Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each (3615 Views)

Edo 2016: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Ogiemwonyi Tells APC Delegates / 2015: Jitters In ‘core’ North Over Mark • Ex-vp Atiku Woos S/west PDP / Is Goodluck Jonathan Bribing PDP Delegates With FG Funds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by lekanolas: 6:33am On Nov 23, 2014
Even before the commencement of the presidential primaries of the opposition party All Progressives Congress (APC), former vice president Abubakar Atiku has splashed about N16.4million on Katsina APC, that included N50,000 each to the state’s 208 delegates.

Atiku, who is one of the frontline presidential aspirants of the APC, gave the money on Saturday when he visited Katsina State to lobby delegates preparatory to the party’s presidential primary election.

Speaking at the Katsina State APC Secretariat, Atiku said he viewed the APC in Katsina State as an orphan, because the party is not in government. He then announced the donation of N5 million to the state secretariat, N1 million to the elders of the party, and N50,000 each to the 208 delegates.

“APC in Katsina Sstate is an orphan. I said this because it is not in government. I have seen the condition of the secretariat; so in my capacity as one of the elders of the party, I give the party secretariat N5 million, the elders N1 million and the delegates N50,000 each,”

He added that he was confident of winning the primary election, while stressing that “the time for consensus has gone, because it is too late for the process of consensus”, adding that the best thing for the party was to go for the primaries.

In a short speech, the Katsina State APC chairman, Dr Mustapha Muhammad Inuwa, extolled the virtues of the former vice president and said “Nigeria needs the likes of Atiku”.

http://www.newsday.com.ng/atiku-woos-delegates-apc-with-n50000-each/

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by mrvitalis(m): 6:42am On Nov 23, 2014
Atiku......i like all ur strategies till this one..bro this have damaged ur already growing good image .....am sorry sir ..this is poor from u
Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by pelvicky(m): 6:43am On Nov 23, 2014
I know Atiku will win this primary...bt its unfortunate some fools on nairaland will be screaming Gmb.

When GMB decamp to another party..properly SDP..what will u say abt APC??...it will be like th
is

APC GOVERNORS ARE CORRUPT by barcan.ista

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by seunlayi(m): 6:49am On Nov 23, 2014
where is the difference between APC and PDP

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by mperoakeem(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2014
i dont like dis man 4 anytin... Buhari or burst!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by donmalcolm21(m): 6:52am On Nov 23, 2014
I see GMB getting another loan to also woo delegates

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by JulianBond007: 6:57am On Nov 23, 2014
Atiku got all it takes to be the next Nigerian president. Old retired military men like Buhari should give way for younger ones because he has nothing to offer.

Atiku for president 2015!

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by otokx(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2014
I prefer Atiku to Buhari

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by egift(m): 7:05am On Nov 23, 2014
If you believe this Blog post, you can believe anything. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by donphilopus: 7:08am On Nov 23, 2014
All these PDP guys are just trying everything humanly possible to let Atiku clinch the APC Ticket, but it ain't possible.

Like my Senator used to tell us "If you're given any cash by any aspirant/candidate, collect it from him/her and say 'Thank you', when the day of the election reaches, you cast your vote for your preferred aspirant/candidate." You won't expect them to reject money from Atiku, if he truly gave them anything, but on the day of the primaries, they cast their vote for their preferred Candidate [Buhari]!

Ikimi did more than this when he was contesting APC National Chairmanship, but at the end he knew what befell him!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Firefire(m): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2014
[size=20pt]APC the so called Progressive in a Case of Bribery [/size]

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Johnnyessence(m): 7:12am On Nov 23, 2014
leadership newspaper av carry it too atiku is helping d katsina APC Cos' d party in katsina state is an orphan forget oooo no amount of bribe of delegates participating in d oncoming primary election will stop them from voting d people's general as d sole candidate for Presidential election in Feb 14 2015 poll atiku is just wooing a lot of people to join him niii ooooo d world knows that GMB is winning d clueless President we av in government house .GMB is winning Gej with 60% against Gej 40% people will come enmass to vote personality not party and GMB is d people's choice no matter is age people are spreading about .GMB is d Mandela of our times and will win convincely this time .all d APC governors is supporting Buhari.
Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by lwise(m): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2014
I prefer Atiku any day any time.

He is not a religion fanatic,Atiku is the person the cap fits. Not that old bigot wearing suit when we know that he will prefer wearing turban when he enters aso rock.
If Atiku become the APC flag bearer, I will vote for him.
Sai Turakin Adamawa.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Johnnyessence(m): 7:26am On Nov 23, 2014
u better don't deceive urself here GMB is winning d war against Gej come Feb poll forget about d sentiment buhari record is good not atiku.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Johnnyessence(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2014
we need a leader that can tackle corruption to d minimum level.
Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2014
I see Tinubu helping Atiku to win the APC primaries.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Caseless: 7:42am On Nov 23, 2014
Pdp and their pigs want a weaker opponent for gej, so they all prefer Atiku.
Apc wont give u evil followers of an evil party that chance to stroll to victory again.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by hiredkiller: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2014
donphilopus:
All these PDP guys are just trying everything humanly possible to let Atiku clinch the APC Ticket, but it ain't possible.

Like my Senator used to tell us "If you're given any cash by any aspirant/candidate, collect it from him/her and say 'Thank you', when the day of the election reaches, you cast your vote for your preferred aspirant/candidate." You won't expect them to reject money from Atiku, if he truly gave them anything, but on the day of the primaries, they cast their vote for their preferred Candidate [Buhari]!

Ikimi did more than this when he was contesting APC National Chairmanship, but at the end he knew what befell him!

Gej till you die of HBP

9 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by hiredkiller: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2014
Caseless:
Pdp and their pigs want a weaker opponent for gej, so they all prefer Atiku.
Apc wont give u evil followers of an evil party that chance to stroll to victory again.

As a Catholic today is a special day for me
Its Christ the king's day grin

So mr caseless you just escaped a brutal words now.

But never mind its

Gej till 2019

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by major466(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2014
Buhari should watch his back. grin Atiku is heavily loaded.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by major466(m): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2014
cosmatika:
Muhammadu Buhari On BBC HardTalk With
Stephen Sackur
SS: Good day Mr. Buhari, welcome to BBC
HardTalk.
MB: Thanks Stephen **smiles**
SS: Now you have declared to contest again, can
we know your agenda Sir?
MB: To grab power from PDP
SS: I mean, your manifesto Sir?
MB: I said to grab power from PDP
SS: Ok, how can you improve the economy?
MB: I will fight corruption
SS: What are your plans for healthcare and
education?
MB: I will stop corruption
SS: What's your plan for housing and urban
development?
MB: I will kill corruption
SS: How can you fix insecurity, especially Boko
Haram?
MB: I will murder corruption
SS: How can you build roads and upgrade
infrastructure?
MB: I will finish corruption
SS: What are your plans for youths empowerment
and agriculture?
MB: I will destroy corruption
SS: Excuse me Sir, why is your agenda centred on
corruption alone?
MB: It’s because the corruption under Goodluck
Jonathan is unprecedented and I'm the only
person that can end it.
SS: Really and you didn't end it during Abacha's
regime when Nigeria was the most corrupt country
in the world in 1997, second most corrupt country
in 1996 and third in 1998 according Transparency
International Report? You quietly served under that
most corrupt government and nobody heard your
voice about corruption.
MB: **his face changes** I beg your pardon
Stephen. Did you bring me here to insult me? Was
this what we discussed when you invited me?
SS: Mr. Buhari, this is BBC HardTalk - a no-hold
barrel interview session. Pls, can you kindly answer
my question?
MB: I ain't gonna answer you (he tries to speak
like an American but with Fulani accent)
SS: Why Mr. Buhari?
MB: Because I wasn't the president then
SS: Ok, that reminds me. During your illegitimate
regime (1983-85), you jailed the following persons
between 70-100 years jail terms even when some
of them did nothing: Alex Ekweume, Sam Mbakwe,
Ambrose Ali, Emeka Ojukwu, Lateef Jakande, Jim
Nwobodo and Fela etc.
MB: They were corrupt. That was why I jailed
them.
SS: What about Ibrahim Awwal - your personal
friend and the then governor of Niger state?
MB: He was not corrupt
SS: Excuse me Sir. Ibrahim Awwal was arrested at
Heathrow airport right here in London with £14m.
You simply placed him under house arrest for few
weeks; the same way you placed Shehu Shagari
(the then president) under house arrest, but locked
up Alex Ekweme (the VP) in Kirikiri. Why?
MB: Ain't gonna stay here and listen to this
f**king bullshit (still speaking like an American)
SS: Mr. Buhari, it seems you're a tribal bigot
because it's on record that you never jailed corrupt
politicians from your region even when they were
the most corrupt.
----------------------------------
At this point Buhari couldn't bear it anymore. He
got up and grabbed Stephen Sackur on his shirt
collar. Met Police invaded the studio and got him
arrested.
The Police said, do you think here is Nigeria where
you threaten "dogs and baboon" or where you
lament that the "fight against Boko Haram is war
against the north"? This is the United
Kingdom...you'll be jailed for assault!
Buhari stops speaking like an American and
switches to Hausa language: Don Allah kada ku
kurkuku ni. Kamar mayar da ni zuwa Nijeriya. Wani
ya kamata don Allah sa ni El-Rufai wayar o.
(Please do not jail me. Just send me back to
Nigeria. Someone should please get me El-Rufai
phone o) LMAO!
grin grin grin grin grin
I will fight Kworoption. - Gen Buhari
That's the only language he understands. Buhari is clueless.

9 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by major466(m): 8:58am On Nov 23, 2014
CFCfan:
I see Tinubu helping Atiku to win the APC primaries.
When it comes to money, Tinubu will do anything, including selling himself to the highest bidder. Buhari better go home and farm and forget about the Presidential race.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by nigerianvenom(m): 9:07am On Nov 23, 2014
APC generally is an orphan and will continue to be an orphan till thy kingdom come.the only befitting place for the APC is the orphanage home.
I say this because i know so

Mudaracker,Phockphockman,what can u say?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by nigerianvenom(m): 9:12am On Nov 23, 2014
donmalcolm21:

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by anonimi: 9:17am On Nov 23, 2014
donmalcolm21:

Abi o jare nor mind the clueless old soldier who thinks we are as foolish as he and his almajiri followers are grin

Never mind sha the man will simply tap into his hidden Swiss bank accounts and all is settled while his MUMU followers are shouting Sai Buhari for the in_CORRUPT_ible military DICTATOR shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by omenka(m): 9:23am On Nov 23, 2014
For all those saying they prefer Atiku, we know what you desire, but sorry, that aint gonna happen, not by a long shot! cheesy

Buhari is winning the primaries and your Lord of Host isn't getting any easy contest next year. The sooner you guys started accepting that fact, the better for your hearts and, of course, blood pressures!! grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Chidiokereke(m): 9:28am On Nov 23, 2014
mrvitalis:
Atiku......i like all ur strategies till this one..bro this have damaged ur already growing good image .....am sorry sir ..this is poor from u

All party leaders, including Atiku, make contributions to party development. Atiku makes donation of a standard sum of N5million for the running of the party in all non-APC-controlled states that he visits. These donations are announced publicly at the meetings which take place at party offices. In some states, they get assistance to buy buses or furniture items for their offices. Some party branches do not even have offices, and they call on party leaders to help, and the Turaki as much as possible pays his dues to the party. Audiences to these events are usually made up of stakeholders who come from distant places. Some of them may be delegates. If there is a little sum that they are given, in an open interaction, to fuel their cars and pay hotel accommodation for the night, is it really a crime?

Can 50k buy a delegate?
Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 23, 2014
Joker
Re: Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each by Donmarrius: 9:39am On Nov 23, 2014
Buhari will be shevering by nowgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Rolls Out 500 Made In Nigeria Cars Today / Gov. Fashola Inspects Ipakodo Jetty. Pics.. / Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.