Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! (74008 Views)

Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / How Can One Grow Facial Hair Rapidly? / Top Black Hair Salons In London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by platinumnk(f): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2010
madlady:

^^^Is that your dog, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kiss.

yep thats my baby kiss

@topic- Protein treatments are good, I alternate it with Mosturizing Treatments weekly.
I use Hydrathermals Amino Protein Treatment.

smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2010
This hot oil treatment,does one wash the hair after the hot oil treatment?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2010
Am I doing right by dyeing my hair?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2010
It will weaken your hair.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
How can I strengthen it? I am really tired of braids all the time. I want to play and experiment with my hair. smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Iranoladun(f): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2010
Here is my kinky braid picture:

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
At the beginning of this thread are tips on how to care for and strengthen your hair. Some of it are repeated here
soreola:

i personally just went from natural to relaxer for the second time,  I found natural much more stressful cause the texture of my hair was not pleasant, Truth be told one can grow your hair both ways, i.e. natural or relaxed, my hair was destroyed at the back from relaxing (the first time) and so i decided to cut it and go natural, now after about 5 years i went back to relaxing and the hair on the back of my hair is very ok, i have a stylist that is helping me through my journey to longer hair,
what the OP said is extremely true, i.e. taking care of your relaxed hair and even natural hair is a LOT of work but once you find a routine that works its becomes easier,

For me HOT OIL TREATMENT,  is when u oil your case and put on a shower cap or if u do it b4 bed a night cap and leave it to stem up, or u could see under a dryer only for a little while

DEEP CONDITION- when you (after washing) put conditioner in your hair and cover your hair with a shower cap and either sit under a dryer or just leave for a while to stem up

AVOID HEAT!!- too much heat is no good for your hair, i remember i used to use hot comb every time i washed my hair (when it was natural) now that my hair is relaxed i have made a rule for myself to only use a flatiron once a month, and now i air dry my hair and it doesn't even take that long

once more thing i wanna introduce, ( i dont kno if anyone already spoke about this)

PROTEIN TREATMENT- the best way i can describe it is that u could use Motion's CPR and same as before, wrap your hair and see under a dryer, this should be done about every 2-3 weeks,

if anybody has questions feel free to ask, im sure there are others here who are also able to answer, ciao
You can also check out www.hairlista.com for more info.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by mamagee3(f): 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

How can I strengthen it? I am really tired of braids all the time. I want to play and experiment with my hair. smiley
Did you mean straighten it or strengthening it?. . .
If you meant straighten it, there's an electric hair straightener you can use on your hair. . .
If you meant strengthen it, you can apply relaxer on it.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2010
mama-gee:

Did you mean straighten it or strengthening it?. . .
If you meant straighten it, there's an electric hair straightener you can use on your hair. . .
If you meant strengthen it, you can apply relaxer on it.

I meant the second. Relaxer nor dey damage hair?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by mamagee3(f): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
^^No, it doesn't at least it doesn't damage mine.
Just try it, there's no harm in trying.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2010
I also want to cut my hair. I think having short hair gives flexibility in styles.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by platinumnk(f): 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

How can I strengthen it?. smiley

Use Protein Treatment. A deep conditioning protein treatment and alternate with a deep moisturizing treatment. And your hair will thank you.
A relaxer uses chemicals to break down the hair, and it strips the first layer if you are not careful.
Relaxers will never strengthen hair, why do you think you have to condition it right after you use it?
Doubt me, use google. or yahoo answers
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Sissy3(f): 1:44am On May 01, 2010
michelin89:

Am I doing right by dyeing my hair?

most certainly not. IMHO, you are still too young (not in age) to be doing such damage to your hair. but if you insist, make sure you have a good conditioner and hair regime
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by browncocos(f): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2010
hi ladies,
I am new on this thread
and just want to add that for those that want to dye their hair theres a natural alternative,
henna
henna by itself might give you an auburn result
and if you want jet black hair
mix henna and indigo
they are both completely natural
and makes your hair stronger as opposed to artificial dyes
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
browncocos:

hi ladies,
I am new on this thread
and just want to add that for those that want to dye their hair theres a natural alternative,
henna
henna by itself might give you an auburn result
and if you want jet black hair
mix henna and indigo
they are both completely natural
and makes your hair stronger as opposed to artificial dyes
I have been asking and no one has answered me,please when one uses henna does it wash off with each hair wash? I'm wondering if it will stain my pillow if I use it?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by naijadiva2(f): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^^ i think i answered u in the other thread. Ill look for it and post it here when i find it.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by naijadiva2(f): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
Henna is a good way to color hair but if your hair is dark (dark brown and blk) it will not show. In certain lights or in the sun, u might be able to see it, just like how when u put a semi-color rinse in your hair, u may not see it but when u go outside, u can see it glistening (sp?) a bit.

If you want to get the color that henna releases, it have to lighten your hair. I know Clairol has a product called illuminizer (i think) and its uses to lift the color of your natural hair. They say its less harsh than bleach and peroxide. You leave it in for the amount of mins u feel will do the job.

Henna is very much permanent. you just cant see it bcuz most likely your hair is dark (i assume). Henna is a natural hair dye and conditioner that bonds to the hair as if it is your hair. If you are blond and u henna your hair, your hair will be be orange-y, redish brown, depending on the batch of henna. you can not remove it. You have to grow your hair out and/or cut it off. I don't know if u can color over it, but im sure u can. Some ppl have tried many ways to remove the color caused by henna by very harsh means. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but for our hair (afro-textured hair), that removal technique wouldn't work bcuz we could go bald for trying it (LOL)

But it does make the hair strong, healthy and shiny.

I copied this post from the other thread. You can find more on henna at hennaforhair. com
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
Thanks naija_diva,I did see this on the other thread but did not make the connection to my question. Thanks,now I see.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2010
Just rinse your hair thoroughly when you first apply it, coz it will stain your pillowcases.
My mother uses henna. . .You can mix tea or wine to enhance the reddish tint.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by browncocos(f): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2010
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
iice:

Just rinse your hair thoroughly when you first apply it, coz it will stain your pillowcases.

So rinsing thoroughly after first application will ensure my pillow cases don't get stained? Just want to be very clear.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
The thing is that you can't be sure it will remove everything the first day. What i do is not wear white the next day and then wash again, after that it's all good. No stains. It's harder to get everything out if you have long hair. My mom carries short hair so for her rinsing thoroughly the first day gets the job done.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by naijadiva2(f): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2010
iice:

yep, u can use those but i don't wanna use wine in my hair when i should be drinking it  grin.

you could also use coffee, orange juice or lemon juice (these 2 however can be harsh for our hair, i use them tho with no problems) I don't know if im wording it correctly, but i believe henna takes on the color of the liquid used. if u use coffee, it'll be more on the auburny side. if u use lemon juice, u'll get a brighter color, (dont quote me 100% on it) but mostly it depends on the batch of henna. if u don't want the red deposit, mixing indigo or alma should help tame the color.

and when rinsing henna, u gotta keep rinsing until the water runs clear.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2010
You're about it taking on the color of the liquid.
My mom usually uses tea or wine. . .i don't really care since i've done and will still do freakish things to my hair grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by naijadiva2(f): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
i forgot to add, for me, i use cheap condish to help rinse out the henna. I try to wash out as much henna i can out of my hair with plain water, after that, i lather my hair with cheap condish like V05 or tresemme naturals, Or suave and keep rinsing it out that way.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2010
Thanks iice and naija_diva. I'm now dubious of henna. Permanent color shocked What happens when I'm tired of it? I know cut the hair but I hope not to take a scissors near my hair ever!
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 4:58am On Oct 21, 2010
Ejadamen, the color is not the shocking or conspicuous type.  It's like a natural hue and like mentioned above, it sometimes doesn't show especially if you have very dark hair or virgin hair.  Only when the sunlight or other lights hit it at an angle, do you notice there's color.  You'll grow it out.   
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by oyinda3(f): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2010
I just found out about this treatment. I will try it first and come back after 2 weeks to tell u guys if it's worth sharing or not. cross fingers!!!!
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2010
@ iice,thanks wink. I'm very cautious with my hair. I have actually never ever colored it shocked. I'll give this henna a try while my hair is still short,if I can find it.

@ Oyinda,you'll most likely do it before I do so I'll wait for your report.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ejadamen,
You're welcome. I feel you.  My mother is very cautious with her hair too and she even has better hair than i (me i don bleach my own color am at home grin).  She's also into all these natural stuff, so henna is a great way for her to color her hair.  Henna is to subtle for me, i tend to go for bright colors tongue But once in a while i mellow with henna.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Sissy3(f): 1:12am On Oct 26, 2010
come o ladies,this is henna thing the same with one that some people use in weddings to draw on their hands?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by browncocos(f): 8:47am On Oct 26, 2010
^^^^^^
youre indeed correct
the same one called "la-le" up north

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sere Wins Ugliest Man In Zimbabwe 2015 Beauty Pageant Show (PICS) / The Haircut I Ordered Vs The Haircut I Got (Photos) / From Thin To Thick & Curvy: Lady Shares Her Transformation Within 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.