Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (742838 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bmyc: 9:57am On Aug 09, 2015
dayjahvoo:

Mr know-it-all a.k.a. Mr ignorant, firstly, each directorate has a GED and up to ten staff working directly for that GED. those people will have to be reassigned somewhere.
Secondly, NNPC is overstaffed. that's a well known fact. No multinational oil company operates with such redundancy in staff.
Lastly, did PMB call you to inform you that he is done with the restructuring?
And oh, lemme put "direct source information" so that it'll look like I know wat i'm talking about.
Don't be naïve you fool. NNPC is understaff if you don't know, and I doubt if you are among those that passed the test from your comment you are always negative so be positive even if you are not among us may be next advert for recruitment you may be part of it and any moment God willing we'll resume as NNPC staff!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2015
PrivateRyan:

I doubt if u are part of this recruitment or u would have known better. On my test day one of the invigilators said the recruitment won't take time again becos they need people and true to his words, about 2 months later, interviews were about to be conducted. U don't even know anything about nnpc yet u come here to give words to ur false assumptions and pessimism. Well as u think, so shall it be for u. No organisation would conduct a recruitment if they donot have staffing needs. Have u been to all their subsidiaries? The staff shortage would even worsen when the refineries are up and running

you are not makng any sense. the invigilators on test day were from phillips consulting not NNPC. also, the test happened before the change of government so, I don't see how it is relevant. And i'm a part of this recruitment, all I have always said is it'll go on but only after the restructuring is finished which is not this year.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 10:04am On Aug 09, 2015
SomBaby:

Did u mean to say understaffed?

Nope. I mean "overstaffed"
I know a man who has changed his age twice just to stay in service and he's not the only one doing it.

Also, nnpc has a lot of contract staff and they keep employing everyday(on we-we basis).
So unless there's a major retrenchment and restructuring, it'll be hard to add extra people to the already swollen wage bill.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2015
dayjahvoo:

you are not makng any sense. the invigilators on test day were from phillips consulting not NNPC. also, the test happened before the change of government so, I don't see how it is relevant. And i'm a part of this recruitment, all I have always said is it'll go on but only after the restructuring is finished which is not this year.

If u were really at the test then u would know that many NNPC officials were there too. What exactly is the restructuring that is going on besides recovering stolen funds and setting up refineries or maybe separating it into the investment and regulatory arm. The new GeDs have been appointed and waiting for buhari's nod. I wonder what kind of restructuring could possibly take more dan a month or 2? Perhaps next year suits u more but sorry to burst ur bubble. Philips consulting has already said we should get ready anytime from now and u come here to say nonsense. What do u know? Well maybe urs will be next year or 2017
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SomBaby(f): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
I wrote mine at FGC Enugu... Our hall was supervised by staffs comprising of nnpc staff and some adhoc staff(the teachers of the school).
Philips consulting saw to d Invitation and accreditation of candidates while the rest was borne by NNPC.

The nnpc staff kept lamenting at the turnouts...said it was very poor(5ppl...at most 8ppl per hall imagine!)also said they need more people cos many ppl ve left d system...though he somehow blamed Phillips ppl for d low turnouts...

Bottom line is this...NNPC is highly understaffed.
dayjahvoo:

Nope. I mean "overstaffed"
I know a man who has changed his age twice just to stay in service and he's not the only one doing it.
Also, nnpc has a lot of contract staff and they keep employing everyday(on we-we basis).
So unless there's a major retrenchment and restructuring, it'll be hard to add extra people to the already swollen wage bill.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
dayjahvoo:

Mr know-it-all a.k.a. Mr ignorant, firstly, each directorate has a GED and up to ten staff working directly for that GED. those people will have to be reassigned somewhere.
Secondly, NNPC is overstaffed. that's a well known fact. No multinational oil company operates with such redundancy in staff.
Lastly, did PMB call you to inform you that he is done with the restructuring?
And oh, lemme put "direct source information" so that it'll look like I know wat i'm talking about.

I tried to steer clear off this thread for a while but it appears I may still pop in every now and then to rid it off nattering nabobs of negativism like you.

The so-called staff working for any GED are direct NNPC employees that can be redrafted to any role or department as well as maintain their current role. Their job functions are not tied to whoever the GED is. Reducing the directorates to 4 like someone said is to minimise bureaucratic bottlenecks usually associated with having too many "Ogas at the top". Instead of having GED East, GED West, GED North and South, the GMD can decide to appoint just 2 and call them GED 1 and GED 2 where East and West answer to 1 and North and South to 2. That's exactly what he did in a nutshell.

As for your bafflegab on NNPC being overstaffed, I think it just lends credence to the fact that you do not know your left from your right WRT to NNPC and her workings. Contract staff does not make up for a deficit of the full-time employees that NNPC were fully aware of when they embarked on this recruitment.

And lastly, learn the difference between what PMB can do by fiat and what he would need new acts and bills that must be deliberated, signed and agreed by the national assembly when trying to restructure NNPC. The knowledge of this fact will help some of your very glaring confusion.

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by cnnman: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thank you my brothers in good faith for your contributions and answers/responses to he who calls me "Mr know-it-all" yet claims to know more than any of us here while he knows nothing.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eruditor:

I tried to steer clear off this thread for a while but it appears I may still pop in every now and then to rid it off nattering nabobs of negativism like you.

The so-called staff working for any GED are direct NNPC employees that can be redrafted to any role or department as well as maintain their current role. Their job functions are not tied to whoever the GED is. Reducing the directorates to 4 like someone said is to minimise bureaucratic bottlenecks usually associated with having too many "Ogas at the top". Instead of having GED East, GED West, GED North and South, the GMD can decide to appoint just 2 and call them GED 1 and GED 2 where East and West answer to 1 and North and South to 2. That's exactly what he did in a nutshell.

As for your bafflegab on NNPC being overstaffed, I think it just lends credence to the fact that you do not know your left from your right WRT to NNPC and her workings. Contract staff does not make up for a deficit of the full-time employees that NNPC were fully aware of when they embarked on this recruitment.

And lastly, learn the difference between what PMB can do by fiat and what he would need new acts and bills that must be deliberated, signed and agreed by the national assembly when trying to restructure NNPC. The knowledge of this fact will help some of your very glaring confusion.

You are one of the reasons why employers are complaining that Nigerian graduates are not employable. Thinking that speaking grammar makes your point valid.

Do you know that just 2years ago, up to 50 contract staff members were given full employment status in one of the subsidiaries?
The problem is not that NNPC cant get to a point where they can justify needing extra staff but for now, the way they are operating is such that there's duplication of function.
I'm sure you are confident in your ability to "insult" but lemme assure you, you'll be shocked

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
dayjahvoo:

You are one of the reasons why employers are complaining that Nigerian graduates are not employable. Thinking that speaking grammar makes your point valid.

Do you know that just 2years ago, up to 50 contract staff members were given full employment status in one of the subsidiaries?
The problem is not that NNPC cant get to a point where they can justify needing extra staff but for now, the way they are operating is such that there's duplication of function.
I'm sure you are confident in your ability to "insult" but lemme assure you, you'll be shocked

Au contraire chief, it is your sort of intellectual laziness that makes Nigerian graduates unemployable. I made several posts in the political section and not once did anybody call me out for my grammar. They didn't even notice it. Now I come back here to make a post and that is the only thing that doesn't fly over you.

Also, if you're unsure of something, then let your posts carry the same mark on them. Don't go riding on any high horse calling people naive, ITK and fools because you do not agree with them. It smacks off the very same thing you are accusing others of- unemployability.

"Subsidiaries" like NETCO and co are known to recruit their own staff devoid of the supervision of the parent body NNPC. I am aware they recruited people in the fall of 2013. THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING AS NNPC UNDERGOING A NATIONWIDE GRADUATE AND EXPERIENCED HIRE RECRUITMENT SCHEME.

Please be informed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Eruditor:

Au contraire chief, it is your sort of intellectual laziness that makes Nigerian graduates unemployable. I made several posts in the political section and not once did anybody call me out for my grammar. They didn't even notice it. Now I come back here to make a post and that is the only thing that doesn't fly over you.

Also, if you're unsure of something, then let your posts carry the same mark on them. Don't go riding on any high horse calling people naive, ITK and fools because you do not agree with them. It smacks off the very same thing you are accusing others of- unemployability.

"Subsidiaries" like NETCO and co are known to recruit their own staff devoid of the supervision of the parent body NNPC. I am aware they recruited people in the fall of 2013. THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING AS NNPC UNDERGOING A NATIONWIDE GRADUATE AND EXPERIENCED HIRE RECRUITMENT SCHEME.

Please be informed.
Nobody recruits permanent staff "devoid of the supervision of the parent body". This is not saying they don't recruit their own staff. Anybody who comes here and says they know when the interview will be scheduled is a FOOL. Anybody who thinks nnpc is not filled with people dat arent doing anything is NAIVE.

Lastly, a personal advice to you, don't join the intellectually handicapped all in the name of being optimistic. There's nothing wrong in being realistic.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by scarletdp(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
All I see is two different people giving valid and honest points. However, each one is trying so hard to prove that the other is writing plain nonsense. *sigh*

Just reminds me of the story of the 6 blind men and the elephant.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by cnnman: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
Let us stop agueing. Let us keep praying to God. As I am saying this now, one of the influencial governors in Nigeria (name withheld) has this messages concerning our recruitment and the plea with him. I have been sending him updates on this matter and confirmed he received my last message now. Let us pray that God will use him to talk to the President, the New GMD of NNPC and any other person necessary to make this recruitment see the light of the day soon. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Topiipii(m): 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
scarletdp:
All I see is two different people giving valid and honest points. However, each one is trying so hard to prove that the other is writing plain nonsense. *sigh*

Just reminds me of the story of the 6 blind men and the elephant.
Your head is super valid.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
cnnman:
Let us stop agueing. Let us keep praying to God. As I am saying this now, one of the influencial governors in Nigeria (name withheld) has this messages concerning our recruitment and the plea with him. I have been sending him updates on this matter and confirmed he received my last message now. Let us pray that God will use him to talk to the President, the New GMD of NNPC and any other person necessary to make this recruitment see the light of the day soon. God bless you all.
So what are you feeling like now? undecided

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bmyc: 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
Infact we have to execirse patience with the present situation on ground looking at what PMB and newly appointed GMD are after, I will suggest we should give them this month and next month to see the outcome of what they'll do if note we should use one of the following method; 1. Either we should let people know what is happening with the recruitment through national dailies or 2. Simple protest for the successful people invited for interview...any way that's my opinion
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rekeson: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
bmyc:
Infact we have to execirse patience with the present situation on ground looking at what PMB and newly appointed GMD are after, I will suggest we should give them this month and next month to see the outcome of what they'll do if note we should use one of the following method; 1. Either we should let people know what is happening with the recruitment through national dailies or 2. Simple protest for the successful people invited for interview...any way that's my opinion

Protest is out of the picture because NNPC is not obligated to continue with the recruitment even though they have sent out invites.

Let's just wait it out......
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
dayjahvoo:

Nobody recruits permanent staff "devoid of the supervision of the parent body". This is not saying they don't recruit their own staff. Anybody who comes here and says they know when the interview will be scheduled is a FOOL. Anybody who thinks nnpc is not filled with people dat arent doing anything is NAIVE.

Lastly, a personal advice to you, don't join the intellectually handicapped all in the name of being optimistic. There's nothing wrong in being realistic.
Bro.. this is the second time. Please don't just generally pass insultive words at random or on innocent persons especially when they are just trying to make their point and not directing the post at you.

I am not trying to attack you but appealing to your emotions and I hope you understand.

Offences will always come but refuse that it came from you.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by madri4u: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
Breaking News..2012 NNPC Recruitment cancelled.NNPC doesnt need workers as a result of sanitization of the corpporation..So make una buried dis thrend...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
MDs of various subsidiaries in NNPC sacked. Some GMs were also sacked. New GEDs named.

The shake up continues.....
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by charlsecy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
madri4u:
NNPC Recruitment cancelled.NNPC doesnt need workers as a result of sanitization of the corpporation....
I nullify your post!
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bmyc: 6:11am On Aug 12, 2015
Gbam! E don happen Buhari sacks 9 out of the 16 Managing Directors of Strategic Business Units (SBUs) of NNPC http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/buha
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Threemg: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2015
bmyc:
Gbam! E don happen Buhari sacks 9 out of the 16 Managing Directors of Strategic Business Units (SBUs) of NNPC http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/buha

Whether e don, e happen or e go still happen one thing I'm certain of is that in all MY GOD is working so that all the actions taking by BUHARI will be to our favour, abi una don forget the story of JOSEPH The brothers will be like OYA COM BECOME KING OVER US that's after he was sold but they failed to realize that all their actions was actually the way GOD wanted and most interesting part was that their actions FastTracked GOD'S plan. I'm 100% hopeful. I don't know about you!
It's Well With Us
It's Well With Nigerian Youth
It's Well With Our Leaders
It's Well With NNPC
It's Well With PMB.
It's Well With Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Busbar(m): 11:46am On Aug 12, 2015
The day is drawing near.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Pinkieblue(f): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
Caucasian:

Bro.. this is the second time. Please don't just generally pass insultive words at random or on innocent persons especially when they are just trying to make their point and not directing the post at you.

I am not trying to attack you but appealing to your emotions and I hope you understand.

Offences will always come but refuse that it came from you.

Lol.......

See who is talking......

People change sha.......

Wonders shall never end.......

Full..... Lol...... Full.....

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pinkieblue:

Lol.......

See who is talking......

People change sha.......

Wonders shall never end.......

Full..... Lol...... Full.....
Ha ha ha ha ... trouble maker like u. I ve not changed I am still same psycho .... But blameless in all fights ...

" Plz stop derailing this thread " grin
" Do the needful " grin
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by presh247(m): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
madri4u:
Breaking News..2012 NNPC Recruitment cancelled.NNPC doesnt need workers as a result of sanitization of the corpporation..So make una buried dis thrend...
Holy Ghost Fireeeeeee!!!
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Pinkieblue(f): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
Caucasian:

Ha ha ha ha ... trouble maker like u. I ve not changed I am still same psycho .... But blameless in all fights ...

" Plz stop derailing this thread " grin
" Do the needful " grin

Lol.......

U better start the needful
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Abdulleeh: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pinkieblue:

Lol.......
U better start the needful
you and Caucasian ehm. issokay o
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Abdulleeh:

you and Caucasian ehm. issokay o
Hehehehe .. Mr Abdullahi dee dee grin u be monitoring spirit ba ? Abeg I use God beg two of una this na nnpc thread oooo .. we have many bad mouths here. I no fit withstand them.

By the way I have replied your mail .. have u seen it. Respond quickly
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by gbonsquare: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2015
@Madri4U and Dejayvoo or whateva u called urself...from all indications,we are convinced that U are d imp on this thread,U are d enemy of success.The spirit of failure and pessimism are full in U.U are the bend sticks trying to extinguish the flame of success but one thing I know for sure is that my Allah is awesome.Watch out for surprises in few days ahead!
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Threemg: 7:25am On Aug 13, 2015
Here is a copy of what one of us sent to the new GMD through one of the Nigerian dailies.

Open letter to GMD-NNPC

|SIR: Your appointment as the new Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is a good thing to have happened in recent times. In fact, we give kudos to President Muhammadu Buhari to have fixed a square peg in a square hole at the right time. Accept our felicitations sir.

We have been patiently waiting for this moment as we are hopeful that we are going to, in the long run, find light at the end of our tunnel.

At this point, we crave your indulgence on a matter that mostly concerns us; this is the recruitment that had started since 2012 and which is presently on hook for a reason we cannot simply fathom.

It all started in the last quarter of 2012 when an advertisement was placed in the national dailies for entry level and experienced vacancies in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

In December 2014, an aptitude test for the recruitment exercise was contracted to Phillips Consulting Limited, an organization reputed for unbiased processes and the aptitude test was conducted successfully on December 6, 2014 in some selected states across the federation.

In February, congratulatory text messages were sent out by Phillips Consulting Limited (PCL) to successful applicants who should await the details of the interview to be sent the following week.

While waiting and preparing for the interview, subsequent text messages were received by us that due to logistic reasons, the interview is on hold and that mails will be forwarded to us earnestly.

We have been waiting patiently hoping to receive the invitation mail for the interview which has since not been forthcoming hence this letter.

We had endured the process for almost three years now and we believe you will use the power of your office to help us to bring the recruitment process to a reasonable conclusion.

Every positive development in the NNPC creates fresh hope in us; but then there is also the fear that the recruitment might be cancelled. We wish to be part of the changes that have come to the corporation; we wish to contribute our young, vibrant and experienced minds to turn things around in the petroleum power house.

We will be much appreciative if this long standing issue can be treated as a matter of urgency before our case get swept under the carpet and we become the forgotten ones.

Agbongbon O.A,

For NNPC OT/GT/EH Recruitment Hopefuls

For the "DOUBTING" Thomass, please find the link below

http://thenationonlineng.net/open-letter-to-gmd-nnpc/

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.