Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,385 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! (74001 Views)

Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / How Can One Grow Facial Hair Rapidly? / Top Black Hair Salons In London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^For real ooo. Me sef, it's mostly coz i'm lazy to do things with my hair. It's usually in a bun. Haven't braided in a long time.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Iranoladun(f): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2011
Try twist, weavon, or simple pony tail/bun depend on how long your hair is
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by soreola(f): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
Tip: if you are buying Creme Of Nature Products be sure to get the shampoo that comes with a green or red label. The newer product line comes in orange, you don't want to get that one cause it contains sulfate.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by TheBBF(f): 12:09pm On Dec 13, 2011
Yeah, but its so hard finding the green label now though for cream of nature. I tried their coconut and sunflower shampoo (orate bottle), and even though it has sulphates it wasn't stripping. Not as good as the green label though, but manageable.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by lepasharon(f): 3:11am On Feb 12, 2012
nice thread wink
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
HAIR JOURNEY

I am growing my hair all over again after having it chopped at hair shows, if u remember moi, a couple of years back i posted a pic of my hair (below). so here are the stages.

Hair is Unrelaxed in photos.

First pic is how my hair was (2010)
Second is the first time, they cut my hair (2011)
Third is the final, all cropped (2011)
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 18, 2012
Then I was fixing weaves and relaxed the front of my hair, this made my hair to break out, and break out, and break out, so i got pissed and decided to go back to braids.

Hair with weave( lasted a month then switch to braids)
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
Had my braid for a month and half and the result is the second pic.

I maintain my braid with regular washing, I wash it every 2weeks nd sometimes everyweek, I maintain growth with hair lotion (olive hair lotion and coconut hair lotion)

The trick I believe is, if you carry your braid a bit longer than normal, it helps with hair growth, I'm in braids now and will post a pic once I take it off to see the diff from the last pic. Braid is currently 1mnth nd half  smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kandiikane(m): 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
^ Great Journey, Braids do not work for me. I have got really soft hair at the front and any time I braid because of the styles I put the braid in I lose hair at the front. Good thing it grows back or else I will be left with no hair at the front.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by maryini(f): 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ladies, what do I do to thining crown hair to make it grow, I am in my very early twenties and should not be suffering from baldness now.

This problem started when I used an organic root stimulator relaxer that came with a dye shampoo, before i could say Jack Robinson all d hair in the middle of my head fell off, I gathered up courage and shaved all of it off to start growing from scratch. Its now getting to a year and the hair at the middle is still not growing! Please help! *Sobs*
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kandiikane(m): 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^Wish I could help but I never really  used anything on my hair apart from Indian Hemp. Try Dr Miracle's range smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by maryini(f): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^I have tried dr miracle's range of hair products, it did nothin 4 me
my hair also breaks easily, even now dat its all natural
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kandiikane(m): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Maryini, I know even my hair breaks more when it is natural than when it is permed. It depends on the texture I believe. If you can look on youtube there are loads of hair videos that might help with products for the hair loss you are experiencing.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kandiikane(m): 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
Btw, Try using natural products for your hair. Use eggs+avocado(deep conditioning), olive oil, coconut oil, pure shea butter etc, Natural products you can get your self in your household to help, Most of them are quite good
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
maryini:

Ladies, what do I do to thining crown hair to make it grow, I am in my very early twenties and should not be suffering from baldness now.

This problem started when I used an organic root stimulator relaxer that came with a dye shampoo, before i could say Jack Robinson all d hair in the middle of my head fell off, I gathered up courage and shaved all of it off to start growing from scratch. Its now getting to a year and the hair at the middle is still not growing! Please help! *Sobs* My hair is makin me ashamed,

Organic root is absolute rubbish, did the same thing to my hair back in 07, I will suggest "Wild Growth Oil" dunno if they have it where you are but it worked wonders for me. Stinks at first but I can't complain after the result. Rub it where the hair is falling off daily.

To kill the smell, rub cocunut hair lotion after 10 mins of massaging. Hope this helps smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2012
kandiikane:

^ Great Journey, Braids do not work for me. I have got really soft hair at the front and any time I braid because of the styles I put the braid in I lose hair at the front. Good thing it grows back or else I will be left with no hair at the front.

Thanks, I normally lose the braids at the tip of my hair to prevent losage. You cld try twist instead of braids due to it's lightweight and ease, although I'm loving the short hair on you. Rock on cool
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by maryini(f): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
@jellybean, I thought u said you stopped using it.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 28, 2012
maryini:

@jellybean, I thought u said you stopped using it.
Stopped using what? Organic relaxer? Yes.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by maryini(f): 11:00am On Feb 28, 2012
No, I mean wild hair growth
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2012
maryini:

No, I mean wild hair growth

I don't use it much cos I'm braiding, it doesn't help my braid last cos it makes the hair grow faster lol

I do use it when the braid is gone and before rebraiding.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by lepasharon(f): 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
^ but are not worried about thinning edges due to constant braiding??
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 29, 2012
lepasharon:

^ but are not worried about thinning edges due to constant braiding??

I do but then the longer you leave the braid, the better. Constant change up leads to thinning. My braid is 2 months old now and the more i wash my hair, the more new growth and that helps against braid falling off, as long as you continue to mosturize.

1 Like

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by maryini(f): 3:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
jellybean:

I don't use it much cos I'm braiding, it doesn't help my braid last cos it makes the hair grow faster lol

I do use it when the braid is gone and before rebraiding.
does it itch? From the reviews on amazon, i got d impression that it was itchy 4 some folks . . . my hair itches something fierce when i use some products.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by dollya(f): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2012
@ jellybean,  wow ur hair is amazing kiss kiss kiss kiss
what brand of conditioner do u use on ur hair ?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 02, 2012
maryini:

does it itch? From the reviews on amazon, i got d impression that it was itchy 4 some folks . . . my hair itches something fierce when i use some products.

Not that I know of, dry scalp causes that so if dry and itchy, apply the oil. When i use grease, it tends to be a bit itchy for a day but better the next and I try to maintain washing every week or 2 weeks.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2012
dolly a:

@ jellybean,  wow ur hair is amazing kiss kiss kiss kiss
what brand of conditioner do u use on ur hair ?

Awww, thanks Hun!

Funny enough, I don't really use conditioner, i tend to use shampoo with conditioner in it, i tend to use Herbal Essence and sometimes, John Frieda Conditioner.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by InkedNerd(f): 10:26am On Mar 02, 2012
jellybean:

Awww, thanks Hun!

Funny enough, I don't really use conditioner, i tend to use shampoo with conditioner in it, i tend to use Herbal Essence and sometimes, John Frieda Conditioner.

When you say shampoo with conditioner, do you mean you add it yourself or it's a two-in-one products?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 02, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

When you say shampoo with conditioner, do you mean you add it yourself or it's a two-in-one products?

No I don't add it myself, it's 2 in 1 smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by InkedNerd(f): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2012
jellybean:

No I don't add it myself, it's 2 in 1 smiley

Are they "natural based" products?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by lepasharon(f): 2:10am On Mar 03, 2012
Read and be informed

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by InkedNerd(f): 9:34am On Mar 03, 2012
lepasharon:

Read and be informed

I already avoid those products.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Sere Wins Ugliest Man In Zimbabwe 2015 Beauty Pageant Show (PICS) / The Haircut I Ordered Vs The Haircut I Got (Photos) / From Thin To Thick & Curvy: Lady Shares Her Transformation Within 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.