Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl (1075 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / Make Una Biafra Ppl Come See O / Ex-PDP Chairman Arrested For Political Assassination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
A young man from oyo state as for long ave the dream of bcoming a senator representin is ppl BT HE DON'T KNW HW TO GET aldo he is stil a 400l student bt ve d plan of contestin for post come 2019 hopefully, he has d spirit in im cos he as held sum vital post in his skul in d past few years (he is presently d senator represent is constituency in d SUG level, he ws a one time sec gen in his skul asocation, the D.o.s of is asocation, a one time elcom member, a one time elecom sec gen, nd a 1 time elecom chairman)(ELCOM electoral committee wich is lyk inec in skul level) sayin al dis is nt for pride bt jst to xplain dat he is nt new to sum aspect of politics (aldo its stil on skul level) So nairalanders in d house should pls tel me wats re to b done for d dream to cum tru as in pls tel me wat it takes to bcum a senator in oyo state...*tanks in advance*
Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by donphilopus: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
Qualifications for Membership of National Assembly and Right of Attendance

Section 65

(1) Subject to the provisions of section 66 of this Constitution, a person shall be qualified for election as a member of:
(a) the Senate, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 35 years; and
(b) the House of Representatives, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 30 years;

(2) A person shall be qualified for election under subsection (1) of this section if:

(a) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent; and
(b) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that party.

@OP, hope the said person would be up to 35 by 2019?! Cos if he's not, that means he's ineligible according to Section 65(1)(a) of the Nigerian Constitution. Anyways, read the quoted to know everything pertaining to Election to the Senate!

1 Like

Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
donphilopus:

@OP, hope the said person would be up to 35 by 2019?! Cos if he's not, that means he's ineligible according to Section 65(1)(a) of the Nigerian Constitution. Anyways, read the quoted to know everything pertaining to Election to the Senate!
U ve really ansd part of my que aldo d age mayb a barrier bt my I bleaf dre is God sha
Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by Nctrice(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
For crying out loud what manner of write up is this! The Mod should not allow such a post still be on here! The OP is not writhing in any known language, for if that is English he is writing then I must say that the school he is in now or that which he attended should be shut down and barricaded ... he is writing like the Yoruba man who is a state house of rep member from Ekiti whom channels TV interviewed few days back! Gosh!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nctrice:
For crying out loud what manner of write up is this! The Mod should not allow such a post still be on here! The OP is not writhing in any known language, for if that is English he is writing then I must say that the school he is in now or that which he attended should be shut down and barricaded ... he is writing like the Yoruba man who is a state house of rep member from Ekiti whom channels TV interviewed few days back! Gosh!
Hw I wish everyone cn b reasonable..........nigeria would b beta
Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by jamace(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nctrice:
grin grin
Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by desgiezd(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
@ OP

Please write your message in a way that can be easily understood. This is a public forum and not a gathering of elementary school students!
Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by bolaino(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
donphilopus:

Thanks for helping him out, I believe you know he is the one with the political ambition of being a senator come 2019, I laff my belle burst first, hahahahahaha, but on a serious note, I think he should consider local politics before thinking of Going National. And he needs to work on his English,
Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by Nctrice(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
oyetunji12:

Hw I wish everyone cn b reasonable..........nigeria would b beta
take correction

1 Like

Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by bolaino(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nctrice:
take correction
Re: Pls Strictly For Political Minded Ppl by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2014
Copied it from a frnd blug nd dcide to share it here, nd if I may ask pls wat wrng in d english........perhaps u dnt undastand d abrevatns

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Buharists / Jonathan To Contest Against Semi-literate Candidate –PDP / Gej Vs Gmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.