Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- (74948 Views)

In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / HANNAH 'S STORY ....falling In Love Or In Lust With My Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
Omavik:
still following....

alright
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
Queennelly:

ok dear

hi all...I will update this night please ... thanks all
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
hi all...I will update this night please. ....thanks all
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Onemansquad(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
How can u say she is a rookie wen it comes to fashion parade
wt she nd ruby jst did is like she is a supermodel

nice storyline queen waitin 4 mor

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by chuks87(m): 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
stuff46:
queennelly you have done it again with dis long updates.

Chuks were my alomo 1bottle only.

I am in love with the story and followinq

* drags fridge to his side*

2 Likes

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Uchexxy(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
cool storyline, strongly following but chucks abeg bring my own zobo. make e cold oooo

2 Likes

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by stuff46(m): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
chuks87:

i no look like drunk na.

*Opens the fridqe and siqht elliot. Draws it out,

this will serve me for the whole story

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by chuks87(m): 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
Uchexxy:
cool storyline, strongly following but chucks abeg bring my own zobo. make e cold oooo

oya abeg catch am.... *gently throw a bottle of zobo drink @ him*

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by chuks87(m): 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
stuff46:

i no look like drunk na.

*Opens the fridqe and siqht elliot. Draws it out,

this will serve me for the whole story
sori o... i neva meant so... * drags frigde to itz normal position*

2 Likes

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
Onemansquad:
How can u say she is a rookie wen it comes to fashion parade
wt she nd ruby jst did is like she is a supermodel

nice storyline queen waitin 4 mor

she stopped having fun for sometime .....acting kind of feed up in life....but Ruby is like a sun that brings out her beauty, smiles, abilities and what have you.....without Ruby she wouldn't have done that.

thanks for following .... gvs me strength .
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
CHAPTER SEVEN

Hannah didn't tell her mother about the date. She was half scared, half excited about the prospect of spending a whole evening with Joe. Because there was no denying the anticipation tap dancing in her belly. Sitting across the table with him, talking to him, thinking about the kiss.
Which was why she choose her best underwear and sprayed a generous amount of perfume.
She gave herself a quick head to toe. Fitted black shirt with tiny black flowers embroidered on it. Her good black jeans. She looked about as good as she was ever going to.
Her mother was chopping vegetables at the kitchen counter and she looked surprised when Hannah appeared in the kitchen doorway.
"You're going out? "
"Yeah. Sorry . I meant to tell you, but it kind of slipped my mind, " Hannah fibbed.
Her mother took in her loose hair and good shirt in a single gaze. "Not a problem. Have a nice time. "
Hannah suspected her mother knew exactly who she was going out with. She simply shrugged and headed for the door. Joe was waiting by his car already, his head damp from the shower. He looked good in a dark brown shirt and black jeans. Maybe a little too good --- one look at him and her palms got clammy.
"Hi, " he said.
"Hi."
"You look great, he said, his gaze running appreciatively over her body. Shall we get going? I booked us a table at an Italian place, "
"Okay."
Joe rounded the car to open her door for her.
She muttered thanks as she slid into the car. She wasn't used to having men wait on her.
Once they arrived they were seated in a corner, a fat candle on a small wooden table casts a warm light over them .
They ordered a bottle of red and some food.
With the ordering out of the way and wineglasses in front of them, they stared across the table at each other.
"This is nice, " she said lamely.
"Yeah. Place seems good "
"Listen, " they both said
Hannah laughed awkwardly. "You go first, "
Joe cleared his throat. "I was just going to say sorry if I'm a bit rusty. Haven't done this sort of thing for a while. "
"Well, incase you hadn't noticed, I 'm not exactly a social butterfly myself, I 've kind of been keeping a low profile lately. "
She took a deep breadth, then let it out again. She hated telling anyone about the wedding, but he was bound to hear it from someone eventually.
"I was engaged last year, but the wedding was called off at the last minute, " she said before she could change her mind.
There was a short pause before he answered. "That must have been tough."
"It was called off because my fiance fell in love with my best friend. "
His expression didn't change: he simply nodded in acknowlwdgement.
"You already knew, didn't you? Who told you?
"Your mom. "
"Bloody hell. Is nothing sacred?
"Not where moms are concerned." Was that who you were talking to at the coffee shop? Your ex?
"Yeah. Wanted to tell me my friend is pregnant. "
Joe went still, then swore under his breadth. "I hope you told him where to get off."
She liked that he was angry on her behalf. "Not exactly. I congratulated him. I 'm not going to waste the rest of my life being angry with them. "
"You a Buddhist or something? "
"Nope. Just sick of feeling like I want to punch something. "
He smiled and she found herself smiling in return.
"I have a big trip planned. Soon I will hit the road. Just need to wait for the owner of the garage to find someone to take over from me, buy some gear then I 'm off. "
There was a small silence. When she glanced up he looked. ... disappointed. That was the only way she could describe the mix of frustration and regret she saw in his eyes. Then he blinked and it was gone.
"Ruby's going to miss you, " he said.
What about you? Will you miss me? Hannah secretly thought in her heart.
"I'll miss her, too.
Their gazes met across the table.
"So, where are you heading for first? " he said breaking the small silence.
Hannah spent the next twenty minutes detailing her planned route to him.
"So you're going to camp most of the time?" he asked.
"If I can. The weather is good and I think its the best way to see the country. "
"Not going to miss hot and cold running water and all the mod cons? "
She cocked her head and raised an eyebrow. "Not a fan of the great outdoors, Joe? "
Me? I love it. Always have. Beth couldn't stand it. Had to have a roof over her head, air -conditioning, running water, you name it."
The name came out of his mouth so casually, so naturally, but they both stilled. It was the first time he 'd ever mentioned his wife to her. "Beth was my wife, " he said.
"How did she die? " she asked, trying to make it easier for him since he seemed determined to address the issue.
"It was a car accident. I was up north on the rig and she was driving to collect Ben from karate practice. A driver ran a red light, smashed into her car. "
His knuckles were white, she reached across the table and laid her hand over his.
"Its okay. We don't have to talk about it."
He stared at her, his expression bleak. Then something in him seemed to relax. "Its more that I'm out of practice. Its been two years. And people don't exactly line up to talk about it. "
"I can imagine, "she said drily.
"The worst of it was that she didn't die straightaway. She had massive head and internal injuries. They operated while I flew down from the rig. She died before the plane landed. "
She tried to imagine the torture of sitting on a plane, hoping against hope that her loved one would survive, willing the plane to fly faster, get there sooner, only to arrive to the worst possible news.
"I 'm so sorry. That must have been a terrible thing to come home to."
"Tough memories. " he nodded.
Watching the grief on Joe 's face, it had suddenly hit her that he was still hung on his dead wife. And that meant that anything that happened between them was, by definition, doomed to failure.
The buzz of a cellphone interrupted her thoughts. Joe pulled a face and reached for his back pocket.
"Sorry. I told the sitter to call if there were any problems."
"Of course."
She fiddled with her cutlery, not wanting Joe to think she was eavesdropping, but it was hard to avoid overhearing his conversation even though he was talking quietly. It quickly became obvious from his tone and what he was saying that he was talking to Ruby.
"The spider's not going to hurt you, honey," he said. "Its probably more afraid of you than you are of it."
Joe flicked her an apologetic glance, but she shook her head to indicate she wasn't fused. His kids needed him, she had no issue with that.
Joe smiled as he listened to his daughter. "Okay, how about this? You bunk down on the couch and I'll check your room when am back from my meeting? How does that sound?
Joe said good night to Ruby and ended the call. "Sorry. Ruby had a spider in her room. She is terrified of things. "
Hannah nodded. She told herself to ignore what she'd heard (meeting) , but she couldn't help herself. "You didn't tell her about our date? "
He looked uncomfortable for a moment, "I haven't dated anyone before and I wasn't sure how she 'd react. I know she loves you, but I didn't want her getting the wrong idea."
Hannah stared at him, wondering what he thought the wrong idea was.
She shook her head slightly. "Who are we kidding? "
He raised his eyebrows. "Sorry?"
She gestured towards the table, the candle, the wine. "All this, what happened the other night...... I'm about to head off for months. You've got your kids. We're both walking wounded. This was never going to happen. "
He looked arrested for a moment, then his shoulders visibly relaxed. "You're probably right. I'm not exactly the best catch at the moment. "
They shared stories and had great laughs. They lingered over coffee. By the time they were walking back to Joe's car, Hannah was feeling warm with goodwill and a mouthful of coffee.
They bantered some more in the car on the way home, the radio playing softly in the background. She was surprised when the car pulled into the street.
"We're here already. " she said stupidly when he pulled into the driveway of his house.
"Seems like it."
"Huh " she reached for her seat belt and slid it free. She started to frame a thank you in her mind, but she didn't want the evening to end yet. If she wasn't living with her mother she'd invite him in for coffee. But she was. And he had kids and a sitter at his place .....
"Well, I had a great night. Thanks." She said.
"We'll have to do it again sometime."
"Yeah. Although I'll probably be pretty busy getting stuff ready for my trip."
"Right. I 'd forgotten that for a moment. "
His face was in shadows and she couldn't read his expression, but there was a note of regret in his voice. Or maybe she was imagining it, because suddenly she was wishing all over again that things could be different between them.
"Anyway, thanks, " she said again.
"It was my pleasure. "
She didn't consciously think about her next move, she simply leaned across to press a quick kiss to his cheek. Except he turned his head, and she found herself kissing the warmth of his mouth. He tasted of coffee and the touch of his tongue against hers sent a thrill all the way to her body. Desire pierced her so sweet, he tugged on her shirt until he was pushing it open, his gaze taking in her breasts with a single minded intensity that made her feel like the most desirable woman on the planet.
She was panting, mindless. His body was bowed towards her, tense with desire and need.
The sound of the car horn cut through the night like a siren. They both started and Hannah jerked away from the steering wheel.
"Shit," she whispered.
The porch light came on. She had a sudden vision of a sleepy eyed Ruby or Ben coming out to see what was keeping their father from coming inside.
Joe must have shared her vision because they both scrambled for her shirt buttons at the same time.
She was still twisting around, her fingers working furiously at her buttons when the front door opened....,.........

2 Likes

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
chuks87:

honey pls dont get him drunk abeg

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Uchexxy:

thanks
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
Maryclaire1:
thank u sir ur really kind but I want my MUMMY....... embarassed
it can pain!!
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
LongShadow:
it can pain!!

what, where, when, how?
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
LongShadow:
it can pain!!

what, where, when, how? initiatives of pain....elaborate the more.
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Bestlily(f): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
Nice Story....Doing a gr8t Job*thumbs up*
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by stuff46(m): 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
ghen ghen

those children no dey hear word, na dier papa o. I pray she finish bottoninq bfore they notice. Nice updates queennelly. See suspense
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
Queennelly:

what, where, when, how?
hian!!!see attack oh!!just a passing comment tho ...Later I realised from continous comments reading....He's your ummm swtheart,,,!!
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Maryclaire1(f): 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
LongShadow:
it can pain!!
grin.still following ooo.....thanks 4 d update

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lol
Maryclaire1:
grin.still following ooo.....thanks 4 d update

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 30, 2014
Bestlily:
Nice Story....Doing a gr8t Job*thumbs up*

thanks dear
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 30, 2014
stuff46:
ghen ghen

those children no dey hear word, na dier papa o. I pray she finish bottoninq bfore they notice. Nice updates queennelly. See suspense

we will see tonight
lol
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2014
LongShadow:
hian!!!see attack oh!!just a passing comment tho ...Later I realised from continous comments reading....He's your ummm swtheart,,,!!

lol
thats a fact
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by LEvuls(m): 10:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Queennelly:

lol
thats a fact
following

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Uchexxy(m): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
chuks87:

oya abeg catch am.... *gently throw a bottle of zobo drink @ him*
Correct my guy.......ehen nelly's queen oya fire on.
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by nellytivities(f): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Uchexxy:
Correct my guy.......ehen nelly's queen oya fire on.
Shey na Nelly's queen abi na queen nelly? Lol
Chuxx abeg wetin you put for the zobo?

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Onemansquad(m): 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oga chuks i nid chill bacardi wit suya make it snappy abg
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
Queennelly:

lol
thats a fact
Duly observed!!

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nice one..... But d suspense is too much nau, do u wnt giv us high blood pressure? Abeg update fast joor. Thanks 4 d update. Expecting moooooooore
Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hahahaah....dem don catch am...lol
Loving this queen,you doing so well#stillfollowing

1 Like

Re: HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- by stuff46(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Onemansquad:
Oga chuks i nid chill bacardi wit suya make it snappy abg

they only offer zobo here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story... / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.