Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days (47070 Views)

Brother To Flavour's Babymama Sandra Okagbue Blasts Him For Messing With Her Pre / Big Congrats! Brymo Proudly Shows Off His Pregnant Babymama / I Am Still A Virgin - Flavour Claims. Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Yemimovich(m): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ishilove:
Mixed reactions continue to trail Flavour's announcement that his new album, 'Thankful', has sold a record one million copies in five days.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Ze6hs0e9OVg/VG4CXmqWwOI/AAAAAAAD764/ODOeysPTBb0/s1600/000.png[/img]

While some have tittered behind their fingers and turned their noses up, others have been more vocal in the expression of their utter disbelief. Brymo took to his twitter page to take shots at the claims.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-CSg2lYfdv94/VG4BA-a66-I/AAAAAAAD76Y/G-FxVkG5ZsI/s1600/00.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-WVu773LllA0/VG4BEXCmK5I/AAAAAAAD76o/tLUXqmzexxQ/s1600/2.png[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-h7HwURPGRqc/VG4BBF8yfXI/AAAAAAAD76c/zxDNBESqhbs/s1600/01.png[/img]
picture source:https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale
http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/lol-brymo-takes-swipe-at-flavours-1m.html?

Below is the opinion of someone who agrees with Brymo.

SOURCE:http://www.36ng.com.ng/2014/11/20/brymo-reacts-to-bogus-spurious-reports-of-flavours-album-selling-1million-copies/

Brymo later apologised, after the damage had been done. Lol (Although i do think the apology is rather tongue-in-the-cheek grin)
[img]http://4.bp..com/-h7HwURPGRqc/VG4BBF8yfXI/AAAAAAAD76c/zxDNBESqhbs/s1600/01.png[/img]
source:https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale

Be that as it may, whether it is true o, or whether it is not true o, Flavour is basking in the glow of his success and nothing anyone says or thinks will change that. cheesy

if his latest album has sold 1million copies in 5days truly,well let's keep our fingers crossed and see how many awards he will cart away next year, how many times his songs will be aired from now on,how many applause or thumb ups he will get, and why didn't his album stay on #1 spot on itunes after the release of the album, or everything is just a strategy to say flavour is far better than others? let's not judge but keep watching..thanks
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
The question is ...does he have a contract with i tunes

Awards..snoop and eminem sold millions but very few awards...awards aint criteria

Air play...wil stations pay him loyalties...so air play doesnt translate to album sales

Yemimovich:

if his latest album has sold 1million copies in 5days truly,well let's keep our fingers crossed and see how many awards he will cart away next year, how many times his songs will be aired from now on,how many applause or thumb ups he will get, and why didn't his album stay on #1 spot on itunes after the release of the album, or everything is just a strategy to say flavour is far better than others? let's not judge but keep watching..thanks
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by 2goodbobo(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pls what is Brymo? down here in Jamaica Brymo :Pmeans jealousy. I'm schooling in Jamiaca
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by annita19(f): 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
CoolHunk:
Lol...If annita19 the superfan hasn't yet carried out any form of auscultatory tests on the album, then methinks his claims are certainly disputable. Hmm...Nigerians and lies look an inseparable pair. Gotta run now before the tinfoil hat brigade deploy to this thread.

Lmao that's unbelievable but not impossible undecided
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by shizzleStar: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pls what is brymo? is it the name of local dog?

The same fool that couldn't get an album to his name for 4years?

Thesame iddiott that doesn't even know how to keep to an agreement he signed?

How does those nonsense he put up there on twitter stop obanio music from smiling to the bank?

How does it stop flavour from getting bigger and banging on young, fresh punnies almost at will and chics claiming him?

Bleeping ITK fvcktard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Rainmaker69(m): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
1 million copies in 5 days! Where is FIRS? Please calculate his personal income tax from royalties and the companies income tax from the marketing and distribution. Also don't forget to collect the VAT and Capital Gains Tax as well.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
ShoryuKen:
Although the average CD internationally retails for about 11 times the price of a CD in Nigeria [200 NGN vs. 13.02 USD = 2,294.12 NGN], it's still very unlikely any artiste in Nigeria will do 1 million copies in a week – Taylor Swift is the only one to sell 1 million plus copies in a week since 2012 (digital sales inclusive); and 1 million plus in total sales this year. Even the Justin Timberlakes, and Justin Beibers don't sell over a million [platinum] anymore – since the music industry/music piracy profoundly went digital.

Nigerian music practitioners do some very mgbekeish things... Beyoncé surprise released an album last year; now Wizkid, Flavor, and every-other-Harry is releasing a 'surprise' album. The biggest news in the last 2-weeks was the greatness of Taylor Swift doing over a million in a week, now Flavor does same. No original thought/marketing [hiss], maybe Eddy Remedy or Konga will come out of retirement, and do 1 million next month [psst].

I get where Brymo is coming from, he's simply concerned – he's got a 1st-hand taste of music industry BS, plus had issues with his former label – he disputed the distributor's claims, he didn't attack Flavor. So, people here should stop the attacks on his person, with the je-lo-si/hater jibes.

smiley

Bro, u mean the crass bigotry they're displaying. Many a posters throwing those jibes are actually non-yorubas.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mikkyboy10:
Brymo wey suppose dey play sango role for Yoruba films too dey talk...
Ode boy, world don know brymo , na who know you? think before you talk
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by colored(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
Don't be such a dumbass. You haven't heard of billboard - a company that tracks sales...? The western music industry is civilized unlike our industry where no one tracks record of anything
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by colored(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nuzo1:
Jay z sold over 5 million copies of his last album even before it was released.
When it has reached the retailers. eg if you buy an album on itunes your purchase would be counted as one of the sales of the album

Now, the question is when does it count that album copies have been sold? When the wholesalers sells to retailers or when retailers sell to consumers?

If the later is the case, then Flavour and Obaino are first class attention seekers but if the former is the case...then Brymo's bad bellism has no part 2.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
WarRLaY:
Ode boy, world don know brymo , na who know you? think before you talk
Didirin sha....Shay d main goal of a person is to be famous, abi to have a positive effect on ur society... Omo ofo sha...think b4 u talk...
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Theyjih: 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
2goodbobo:
Pls what is Brymo? down here in Jamaica Brymo :Pmeans jealousy. I'm schooling in Jamiaca

is ur School UWI?
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mikkyboy10:

Didirin sha....Shay d main goal of a person is to be famous, abi to have a positive effect on ur society... Omo ofo sha...think b4 u talk...
Oloribooruku, na which positive effect?
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mikkyboy10:

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
WarRLaY:
Eleribu, omo werey sha...go ask ur MAMA
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mikkyboy10:

Eleribu, omo werey sha...go ask ur MAMA
Demented fool, you need to grow up.. and stop hating
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
WarRLaY:
Demented fool, you need to grow up.. and stop hating
Upgrade d OS of ur brain b4 talking...
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mikkyboy10:

Upgrade d OS of ur brain b4 talking...
Dust
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nelrulez(m): 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
I couldn't stop myself from laughing when I saw it because right here in Lekki I see vendors hawking the album and I've not seen anyone bidding for it so how come he sold a million copies under 5days?
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Ishilove: 3:09am On Nov 22, 2014
shizzleStar:
Pls what is brymo? is it the name of local dog?

The same fool that couldn't get an album to his name for 4years?

Thesame iddiott that doesn't even know how to keep to an agreement he signed?

How does those nonsense he put up there on twitter stop obanio music from smiling to the bank?

How does it stop flavour from getting bigger and banging on young, fresh punnies almost at will and chics claiming him?

Bleeping ITK fvcktard
Lol. This is cold cheesy
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by LEAFLET(m): 8:09am On Nov 22, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

You know what, this is my perception about your tribe Igbo.

you people are like a slave that finally found freedom, then owns a house, then a car, as such you cannot help it being boastful.

Please come to 1004 VI and count the number of evogue in the estate. when people like us look at people like you we cannot help but pity you folks.

Envogue has been out since like late 2013, one Igbo girl finally got one and the rest of Nigeria will not rest.

Even ORITSA Femi just got one.

God there are many Yoruba/igbo/hausa/ijaw/iskeiri etc who you don't know that got that car before Linda now, Gosh in my office here, one of my partner drives 2014 range sport-go check the price.

I have many great igbo friends, the likes of you give the rest bad name.
Guy go F*CK yourself..Who know you..
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by jogerry: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2014
PAID MATCH DATING ACCOUNT FEMALE = $15
PAID MATCH DATING ACCOUNT MALE = $15
PAID CHEMISTRY DATING ACCOUNT = $10
PAID MATE 1 DATING ACCOUNT = $8
PAID ZOOSK DATING ACCOUNT = $12
ALIBABA ACCOUNT = $10
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $19K = $85
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $14K = $75
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $20K = $105
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $15K = $67
RDP USA .........................= $11
UPS ACCOUNT(GURANTEE SHIPPING) = $12
CPANEL( HACKED PANEL ) = $11
All logins working perfect
Add me up

kramankhan@yahoo.com
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Trueyarn(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
grin
seunwen2:
What is brymo? Sound strange to me from tokyo
Eyah...sorry o...this does'nt concern you...
grin
seunwen2:
What is brymo? Sound strange to me from tokyo
Eyah...sorry o...this does'nt concern you...

Brymo no mention flavour name o...!
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by xtervaganza(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2014
One million copies or one hundred copies, I don't think it's any of his business

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fans Blast Harrysong For Wearing Bathroom Slippers (photos) / Ini Edo Steps Out In Style / Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Linda Ikeji's Pregnancy Controversies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.