Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference (50129 Views)

200 Reps Sign Impeachment Motion Against Jonathan / 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notice Against President Goodluck Jonathan / Breakingnews:oyo Lawmakers Sign Impeachment Notice On Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
proxillin:
Military should take over. We don't deserve democracy. We are lawless people

You are lawless and dont deserve democracy, please go live in Kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Watching on 5D.. .
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Watching on 5D..
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
What are these igbos looking for on nairaland? they have turned their villages to tourists center where they only visit for Christmas, weather you like it or not Jonathan is not from east, the drunkard is from Niger delta, you are going to wait for another 100 years before anybody from east can become a president of this country. Okrika sellers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by tecmon: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
I hereby move a motion for the impeachment of the impeachment process/signatures, grin
the ayes hit like!
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Bolurx(m): 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Asek1:
Just observing the polity all the way from here in Sri Lanka. Politics shouldn't be a do or die affair

A photo of you in Sri Lanka or shut the hell up!
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
MacluvPH:
Obasanjo violated all the rule of law,Decides on who becomes senate president and speaker even decides for PDP nobody said a word now Tambuwal issue is at hand then they are calling for Jonathan's impeachment.Hmmmm.Please it musnt be north always atleast seat of power need to rotate.Anyway Goodluck step up and do it right so that people would change their manner of blame towards u.

Were you in primary school then? Obasanjo was almost impeached during his first term in office. They sent jitters down his spine and he became restless.

Now we all know Jona.DAFT is 100% more clueless than Obasanjo so it might scale through with him.

3 Likes

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Very foooolish APC legisla- thugs! They think impeachment is by mouth. Let them dare and have Nigerians to contend with. Rubbish!
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by tecmon: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
adisasegun:
What are these igbos looking for on nairaland? they have turned their villages to tourists center where they only visit for Christmas, weather you like it or not Jonathan is not from east, the drunkard is from Niger delta, you are going to wait for another 100 years before anybody from east can become a president of this country. Okrika sellers
babalawo wetin concern you if he is SS or SE, pls go to Alaba and beg them to give you some to free okirika to change your dirty shitty babalwo rags grin

1 Like

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by alanbolo(m): 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
donpeey22:
Very foooolish APC legisla- thugs! They think impeachment is by mouth. Let them dare and have Nigerians to contend with. Rubbish!
When your people impeached the speaker in Ekiti , what say you? If 7 can be greater than 19 what stops 130 greater than 236 ?

1 Like

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Let operation kick out cluelessness/ corruption commence!
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by muiniz: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pls what's section 8 of the armed forces act? That's all I care about now and not political rascals.
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
alanbolo:

When your people impeached the speaker in Ekiti , what say you? If 7 can be greater than 19 what stops 130 greater than 236 ?
OK nau. Let them dare if they can.
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
tecmon:

babalawo wetin concern you if he is SS or SE, pls go to Alaba and beg them to give you some to free okirika to change your dirty shitty babalwo rags grin
Your father is a babalawo while your mother is a witch. Oloriburuku, omoale, oloshi, ko ni da fun e
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
myselfonly:
Chapter 6 (section:143).

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be
removed from office in accordance with the
provisions of this section.
(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing
signed by not less than one-third of the members
of the National Assembly:-
(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;
(b) stating that the holder of the office of
President or Vice-President is guilty of gross
misconduct in the performance of the functions of
his office, detailed particulars of which shall be
specified,
the President of the Senate shall within seven days
of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof
to be served on the holder of the office and on
each member of the National Assembly, and shall
also cause any statement made in reply to the
allegation by the holder of the office to be served
on each member of the National Assembly.
(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the
notice to the President of the Senate (whether or
not any statement was made by the holder of the
office in reply to the allegation contained in the
notice) each House of the National Assembly shall
resolve by motion without any debate whether or
not the allegation shall be investigated.
(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the
allegation be investigated shall not be declared as
having been passed, unless it is supported by the
votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all
the members of each House of the National
Assembly.
(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion
under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice
of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of
the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in
his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not
being members of any public service, legislative
house or political party, to investigate the
allegation as provide in this section.
(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being
investigated under this section shall have the right
to defend himself in person and be represented
before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own
choice.
(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -
(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in
accordance with such procedure as may be
prescribed by the National Assembly; and
(b) within three months of its appointment report
its findings to each House of the National Assembly.
( Where the Panel reports to each House of the
National Assembly that the allegation has not been
proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in
respect of the matter.
(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the
allegation against the holder of the office has been
proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of
the report at the House the National Assembly shall
consider the report, and if by a resolution of each
House of the National Assembly supported by not
less than two-thirds majority of all its members,
the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder
of the office shall stand removed from office as
from the date of the adoption of the report.
(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel
or of the National Assembly or any matter relating
thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any
court.
(11) In this section -
"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or
breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a
misconduct of such nature as amounts in the
opinion of the National Assembly to gross
misconduct.
http://www.nigeria-law.org/
ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#
FederalExecutive
12)itz impossible tho
Have always harbour the thought that GEJ want this country to divide
His people are earnestly agitating for biafra
If my thoughts holds water impeachment of GEJ might just be final nail in the coffin for another Niger Delta crisis to break out again
The militants of those days aint dead dey just lay down their arms
If at this moment another war should occur in any part of this country
This nation might become history
And with abysmal events we are witnessing 2015 won't be an easy 1
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Etosonc(m): 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
danjumakolo:

Now you are reasoning with us.
Obj is still the same pdp that have put us in these plethora of problems in the last 15years.
Everything seems not working for us because of corruption...
I swear if pdp can give us basic infrastructure like power,roads,hospitals,education and water.I don't mind them being in power for the next 30years
what i want u to know is dis, not trying to but hw posible do u think it`s.

come to think of it,dont u know dat half of APC Is stil the same bad eggs in PDP before now.dat means APC is even worst than those u label evil ok search dia Past record if u tel ur self d truth u wil reason with me

1 Like

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Theultimate(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
lonelydora:
Apostle Suleiman's prophecy comes to mind. Watching lawless lawmakers in 3D from Otuoke where I schooled.
what was that? What did he prophecise
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Greatomotoy: 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
lilprinze:
Mtchw ACP just like making noise 360 -130=
The last time I studied mathematics the
difference between 230 and 130 is 100
APC and their lawmakers should go and sit
down and stop making noise with just 130
signatures which is not even up to half of
the lawmakers.
the last time i checked, 7 pdp lawmakers impeached a Speaker in Ekiti, so 130>360(in pdp)
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
Tambuwal freely flouted the constitution because of his personal ambition. In saner climes, he would have voluntarily resigned his position as a member of the house since he switched party. He who was expected to uphold the constitution freely broke it. What moral justification does he then have to move for Jonathan's impeachment?

1 Like

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
ILIDEFI:
Tambuwal freely flouted the constitution because of his personal ambition. In saner climes, we would have voluntarily resigned his position as a member of the house since he switched party. He who was expected to uphold the constitution freely broke it. What moral justification does he then have to move for Jonathan's impeachment?
Go and tell Mimiko too to go and resign his position
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
Asek1:
Just observing the polity all the way from here in Sri Lanka. Politics shouldn't be a do or die affair

You're about to face the same situation over there where you're at. The Health Minister has quit the Ruling Party and has joined the opposition and will run against the President in the next elections.

Deceitful PDP in Nigeria tried to play as if situations like this are not common in the political world all over the globe.
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by pacifique(m): 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
mastercee:
I laugh in Japanese cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na so dem dey take impeach?

But wait oooo! I will actually be happy if this man can be impeached. Nothing good has ever come out of his government undecided

Myopic sight, thinking and reasoning mind? Why not look at the good aspects and support him.
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Bigcake: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
intergral:
hehehehehe tell me one reason why you like GEJ and what he has done for you that will make to die for him or kill for him (according to your comment).............. because right now you're a. moronnn but when you tell me I will drop you down to an idiotttt
those that dwell in glass houses do not throw stones. Never you play with a sleeping dog. If you try me i will tame you.
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by qreatrix: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
lonelydora:
Apostle Suleiman's prophecy comes to mind. Watching lawless lawmakers in 3D from Otuoke where I schooled.
What was his prophecy?
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by intergral(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bigcake:
those that dwell in glass houses do not throw stones. Never you play with me a sleeping dog. If you try me i will tame you.
you Should have told me Earlier that you're a Dog
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by swezenberg(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
We need a change. He turned the situation around when we were in this kind of mess during the Shagari regime, though not as pathetic as it is today. He can still reverse the situation and give us the Nigeria we want. We need to sweep away corrupted minds and souls come 2015

4 Likes

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by truthnaija: 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
ILIDEFI:
Tambuwal freely flouted the constitution because of his personal ambition. In saner climes, we would have voluntarily resigned his position as a member of the house since he switched party. He who was expected to uphold the constitution freely broke it. What moral justification does he then have to move for Jonathan's impeachment?
What did he flout you bunch of Nigerian hypocrites ,when mimiko did the same you all shouted welcome back home.
Tambuwal followed due process and until the court states otherwise he cannot be removed.the keyword in the constitution for any ground of defection is party division and merger. Read is statement at the floor on the day he defected.all the PDP needs to do is to ask the court to remove him while the prove that as at the material time there was no division in the party's sokoto structure simple .all this is just a waste of time.pls if you can't understand simple constitutional issues no need commenting
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by mastercee(m): 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
pacifique:

Myopic sight, thinking and reasoning mind? Why not look at the good aspects and support him.

Supporters club ni....... #BloodyPDPig

1 Like

Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
mastercee:
I laugh in Japanese cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na so dem dey take impeach?

But wait oooo! I will actually be happy if this man can be impeached. Nothing good has ever come out of his government undecided

Mumu talk. If light no improve for ur area it improved in mine. 2011 12mm was sold at N1550, now its N1200. 2011 cement was N1800 now its N1450. No go find work, keep waiting for GEJ to come and spoon feed u.
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Samgreguc(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
seunwen2:

1/3 is needed to remove the president for more info grab a copy of the nigerian 1999 constitution
Mine is in section 144 subsection 1a.... In which section is urs?
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by mastercee(m): 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
jcmaiah:

Mumu talk. If light no improve for ur area it improved in mine. 2011 12mm was sold at N1550, now its N1200. 2011 cement was N1800 now its N1450. No go find work, keep waiting for GEJ to come and spoon feed u.

Hoe K
Re: 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Attention to details very important.

did you hear the reason for movement, he clearly stated there was a faction in his party(PDP) in sokoto, during that period a reconciliation committee was being setup. I think it is left for the judiciary to decide if he acted in order or not. Since the constitution allows for movement across party in such event. not you! nor the executive. So when i hear people talk i just wonder.

Also no doubt PDP was the platform he used in coming into the house, it wasnt pdp dat made him speaker, as a matter of fact PDP never wanted him to be speaker, the SSS and police where lookin for him, days to the first meeting of the house, where the speaker was elected. He hid himsef and was smuggled in. For those who remember clearly he even dressed like a naija delta man to camouflage himself. PDP wasnt happy he became the speaker, they wanted mulikat adeola. So reason my friend.

The leadership of the house shd always be independent.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Exercise Crocodile Smile In Rivers, Army Kills 5 Militants & Arrest 23 / Emefiele Bowing Down For Samaila Isa Funtua, Buhari Cabal Member - Reno Omokri / Young Man Fell Off Speeding Train In Lagos This Morning - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.