Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan (1532 Views)

Write Boko Haram To End Attacks, As Youwrote ISIS, Oritsejafor Tells Sultan / Write Boko Haram To Stop Attacks, Oritsejafor Tells Sultan / Write Boko Haram To Stop Attacks, Oritsejafor Tells Sultan - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by tit(f): 1:09am On Nov 26, 2014
The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, on Monday urged the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, to write a letter to Boko Haram to stop their attacks just as he did to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

Oritsejafor made the call in Abuja at a 2-day roundtable with Senior Special Assistants on Religious Affairs from the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

“His Eminence said he wrote a letter to ISIS, I have to truly congratulate you for that because that was a very good move. I didn’t know about it until today and I am so glad it happened. But I want to appeal that you also write to Boko Haram because Boko Haram is worst than ISIS.

“They have killed more people than ISIS, they have caused more atrocities than ISIS; they need to be written to as well, it is very important it will help.

“I have made an appeal several times that there are some of our leaders who must come together, religious, political and traditional. They must come and discuss.’’

He also enjoined religious clerics, particularly those in the ‘good book’ of the militant sect to reach out to the leadership of the sect so that the real Islam could be presented to them instead of allowing them to continue to be misrepresenting Islam.

According to him, the militant sect will not listen to him, he will have joined the clerics in preaching peace to members of the terror group and the need to practice real Islam.

“I have heard and I may be wrong, one thing you will learn about me is that I’m usually not politically correct, but. I tell you the way I see it.

Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III
Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III

“But I have been told that the Boko Haram, to a very large extent, are very vast in scriptures. What scriptures do they use? There are still religious clerics that they respect.

“If these people are not presenting the right thing and are misrepresenting Islam, which I agree it is the case so to a very large extent, we agree that our brothers to reach them so that the real Islam can be presented to them. They won’t listen to me, in fact they will kill me faster than anything else, oh yes that is the truth and I am aware of that.”

He frowned at the inability of stakeholders to implement resolutions of the past inter-religious meetings.

The CAN president said that greater peace and harmony would have been achieved among the various religions in the country if lip-service had not been paid to the various resolutions of such meetings.

“But if we would come together, there must be sincerity, equality, fear of God and genuine love for one another. The problem with gatherings like this is that if we are not careful it becomes an occasion for good photographs, we shake hands, we talk very nicely, we are all politically correct. We don’t want to offend each other.

“Please let’s offend each other, we need to. Because if we don’t offend each other, we will not tell each other the truth and that is part of Nigeria’s problem.

“If you come out to say certain things there are those who feel you are rocking the boat but God is in the boat, the boat will not sink. Let us talk to each other, let’s tell the truth to each other, let’s not sweep it under the carpet.

“When we finish the opening ceremony and you go into the close door session, lay all the cards in the table.”

While querying why a church in the North in the last 30 years have not been able to get Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) for land, he said that any mosque or church should be able to get C of O anywhere in the country.

“Please, permit me to say this, why should a church in the north for the last 30 years not be able to get C of O? Any Mosque anywhere in Nigeria should be able to get a C of O. Why is it that people want to build a place of worship, they are not given a land?

“Those of you who represent these governors, I like what His Eminence said, tell your governors some of these things and if they refused, resign. Hopefully, people will ask why you are resigning. Because we must create a level-playing ground for everybody, we must deal with each other as equals, very important, very vital. No matter your religion, in any state you come from, if you qualified for a position you should get it.”

In his contribution, the Sultan said people must tell their leaders the truth to promote peace and harmony in the country.

According to him, there is no problem between Christianity and Islam.

He, however, acknowledged that there were problems between Christians and Muslims in the country due to lack of education on the two religions. “If we don’t tell our leaders the truth, they won’t know the problems. If we hear something here and go back to do something different, then we have failed.

“We must tell our leaders the right thing and not what they want to hear. Muslims and Christians at all levels must sit together and discuss and we must implement what we discuss. We must work with our Holy Scriptures.”

According to the Sultan, he has written a letter to those pushing for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) on why their action is against Islam, stressing that those carrying out bombings in Nigeria are not doing it for God.

He warned that the bombings and attacks might not end in the North-East if the right things were not done now.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/11/25/write-boko-haram-like-you-wrote-isis-oritsejafor-tells-sultan/

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by DVMtuppence(m): 1:13am On Nov 26, 2014
just incase
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by dunkem21(m): 1:27am On Nov 26, 2014
The season of writing letters again.
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by jigga40(m): 2:01am On Nov 26, 2014
The reincarnation of letter writing..........Leggo!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by Raiders: 2:37am On Nov 26, 2014
Why cant we Africans do away with these foreign religions called Islam and Christianity. These foreign religions has done nothing good for us but brought us violence and proverty. Its time for us to go back to the religion of our ancestors before the coming of the Arab and Europeans.
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by frodobee: 3:26am On Nov 26, 2014
Hey, for the first time, pastor blingy is ON POINT!
And please SLS do write that letter- I wonder how you left the wood in your eyes for the speck in another man's.
CONDEMN BH publicly and stop funding it PRIVATELY and all these deaths will end or atleast abate.

4 Likes

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by humpito(m): 3:40am On Nov 26, 2014
Religion is the opium of the people.
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by adekennis(m): 4:52am On Nov 26, 2014
Orishajefo should stfu angry
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by true2god: 6:26am On Nov 26, 2014
In summary, charity begins at home.

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by lonelydora: 6:30am On Nov 26, 2014
Another season of letter writing. Sultan is removing peck from other people's eye when he has a log of wood in his own eyes.

4 Likes

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by dokiOloye(m): 6:48am On Nov 26, 2014
Raiders:
Why cant we Africans do away with these foreign religions called Islam and Christianity. These foreign religions has done nothing good for us but brought us violence and proverty. Its time for us to go back to the religion of our ancestors before the coming of the Arab and Europeans.
Restrict urself to what U knw.Christianity as religion didn't bring us any bad thing,instead it brought us good things like education,healthcare,etc.A christian who is committing evil wil do it in his/her personal capacity not in Jesus' or God's name,unlike .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by pmc01(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2014
Well, I hope Mr. Oritsejafor will be charitable enough to deliver the letter to Boko Haram- I think they call that division of labour. Isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by Donrissy(m): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2014
Pastor ayo: when are you writing boko haram a letter Mr sultan sir?
Sultan: *clears throat* that cannnnn....ot be a problem, i just need to get a new pen and fresh ideas and you know these things take time. Just finished recent ideas on ISIS.
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by 9jii(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2014
If bokoharam are humans capable of reasoning,looking what they subjected others alone will make them stop. Not some letter from whoever
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by tit(f): 7:44am On Nov 26, 2014
9jii:
If bokoharam are humans capable of reasoning,looking what they subjected others alone will make them stop. Not some letter from whoever

you mean sultan wasted his time writing ISIS?

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by Samunique(m): 7:49am On Nov 26, 2014
Letter to ISIS? When ur own house is on fire?

Anyway they know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by gnykelly(m): 7:59am On Nov 26, 2014
CAN president lack decorum. he should advice GEJ on what to do.
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by gnykelly(m): 8:02am On Nov 26, 2014
CAN president lack decorum. he should advice GEJ on what to do. and stop creating enemies
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by asandigbo(f): 8:07am On Nov 26, 2014
see, them writing letter for peace to reign in another man's land while they are here fueling d crisis in their father's land. some people go school but dem no dey use their brain. nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by luvinhubby(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2014
gnykelly:
Please define decorum & relate it to pastor Ayo on how he lacks it?

3 Likes

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by Vitta: 8:19am On Nov 26, 2014
CAN president is on point here. Muslim are hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by Vitta: 8:28am On Nov 26, 2014
gnykelly:
You Muslims are the only enemy we have in this country. Who stop Sultan from advising GEJ on what to do? Instead he chose to chase rat while his house is on fire. God punish Muhammed (curse be upon him) and whoever introduced this blood sucking religion into the world

3 Likes

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by Scout60(m): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2014
That is not possible.....
They know what they are doing
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by BarryX(m): 8:53am On Nov 26, 2014
How the sultan can write a letter to ISIS and not BOKO HARAM is baffling if that's true.

That infers automatically that there is monkey hand in the soup!

I know BOKO won't exist if not encouraged by the powers that be

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by true2god: 8:54am On Nov 26, 2014
It is possible the sultan is taking his time before writing his letter to boko-haram. Or maybe he is looking for the right grammar and tenses that will suit the letter.

Pastor Ayo should cool down, he may write the letter before March 2015.
Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by 9jii(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2014
tit:

you mean sultan wasted his time writing ISIS?
You didn't hear mr orisajafor said bokoharam are worse than ISIS, is he lying?

1 Like

Re: Write Boko Haram Like You Wrote ISIS - Oritsejafor Challenges Sultan by gnykelly(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2014
Vitta:

You Muslims are the only enemy we have in this country. Who stop Sultan from advising GEJ on what to do? Instead he chose to chase rat while his house is on fire. God punish Muhammed (curse be upon him) and whoever introduced this blood sucking religion into the world

I'm a Muslim Nigeria belongs to you and i. this CAN President need to be educated about being a Commander in Chief. he follows the President everywhere he goes and keep informing him that the other guys is bad. peace process don't work that way. it will only create animosity towards each others.

peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

(raw Video + Photos) Shows As Explosions Hit Kano Central Mosque More Than 200 / Did You Receive The Inec Text Message For Spo, Po, And Apo Today? / 58 PROPHECIES FOR 2015 BY PROPHET GODSWILL ABBEY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.