Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? (4351 Views)

Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? / Lady Asking Me To Assist Her Make Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by KingTom(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mprex:

awwwwww! Sorry sweetie. I missed you like craywink
Like Crayfish? grin grin grin
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Mprex(f): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
KingTom:

Like Crayfish? grin grin grin
like stockfishtongue
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by KingTom(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mprex:

like stockfishtongue
Oh so you miss my rugged edges and unique scent grin grin grin
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Mprex(f): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
KingTom:

Oh so you miss my rugged edges and unique scent grin grin grin
who missed you in the first placetongue
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Burger01(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jennydoris:

Am not hating you because everybody has his/her understanding towards some issues. And you can call bride pride extortion, that's the way u see it. Bride price does not ascertain how the marriage will be like or whether the wife will be faithful or not. What am saying is that it's a traditional thing which is expected of any man that wants to take home a woman as his wife. Bride price does not guarantee a succeful marriage just as elaborate wedding won't. Since its a tradition that must be carried out which is expected of every man then why can't the man. He is not just doing it for the woman but for himself too. When u can't pay the bride price of the woman you're living with or you want to live with I wonder how you want people especially your age mate to see you. They will assume that you're a not upto the task. An age mate of yours can easily shut you up when a meeting is going, so many people will take you for granted and disrespect you because to them you are not a man yet because you failed to the necessary. Repect they say is reciprocal. Even sometimes the family of the woman can insult you. So to keep your diginity and prestige as a man you have to do what is expected of you. If you think that paying of bride price will determine how happy your marriage will be then am sorry to say that such a man that habours such thought is not yet ready for marriage. It's only the couples understanding, their level of maturity, the love that they have for each other and the grace of God that determines how happy the marriage will be.
OK.
But, what do you say to Yorubas that don't attach much values to bride pride? Does that mean a man is less responsible and a subject of ridicule amongst his mates?
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by KingTom(m): 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mprex:

who missed you in the first placetongue
Shakara girl. You just don't want to admit you missed me! But I missed you sha grin grin grin
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Jennydoris(f): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
Burger01:

OK.
But, what do you say to Yorubas that don't attach much values to bride pride? Does that mean a man is less responsible and a subject of ridicule amongst his mates?

Well different tradition for different people. In my place when a guy pays for the woman's bride price the parents of the bride will return part of the money to the man and his family telling them that they are not selling their daughter but giving her out to him to help them in taking care of her.
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Burger01(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jennydoris:

Well different tradition for different people. In my place when a guy pays for the woman's bride price the parents of the bride will return part of the money to the man and his family telling them that they are not selling their daughter but giving her out to him to help them in taking care of her.
OK. that's good. At least they still get to return part of the money. But some people.... NO WAY!
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Burger01(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Juicypunny:
BIG DICK IS YUMMY, SATISFYING AND FILLING.

I LOVE IT NOT LESS THAN 7INCH.

LADIES, SHARE YOUR PREFERENCE. smiley
I think you missed road..
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Mprex(f): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
KingTom:

Shakara girl. You just don't want to admit you missed me! But I missed you sha grin grin grin
*shakes her lil bottom*

shakara indeed!tongue
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Adaeze003(f): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
I think this bride price of a thing should be put to rest(ie die!). Some traditions suck...

That said, it's less than 10k but the list is the main ish...
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by KingTom(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mprex:

*shakes her lil bottom*

shakara indeed!tongue
Hmmmmmmm ****Observing the shaking from my seat****
grin grin grin
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by Mprex(f): 2:50am On Nov 24, 2014
KingTom:

Hmmmmmmm ****Observing the shaking from my seat****
grin grin grin
tarh! Go away
Re: Should A Woman Assist Her Fiancé In Paying The Bride Price? by KingTom(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2014
Mprex:

tarh! Go away
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

At What Age Should Father Stop Bathing Their Daughters? / Why Are Slim Men Ugly? / How Most Girls Now Hasten Their Guys Into Marriage...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.