Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Ogor Visits Irri Orphanage Home, Donates Foodstuff And Other Items - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogor Visits Irri Orphanage Home, Donates Foodstuff And Other Items (912 Views)

Loe Ogor Emerges Minority Leader, House Of Reps. / Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader / Orie-irri Raps DESOPADEC Over Electricity Transformer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogor Visits Irri Orphanage Home, Donates Foodstuff And Other Items by nelsonegware: 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
OGOR VISITS IRRI ORPHANAGE HOME, DONATES FOODSTUFF AND OTHER ITEMS

*adopts the orphans, pledges to build hostel accommodation for them

The Deputy Majority Leader, House of Representatives and member representing Isoko Federal Constituency, Rt. Hon. Leo Okuweh Ogor, weekend, visited an orphanage home, the Human Welfare for Empowerment and Development Initiative (HWEDI) under Ascertion Grace Global Outreach at Irri in Isoko South local government area to identify with the inmates and to have a better understanding of their needs.

Receiving Rt Hon Leo Ogor and members of his entourage, Proprietor of the Orphanage home, Rev. Precious Great, thanked the lawmaker for always identifying with them by sending them food items on regular basis. He said since Hon. Leo Ogor identified with them they no longer starve as he has always made food available for them whenever it’s needed.

While thanking Rt Hon Leo Ogor for his magnanimity, the Proprietor also used the opportunity to inform the lawmaker and his entourage that the Orphanage has 361 children and that it is difficult to accommodate them within the little space they have. He therefore sought the assistance of the lawmaker and other well meaning individuals to provide them with better accommodation.

In a brief speech, Hon. Leo Ogor thanked God for the opportunity to visit the Orphanage to have a first hand knowledge of the magnitude of the Orphanage home.

"I want to state very clearly that very few people will do what you people are doing here. It's quite amazing and I will always continue to identify with you.

"By the power of God that has made it possible for me to be what I am today, I hereby adopt you all as my children. I will do for you what I can do for all my children. You will never ever go hungry again in your life.

"It is an experience for me to be here and definitely I will never forget you people. Don't play with your education, education is what will make you to stand out in life. The destiny of a man can only be delayed but it can't be denied." He stated.

Ogor also used the occasion to donate items provided by MTN Nigeria to the Orphanage through his influence.

He also announced his intention to build a hostel accommodation for the inmates of the Orphanage home.

Items donated include 10 cartons of Peak Milk, 10 cartons of Milo, 5 bags of Semovita, 10 bags of Ariel soap, 10 cartons of dettol soap, A Giant Samsung Refrigerator, standing fans, 20 mattresses.

Hon. Ogor and his entourage thereafter inspected the facilities at the Orphanage home were he directed that Engineers should start work immediately especially on the provision of toilet facilities for the orphans.

He also informed the Orphanage of his plan to acquire land in the area and build a befitting hostel accommodation for the orphans.

Rt. Hon. Leo Ogor was accompanied on the visit by immediate past Transition Committee Chairman and Vice Chairman, Isoko South local government area, Hon. Engr. Goodluck Idele and Hon. Dickson Ebegbare (Fineboy); Isoko South PDP Chairman, Chief Obi Eneruvie and his Isoko North counterpart, Hon. Daniel Tutumor; Special Assistant to Rt Hon Leo Ogor, Hon. Joseph Oteremu, Media Assistant to Rt Hon Leo Ogor, Mr. Obaro Itewo and other dignitaries.

Re: Ogor Visits Irri Orphanage Home, Donates Foodstuff And Other Items by interoute: 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Good one

(1) (Reply)

APC To Spend N700 Million On Aregbeola Inauguration. / Jonathan’s Campaign Footage Compares Him To MLK Jnr, Mandela, Obama / Lagos State Borrows 16 Million Dollars For 32 Fire Trucks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.