Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections (2435 Views)

MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - How Is Your Area? / MASSOB Sit-At-Home Order In Anambra - Live Updates / MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by aenero(m): 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
I sit down in the corner of my room sometimes and think if it will be possible if nigerians can just co-operate for once and stay at home during the general elections and let Jonathan and Buhari decide whoever they want to put on the seat. Since we have rip the dividends of democracy since 1999,I see no reason why we should keep voting for politicians that don't even care about us and fail woefully at the end... Believe this are times we need FELA,cos he is the only one that could make Nigerians see reason... As for me o,I jus did the voter card but I'd die if I ever vote..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Lurcky(m): 10:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
GEJ cares man, the only thing he needs is support, which he is not getting in full and that's bad.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by bumait(f): 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
i think that will be a way of saying we are tired of false and empty promises they tell us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by EbubeOnoh(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
Na who go see me that day. I go just dey my house they watch am for MY TV with a bottle of GULDER .Make GEJ & BUHARI stuggle for the seat. Me no care@all

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by joywendy(f): 12:32am On Nov 22, 2014
keep dreaming....
aenero:
I sit down in the corner of my room sometimes and think if it will be possible if nigerians can just co-operate for once and stay at home during the general elections and let Jonathan and Buhari decide whoever they want to put on the seat. Since we have rip the dividends of democracy since 1999,I see no reason why we should keep voting for politicians that don't even care about us and fail woefully at the end... Believe this are times we need FELA,cos he is the only one that could make Nigerians see reason... As for me o,I jus did the voter card but I'd die if I ever vote..

if you didn't want to vote why did you collect the voters card?

who are you deceiving here? undecided

you may as well burn it.

so you have to wait for someone like fela to talk some sense to Nigerians?

can't you think of something yourself?

This is one of the problem in this country we always depend on others to help us solve our own problems.

instead of finding a solution or think of ways we can move ahead.

in the concept of talking some sense into Nigerians though it would take some kind of reorientation, change of mind and drastic experience for such to happen. Not any fela.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by JEITO: 1:55am On Nov 22, 2014
I WILL VOTE

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by ladi02(m): 2:19am On Nov 22, 2014
Please go out and VOTE!

so we dont end up like EKITI State and only the people that have collected rice will vote who will lead us for 4yrs.

Even if you dont wait to defend your VOTE by waiting for it to be counted, please go out and vote

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by greatgod2012(f): 3:29am On Nov 22, 2014
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm!
I haven't decided who to vote for between GEJ and GMB.
I'm afraid if GEJ is re-elected, terrorism might be more intense, thereby, making innocent souls to be losing their lives.
I'm also afraid if GMB is elected, he might islamise the country. Another fear i have about GMB is that, he seems to be bitter and revengeful, if he's elected, he might be using all the time he's suppose to use to perform and prove his opposition wrong to winch-hunt his oppositions and past political office holders.

I may not vote on the election day.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by megabyte2(f): 3:58am On Nov 22, 2014
I will vote
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by egift(m): 4:16am On Nov 22, 2014
Advise from the Pit of Hell. Everyone collect your cards and go out and vote candidates of your choice. When you sit at home, Jonathan and his agents will just add used ballots to that of their candidate. That is how you get 80% to 99% votes on the INEC register.

Those that do not vote, elect bad politicians as leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Rexnegro(m): 4:46am On Nov 22, 2014
aenero:
Me didn't even register talkless to have the card or to vote. I have said it to myself that until I can just walk into a supermarket and vote then I can consider myself voting. Mr op, me too wish we can corporate and don't come out to vote. E for too nice

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by aenero(m): 6:51am On Nov 22, 2014
Lurcky:
GEJ cares man, the only thing he needs is support, which he is not getting in full and that's bad.
no brov,those politicians don't care... U don't need anyone to tell u anymore
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by aenero(m): 6:57am On Nov 22, 2014
joywendy:
keep dreaming....

if you didn't want to vote why did you collect the voters card?

who are you deceiving here? undecided

you may as well burn it.

so you have to wait for someone like fela to talk some sense to Nigerians?

can't you think of something yourself?

This is one of the problem in this country we always depend on others to help us solve our own problems.

instead of finding a solution or think of ways we can move ahead.

in the concept of talking some sense into Nigerians though it would take some kind of reorientation, change of mind and drastic experience for such to happen. Not any fela.

you maybe right right tho.but seems u don't get to understand the only language we nigerians get is violence and not all of us can be... You going to a TV station to make a pronouncement like this,people will jus think that maybe he is hungry and is looking for cheap fame too. And mind you,I only use my Voters card for bank purposes alone and might as well burn it today
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by aenero(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Rexnegro:

Me didn't even register talkless to have the card or to vote. I have said it to myself that until I can just walk into a supermarket and vote then I can consider myself voting. Mr op, me too wish we can corporate and don't come out to vote. E for too nice
I tell u man,that would have been better.politicians take us for a fool in this part of the world
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by aenero(m): 7:06am On Nov 22, 2014
greatgod2012:
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm!
I'm afraid if GEJ is re-elected, terrorism might be more intense, thereby, making innocent souls to be losing their lives.
I'm also afraid if GMB is elected, he might islamise the country. Another fear i have about GMB is that, he seems to be bitter and revengeful, if he's elected, he might be using all the time he's suppose to use to perform and prove his opposition wrong to winch-hunt his oppositions and past political office holders.

would have love for GMB to rule this country but it's that islamization aspect I detest about him and GEJ on the other hand is just too soft but feel he might change his way in the 2nd term and put this evil people in their places of which I doubt... Nigerians still haven't had a candidate yet
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 22, 2014
it is better not to register at all than to register and not vote! Because the politicians will fight over unused ballot papers on the election day, which registered but not voting citizens might have left for them!
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Rexnegro(m): 7:38am On Nov 22, 2014
aenero:
I tell u man,that would have been better.politicians take us for a fool in this part of the world
Exactly bro...one day dey come sha when monkey won't return from the market
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by johnmartus(m): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2014
aenero:
would have love for GMB to rule this country but it's that islamization aspect I detest about him and GEJ on the other hand is just too soft but feel he might change his way in the 2nd term and put this evil people in their places of which I doubt... Nigerians still haven't had a candidate yet
why you people reason like robot wasn't the same buhari that govern nigeria about 32 years ago that you people is talking about, that if elected he will islamise nigeria? buhari have absolute power to islamise nigeria during his reign in 1983 but he do not make any attempt by do so talk on when he eventually elected as constitutional president
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by DollyParton1(f): 8:09am On Nov 22, 2014
greatgod2012:
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm!

my sentiments exactly. I wish we had better candidates.
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by DollyParton1(f): 8:10am On Nov 22, 2014
johnmartus:
why you people reason like robot wasn't the same buhari that govern nigeria about 32 years ago that you people is talking about, that if elected he will islamise nigeria? buhari have absolute power to islamise nigeria during his reign in 1983 but he do not make any attempt by do so talk on when he eventually elected as constitutional president
32years ago is different from now.
32 years ago, there was no Boko Haram
32 years ago there was no sharia law practicing states.
32years ago there was no such great urge/awareness of Islamist taking over the world.
Right now there is a time bomb. Everything is unbalanced a small tip can send the whole thing tumbling.
Wether Jonathan or Buhari get elected, we will be singing same songs in years to come.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by lwise(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2014
I'm so happy seeing a topic like this, they are just playing with our intelligence, we are not ready to fight for any stupid politician. I will rather sit at home rather than cast my vote when I know deep within me I know it won't count.
Brb

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2014
greatgod2012:
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm!

Buhari didn't islamize Nigeria when he was military head of state, how will do it as civilian?

Btw what does islamize mean self? Turn every Christian to muslim? Does that make any sense?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2014
DollyParton1:

32years ago there was no such great urge/awareness of Islamist taking over the world.
Right now there is a time bomb. Everything is unbalanced a small tip can send the whole thing tumbling.
Wether Jonathan or Buhari get elected, we will be singing same songs in years to come.

32 years ago there was Maitatsine just as deadly as bokoharam

There have always been sharia law in Nigeria

32 years ago there were criminals trying to take over the world too.
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by luvmijeje(f): 11:27am On Nov 22, 2014
Who told you that sitting at home is the best option? You and those supporting your foolish opinion are the problem of this country.

Funnily enough we are all going to bear the burnt of your foolish action or inaction.

When Jonathan increase the price of fuel, didn't it affect everybody?

Op, do go out and vote. Defend it because it matters.
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Orunto: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2014
If Nigerians sit at home, and that includes the Military and the security, and leave only GEJ and GMB to fight it out, there will be no Nigeria after the fight of the two. One is a humble academician and the other a guerrilla soldier, you can predict the result.
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by zlatansomto(m): 11:41am On Nov 22, 2014
ladi02:
Please go out and VOTE!

so we dont end up like EKITI State and only the people that have collected rice will vote who will lead us for 4yrs.

Even if you dont wait to defend your VOTE by waiting for it to be counted, please go out and vote
Please don't blame the good people of Ekiti state,. The poverty level over there is alarming..
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by NwaTeacher1: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2014
Op, you tried. Our youths should ask this; after using you for election what next? This so politicians are wicked and heartless. Gej is soft minded only that he is surrounded by heartless Ministers, SAs and PAs. Buhari..... I fear because wickedness is all over him. That man is something else and hasn't told us why he want to rule. I heard he is been sponsored by Arab countries to reclaim Nigeria for Islam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by DollyParton1(f): 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

32 years ago there was Maitatsine just as deadly as bokoharam

There have always been sharia law in Nigeria

32 years ago there were criminals trying to take over the world too.
Ok.
One of the Buhari disciples.
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
DollyParton1:

Ok.
One of the Buhari disciples.
Does not change the facts. Proud one at that.
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
aenero:
Everyone keeps saying Buhari will islamize Nigeria. You see the extent PDP has totally brainwashed Nigerians?
Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Johnnyessence(m): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nigerians are not staying at home we are voting out Gej and his team of clueless people out from d government house.we are tired of Gej led government we are tired of corruption we need change and d change is here .by d special grace of God d will of God and d will of d masses will prevail we are not going back on our words change is here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Sit At Home During The 2015 Elections by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
DollyParton1:

How old are you and do you live in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scanty Crowd At Delta PDP Presidential Rally? / Picture Of PDP And APC After Six Weeks Of Election Postponement / FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.