Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! (74004 Views)

Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / How Can One Grow Facial Hair Rapidly? / Top Black Hair Salons In London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by oyinda3(f): 12:39am On Oct 29, 2010
oyinda.:

I just found out about this treatment. I will try it first and come back after 2 weeks to tell u guys if it's worth sharing or not. cross fingers!!!!

not as great as i expected. bah. lol
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2010
Oyinda,details please.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by naijadiva2(f): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
yes, plz tell us, i hope u deep conditioned after the treatment.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2010
I am a witness to the fact that Black hair does grow. I started observing my hair regime October 3 last year. I braided my hair without extensions(attachments) Till February 2010. I did a touch up(retouched) and I noticed my hair length increased.

I braided it again without extensions from February till July, did a touch up and my hair length increased further.

I kept doing it like that till I got this present length. My hair is way down my neck. Since this year began, I have only put relaxer on my hair twice. The final touch up for the year will be in December.

See the pix below.

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ ferhyntoriah, lovely hair. I can't believe it's all yours. It's pretty. Can't wait for when I can braid my hair without extensions.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2010
@Ejadamen, tnx. It tuk me a year to get dis length. Am aiming for BSL-Bra Strap Length. My hair is reaching shoulder length. You have to be PATIENCE to get such length.
Learn to keep your hair for long with adequate care-shampooing, conditioning etc. You can do dis with extensions so as to protect d tip of your hair strands. Once d strands are protected, d length would increase.

May I inform u that you would lose a lot of hair strands if your hair is kept for long(I do it & dont mind the loss so long am getting results-long strands). That is okay sinz we lose about 75-100 hair strands per day but you would notice the length increase.You can minimise the loss by being gentle with ur hair. Handle it with care. Pamper your hair as you would do to a baby's. When u undo a part of ur hair, use ur fingers to untangle thus allowing easy combing. Use a wide mouth comb and always start from the tip to the root.

The above is what I have been following and the result is truly amazing.

Remember, Black hair is soft and vulnerable and more vulnerable when u have hair strands of different texture(natural-new growth & relaxed/permed).

Therefore, handle your hair with utmost and extreme care and reduce relaxer application to 3 or 4 times in a year.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ Ferhyntorlah, my hair is natural. I'm 4 and a half months post BC(big chop). I already do most of what you wrote except the relaxing. It's high maintenance but I love how soft and wonderful my hair feels.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
Well, dat's good to know. I can tell u ar a DIY person.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ferhyntorlah, nice hair. Natural hair is beautiful.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by bgirl: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
I am not sure that I agree.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by honeric01(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2011
^^^^

Good luck!
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 5:00am On May 18, 2011
Growing hair is like anything in life. Put in effort and you'll get good results. As long as you eat well and give your hair what it needs (protein, moisture, and not too much heat), you're good to go really. Good luck to everyone smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 8:58am On May 18, 2011
Chei, this ogugua fine o. From her posts I can tell she is also highly intelligent. A rare combination. Blessed is he who findeth thee.

[I had to repost this]
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 12:51am On May 19, 2011
^^^

Thank you smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by honeric01(m): 12:25pm On May 19, 2011
^^^

Well na small my girl take fine pass you, small grin

I also need to see if my babe's hair can be longer than yours, hers is about her shoulders and the hair texture is just too thin, she complains of breakage and is trying to quit the hair task i gave her but i am just too stubborn, GAVE her series of warnings lol (jokes sha)

Told her no more laughing, we spoke for close to 2 hours on the phone and i only laughed twice, she noticed it and knew i was serious, she kept asking me why i didn't laugh much for 2 hours, just told her "when i am serious, i want to be taken serious" fear catch her (i ain't idi-amin o) tongue
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by honeric01(m): 12:43pm On May 19, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Chei, this ogugua fine o. From her posts I can tell she is also highly intelligent. A rare combination. Blessed is he who findeth thee.

[I had to repost this]

MENN shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who's that DOWN-TO-EARTH-NATURAL-BLACK-WOMAN on your profile? Gosh she looks clean, raw beauty with real hair!!! grin kiss kiss kiss kiss

but why she come wear padlock with chain for neck like slave inside prison?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 19, 2011
honeric01:
^^^

Well na small my girl take fine pass you, small grin

I also need to see if my babe's hair can be longer than yours, hers is about her shoulders and the hair texture is just too thin, she complains of breakage and is trying to quit the hair task i gave her but i am just too stubborn, GAVE her series of warnings lol (jokes sha)

Told her no more laughing, we spoke for close to 2 hours on the phone and i only laughed twice, she noticed it and knew i was serious, she kept asking me why i didn't laugh much for 2 hours, just told her "when i am serious, i want to be taken serious" fear catch her (i ain't idi-amin o) tongue

LOL! Fine hair breaks easily sha. She shouldn't manipulate it too much or load it with heavy products really because that would make it worse. She should use protein or reconstructive treatments then follow it up with a light moisturizer. That should work.

Which hair task did you give her by the way? lol grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by honeric01(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2011
^^^

Well i told her no one wigs/weaves and all that, i told her to go back to braiding, she's complaining about having small head lol

That's what i told her, NO MORE WEAVES, i call attachments "horsetail" grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 5:02am On May 20, 2011
Lol. She doesn't need any of them really, especially with fine hair. Most weavers and braiders braid the hair extremely tight. So, unless she's instructing them not to do so tightly, her hair is probably suffering sad I do hope not though.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by honeric01(m): 9:37am On May 20, 2011
That i can't say, but who knows.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by follypimpi(m): 4:15pm On May 20, 2011
^ baba wetin u dey do here,u dey sell hair products?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by honeric01(m): 9:07pm On May 20, 2011
lol, nope, na agbo jedi i dey sell grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kushkush: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2011
Please i am working and schooling at the same time and may not have time for all d strict regimes how can i grow my nape length hair longer. Heeellllp
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2011
Eat healthy, don't stress the hair with too much/constant perming, braiding. Let it breathe once in a while. Trim off the split ends. If your hair is dry, you have to make time to moisturize it.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kushkush: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2011
Thanks iice. i have my hair in kinky braids now. does moisturize mean using oil on my scalp or lotions cos m kinda confuse
PS if you or any other person are in naijo could u recommend goos hair products.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2011
I'm not good with the products sorry. I tend to do trials. If one product doesn't work, i check out another till i find something that works. Sometimes sef i still try out other things. I also like using natural things. No not oiling the scalp, it can build up dirt. When you wash your hair, try to moisturize doing one of the things suggested on this thread. I usually just use coconut oil (pure coconut oil) or mayonnaise (can't stand the smell of eggs). If you use coconut oil, you put it in a container and then put the container in hot water to heat the oil. Apply the warmed oil to your hair/scalp and massage. Wrap the hair (i use plastic bags, razz woman that i am grin) and let it sit for about an hour or so. Then shampoo it out. When i use mayonnaise (no need to heat) i let it sit longer and shampoo it out.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kushkush: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2011
you are not razz arall wink. now to search for coconut oil for its professed wonders. any idea where i can get that in lagos?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by iice(f): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2011
Sorry i don't know ooo. I forgot to say that you can use the natural milk of the coconut. . .it's just as good.
If you go to the market and they have that grating thing for coconut, have them grate it. You will either have to press the milk out after it has been grated or have them do it. Don't mix it with water. Then do the heating thing and apply to your hair.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by TheBBF(f): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2011
Woooohoooo!!!!! Just the post I was looking for! Sorry for the excitement but mehn since I moved back to Nigeria last year, whenever I talk about hair people look at me like I'm an alien. Its nice to see a fellow hairlista on board. Growing my hair this last year has been tedious but I am making progress. I even started a blog last month to document my progress and help my fellow Naijalistas out.

Please oh black hair does grow and I can testify to it. Just visit my blog: www.blackbeautyfanatic.com . I have been growing my hair for close to 3 years and have succeeded!

Now that I've gotten that excitement off my chest. Please Please, does anyone know where to get good hair products in Lagos? The stores here have been killing me.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kushkush: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2011
THeBFF i can feel your excitement. I'm just wondering if it's possible to work an grow your hair because all the washing and mositurizing stuffs when you work late and rise early does not seem feasible to me. PS i'm hitting your blog right now
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by TheBBF(f): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2011
THeBFF i can feel your excitement. I'm just wondering if it's possible to work an grow your hair because all the washing and moisturizing stuffs when you work late and rise early does not seem feasible to me. PS i'm hitting your blog right now

KushKush, I understand what you mean. Having the time to do these things can be hard especially when your are first starting out. I work as well and I still find time to wash my hair at least once a week. When I first started growing my hair I was a bit over zealous, I did my hair almost 3 times a week. (I wasn't working, I was in school then).

But now that I work, and with Lagos traffic and all I find focusing on my hair once a week is enough. The truth is, yes you can grow your hair with a busy schedule you just have to incorporate it into your routine. For instance moisturizing you hair every night before you go to bed will only take you 5 minutes. the same goes for if you choose to moisturize in the morning. Moisturizing my hair has become second nature to me now. Its a habit like brushing my teeth.

If you find that you really don't have time to deal with your hair on a weekly basis. Put it in a protective style like braids, ghana weaving, or a weave. But make sure when you do this you still moisturize your hair at least every 3-5 days. Find a good leave in spray and moisturize. Also make sure whenever you wash your hair you deep condition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sere Wins Ugliest Man In Zimbabwe 2015 Beauty Pageant Show (PICS) / The Haircut I Ordered Vs The Haircut I Got (Photos) / From Thin To Thick & Curvy: Lady Shares Her Transformation Within 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.