Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE (811 Views)

Photos: I Will Never Stop Dreaming Nigeria / I Can't Stop Dreaming About Her. Any Hope? / I'm Always Dreaming Of Sleeping With These Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
It has always been my dream to someday fall in love and get married to a wonderful woman. But these days, a new truth scares me: marriage by nature destroys love.

How did I discover this? Research and commonsense. Since I became mature as a growing kid, I studied great relatnships coz my divorced parents whose youthful pictures showed them madly in love, failed in their marriage. Hence I thought I could build a better home, but here s what I discovered and it might shock you:

When u re single and in love, u & ur partner dont owe eachother so much xpectations. It s easy to be independent and feel free of responsibilities. But once u re 4eva married off to that same person, it s like a new job: first u have so much good xpectations, then time passes & not all ur xpectations come to pass & u begin to see d other side of d job. Soon u re frustrated but you must keep showing up everyday & you must play your role. Marriage brings pressure. So my advice? If you re not mature in mind, dont marry yet. Love is not enough.
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by asandigbo(f): 12:06am On Nov 22, 2014
I think you just discovered the fun of marriage
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by ERCROSS(m): 12:10am On Nov 22, 2014
I don't get ur point..

Can u xplain more clearly..?
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 22, 2014
asandigbo:
I think you just discovered the fun of marriage

Lol. Trust me. It s not funny at all.
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by Waspy(m): 12:31am On Nov 22, 2014
undecided undecided undecided Op is posting, just for that sake undecided

1 Like

Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 22, 2014
Nyc one oo

1 Like

Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 22, 2014
Waspy:
undecided undecided undecided Op is posting, just for that sake undecided

Just sharing what came to my mind buddy. Or are u also scared of marriage? smiley
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by Truckpusher(m): 3:15am On Nov 22, 2014
Op has a point though ,that doesn't still change the fact that those points are for kids to follow. cheesy
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by RaeMystix: 3:27am On Nov 22, 2014
I concur; Marriage isn't a thing for one to rush into...One has to be fully matured and mentally ready to take the responsibilities that comes along with it.
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2014
U've made ur point for the KIDs:...if u r NOT married, u can comment but can't advise on marital issues.

U can't be a professional in what u haven't practiced!!

There is no too much deal abt marriage apart from having (a) wife(s) and maybe kids to add to ur pressure/pleasure.
Re: Stop Dreaming of Getting Married! STRONG REASON INSIDE by major466(m): 9:21am On Nov 22, 2014
@Op the problem rocking marriages today is the result of a fictional emotion call Infatuation currently used as Foundation in marriages today. Alot of people who claim to be in love are actually going through Infatuation.
Artificial love or Infatuation thrives in a world were the partner is seen as Perfect, Faultless and without any issues as far as relationships is concerned. This perception is Fiction.
The problem with this perception is that it sort of IDOLIZE the person you're involved with. It makes you think the person you're in love with is PERFECT and INFALLIBLE and so will never DISAPOINT or HURT you. The moment you are in that state, artificial emotions will begin to build up. It will cloud your REASON. You start worshipping the person like some kind of DEMI GOD. Emotions building up in you will make you do anything. You will go the extra length and do weird stuff, all for your partner because you believed she is the IMAGE you build around her person. This kind of relationship only thrive in romantic novels. Romantic novels makes you create the FICTIONAL IMAGE that ones you find the love of your life, all will be perfect, you will get married and live happily ever after without any problem...
... But as soon as you get married and started living the REAL LIVE, the demi god (your wife) whom you worshipped and see as the PERFECT WOMAN, will start displaying her HUMAN NATURE. Her IMPERFECTION will become very VISIBLE. Your eyes will open up to reality. Questions and more questions will start flooding your mind. Is She really the one? As soon as you realize your partner is not the perfect idol you thought she was in the beginning, you will be in deep hurt. You will feel so betrayed. It can make one go crazy. Your love (Infatuation) for her will immediately start declining. You will begin to wonder how on earth you fell in love with her in the first place (See where the expression: Love is Blind came from. It's Infatuation not Love. Infatuation is blind). At this point, your feelings for your partner will take a downward trend. If both of you are not careful, your marriage might collapse.
This is what happens when marriages are built on artificial foundation (Information or fictional love).
Rise up to reality. No one is perfect. Do not IDOLIZE or portray an image of PERFECTION on your partner no matter how nice or beautiful she is. We are all human beings. We are not perfect.
The key is to accept and like your partner the way he/she is with the realization that he/she is as IMPERFECT as you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Her Motive? / Pls: / Ladies, Would You Stay In The Marriage If You Found This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.