Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations (657 Views)

Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter / N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by bruno419(m): 12:39am On Nov 25, 2014
By Chris Ochayi
ABUJA — The Federal Government, yesterday,
threatened to withdraw operational licences of
the electricity Distribution Companies, Discos,
that are rejecting electricity load allocations in
the country.
Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, who
issued the threat, while featuring at the 2014
Ministerial Platform to showcase his scorecard in
Abuja, blamed some Discos for refusing to stock
their warehouses with equipment to respond
speedily to customers’ demands.
Expressing disappointment over the
development, which makes it difficult for the
consumers to enjoy electricity supply, Nebo
therefore warned that, “from henceforth, any
Disco that rejects electricity load allocation
would be sanctioned or has its license
withdrawn.”
According to him, “the national grid is limited in
reach. The available electricity is insufficient to
meet existing power needs, in spite of shortage,
government is making effort to electrify the
rural communities.”
He said it was in a bid to bridge the electricity
deficit in the rural areas that the President
flagged off Operation Light Up Rural Nigeria
(OLRN) Initiative on January 13, 2014 at Durumi,
Shape and Waru in the FCT using renewable
energy.
The minister added that plans were underway to
replicate OLRN pilot across the 36 states of the
federation.
Nebo who pegged the current power generation
in the country at 4,600 megawatts said 5,500
megawatts of electricity would be achieved by
December end.
On stranded power in the country, Nebo said
government, in its efforts to get stranded power
unto the grid, identified a number of companies
willing to generate power and export to the grid.
The Federal Ministry of Power is coordinating the
process with its relevant agencies.
He explained that the companies are: Ajaokuta
Steel Company, 85mw; ALSCON, 100mw; Lafarge
Cement, 40mw; Obajana Cement Plc, 35mw;
Kaduna Refinery, 33.5mw; Geometric 22mw and
NESCO, 26mw respectively.
source: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/fg-threatens-withdraw-discos-licences-rejection-loading-allocations/
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by Boscojugunu(m): 1:40am On Nov 25, 2014
Hmmm
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by dlox147(m): 6:15am On Nov 25, 2014
I have continually said it, we are getting right in the power sector. With the happenings now I see us having steady electricity come before 2017
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by otokx(m): 6:31am On Nov 25, 2014
NEBO is confused, it is the bills that are improving. Urban centers do not have light you want to take the inflated bills to rural people. See wickedness of the highest order.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 25, 2014
dlox147:
I have continually said it, we are getting right in the power sector. With the happenings now I see us having steady electricity come before 2017
lol...I love the way you dream sha.

Smh....
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by omenka(m): 6:47am On Nov 25, 2014
Confused people. They rushed to sell the assets to themselves and their cronies now they can't seem to handle anything right.

Shame!!

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by authority2006(m): 6:50am On Nov 25, 2014
dlox147:
Oh my God! Did you even bother to read the contents at all?
Well, discos are making their money through estimated billings and fixed charges, I'm not really surprised by their rejection of additional load which means that if they accept this load, they will have pay for it. Their logic is why paying to have more load when they are actually making billions of naira without supplying any power.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Discos’licences Over Rejection Of Loadingallocations by chinwike2(m): 8:06am On Nov 25, 2014
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Re-elect My Husband In 2015 – First Lady / FG Adopts .gov.ng Unified Email Platform / Itsekiri Group Warns Tompolo: Don’t Dare Us Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.