Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? (9667 Views)

Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark / Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Abagworo(m): 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You have zero knowledge of anything pertaining this subject. The FG has given our Military and Defence establishment 100% support and has zero blame whatsoever.

Stop the sycophancy and brace up for the reality.

I have every necessary knowledge. The FG never took the Boko haram issue serious until tbe whole world forced them with "#bring back our girls". Up till today most of his known media aides still lie that nobody was abducted and still write on twitter that Boko Haram is politics sponsored by APC. How can you win terror war by lying and politicising it?

1 Like

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by kettykin: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
cjrane:

If a northern army officer illegally takes over power, no matter how temporary he says it will be, it will be over quickly for Nigeria. He cannot even quell the rebellion in the army, talk more around the country.

yes that was precisely what caused the first civil war , the military did a coup and seniority was by passed to make way a a Junior officer acceptable only to a section of the country to take over meanwhile the most senior officer of that time Gen Ogundipe shamelessly bailed out leaving his seat and office unceremoniously vacant for 10 years till 1976 when Murtala did a coup and brought Obasanjo to fill the gap.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by T8ksy(m): 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
kettykin:

yes that was precisely what caused the first civil war , the military did a coup and seniority was by passed to make way a a Junior officer acceptable only to a section of the country to take over meanwhile the most senior officer of that time Gen Ogundipe shamelessly bailed out leaving his seat and office unceremoniously vacant for 10 years till 1976 when Murtala did a coup and brought Obasanjo to fill the gap.

@ bolded.................So that was why ojukwu sent 3millions of you people to war with dane guns against a better
equipped and numerically superior army?

So that was why ojukwu invaded mid-west region and impose his fellow ibo brother on them as military administrator?

So that was why ojukwu was dropping bombs unto lagos before finally sending his rag-tag Biafran Liberation Front to occupy the city?

SMHFFJR-shake my head for juvenile revisionists.

1 Like

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by edo3(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You mean white collar civil servants in Military uniform who attended NDA and others who enrolled in the military to escape unemployment?

The possibility of MASSOB overthrowing South East States is higher than your so-called young officers in military uniform who have no passion nor capacity for war or revolution.
We don't av agile offfrs anymore,,al what we av now are peppersouping offrs dt sees clubs N mess as their houses and offices..believe me bro,,they are more engaged wt women than being regimental.. They can only flex muscles on harmless civilians..
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by kettykin: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
T8ksy:

@ bolded.................So that was why ojukwu sent 3millions of you people to war with dane guns against a better
equipped and numerically superior army?

So that was why ojukwu invaded mid-west region and impose his fellow ibo brother on them as military administrator?

So that was why ojukwu was dropping bombs unto lagos before finally sending his rag-tag Biafran Liberation Front to occupy the city?

SMHFFJR-shake my head for flatheaded juvenile revisionists.

If the order of seniority in succession was followed after the second coup just as it was followed after their first coup, there would not have been a breakdown of law and order which necessitated the killing of innocent igbo citizens in the north and other places which caused the widespread displacement and migration of igbos out of the very hostile spots in the North.

all through all the other coups that happened in Nigeria the order of seniority was followed strictly , you can check the first by Nzeogwu had Aguiyi Ironsi and third coup by the middle belt had murtala mohammed take over, fourth coup by the middle belt that failed had Obasanjo take over, fifth coup by the military had Buhari take over , the sixth coup by the same military had Babangida take over.

The only coup that had the most senior office not taking over was the july 1966 coup where Ogundipe was harassed o and fled the country
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Kagarko(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
OreMI22:

Say what you like and keep lying to yourself.
I am not talking about any PDP arrangement which Atiku had said did not exist when he was in the party.

The 1995 Constitutional conference proposed the rotation of power amongst the 6 political zones enshrined in our constitution. Abacha liked the idea, but northerners said NO! Abacha even wanted to have it rotate just between the north and south for 30 years, the northerners still said NO!

This country will not allow those that see other peoples land as slave territories to reign over us again. Let Nigeria breakup! Violently if it must!

People like me waned Nigeria's break up.

you say after break up we will suffer. We want to see how we are going to suffer. Its either we suffering the break up or you suffering from it.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Osakah24(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
kettykin:
The possibility and likelihood of a war should not be limited to the on goings in the political circles as we are talking here there exist large caches of ammunition in the hands of private armies like the Boko Haram for the North east, Fulani herdsmen for the North west ,Mend for the Niger Delta, OPC for the south west (who by the way displayed their weapons in the most brazen manner some months ago against Boko haram but has never fired a shot even after boko haram bombed Apapa ) .

The only people who i don't really know how prepared they are , the middle belt and the war weary igbo people in south east and Niger delta.
Any body postulating that the army will take over should remember how the army has been cut to size by boko haram in the North east and fulani herdsmen.

Personally i think the confusion and chaos that might greet the announcements of the 2015 Election will result will first trigger incisive careless statements from APC chieftains who would urge their people to go on mass action .

The mass action will be quelled by soldiers which will make the APC followers to go the Egyptian mass action and occupation model in Lagos and Kano crippling economic activities and businesses. This is where i urge my igbo brothers in Lagos and Kano to take utmost caution and avoid getting into direct confrontation with frustrated APC fans and area boys.

Resulting Attacks by APC fans will trigger brutal counter attacks by soldiers and policemen which would lead to outcries , public outburst and a possible state of Emergency with arrest of key opposition figures that would be opposed by the mass of APC fans who would be openly calling for the military to step in and restore order like the did in Egypt.

2 things might likely follow.

The president stepping aside as a result of the pressure by world powers (EU, US etc) and handing over to the senate president
The military body announcing a temporary assumption of office to enforce peace

When the above 2 happens then what follows can best be described and not experienced.
it would be simply turning the country over to be governed by a combination of supporter of APC militia, boko haram, fulani herdsmen ,OPC with massive oil bunkerings going on uncontrolled by asari , tompolo and their boys , this would be the beginning of reallignment of powers and the start of the second Nigerian Civil war.

let him that has ears hear and take utmost caution , this is for the igbo business men in the volatile cities of the North and in Lagos
Lagos is not volatile. No one will kill himself for politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by BlackTechnology: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
The way GEJ will be treated after his victory will determine the fate of Nigeria.

If the North and SW insist on holding unto power, Nigeria will cease to exist

Unfortunately, SW will be worst off in their new nation called Odua.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Unfortunately, SW will be worst off in their new nation called Odua.
Is that reason why your flatheaded y1bo brothers were crying like spoilt brat when Governor Babatunde Ifasola deported them back to y1boland?

Is that the reason why Ekene Dili Chukwu, Ifesinachi, Chisco etc keep transporting your displaced y1bo relatives into the SW in their thousands?

When are you all finally going to go back to Biafra?

5 Likes

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by BlackTechnology: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Is that reason why your flatheaded y1bo brothers were crying like spoilt brat when Governor Babatunde Ifasola deported them back to y1boland?
Is that the reason why Ekene Dili Chukwu, Ifesinachi, Chisco etc keep transporting your displaced y1bo relatives into the SW in their thousands?

Don't forget Lagos was built with federal money and not cocoa money.

So we have a stake in Lagos. grin
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by BlackTechnology: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:

So we have a stake in Lagos. cheesy
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
BlackTechnology:

So we have a stake in Lagos. grin
Motherfvcker
The federal government also bult federal roads in the east

the federal governemnt also built federal schools in the east

the federal governemnt also built federal hospitals in the east

the federal government also built federal airport in the east

the only stake you have is inside the jungles of abakaliki and thats were you are going back to

7 Likes

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by smallJagaban: 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
BlackTechnology:

So we have a stake in Lagos. cheesy

WHICH STAKE? INSTEAD OF LOOKING TO SEE HOW YOUR REGION WILL BE BETTER, YOU ARE BUSY EYING FOR LAGOS..

1 Like

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by smallJagaban: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
cjrane:

That won't be a bad idea as long as you will get zero oil money which is the cornerstone idea of dividing Nigeria grin. You better start planting groundnuts and millet now. Lets see how you can sustain your London being as lazy as you are. Thoughtless folks. grin

HARDWORKING EBO THAT HAS NOT BUILT THEIR OWN LONDON FROM OIL MONEY SINCE 1960...

EBO DOESN'T HAS ANY STAKE IN LAGOS

5 Likes

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by omoreminder2: 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

The issue is not a military takeover but the ethnic group the military leader wil come from.If you think your APC janja.weed will be happy if gen minimah takes over you are in for a rude shoock.All the gambaris want is for power to be returned to the and whether it is through a coup,war or election.The present composition of the army will not allow for a successful coup as the army will be divided along ethnic and religious lines in event of a coup

Best comment so far......
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by knowledgeable: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
OreMI22:
A war is necessary to address the born to rule mentality of the north.It's either Nigeria is a fair country or it should break up.
In 1995, Abacha wanted a system of power rotation among the 6 regions, but the north said NO!

Now they are threatening war if they don't get power. So be it.

That's absolutely right. If you don't address the born to rule mentality, you can never address "fulani herdsmen killing and burning", nor can you address extreme corruption from hausa/fulani who take this corruption as offensive war against Nigerian infidels. ...........Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by shineeye: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
LAGOS is one of the state that benefited largely from niger delta oil money have manage to curtail hunger stomach infrastructure in that region SouthW, once you can distribute a trailer full of rice you def win any election in that region..... grin
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by orimsamsam(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nigeria can only stand if a free and transparent election is conducted. But free and fair election is an enemy of the pdp
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You mean white collar civil servants in Military uniform who attended NDA and others who enrolled in the military to escape unemployment?

The possibility of MASSOB overthrowing South East States is higher than your so-called young officers in military uniform who have no passion nor capacity for war or revolution.
If i wrote this, they will call me bokoharam sympathiser, anyway i don't agree with you.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Truckpusher(m): 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
Blah blah blah blah..........
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Orunto: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Asari Dokubo said to the hearing of the deaf and dumb that if jonathan no win, there will be no nigeria. is that a patriotic statement? No! It is a statement caused by innocent frustration that is of less gravity than the Igbos openly advertising for the republic of Biafra. The case of Ameechi is a fraudulent misrepresentation, incitement to anarchy and a gross treasonale misdemeanour. It is thesame as GMB threatening to make the Country ungovernable if GEJ is not voted out and he manipulated to replace him. You do not force electorates to vote for you, you present your manifesto. But when you start threatening that you will kill them all if they do not vote for you, you are recklessly and fraudulently harrassing them. ALL APC TOP TALKERS SEEM VERY RECKLESS IN TALKING. THEY TAIK TO SHOW KNOWLEDGE OF BOKOHARAM AND THAT WE AIN'T SEE NOTHING YET OF THE DEVASTATION THAT BOKOHARAM WILL CAUSE IN NIGERIA IF GMB IS NOT ELECTED. IGP should be more serious with these politicians before they murder us all.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

I laugh. Was Biafran Zionist Movement, a group like MASSOB in the South East, able to take an ordinary radio station?
they should taken lessons from Soyinka.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
Can we tone down this tribal assault, i hate it when fine threads like this is reduce to my slum is better than yours.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
Arch1:
Why are you bringing General Sani Abacha's military Junta to the discuss?

We are in the fourth republic and it is on record that Goodluck Jonathan was the one that reneged on the Zoning agreement of his party when he assumed the presidency after the demise of Umar Yar'adua; a position that had been exclusivley zoned to the North giving the fact that Obasanjo, a southerner previuosly served for eight years.

If you want to talk about the past and Abacha's regime, i can also help you stretch it further and talk about how igbo coup plotters truncated our democracy in the first republic by killing leaders from other regions whilst sparing theirs
why did buhari contest against obasanjo?
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Arch1: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
why did buhari contest against obasanjo?
General Mohammodu Buhari contested against Chief Olusegun Obasanjo under the platform of ANPP. The zoning arrangement was a PDP affair.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
Arch1:
General Mohammodu Buhari contested against Chief Olusegun Obasanjo under the platform of ANPP. The zoning arrangement was a PDP affair.
then allow pdp to handle their issues the way they deem fit..ABU CHOP abu's money
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Chidozieude: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Malawian:

borno, yobe and adamawa are still part of nigeria, i does not stop me from meeting my yoruba chic on sunday. tongue tongue

Ekene so you have a Yoruba chic? marry here and we can grant you asylum in Lagos so u can carry on with your cafe

6 Likes

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Malawian(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
Chidozieude:

Ekene so you have a Yoruba chic? marry here and we can grant you asylum in Lagos so u can carry on with your cafe
ode. go back to your ogbomosho cave.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by nikky5(m): 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
The fact remains that Good luck must not win and Buhari must not lose.Remember that he took loan to purchase the form and this is last time to contest. War looms. The nor th will vote massively for oga buhari likewise the southwest.

1 Like

Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by OreMI22: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
cjrane:

That won't be a bad idea as long as you will get zero oil money which is the cornerstone idea of dividing Nigeria grin. You better start planting groundnuts and millet now. Lets see how you can sustain your London being as lazy as you are. Thoughtless folks. grin

@bolded,
That is they only reason they are still in Nigeria with the south.
Let the oil finish and you will hear of the novel called "there was a country called Nigeria"
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by ayukdaboss(m): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Obiagelli:

If i wrote this, they will call me bokoharam sympathiser, anyway i don't agree with you.
Don't mind the miscreants.
Re: Are We Headed For Another Civil War In 2015? by Chidozieude: 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
Malawian:

ode. go back to your ogbomosho cave.

this is d problem with u hiboes. I gave u a very good idea and u are abusing me

dominic take time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Sell Your Votes For Money That Won't Last More Than A Day - Sowore / Nigerians Gamble N1.8 Trillion Annually – Stakeholders / Buhari Ends DSTV Exclusive Rights On EPL Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.