Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion (6003 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Thousands Protest In Aba For Pro-biafra Detainee, Independence - Dailymail UK / Okorocha In Aba For Apc Rally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by RareDiamond: 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Onitsha Businesses Look to Aba for South-East Corridor Expansion
November 25, 2014 | Filed under: Exclusive,main story | Author: GODFREY OFURUM
Tweet 13

Trading businesses in Onitsha, which has one of West-Africa’s largest concentraton of commercial activities are looking to Aba for a south-east expansion, on the back of the imposing Aba Mega Mall, which is currently under construction in Abia state of Nigeria.

The $300 million Aba Mega Mall project, promoted by Greenfield Assets Limited, an infrastructure development firm, to boost commercial activities in the region, sits on 25 hectares land and will on completion, consist of 5,830 ultramodern shops in four sizes of 12sq meters, 16sq meters, 24sq meters and 48sq meters respectively.

The facility will have provision for banks, security post; 25,000sq meters climate-controlled warehouse space, restaurants, entertainment centres, childrens’ play area and a massive parking space for over 5,000 cars.

Meanwhile the South-East Amalgamated Traders Association (SEAMATA), an umbrella body of traders in the South-East region of the country, has endorsed the project, which they describe as laudable.

The traders body urged their members across the country to support the project which they say is good for the region, as it is providing the needed infrastructure to ensure that they regain their place in commerce in Africa.

[b]Also on Sunday, over 120 business leaders, cutting across various markets in Onitsha, Anambra State and representatives of the business section of Onitsha Sports Club, took a tour of the facility, located at Osisioma area of Aba, the commercial hub of Abia State.

Innocent Agudiegwu, chairman, Onitsha Main Market, who led the group to Aba, to ascertain the extent of work at the facility, argued that it would change the face of trading and commerce in the South-East region.

“I am very impressed with what I have seen here today. What they are doing here is fantastic. You cannot get something like this in Onitsha. We have been expecting this kind of thing and God has brought it to our doorsteps and we are going to buy into it, “Agudiegwu said.

Ugo Umeseaka, managing director, Aba Mega Mall Limited, told BusinessDay that about 1,000 traders in Onitsha have indicated interest in buying shops in the mall. Umesiaka further said a cross section of traders from various markets in Onitsha had been taken to see the extent of work at the mall.

These, he said, included those who have collected their allotment papers to identify where their shops are.
[/b]
He attributed the fast pace of work at the mall to hard work and the grace of God. “We also believe that this project is a vision for the entire South-East and we are custodians of the vision and we are working hard to make sure it is realised and in good time, knowing that it will affect trade and commerce, it will drive poverty away and improve on the way people live in the Southeast.

“It will also attract foreign patrons and improve international trade, as many people from all parts of the world would trade comfortably, because of the facilities we offer.

He further said, “This is not your normal open market structure. There is security, constant power supply and a bonded terminal. It comes with a total package that supports any level of commerce all over.

“They are happy with the quality of work and we are assuring that we would maintain it and that in the shortest possible time, they would be buying and selling in the mall,” he promised.

Tony Orji, branch manager, First City Monument Bank, Faulks Road Branch, one of the major financiers of the project, assured the traders that the sum of N3.6 billion, the total money for the first phase of the project is ready.

Orji however explained that the project money was being released in tranches, and that the first tranche of N725 million has gone into the project already.

He commended the management of Green Field Assets Limited, owners of the mall, for prudent management of resources.

According to him, they have been frugal and transparent in the deployment of the money released to them. “That money was meant for ten structures but we are seeing is 15 structures springing up, which means that they have utilised the money well.

“The second tranche will be released soon. So the issue of funds has been taken care of, because we are seeing what the money is being used for. And we are happy that they have even surpassed what they were given.

“We are excited; doing this shop has given us that comfort that everybody will get their shops as they make their contribution. Another good thing about this project is that the company is not using off-checkers money to build. The money they pay is in their account and will not be touched until they complete their contribution, “he affirmed.

GODFREY OFURUM

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/11/onitsha-businesses-look-to-aba-for-south-east-corridor-expansion/#.VHSot8kjIdU

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by RareDiamond: 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
Things can only get better in Ala Igbo. This the time for industrialist and business men to come to the South East for investments and business. Already eagle eyed investors who can see huge profits and turnover from a distance are trooping to South East, Nigeria for investments. Why not you ? Your competitors are exploring, investing, developing and making good profits from Nigeria's huge South East markets. Why not you.

Ala Igbo Adila Mma !!!

12 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
Op, I love you, no homo. you keep making us proud with your reports

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
Nice one, looking for the day a direct rail will be going to Onicha to Aba straight.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by Francis5: 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
No picture of this 300 million USD mall?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by RareDiamond: 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
Nice one, looking for the day a direct rail will be going to Onicha to Aba straight.

The plan for that is almost completed by FG
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by funkybully(f): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
Anambra adibago mma.

Omo ibos dey try well well. My sweetheart is Ibo boy.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by IGBOSON1: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
Any renders of the project? And if it's presently under construction how comes there's no pics anywhere?

I take any 'positive' news coming out of Abia with a truck load of salt......the Governor there is a huge disappointment! sad

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by RareDiamond: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:
Any renders of the project? And if it's presently under construction how comes there's no pics anywhere?

I take any 'positive' news coming out of Abia with a truck load of salt......the Governor there is a huge disappointment! sad

My brother, this project started last year when the MoU was signed. FCMB Bank won't invest huge money there if this project was a joke.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by IGBOSON1: 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
RareDiamond:

My brother, this project started last year when the MoU was signed. FCMB Bank won't invest huge money there if this project was a joke.

^^^Yeah, but if it started last year surely by now we should be seeing some pics of on-going construction works.....as well as renders or a 3-D video of the project!?
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by RareDiamond: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Yeah, but if it started last year surely by now we should be seeing some pics of on-going construction works.....as well as renders or a 3-D video of the project!?

Well, it is left for nairalanders who live close to the project to update us with pictures. People of Imo and Abia States are not loud mouthed people, so don't expect them to brag about the project.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by zlatansomto(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
RareDiamond:
Things can only get better in Ala Igbo. This the time for industrialist and business men to come to the South East for investments and business. Already eagle eyed investors who can see huge profits and turnover from a distance are trooping to South East, Nigeria for investments. Why not you ? Your competitors are exploring, investing, developing and making good profits from Nigeria's huge South East markets. Why not you.

Ala Igbo Adila Mma !!!
God bless you brother,. God bless Igboland..
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by Oment7: 9:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1maxT9emA8

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by RareDiamond: 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2014
zlatansomto:
God bless you brother,. God bless Igboland..

Thanks brother

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by basilo101: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Powerd by sons of d soil as usual
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by Collynzo9: 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
more about the mall on their official site
www.abamegamall.com/
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by waternogetemeny: 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
T.A Orji is a failure. In 8years as Gov this is the nonsense 3D animation video he has to show?

T.A OrJI is a failure. In 8years as Gov when other states are boasting of Foreign Direct Investment from Multi-national Company, he is boasting of attracting Onitsha traders to Aba?

Where is Ihejirika?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by IGBOSON1: 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Oment7:

^^^Thanks Osment!

I posted this same clip sometime last year....together with ones planned for Owerri and Enugu! I thought of these same 3-D videos when i saw this thread, but when i read 'Mall' i said to myself it couldn't possibly be any of these since they're not technically malls as we know them to be!

This is nice, but it's not a mall!

Anything short of a big name like Julius Berger being contracted to build it, and we'll end up with another substandard T.A Orji project!
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by emmysoftyou: 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
RareDiamond:

Well, it is left for nairalanders who live close to the project to update us with pictures. People of Imo and Abia States are not loud mouthed people, so don't expect them to brag about the project.
you hav spoken well frm observation...
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by IGBOSON1: 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
waternogetemeny:
T.A Orji is a failure. In 8years as Gov this is the nonsense 3D animation video he has to show?

T.A OrJI is a failure. In 8years as Gov when other states are boasting of Foreign Direct Investment from Multi-national Company, he is boasting of attracting Onitsha traders to Aba?

Where is Ihejirika?

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by waternogetemeny: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Nwanne, I am very angry with some of our Politicians. The exceptions are Chime Sullivan and Stella Odua.

I don't know why GEJ is stopping Chime Sulllivan from taking over from Ekweremadu.

Chime has to be close-by either as a serving Minister or in the Senate, he really performed and I am proud of him.

In Three years as Minister for Aviation Stella turned Enugu into an Aviation Hub sacrificing her Job. Ndiigbo have not produced any minister like Stella both male or female. We are indebted to Stella Oduah.

All the rest are nonsense except Godwill Akpabio, that man is exceptional. Truly an uncommon transformer of our age.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by konjakonja(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
@ IGBOSON1 Bros,this is not a T A Orji project. I personally visited the site 2 months ago when I went to Aba and can attest that work is going on there day and night. The Procurement and inspection officer happens to be a very close family friend of mine. He is from Abiriba but I don't want to mention his name here. Believe me,the market will be ready before the end of March 2015

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by LordNaya: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2014
Oment7:

Wow !!! The mall is really beautiful, big and spacious.
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by Remarkable: 1:29am On Nov 26, 2014
so is the video posted a true and correct representation of the mega mall? (upon completion, that is).

any chance you can supply us with detailed pics? (if you have the connection you have told us that you have).

konjakonja:
@ IGBOSON1 Bros,this is not a T A Orji project. I personally visited the site 2 months ago when I went to Aba and can attest that work is going on there day and night. The Procurement and inspection officer happens to be a very close family friend of mine. He is from Abiriba but I don't want to mention his name here. Believe me,the market will be ready before the end of March 2015
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by Remarkable: 1:32am On Nov 26, 2014
Bro, what will you call the (3-D) building in the video, then?

And I hope you know there are different types of malls? strip mall being one of 'em.
IGBOSON1:

^^^Thanks Osment!

I posted this same clip sometime last year....together with ones planned for Owerri and Enugu! I thought of these same 3-D videos when i saw this thread, but when i read 'Mall' i said to myself it couldn't possibly be any of these since they're not technically malls as we know them to be!

This is nice, but it's not a mall!

Anything short of a big name like Julius Berger being contracted to build it, and we'll end up with another substandard T.A Orji project!
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:06am On Nov 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

the render used to here on nl.
you can Google it
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:09am On Nov 26, 2014
waternogetemeny:

Where is Ihejirika?

And what's wrong about Onitsha traders?
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by Kokorokoo: 3:57am On Nov 26, 2014
The project is powered by the private sector, as much as I know. T.a. orji has nothing to do with the mall.

waternogetemeny:

Where is Ihejirika?
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by konjakonja(m): 5:57am On Nov 26, 2014
Remarkable:
so is the video posted a true and correct representation of the mega mall? (upon completion, that is).

any chance you can supply us with detailed pics? (if you have the connection you have told us that you have).

The video is a correct representation of the mega mall,I'm a living witness to that.I will visit Aba next month, I promise to take pictures of the ongoing work there.
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by donmalcolm21(m): 6:05am On Nov 26, 2014
T
Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by maclatunji: 6:06am On Nov 26, 2014
This is a laudable project.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Businesses Look To Aba For South-east Corridor Expansion by IGBOSON1: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
maclatunji:
This is a laudable project.

^^^Just so long as it doesn't get K-leg and morph into a laughable one! sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio Misfires, Bombs Igbos / breaking: Heavy Jubilation In PH Over Appeal Court Ruling In Rivers State / Negotiations To Release More Chibok Girls Ongoing, Says Government Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.