Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline (37681 Views)

The Economist On Naija Fuel Subsidies / Ghana Cuts Fuel Subsidies, Fuel Rises To N184 Per Litre / Okonjo-iweala Announces Fuel Subsidies Will Be Removed - GEJ Please Sack Her Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by zappyj(m): 7:53am On Nov 21, 2014
Shame on you GEJ!!! You have failed... When fuel price was increased to #90, I know the effect it had on Nigerians.

GEJ must go!!!

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2014
Not surprised .....
Anyways Shout out to all the Paid Trolls on NL ...
Keep trolling ! I see you!

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by paulshakur: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2014
amen
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by shadelek(m): 7:54am On Nov 21, 2014
OK
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2014
100Cents:

Then 2016..

And 2017......and so on.

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by slikcipher(m): 7:54am On Nov 21, 2014
GogetterMD:
There is nothing breaking about the news. Was expecting this as a new year gift from our generous Mr President, thanks to the ever falling price of crude oil and failure to curb the excesses of the subsidy thieves

Oga think but you talk its important.
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2014
Jonathan has failed Nigeria

check my signature

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by boman2014: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2014
na wha o!
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by hizaya61(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2014
Yeepa sp mogbe oooooooo, I go eat two sure today for golden chance lotto. Who fit give two sure make I play am with school fee

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2014
APContherun:
People who ask what the govt is doing about fighting corruption needs to understand that the best and sure way to do so is block all avenues that lead to corruption. Cutting fuel subsidy is a sure way to reduce corruption in that sector, it may hurt in the short run but eventually everything will balance out.
But as has been said the President must have to carry the labour unions and civil society organisations along in the implementation of this policy but I doubt the unions will see reasons for it and it will be 1st Jan 2012 all over again.
oh when the senate can't slash their salaries and allowances.... tell me the special job they are doing and when the president feed with 1 billion from government account.pls , see wait till next year and see craze. It won't be lie 2012

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2014
zappyj:
Shame on you GEJ!!! You have failed... When fuel price was increased to #90, I know the effect it had on Nigerians.

GEJ must go!!!

Well, PDP could have built more refineries....but even then, we are spending a lot of money subsidizing fuel.

FWIW.....the govt should invest more in public transport...especially railways....which is what part of the subsidy savings could be used for.

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by 9jii(m): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2014
THEY CAN'T SACRIFICE THEIR LUXURY FOR THE MASSES, I knew they will make us pay for this oil price fall. There are many areas to be cut without removing the so-called subsidy.

WHERE ARE THE PROMISES MADE WHEN REDUCED IT IN 2012 OF BUILDING REFINERIES, AND SO?

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by 100Cents: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2014
Nigeria is the way it is because we have oil and run a lazy govt and economy.

People sit down doing nothing and their names enter Forbes rich list for simply owning one oil well. I wish I had a plantation. I wish I had a transport company. I wish I had a factory.

That is the way forward for Nigerians..

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by 100Cents: 7:57am On Nov 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And 2017......and so on.

You know how far..
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by jokolly: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2014
We are watching ooo
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by DaBullIT(m): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2014
APContherun:

How do you curb the excesses of the subsidy thieves if not by removing the subsidy from which they feed fat?

Shey Na today yansh don dey back? It have tayed. What was he thinking before now ?

Technically , money might be scarce , some workers are still owed salaries , and you want common man to buy 120 naira fuel ? Dumbest move at the wrong time

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2014
APContherun:

How do you curb the excesses of the subsidy thieves if not by removing the subsidy from which they feed fat?
pease curb excesses by making refineries work , we don't have to wait for dangote.

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by BruzMoney(m): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:
Was expected

Thing is, we are wasting money on a bottomless pit called Fuel subsidy. It has been subject to a lot of abuse and stealing.

I guess the money saved can now be used for Power, Railways, and education as well as health.

Well Nigerians.....looks like the era of cheap fuel is over. And this is one PDP policy that I won't be criticizing......because, unfortunately, it is the right thing to do.

bushdoc9919:
Was expected

Thing is, we are wasting money on a bottomless pit called Fuel subsidy. It has been subject to a lot of abuse and stealing.

I guess the money saved can now be used for Power, Railways, and education as well as health.

Well Nigerians.....looks like the era of cheap fuel is over. And this is one PDP policy that I won't be criticizing......because, unfortunately, it is the right thing to do.

We are producing
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by kayustones: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2014
Up Jona, Let the fresh air continue... At least till 2015.
May God help us.

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by ionsman: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2014
they need all available finances for next year elections.
RUBBISH!!!

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by tomistelle(f): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2014
Plz who knows where Raleigh bicycles r being sold I cnt help but wonder wat am doing in dis country,mtchewwwww

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by basseyubong(m): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2014
Tell them say our eye don clear... Hit Like Button if You Oga Jona
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by hizaya61(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2014
zappyj:

GEJ must go!!!

Going to aso rock tomorrow, maybe u follow me and tell him all this, free flight for you. great Nigeria youth for life
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 21, 2014
APContherun:
People who ask what the govt is doing about fighting corruption needs to understand that the best and sure way to do so is block all avenues that lead to corruption. Cutting fuel subsidy is a sure way to reduce corruption in that sector, it may hurt in the short run but eventually everything will balance out.
But as has been said the President must have to carry the labour unions and civil society organisations along in the implementation of this policy but I doubt the unions will see reasons for it and it will be 1st Jan 2012 all over again.

yea right. What has happened since they partially removed the subsidy in 2012??

If the oil cabals don't steal the money, the politicians will. All birds of same feather

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by gen2briz(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2014
No problem, sebi all na transformation...... There was a country.
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2014
Whatever! Nigeria is a fvcked up country, subsidy or not. APC or pdp it's the same crop. So you guys should do whatever makes you happy. I don't care
Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 21, 2014
citizenisb:
Political Office holders consume up to 30% of our entire budget. They are the ones to make sacrifices and not us. Don't let them feed you with lies from a compromised press who they have got in their pockets.

They are also increasing VAT and all taxes too so as to impoverish us more
thank you.

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2014
Electricity bill is to increase in 2weeks time
Fuel price to increase too lipsrsealed

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by arsetalks(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2014
APContherun:
Sorry mate but this is pure nonsense.

Are you honestly saying the citizenry should pay for the inability of the government to punish those stealing the fuel subsidy money?

You and I and the government agree there is a lot of scam going on with the subsidy thing but why make people pay for the government's inability to bring to book the scamsters?

Or why hasn't no one been prosecuted all along?

Also, what exactly has the government done with the accruals from hike in pump price from 70 naira to 97 naira?

When oil prices was high in the world market, what exactly have they achieved from the extra? Remember when we have the benchmark price at $73 and oil was above $100? Where is the extra?

Why is the government not talking about reducing the bogus salaries government officials receives?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by allanphash7(m): 8:02am On Nov 21, 2014
I Can't wait 2 experince anodA NLC strike .my prayer be say make dis one be longer dan d former one.

#Nigeriajagajaga

Re: President Seeks To Cut Fuel Subsidies After Oil Decline by nnamdibig(m): 8:02am On Nov 21, 2014
Oil price is dropping in the international market and Nigeria who happens to be producing a large quantity of the oil the start paying more for it. What a country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital / 5 Aides To Obaseki Resign, Remain In APC (Full List) / Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream