy indeed.
We have Executhieves and Legislooters...one and the same

People Decieveing people (PDP) Since 1999

Another Problem Coming (APC) Since 2011

Which way Naija
.....Enya-only time
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by PharmFonex(m): 2:19am On Nov 23, 2014
stopdat:
He said if the elections are rigged. Why is Okupe afraid? Is the PDP planning to rig d elections?
.......always talking shit since 30.BC
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by PharmFonex(m): 2:26am On Nov 23, 2014
Omooba77:
Presidency Thursday declared the utterances of the Rivers state governor, Chibuike Amaechi, that should the All Progressive Congress (APC) lose the 2015 general election, the party would resort to civil disobedience as incitement, treason and gross rascality.Addressing news men on the outcome on the APC Salvation Rally, the Senior Special Assistant to President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said, "Mr. Amaechi who became Governor of Rivers State in 2007 consequent upon a court judgment, said at a street rally organized by the All Progressive Congress that if the 2015 elections are ‘rigged’, his party will not seek redress in court but would rather carry out what he called ‘civil disobedience’ as well as form a parallel government”.

According to the President's aide, "This statement is clearly a further evidence of Governor Amaechi’s penchant for lawlessness and anarchy in his unbridled pursuit for power. It is curious and unthinkable that a man who was himself a beneficiary of the court process would disdain the very platform through which he acquired the opportunity to make his reckless and provocative statement.

"It is even more worrisome when one considers the fact that Governor Amaechi’s party, which is relatively new, came on board promising hope to Nigerians. With statements like this it is clear that Amaechi is more of a liability to his party than an asset and has the potential to bring his party to further opprobrium and disrepute. For someone who aspires to become the Vice President of this country, his disdain for law and order is not only unfortunate but also patently dangerous and sends dark signals about the survival of our democracy.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechis-utterances-treasonable-says-presidency/194616/
hw ah wish Gen.Sani Abacha was nt dead,stil ruling...xai unda PDP,APC and thier PETS wud ave seen 'PHROPREM'
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by ba7man(m): 2:34am On Nov 23, 2014
PDP should rig the elections first........at least its a "conditional" statement.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Built2last: 10:39am On Nov 23, 2014
1miccza:

Yes o am a woman with thick baritone voice,six packs,hairy legs and with the ability to impregnate any other woman.... *whispering should I still send the hug through blue tooth....

Person no dey play with you? Na play i dey play, abeg no come again. Tanku
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Chigold101(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin
civil disobedience is not the issue here But parallel government is a treasonable offence. saying you will form a parallel government is a threat to sovereignty of this nation Nigeria. Asiri didn't say Nigeria will have two presidents at same time
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by jumu: 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
okupe is afoolish man
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by 1miccza: 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Built2last:

Person no dey play with you? Na play i dey play, abeg no come again. Tanku

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) bros you take off?You no want muscular hug?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by HirstMOG(m): 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
stopdat:
He said if the elections are rigged. Why is Okupe afraid? Is the PDP planning to rig d elections?

Sometimes I think we should look/ read carefully before placing any comment. This statement from Amaechi is similar to what Buhari said before 2011 elections that led to the killing of innocent corps members in the North after the elections,thank God for sparing my life cos I was serving in the North then and is still hurting this country till today. Nobody with his right senses will support election ringing, but that shouldn't call for statement like this from a public servant. Sometimes I wonder if it's by force to rule over a people. God help Nigeria!!
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by HirstMOG(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Chigold101:
civil disobedience is not the issue here But parallel government is a treasonable offence. saying you will form a parallel government is a threat to sovereignty of this nation Nigeria. Asiri didn't say Nigeria will have two presidents at same time

Thank you for explaining to him what parallel govt means. Asari is not a public servant which you and I know, but for Amaechi mehn, only God knows what their govt will look like if they eventually take over power. I pray God not to allow us to fall into the hands that will be worse than what we are experiencing now.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Olaolufred(m): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
HirstMOG:

Thank you for explaining to him what parallel govt means. Asari is not a public servant which you and I know, but for Amaechi mehn, only God knows what their govt will look like if they eventually take over power. I pray God not to allow us to fall into the hands that will be worse than what we are experiencing now.

AMAECHI AND APC ARE NOT THE AUTHOR OF;
16 IS GREATER THAN 19.
5 IS GREATER THAN 27.
7 IS GREATER THAN 26.
ANY GOVT THAT SUPPORTS THESE ARE THOSE YOU SHOULD DREAD.
BOB MARLEY SAW IT BETTER, YOU AND YOUR GOONS ARE PRAYING FOR PEACE, WHILE YOU ALL DO NOT ASK FOR JUSTICE.
WHERE THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE CAN NEVER BE PEACE. 1999 TILL DATE IS AN EVIDENCE AGAINST PDP.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by HirstMOG(m): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
Built2last:
A true leader speaks less....Amaechi is a disappointment from all angles....May civil disobedience swallow him and his family only....what pains me is that many gullible fellows think that what politicians are doing is for their collective good. APC wants power at all cost, PDP Wants to retain power at all cost. It is the height of personal deception to think that the masses are anywhere in their plan. Must we loose lives anytime we have elections?

What pained me about his interview is not even parallel government cos its not possible.

It is that he said ''we will cause CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE and we will not go to COURT'' meaning that the only result acceptable to AMAECHI is that they are declared winners...Demon cracy indeed.
We have Executhieves and Legislooters...one and the same

People Decieveing people (PDP) Since 1999

Another Problem Coming (APC) Since 2011

Which way Naija

You think out of the box! May God bless you, if only many of us know that they are only fighting for power to protect themsleves and their families.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by HirstMOG(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Olaolufred:

AMAECHI AND APC ARE NOT THE AUTHOR OF;
16 IS GREATER THAN 19.
5 IS GREATER THAN 27.
7 IS GREATER THAN 26.
ANY GOVT THAT SUPPORTS THESE ARE THOSE YOU SHOULD DREAD.
BOB MARLEY SAW IT BETTER, YOU AND YOUR GOONS ARE PRAYING FOR PEACE, WHILE YOU ALL DO NOT ASK FOR JUSTICE.
WHERE THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE CAN NEVER BE PEACE. 1999 TILL DATE IS AN EVIDENCE AGAINST PDP.

Should a surpose leader speaks the way Amaechi is speaking? Is better you know now that later apology can never change what has already gone wrong. Learn to chose your words carefully especially if you are an office holder or vying for a public office, cos your words will always come back to hurt you.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by akanbiaa(m): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Then the election must not be RIGGED so that Ameachi threat will not come to pass, INEC please organize a free, fair, credible and transparent election so if APC loose it will be obvious and if PDP loose it will also be obvious and everyone will accept their faith.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by DrPrickson: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin
So u r putin Asari and Amaechi in the same class?? Asari is a militant and a rascal. But we voted for this disappointing Amaechi
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by deife(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
declaro:

Those that are talking about war have not witness one. They feel it is James Bone movie shows.

Happy Birthday, Great Man. God bless you.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by declaro(m): 2:44am On Dec 16, 2014
deife:

Happy Birthday, Great Man. God bless you.

Thank you very much my brother. I'm very happy for this.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by deife(m): 4:02am On Dec 16, 2014
declaro:

Thank you very much my brother. I'm very happy for this.

You're welcome sir.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by chemali: 4:27am On Dec 16, 2014
barcanista:
Inasmuch as I don't subscribe to election rigging, civil disobedience is never a decent way to reclaim mandate. The government, inec and police must do all they can to ensure a free, fair and credible election so as to avoid breakdown of law and order.

Last I checked, the definition of civil disobedience is the refusal to comply with certain laws considered unjust, as a peaceful form of political protest. It's civil disobedience that brought GEJ to power before Yar'Adua's death and if it is what we need to get him out of power to respect our wishes via our votes, then it is fair. Parallel government on the other hand takes it too far and Amaechi should be cautioned. This however to every unbiased mind is not treason so Okupe should shut up and ensure INEC does not rig as well as the one characteristic of the Jonathan administration where minority is greater than majority doesn't rear it's head in 2015 elections.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Campaign Posters Of Candidates For Rivers Re-run Elections (photos) / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / End Of The Road For Nyesom Wike - By Abu Njakku (Daily Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.