Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

A Christmas Party - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Christmas Party (23681 Views)

A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / A Christmas Story: Waiting For Santa Claus / A Christmas Poem For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christmas Party by Kaymania(m): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
mariemummy:

Can't stop loving your stories. Always soooo real. Please keep writing dear. That is her own opinion. Still i follow
fl0w1759's fan spotted!
Re: A Christmas Party by murtaj(m): 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
nice update
Re: A Christmas Party by missviva(f): 6:30am On Dec 11, 2014
Wow safarigirl that was awesome! ‎​you have such a wonderful writing skill
Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 11, 2014
Just perfect!

Standd,have you seen this? Babes,if you've not. You are missing out.

Mods,please don't push this story to another section. Please,we beg you.
Re: A Christmas Party by halix239(f): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2014
pls do comtinue, loving it, mch love
Re: A Christmas Party by portable31(f): 8:06am On Dec 11, 2014
Wow! Felt all the emotion. Thanks Safarigirl.
Re: A Christmas Party by mickstique(f): 11:44am On Dec 11, 2014
powerful description i must say
Re: A Christmas Party by ethereal(f): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
grin grin undecidedWords fail me..safarigirl,u've done it yet again!..u are a masterpiece and I'll never understand how you can cook up something this mindblowing,awesome and spellbinding.d sexz scenes made my toes curl and ....lolllz.I bless d day I stumbled on ur stories.God bless you immensely!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
Jennimma:
Just perfect!

Standd,have you seen this? Babes,if you've not. You are missing out.

Mods,please don't push this story to another section. Please,we beg you.

*Bookmarked*
Thanks Jen
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
This had to be a nightmare of some sorts, yes, it was a bad nightmare she was sure to wake up from.

Claire sat in her bedroom staring into space as she thought of how fast her entire fantasy world had come crashing down. She wanted it all to be a really bad joke, some sort of weird April Fool prank that would be over by tomorrow. But it wasn't, she really had bleeped up this time, and there would be no make-up sex...well, not with Jeremy.

She replayed the events of last night in her head. After Jeremy had walked out with the LovePeddler, everyone had turned on her, first Susan, who had excused herself from the table after giving her a long disapproving look, and then Jonathan who had simply reminded her father of their golf game the next day and asked the butler to show them out when they were through.

Her father hadn't spoken to her their entire drive home, neither had her mother who had only been able to throw sympathetic looks her way. But she had gotten a good talking to the second they got into the house. Her father had damn near screamed the house down, accusing her of disgracing him in the presence of a family friend, being childish, and had ended his ranting by ordering her to apologize to Jeremy as soon as possible.

And then this morning, she had gone to Jeremy's condo for the sole purpose of apologizing...and more. She had gotten in with a duplicate key she had gotten without his knowledge, just in case she felt like throwing him a surprise. And dressed in nothing but her bra and panties under the trench coat she wore and a pair of six-inch heels, she had come with the full intention to surprise him. Only, she was the one who met the surprise once she stepped into the house. She didn't need to go far to know what had happened the night before, the unfinished drinks, the sight of a female's top- no, the top that little tramp had been wearing the night before and a blue bra, told all there was to tell.

Still, she had refused to believe what her eyes took in, in her foolishness she wanted to investigate further, to know without doubts if her suspicion was right. So she had proceeded to move upstairs to his bedroom. She had only opened the door slightly, but what she saw left her breathless and almost paralyzed her.

There he was, her Jeremy, her future husband, her man. HERS! In bed with the cheap sl--ut, he looked so peaceful, she was molded against him, his large body spooning her smaller one. Unable to think of anything better to do, she just banged the door shut, loud enough to awake the occupants of the room and dashed out of the house in tears.

As she thought of the sight, she could feel the tears pooling and cascading down her eyes. Things weren't supposed to go this way, they were supposed to have a happy ever after, she and Jeremy. All of this was wrong.

She wiped her eyes defiantly, if she wouldn't get her happy ever after with Jeremy, she was going to make sure no one else did.

With that in mind, she picked up her phone, the number Lee-Anne had gotten from the wench's phone would be useful after all.c

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
Donny dried off his dark hair as he walked out of the bathroom. He had slept in a bad mood and woke up in a worse one.

He still didn't understand why Kachi would scold him or even choose that bastard over him. Save for Christmas, New Year was the only other holiday he knew he and Kachi kept sacred. They spent it together, nothing, absolutely NOTHING kept them apart on New Year's eve and day...well, until now.

He frowned, remembering how she had blown him off last night, he didn't deserve that. He had been nothing but a good, listening, understanding friend to her for nine years, the least she could've done was be a little nicer.

Why was he complaining? He had said he was okay with being just friends, hadn't he? Truth was, he wasn't okay with being just friends, he wanted to be more, he needed to be. There was no other woman for him in this life, it HAD to be Kachi, and Kachi was made solely for him. They were soul mates. Why couldn't she see past the suave and wealth of Mr. Vice President? Sure he was good-looking, but he wasn't lacking in the looks department as well, he wasn't as rich as he was, but he would try to give her the best things in life, he just needed to get her to see that he was her true love.

The sound of his phone ringing brought him out of his reverie, he found the gadget tucked in the pocket of the pants he had on last night. Taking it out, he looked at the caller ID, it was a new number. His first instinct was to let it ring until whoever it was realized it was a wrong number, but on second thought, he pressed the receive button.

"Yes?" he began coldly.

"Is this Donny?" a female voice asked from the other end.

He raised his brow at the sound of the unfamiliar voice, "Yes. Who's this?"

"A friend." was her simple reply.

4 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
Kinda short tho...i belive you'd update in the morning. Keep it coming.
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
Claire looked at her wrist watch. 7:22. What kind of dolt had she set up a meeting with? How hard was it to locate the ritziest restaurant in the entire city? She had been clear when she gave him the name and address- which was totally unnecessary. Everyone knew this place- well, everyone who was someone.

Going by the class of friends he had. She could understand if he didn't know the place, they probably hung out in some crappy restaurant she'd never be caught dead in.

She snorted.

The shit she had to go through to get what she wanted. The end of all this better justified the means; if she had to be seen with a nobody, it better be worth it.

She took out her ipad and began fiddling with it idly to pass the time and avoid the curious eyes of the other customers, it wasn't everyday a pretty girl like herself sat alone. She smiled at that thought, at least others acknowledged her beauty.

She was going through some dresses on a fashion blog when she heard a cough. She looked up and was momentarily stunned at the sight of the brown-haired hottie she was staring at, he looked every bit an Abercrombie, sure his outfit of choice; stone-washed blue jeans and a fitted grey polo, was far from fashionable or even appropriate for this restaurant, but his looks definitely made up for any fashion flaw. Sure not the loser you're expecting. She thought to herself- but that didn't mean she couldn't flirt and have him as company, who knows? He could be a good way to temporarily forget about Jeremy, he looked like a good prospect, a man as big as him ought to have a long, thick...

"Claire Gareth?" she heard him ask.

He knew her name? How...? Damn! He had a sexy voice too.

She smiled flirtatiously, "Who wants to know?" she asked in her best Marilyn Monroe voice.

Donny nearly laughed at this walking Barbie doll's attempt at being sexy. It was no wonder Jeremy didn't want her, he wouldn't want a vain plastic doll either. She was pretty, he would give her that, but according to what he presently saw and how she had addressed him until now- like he was some scumbag she was trying to help- he figured her looks were as good as it got for her.

"Donny Iliamson, Kachi's friend"

No way! That greedy little skank! She had this swooning over her and she still went after her Jeremy? Some people would just never be content with what they had...then again, her Jeremy was wealthy, Abercrombie here looked like he was just as broke as his gold digging friend, at least he wasn't totally useless. He seemed like he would have other 'talents'

"Um...may I sit? People are starting to stare" Donny said, he didn't feel comfortable with her staring at him like he was on the menu, and in honest just wanted to be through with this meeting and leave.

She had called him two days ago and told him she was Jeremy's fiancée, he didn't believe her, but what the hell? She wanted Jeremy, he wanted Kachi, they weren't making head way with their respective efforts, a team up would be a welcome arrangement if they got what they wanted, so he was perfectly okay playing along with her imaginary role.

"Sure." she replied. He sat across from her, his large frame making the chair and table seem much smaller- and taking her mind back to the possible size of his di...

"So, what's the plan?"

"Well, first we order something to eat."

"Order?" Donny asked with raised brows. He definitely hadn't come here to eat tasteless, over-priced meals that wouldn't even fill him up, the kind of food served here was solely for skinny, diet crazed females (and a few males)- like Claire, "I thought we were here for a plan."

She scoffed, "Well I can't come up with a brilliant plan on an empty stomach." she didn't get him, most men would be itching to be in his position right now, yet here he was acting like she was some leprosy victim he needed to get away from, it was her reputation that could be damaged by this fraternization, not his

Brilliant plan? He doubted any amount of food would make her conjure anything more than a mediocre plan, she didn't strike him as one who was remotely brilliant. He shrugged, if he had to put up with her to achieve his aim, so be it, "Fine then." he grumbled as he picked up the menu.

His eyes bulged at the prices of the meals; a bottle of water here could get him a large cappuccino and two croissants in the coffee shop he hung out with Kachi and Phi. His brows furrowed as his thoughts suddenly went to who would be paying. He looked above the menu at Claire who was glancing through the menu and humming like she was only doing this for formalities, he could bet she knew the price of every meal like the back of her hand.

Her eyes caught his, and as though reading his mind, she played down his fears, "No worries, the bill is on me."

Better. He thought to himself, and by the appalled look on her face, he had probably muttered it too.

Their waiter, a scrawny guy with scanty, brown hair who reminded Donny of himself when he was much younger, came to take their orders. By the way he looked Claire over and spoke with no enthusiasm whatsoever, it was evident they didn't have a good history, he wondered why.

Watching her give her order like the mere presence of the guy would upset her bowels, he could see why she wasn't his favorite customer, even he was getting sick just sitting across from her.

"You know you shouldn't talk to people like that." he commented once the waiter left their table.

She glared at him, slightly offended that this nobody would call her out on her manners, "Meaning?" she snapped.

"Meaning you should address people more respectfully." he stated, his tone failed to relay how pissed he was that she would dare to use that tone with him.

She scoffed, "He's the one who took this job, he'll take whatever he gets."

Donny wanted to verbally tear her assss up for that statement, instead he bit his tongue, he would get that chance some other time, not here and not now.

"Just tell me this plan you've got to break them up." his tone told her he was sick of her bullshit, he didn't have the patience to sit next to a woman who was begging for a smack down however way possible. It annoyed him to see people being mistreated, especially those who were smaller in stature, the sight hit a little too close to home.

"Like I said we eat first..."

"Bullshit! I didn't come here to phucking eat and share the grace alright?"

Claire jumped at the hardness of his voice; it was just as scary as it was strangely arousing. She could feel her body tingle in anticipation, oh she was going to have this man alright, he may not be good for anything more, and she did find him uncultured and totally abrasive, but that didn't mean she couldn't play with him, bulldogs had owners too.

"Tell me what you have in mind or I will leave. Now." he said firmly, his tone leaving no doubts that he meant every word he said.

Leave? He couldn't leave...well not until she got a feel of what he had in his pants. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat to ease the throbbing between her legs. She made up her mind to stall him as much as she could.

"Okay, okay." she said testily, "I was thinking, we could set them against each other." she said.

Donny stared at her, waiting for more, when it seemed like nothing was coming, he had to ask, "And?" he didn't get it, of course they would set them against each other, how else were they to break up if not by being against each other? It didn't take a genius to figure that out, what he wanted to know was how they were to set them against each other.

"Well feel free to contribute." she replied sarcastically.

Donny found himself wondering if he really had to sit through all of this, it was obvious Barbie here was just as plastic and dumb as the doll itself. He grumbled thinking of how quickly he had jumped at an opportunity to meet with a fellow conspirator without getting any basic idea on what she had in mind, she obviously had nothing.

He stood up to leave but was stopped by Barbie.

"Wait!" Claire said, her voice held just a tinge of desperation.

He turned. The look in his electric brown eyes sent a ripple through her body that came at a juncture between her legs. She closed her eyes briefly, looking at him brought the wrong thoughts streaming into her head, not wrong wrong, just wrong like at-the-moment wrong. She needed to say something to keep him- not just anything, but something smart.

"So?" he asked testily.

"I was thinking I could seduce Jeremy." she began.

"How?"

"Well sit and let me finish."

Donny sat back in his chair with a sigh, "Okay."

She smiled, "I can get him drunk and seduce him, we put up a video camera and tape the entire session, then send it to Kachi."

"Get him drunk? How drunk can you get him to make him phuck you?" Donny asked. He thought about two to three packs of beer, even he would have to be really stoned to kiss her.

Lucky for him, Claire didn't understand his comment for what it was. Reading it to mean an imperfect plan, she thought a little harder...and then it hit her, "Or, we could drug him, I have an insider in the company who can make sure his coffee is drugged, then getting him to sleep with me without seeming drunk would be much easier." she rambled on.

For the first time in probably ever she really felt smart. She had never had any cause to actually think up any plan, but as she informed Donny of this one, she felt more and more convinced that it could work.

Donny thought a bit, finally admitting to himself that there may be a semblance of a brain lodged somewhere in Barbie's head after all. He imagined how distraught Kachi would be, she had always been a stickler for honesty and faithfulness, and though many would call that part of her a weakness- hell even he had always thought so- she wasn't one to actually investigate further before making conclusions.

As far as she was concerned, seeing is believing, she didn't care to know how, when or where, she just took things as she saw them. He almost smiled knowing that she wouldn't take Jeremy's explanations- she probably wouldn't even ask..and him? He would be just where he belonged, right by her side.

"Hmm..." he began thoughtfully, "That just might work."

"So we work together?" she asked with a large grin, not just in anticipation of the demise of 'Kacheremy', but also being in close quarters to the gorgeous man in front of her.

Donny nodded, he stretched his hand out to her, "Let's shake on it."

Claire only smiled with a glint in her eyes, she didn't accept his shake, she had other ways they could seal the deal.

3 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 7:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
To call or not to call. That is the question.

Phi stared at the piece of paper that held Keith's number, it was now worn out from days of being scrunched up, unfolded, scrunched up again, and unfolded again. She knew she had been given the go-ahead by Kachi, but still....

She wasn't used to this...this....style. She wanted to call him, but she remained unsure, she didn't want to seem desperate or eager. She had thought of giving it a few days, five days had passed now and she was nowhere near dialing the first digit of his number, whatever was stopping her, she honestly couldn't say, but she just couldn't call...Kachi would definitely laugh at her, the bold, daring, Phumi Khumalo, the one who claimed to have flashed a professor in class, the one who flirted with anything in pants- and sometimes skirts, the one who planned to get married in a bar, couldn't even call some dude...even she wanted to laugh at her own self, what a joke she must seem.

She sighed, that deep sigh of longing she had gotten used to recently, and tucked the number back in the pocket of her coat. She made her way to the kitchen, looking at the wall clock on her way, it was just past five. Too early for dinner, she didn't even know what dinner was going to be.

"Might just go to Kachi's, she always has something." she muttered to herself. One of the perks of being friends with Kachi was a guaranteed meal whenever anyone dropped by. She didn't think it was on purpose, but 98% of the time, Kachi cooked more than she could finish. Donny was usually the lucky one who got to eat most of the left-over, even he wouldn't admit it, but she knew Donny rarely cooked because Kachi was sure to have something for him.

A slight knock came at her door, interrupting her thoughts. She went to it and opened to find Kachi at her door. She frowned, "You're not at home?"

"Well I'm at your door so....anything the matter?"

Phi's frown eased, she opened her door wider, "Nothing. I just thought I'd drop by this evening."

"And eat free food, right?" Kachi asked as she stepped into the house.

Phi smiled sheepishly, "Thank God you know."

The two women crashed onto Phi's couch and sighed in unison. They stared at the air without speaking for a long while, it was a weird act, but they did have those moments when they went silent after a brief conversation, that moment they spent preparing their thoughts for release, and when the release came it was usually long.

"So, how are your legs?" Phi asked with a smirk.

Kachi shot a glare her way, but smiled it away as she tossed a pillow playfully at a laughing Phi, "You're a very stupid girl I swear"

Phi just kept laughing, "The first two days after your 'retirement', I almost thought I would have to get you a walking stick or even a wheelchair" she joked.

Kachi had relayed to Phi everything that had happened between she and Jeremy, she had no choice really, her body told the tale of good lovin' her man had given her, five days later she could still feel every stroke he had taken within her...well she had gotten a repeat performance two days ago.

She smiled to herself as she remembered it all.

He had invited her to his office, even going to work had been awkward, she had gotten an odd feeling that everyone knew she had slept with Jeremy- no one gave the impression that they had, but she likened it to the feeling one got after stealing from the family kitchen or something, she had laughed at herself for being childish, but she couldn't shake off that feeling.

When she got to his office, the look on her Jeremy's face told her all she needed to know. If the whole office didn't know they had slept together previously they would definitely know now.

"Hellooooo."

Kachi snapped out of her flashback when she noticed Phi's fingers snapping in her face.

"What?"

Phi gave her a concerned look, "Okay, I knew he was good, but I never thought he was that good. Chic you need to break up with him if he's making you lose concentration like this, it's not healthy."

Kachi shook her head with a smile, "Who told you I'm thinking about him?"

"Mm hmm. Why are you blushing then?"

Kachi hissed, "Don't even start with me this evening, I'm not in the mood. I came to ask you about something"

"What about?"

Kachi was quiet for a brief moment, "Donny." she sighed.

Phi raised curious brows, "What about Donny?" she asked as she crossed her legs Indian-style in preparation for what she assumed would be an interesting story.

"I did something...something really bad. At least I think so, I just want to know if you think it's bad."

"What is it?"

Kachi went on to relay to Phi all that had happened on Christmas Eve, from Donny's dropping by, to the stare-down he had with Jeremy and then their consequent argument when Jeremy left.

Once she was through, she stared at Phi, waiting for her judgment as she chewed her lower lip.

"Hmm." Phi began thoughtfully. She was starting to like this position as special adviser to Kachi, not that she liked that Kachi was so confused, but it was nice to not be the only person with drama. She was younger than Kachi, still, she sometimes felt like an elder sister with her, "I think you screwed up just a teeny weeny bit."

Kachi's shoulders slumped, "I did, didn't I?" she sulked, "Time for damage control."

"Ultra-damage control."

"You think he'll accept my apology if I take some food along?" food had always worked with Donny, but she couldn't remember being at odds with him to this extent, their usual disagreements were trivial, but this wasn't one of those 'you stood me up' arguments, this was much deeper.

Phi nodded vigorously, "If nothing else works, that surely will. Donny's a sucker for your cooking."

"But this isn't one of our little disagreements."

Phi shrugged, "Well make him a bigger meal, pack up an extra-large picnic basket if you will, but trust me, food WILL work."

Kachi thought about Phi's reply, the more she thought about it, her brain went into work-mode as she thought of the various dishes she could prepare. Maybe food would work after all. She sat up in excitement, her current sorrows now forgotten temporarily

" In fact I even wanted to ask you about that your guy, how far with him?" Kachi asked Phi in a swift change of subject.

"Which guy?"

"Eminem of course, or have you forgotten him already? What happened to 'I've never felt so good'?" Kachi asked imitating Phi.

Phi tossed a pillow at her playfully, and then sulked, "I can't call him."

"Did you lose his number?"

"No" she shrugged her shoulders, "I just..I'm scared." she admitted almost shamefully.

Kachi gave her a look of surprise, which turned to one of amusement and then all out laughter, "You? Scared? Wonders have finally ended! What happened to the baddest of the bad? I never knew you and scared could be in the same sentence."

Phi shook her head, "It's not like that Kay."

"How is it then?" Kachi asked, her head cocked like she was waiting for a really good explanation. She didn't understand why Phi would relent in calling a man she so confessed to being attracted to, she had never known her to be a coward or indecisive even. Normal Phi just jumped into stuff and faced the consequences later- after the fun was over.

Phi sighed as her mind tried to come up with a sensible explanation- not just sensible, but one she agreed with, "I don't know if this will make sense Kachi, but..." she released a deep sigh before continuing, "I don't want him to be just a fling, I don't want him to see me as just a fling, and I feel like calling him so early...I might come off as some desperate, Hot, bitch-in-heat, sex-starved..."

"I get it, just go on."

Phi smiled, "Anyway, I know I've not known him for too long, but I really like him, looks and attraction aside, and I want....more."

Kachi nodded. She knew where Phi was coming from, hell, she was surprised Phi was even thinking in that direction, she really had never known Phi to be one for commitment, her anthem usually went 'love em and leave em', her mind was made up that one man could never stick to one woman, so she would rather do the dumping than wait to get dumped.

"Wow, I never knew you could like a man like that." Kachi spoke like she was having an epiphany.

Phi chuckled, "TMI huh?"

"No, it's just a lot to take in when it's coming from you."

Phi buried her face in her hands with a shy smile, "I feel so silly Kachi, like some love-struck teenager."

"I know how you feel." she replied as she rubbed Phi's back.

A light knock came at Phi's door, ending their little moment, "Who could that be?" Kachi asked.

Phi shrugged, "I don't know." she stood up and went to the door, "Who's there?" she got no reply. She unlocked the door and opened it warily, she peeked outside and noticed a rectangular-shaped item by the door. She opened up fully and stepped outside.

"Who is it Phi?" she heard Kachi asked from inside.

She looked on both sides of the street, perhaps someone had dropped a package at the wrong door, "I don't know." She replied. She studied the wrapped item, her eyes looking around the area again. Just then, she caught a glimpse of...was that Keith? She couldn't quite say, he was standing at a far distance and the street wasn't illuminated enough to get a clear view. He winked at her and then walked away, that confident stride gave him away.

She shook her head, her lips formed in a grin as she took the wrapped item and went into the house, locking up again.

"What's that?" Kachi asked.

"I don't know."

"Who brought it?"

"I can guess" she replied with a sly smile as she found a paper cutter inside a drawer and returned to Kachi and the waiting item. She proceeded to open up the item which had to be at least 3 ft. long. She tore up the paper, the first thing she saw was apparently, the back of a portrait, there was a note on it.

"In my eyes?" she asked, reading the three words in confusion.

"Turn it around, let's see" Kachi said excitedly.

Phi turned it around and her eyes- and Kachi's widened at the sight before them. There was a portrait of Phi sitting in front of a vanity mirror, her only item of clothing? A sheet that covered her bre--asts, her lower body wasn't in view, but her back was bare, she had on a seductive smile, and her eyes relayed pure happiness.

"Wow, he's got an imagination." Kachi commented, her eyes taking in the view before her, even she didn't know what Phi looked like barely clothed, and she had never wanted to know, "Well, we know how he feels about you." she added, repeating the same comment Phi had made to her some days ago.

She looked down at the bottom of the portrait and the name written was 'Eminem' a smile grew on her lips. It might not have been what anyone would consider morally right, but just the fact that he had made her her own portrait warmed her heart, most people couldn't even boast of having one, and here she was getting a beautiful portrait from a beautiful man.

"I guess he got tired of waiting for your call, doesn't look like one who's interested in just a fling either"

Phi unconsciously traced the lines of the drawing, it was perfect, from the shades to the hue, even the little details like the items on the vanity mirror were paid their attention.

"It's lovely" she breathed.

Kachi reached for Phi's phone which sat on a side table and handed it to her, "I think you have a number to dial." She smiled. Now she was excited for Phi, it was about time she found someone who really liked her.

4 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by gal10(f): 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Claire and donny should be together ooo and leave jeremy n kachi jare... Safarigirl u try kiss kiss Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by SusannaJohnson(f): 12:49am On Dec 12, 2014
*ghost mode deactivated*. Read for almost three hours straight, Safarigirl not only tried, she's d best. I love her, my interest in her stories were starting to diminish b4 I discovered dis story yesterday. Was so stunned, I had to read into another day. Safari girl, u got me struck on dis one, that I had to forget my anxiousness nd mild irritation for not getting updates for your other stories nd focus on this one. U r really one amazingly sweet writer. Ride on, following eagerly.

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 6:46am On Dec 12, 2014
This wasn't right.

Donny was unsure which though; this little scheme he had with Claire, or the fact that he thought it was wrong. He should be happy, by tomorrow, Claire would have carried out the plan, successfully, he hoped. By the next week, the tape would have been delivered to Kachi, and she would have been through with everything Jeremy Blaire by the end of the week. It was a foolproof plan, best of which, he wouldn't be implicated in any way, still, it left a terrible feeling in the pit of his stomach and made him question his loyalty and integrity as a friend- as Kachi's best friend.

If things were the other way around and he had fallen in love, Kachi would have supported him, whether she liked the girl or not. He remembered vividly, she hadn't always been on good terms with Mildred, no, Mildred absolutely hated her, but she had never said a bad word about her, thinking he really liked her. She had been happy for him, truly happy, shouldn't it follow then that when she found someone that made her happy, he should also be happy for her?

Not only had he gone into an agreement with that bitter bi--tch Claire, he had even had sex with her too...that was her idea of sealing the agreement. There was nothing exactly memorable about it, well, she gave good head, but that was about it- it was nothing stellar, just good, the sex was mediocre at most, he had shagged her in every position he could think of- and any she could too. She wasn't exactly tight- well, not as tight as he imagined Kachi to be.....damn it! He was still thinking about her, how difficult was it to get her out of his mind? Then again, it had to be one helluva task to get someone he had loved for close to a decade off his mind.

It would take more than an all-night tryst with a cheap bimbo that was for sure. Even the thought that he had slept with Claire made him disgusted, like he was some loser that was only good for Jeremy's left-over.

He shook his head with one resolve, he didn't want in anymore. If Jeremy and Kachi were going to break-up, it was going to be because it was meant to be, not due to some calculated plan. If he and Kachi were meant to be, he would get her fair and square, not by default or any form of foul play.

He stood up and went into his room to get his phone, but before he could get there, he heard the sound of his doorbell. He dragged himself lazily to the door, he didn't need any visitors right now, he didn't want to see anyone.

"Who's there?" he asked, he was all set to tell whoever it was to come back later and feign some communicable illness or something.

"Donny, it's Kachi."

Well, there was always an exception- she would always be the exception.

He swung open the door and grinned from ear to ear at the sight before him. She was carrying a large picnic basket and he could guess what was inside.

She smiled sheepishly at him, food was always a hit after all, "Hey." she began, "May I come in?"

"Yeah." He replied as he made way for her entrance. She stepped in, as she passed by him, he caught a whiff of Beyonce's Heat. He had gotten it for her two months ago to celebrate her new job, after her first day at work, she hadn't worn it anymore. Something was definitely going on, and he was loving where it was heading.

"I came to apologize." she blurted out as soon as they were in his sitting room. She went on, intent on spilling her every thought before he had the chance to speak, "What I did on New Year's eve. It was wrong, I should've called to cancel, I shouldn't have gone off on you like that, I just...I'm sorry." she completed with a whoosh.

He smiled.

And here he was being the disgruntled, vengeful ex-bestie. If only she knew how happy that apology made him, the food alone was enough to forgive all wrongs, the apology was just a bonus. He had been a bit terrified that she may never speak to him after his little performance that night, once he had reigned in his rampant emotions, he had been able to point out his faults- actually all of that happened a few hours ago, once the bitterness was washed away and reality came back to him.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have been so inconsiderate..."

"No, I was.."

"Shh." he said softly, he moved a bit closer, "Let's accept we were both wrong." he said with finality.

She smiled and nodded, "Sure."

"Hug?"

A grin formed on her beautiful lips as she walked into his waiting arms and receive his warm hug, "I missed you." she muttered against him.

"Same here."

He ended their embrace reluctantly, he loved the feel of her soft body pressed against his, but he reminded himself that she wasn't his and he had to respect her choice.

"I guess the food won't be necessary anymore." she said with a teasing smile.

"Oh no." he snatched the basket from her, "It's highly necessary." he laughed.

As they opened the basket, his eyes and nose were on high alert as he all but worshipped the variety of dishes in the basket, from Monagesque dishes, to American dishes, she had even made some jollof rice. Well, if this was her apology basket, he thought it would be beneficial if she could offend him more often.

They ate together, both discussing everything they could think of under the sun. Even as he laughed and joked around with his best friend, Donny knew there was something else that had to be said, but first off, he had an important call to make.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 6:49am On Dec 12, 2014
Claire tapped slender, manicured fingers against her desk. Why was she so unfortunate? Was she cursed to be among fools? Cowards, untrustworthy little pus--sies. He didn't even have to do squat, this was all her plan, she was the one who would do the difficult part. All the bonehead had to do was keep Kachi occupied once the deed was done.

But no, that was too much to ask of that eediot. How dare he? Did he really think he could just out her like that? Their agreement wasn't even 3 days old, and he had already chickened out with that silly excuse about him being her best friend and loyalty and blah blah blah, like she cared about all that bullshit.

And to think she had even thought of him as a good replacement for Jeremy, how delusional a good phuck could make one. So much for that thought.

She snorted.

Well, good riddance, she was going to do what she was going to do, Donny or no Donny. He had attempted to talk some sense into her, to make her revert her decision, but sense was something she had no use for when she felt she was being cheated out of her rightful possession.

She picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Miss Gareth..."

"Do you have the drugs?"

"Yes ma'am, I've gotten them, I..."

"Don't forget to slip it in his coffee tomorrow morning."

"Of course Miss Gareth, may I ask..."

"Call me once it's done."

"Yes ma'am." the voice replied meekly, now registering the message that Claire only wanted to hear affirmations and nothing else.

"Goodbye."

"Yes ma'am."

"One more thing Lee-Anne."

"Yes, Miss Gareth?"

"If by any chance you fail to drug his coffee, or he discovers your involvement, make sure you keep my name out of it, or you'll have yourself to blame for any repercussions. Are we clear?" she asked menacingly.

"Yes ma'am." Lee-Anne squeaked. She was truly terrified of Claire, the woman had the power to make sure she never found another job in the entire city. Getting caught would mean facing Jeremy's wrath, but whatever Jeremy would do to her would only be a pat on the head compared to what Claire was sure to do.

"Glad we have an understanding." Claire said and then dropped the phone.

She smiled to herself at the upset she was soon to cause. Oh, Jeremy and that little who--re would never know what hit them. Nobody, absolutely no one used Claire Gareth and dumped her.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 6:50am On Dec 12, 2014
Jeremy shook his head in an effort to wipe the hazy feeling he was having.

He had been in this state for over half an hour now and was starting to think he had perhaps overworked himself.

It was just a few minutes past five and save for himself, the cleaners and three other staff who were working overtime, the entire office was cleared.

But overworking had never gotten him this weak, he could barely see the numbers on his screen. He stood up, his eyes briefly met the cup of coffee sitting on his desk, perhaps he had taken too much of that. He needed to get home and get some rest- if he could even drive home in this state.

He grabbed his jacket and dragged himself to the door, he opened it to see Lee-Anne's cheery face, beaming at him- two of them. He shook his head, what could he have possibly eaten to get so blurry-eyed?

"Mr. Blaire, I was going to ask when you would be.."

"I'm leaving now Lee-Anne." he slurred as he stumbled past her.

"Are you okay, Mr. Blaire?"

Jeremy placed his hand on her desk to steady himself. What had he taken? He tried to remember what he had had for breakfast; waffles, bacon and eggs and some coffee, nothing he was allergic to. He hadn't had lunch, and he definitely hadn't had anything alcoholic.

He looked up at Lee-Anne who was looking at him with concern.

"Do you need someone to take you home sir?"

"Yes, yes Lee-Anne that would be much appreciated." he replied as he crashed onto a nearby chair. He sighed deeply, dragging his hand across his face as he heard Lee-Anne speaking to someone on her phone. The only thing he could gather was that the person was female, but nothing else, she didn't mention a name and he couldn't make out the actual discussion- it was brief anyways. By the time she was through, he was drifting into unconsciousness and couldn't really care who got him home, as long as he got there safely.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2014
"Phi, please get the door." Kachi said from the kitchen.

Phi grumbled as she dragged herself off the couch, unwilling to miss even a second of Desperate Housewives, especially as Gabrielle's scene was on. She craned her neck unsuccessfully to see what was going on even as she walked to the door, she swiftly went to the door and flung it open, intent on growling at whoever had caused her to miss scenes she dubbed 'highly important', but she was least prepared for who she met at the door.

"Ai, ai, papi, I don't know what quest you're on sexy, but you just found your princess." she said as she eyed up the tall, chocolate hunk at the door. He looked to be about 6 ft. 1", he had broad shoulders and nice, strong arms that filled his short-sleeved shirt, he reminded her of a younger version of that guy in Salt, Chiwetel Ejiofor, only his hair was in a low-cut and he was a few shades darker.

He had on an amused smile, "Lemme guess, Phumi?"

She gasped as she placed her hand against the left-side of her chest, "Oh my goodness! He even knows my name. How the fates have blessed me with my very own Prince Charming."

Ugo's smile grew to full on laughter at that comment. This woman really was the clown Kachi made her to be, "I must be in the right place then, is Kachi home?"

Phi frowned, "Could it be my Prince's heart belongs to another?"

She watched him toss his head back in laughter as he held his rib, his laughter was rich and inviting, just how she thought a man should laugh, "Please, where is my sister?" he asked.

"Phi, who's at the..." Kachi began as she went to the door. Phi had been there a little too long, "Ugo!" she squealed as she jumped into her elder brother's arms and he held her in a tight embrace.

He pecked her cheek as he gently placed her back on her feet, "How are you?" he began.

"I'm fine." She replied, her smile unwavering, "You didn't tell me you would be visiting."

"I wanted to surprise you." he replied, "Your friend is a character." he added as he smiled at Phi. Who now looked a bit confused.

Kachi smiled, now looking at Phi, "I told you." She replied, "Ugo, this is my really really close friend, Phumi, Phumi, my immediate elder brother, Ugo."

"Nice to finally meet you Phumi, Kachi has told me a lot about you." he began, "And they all seem to be true." he added as he shook her.

Phi blushed, "Trust me, your sister has a few lies under her belt." she said. She had never met any of Kachi's brothers, sure she had heard about them from both Kachi and Donny, while Kachi spoke with love and endearment, Donny was with respect, but none of them had said how handsome they were. She supposed she should have expected this, but Kachi was so small, and her brother much bigger, that much was unexpected.

Kachi feigned shock, "Phumi! I would never tell a lie." She said as they went back into the house.

They sat together, talking extensively on Ugo's visit. Turned out he was in Ohio on transfer, before Kachi could get an attack, he assured her that he planned to stay with a close friend until he could finalize his move into an apartment, so he wouldn't be invading her space or anything.

"So, what's been going on with you and Donny Kachi?" he asked.

Kachi didn't immediately reply, her first thoughts were that the question had a suggestive undertone, like he thought they should be dating, "Donny's at home, we've been doing well." Kachi replied as she munched on a cake, a large cup of ice-cream in her lap.

"Maybe you could take me to his place. It's been a while." Ugo commented, he was the closest to Donny among all of Kachi's brothers, mostly because they were around the same age, he was only two years older.

Kachi nodded, "That will be tomorrow, but Phi can take you if you have to see him today."

"I can even take you if you want to go tomorrow." Phi added as she thought of all the places she could take him to. In her mind's eye, she could imagine walking with him down the street and introducing him to her female friends as her brother. It was something she loved doing when she was much younger, if she was friends with a good-looking guy, she would tell everyone he was her brother, or cousin, or a relative. She would've done same with Donny, but his race made it impossible to pass him off as a relative no matter how hard she tried- that, and he was never down with that anyway.

"That would be nice. I would like that very much. Thank you Phi." Ugo replied with a grin.

Kachi scoffed, "Don't think you can just come here and toast my friend."

"Am I complaining?" Phi interjected, "I don't mind if you toast me." she said to Ugo.

"When Eminem finds out, your middle name will be 'sorry'"

Ugo's eyes drifted between the two women, "Eminem? Who's Eminem?"

"He's one of Phi's very insistent customers." Kachi replied with a glint in her eyes, she winked at Phi.

"Interesting. So, what about yours?" he asked, the question was obviously directed at Kachi.

Before Kachi could get a word out of her mouth, Phi jumped in, apparently wanting to get back her pound of flesh, "Hmm, in fact you'll have to rest very well before we can begin that gist."

"Ehn ehn!" Ugo began in wonder, "So it's that serious."

"Even more, do you know..."

"It's enough please" Kachi interjected, she had a nagging feeling that if she allowed Phi to go any further, she was going to spill more than she could explain. She planned to tell Ugo and eventually her entire family, all about Jeremy, but not quite yet.

She knew when the time came she'd have some explaining to do, Jeremy was nothing like what her father envisioned for her; he wasn't a lawyer, he wasn't African, and he definitely wasn't fluent in Igbo. She shrugged to herself, she would cross that bridge when she got there...and she didn't think it would be anytime soon.

"Oh, so the story is only interesting when it's about me"

"Abeg I didn't come here to act as referee in a mouth-off." Ugo said as he stood up. He looked at Kachi, noting the bowl of ice-cream and the cake by her side, "This one you're eating as if you plan to enroll for a judo tournament. I hope all is well."

Kachi shrugged as she shoved another scoop of ice-cream in her mouth and swallowed, "Isn't it my money I used to buy it? Did I borrow any from you?"

"I'm just asking. I wasn't even aware you liked strawberry ice-cream" he commented, "Are you sure you're okay?" his voice was now laced with concern, noticing for the first time the difference in her looks. She really didn't seem that different if he went by the pictures he had seen of her on her Instagram page two weeks ago. She might have gained a pound or two, but it wasn't something that should disturb him, it was the way she ate the cake and licked the ice-cream- like a starved traveler, that bothered him.

"Ugo, I said I'm okay, or do you want to examine me?"

"Don't mind her." Phi said, "she's been eating like a hog the entire week, you need to open her fridge to understand what I mean."

"I've just had a healthy appetite recently, is that so bad?"

Ugo shrugged, "Nobody has said so, it's just..." he began, but on second thought, he stopped the words, there was no need to drag this any further, if she said she was okay, he believed her, "...in fact, I'm off to Richard's place. Let me get settled before it gets late" he sighed as he dragged himself off the couch. It was only now that the full effect of the jet-lag weighed on him, if he stayed any longer, he was sure to spend the night here, and Richard would roast him if he was a day later than agreed.

"Will you come over tomorrow?" Kachi asked, she stood up with him.

"Sure. If I don't come ,how will I meet Donny?" he asked as he leaned toward her and placed a peck against her forehead, "Take care of yourself until I come tomorrow" he patted Phi's head like he would a five-year old girl, "You too alright? You girls shouldn't do what Mother Theresa wouldn't do." he repeated the same words he used to say to Kachi everyday when they were much younger.

Phi laughed, "We're way past the Mother Theresa phase." Phi commented, earning a glare from Kachi.

Ugo looked between them both, he could see those little signs that told more than either wanted to divulge. He almost laughed at their attempt to be discreet...well, Kachi's attempt, Phi was far from being so. They were lucky he was the one being spoken to, he was the much nicer of his brothers, the playful, easy-going one. If Phi had spoken those words in the presence of Malachi, or even worse, their eldest brother, Kezie, he would've remained until someone started talking- and saying things he wanted to hear. He on the other hand, just over-looked it all, choosing to act like he hadn't heard a thing , especially as Kachi didn't seem eager to start talking anytime soon.

He had a feeling there was a 'someone', perhaps she wasn't ready to talk about him, but from the way she acted, it was a very serious someone he hoped to meet sometime soon.

"Let me go before I hear what my ears can't handle." he said with a sigh.

Phi opened her mouth to say something else, but Kachi's murderous glare stopped her before she could say another word.

"Bye." He said from the other side of the door.

"Until tomorrow." Kachi replied.

"I'll be here by evening."

"We'll be expecting you." Phi added.

Kachi closed the door as her eyes bore holes into Phi, "Really Phi?"

"Really Kachi?" Phi said using the exact tone Kachi had used on her.

Kachi sighed as she shook her head, she just wasn't in the mood to argue with Phi, she was much too exhausted for that, "The food should be ready by now." she said as she made her way to the kitchen.

Phi stared at her, her jaw dropped, there was definitely something wrong, "Food? Kachi are you sure you're okay? The cake and ice-cream haven't even gone down your throat yet."

"Are you eating or not?"

"At the rate you're going, you'll probably finish the entire food before I get to the kitchen." Phi commented as she made her way to the kitchen with Kachi.

Kachi snorted, "Yeah, yeah, make jokes." she replied. Though as she dished the food, she couldn't help the odd feeling that crept up, intuition told her something was wrong, defiance told her she was fine. She chose defiance, it was much safer to assume she was alright, she didn't dare think what was possibly going on with her.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by prewtyjulie(f): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2014
I would really b an ingrate if i didn't take the time 2tell u hw good u r, u av sumtin rare n strong. Keep it up dearie.

P.s waiting for another update.
Re: A Christmas Party by BlissB(f): 8:31am On Dec 12, 2014
Kachi don get belle,shakara don end o,she don get belle,shakara don end o*continuesinging*

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
BlissB:
Kachi don get belle,shakara don end o,she don get belle,shakara don end o*continuesinging*
lolz...seems true. I hope she isnt pregnant sha.
Re: A Christmas Party by ethereal(f): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
embarassedKachi is so preggy...lolllzzzz.mulatto baby incoming!!
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
The sharp rays of the sun penetrated the blinds, sending a message to anyone inside the house that it was time to get up.

Jeremy's eyes opened in narrow slits. Blocking the stinging rays by placing a hand over his eyes, he slowly sat up, his bones felt weak and tired, his mind hazy. He shook his head and yawned, looking around him, he noticed his room was in a bit of a mess, his clothes were strewn on the floor, his sheets scattered like someone else had been in it apart from him.

He shook his head again as he wondered who had gotten him home, events of the night before were blurry, the last thing he remembered was Lee-Ann calling someone. He couldn't remember who it was that had brought him home.

He dragged himself out of bed, as he stood, he lost his footing briefly and fell back in bed, he stood again and steadied himself. He only had to walk around for a short while before he found it on the floor under his pants. He turned it on, he couldn't even remember turning it off, damn! His head was in a mess.

He shook his head, as he went through his messages, six in total, three from Kachi, two from Susie and one from his father, he had twice the amount of voicemails.

The first seven were all from Kachi, "Hey, I've been trying to call you, your phone's switched off so...call me if you get this" that was the first voicemail.

Consequent ones seemed more urgent, the last one went, "Hey, I really need to talk to you Jeremy, it's urgent, please." she said sullenly.

He wondered what was going on with her, she sounded odd. This was far from the usual funny, cocky messages she dropped.

It was only after he left his voicemails that he realized it was past ten in the morning, how could he have possibly slept that long? He quickly dialed Kachi's number.

It rang once, twice, and then she answered.

"Jeremy?"

"Hey love, wasn't feeling good yesterday. I just got your messages, what's up?" he asked as he made his way to the bathroom.

"Are you better now?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

He smiled to himself, even as stressed as she had sounded on the voice mail, she still cared to know about his state first. It might not seem much to most people, but that thought definitely lifted his spirits, "Yes, 'still have a slight headache though, nothing a painkiller can't stop. So what's so important?"

She didn't reply immediately. He could hear her sigh from the other side of the phone, before she said, "Can you come over?"

"Okay, sure...what's going on K?" he asked, his concern heightened. She sounded so down. It worried him.

"I...just come over. It's not something I can say over the phone."

He sighed, "Fine, I'll be there as soon as I can. I love you." He said softly

"Love you too." she replied. He could hear her smile through the phone, his lips turned up in a smile. She ended the call with that- another disturbing action.

Her calls weren't complete without a witty statement or a jibe, she ALWAYS had something else. He sighed as he made his way to the bathroom, well, he definitely couldn't do anything while he was still in this house, and he couldn't be any closer to finding out what was up with her either.

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
It was an unusual silence that held the room ransom.

It had nothing to do with the fact that there was nothing to be said, in fact , the air was pregnant with words, words no one was brave enough to utter just yet. There was a tenseness that was abnormal during their gatherings. But today wasn't one of those days they got together and laughed their sorrows away, today was a day to receive consequences for careless actions and think up realistic ways to remedy the situation.

Phi sighed as she collected the thermometer-like object from Kachi, she looked at it, releasing another sigh right before dropping it inside a duffel bag that had four different products of the same object- already used.

"You want to take another test?" she asked in a quiet voice that was so unlike Phi. She wanted to be happy for Kachi, but Kachi wasn't even happy for herself, so she remained in the mood her best friend found suitable enough for the news.

They had been sitting here for the past four hours since Kachi discovered she was pregnant. It had all started as a joke last night when Phi suggested Kachi take a pregnancy test to ascertain that her unusual food consumption wasn't due to pregnancy, unbeknownst to Phi, Kachi had actually taken her suggestion more seriously than she had meant it.

She had gotten a call from a sullen Kachi who simply asked that she come to her house, without failing to hammer on how important it was. Phi had thought Ugo had just come a bit earlier and rushed over dressed in one of her impressive outfits- if she was going to throw her 'brother' in the faces of those Hot heifers she had to be dressed right for the occasion.

She had gotten here, only to be handed the result of a DIY pregnancy test Kachi had taken. In an effort to calm her friend, she had suggested that they try another product, going as far as citing instances where the results had come out wrong. Kachi, hopeful that Phi would be right and this would turn out to be a mistake, had accepted that suggestion, and they had both gone to a pharmacy and bought four different products.

All five had come out with the same result- positive. Kachi had begun calling Jeremy after they had taken the second test, but his phone had been unavailable, it was only after the fourth that he called.

"I'm too broke to get another one." she mumbled.

Phi sighed, and they both let the silence take charge again.

"What if he doesn't want it Phi?" Kachi finally asked as she sulked. This was so not what she planned. So much for the stellar speech she had been writing in her head to present to her father when the issue of Jeremy came up, turned out she would be standing on that podium much earlier than she anticipated.

Phi sighed, for all her talkative nature, she had never found herself in this position. The stuff she would probably advice friends over were mediocre to say the least- nothing as deep as pregnancy.

"Well, let's not think like that, except you're contemplating abor..." Phi held her tongue as Kachi cut her a glare before she could complete the 'a' word.

They had spoken about these situations countless times when they were idle, and every single one of those times, Kachi had stated in clear terms that she would rather die than kill her own, so that was totally out of the question.

"Let's just not think like that." she said.

"This is all your fault Phi." Kachi mumbled, her tone wasn't glaringly accusatory, but there was an accusation there.

"Hmm, how?" phi asked as she placed her hand under her chin and stared at Kachi.

"You're the one who asked me to wear those darn boots"

"Abeg o. I said wear the boots, not perform the action...and if I did, I never suggested you let him sleep with you thrice in one night WITHOUT a condom." Phi replied, putting emphasis on Kachi's mistake.

Kachi's eyes went to Phi, "Are you here to accuse me or make me feel better?"

Phi raised her brows, "Make you feel better? Please, I'm not Oprah, I'm here to listen to you lament, point out your faults, then go home. If you want to feel better, you'll have to pay me for that."

Kachi tossed a pillow at Phi with a small smile, "I'll soon make you vomit that food you ate last night."

"You better not be smiling. If that's a smile I see there, I believe you owe me ten bucks."

Kachi's smile widened, Phi could be a lot to handle most times, but she did have those few times that her mouth was beneficial, like now.

She laughed, "So no more baby blues. We really should start looking for names for her." Phi suggested.

Kachi smiled only briefly, as Phi's comment sunk though, she remembered the purpose for her bad mood, she should have known she was pregnant, she had felt the signs over a week ago; the dizziness, the nausea, the unusual tiredness, but she had refused to accept it and had made various excuses for each symptom, "Phumi, I'm so confused. I don't want to lose him, but I don't want to lose this baby either...but being a single mother..." her voice trailed off, the thought terrified her. She knew she could make a good mother, she had always loved the idea of nurturing and caring for another little human being, being responsible for someone else, her position as the last child in her family and only female really didn't give her the opportunity to be responsible for anyone, she longed to have that feeling and this child could turn out to be good for her. But the traditional concept of family was deeply rooted in her head. A man, a woman, and their kids, she couldn't stand the thought that there was a possibility she wouldn't have that.

She groaned, "...my father will roast me alive and sell my meat to abokis."

"He probably will..." Phi began, Kachi narrowed her eyes at her, "What? Am I lying?" she asked, "Like I said, don't think like that. Have faith" she said in an assuring tone as she took Kachi's hand and gave it a light squeeze.

Kachi smiled her appreciation.

Their little moment was interrupted by the doorbell. Phi groaned, "Why do they always have to interrupt our Lynette and Susan moments?" she asked as she got off the chair and went to see who was at the door. Taking her time just to make sure whoever was at the door stayed a little longer as punishment for the interruption.

Kachi smiled at Phi's comment. Times like this, she was glad she had a female to talk to. What if it had just been herself and Donny? How would she have told him about this? It would definitely have been an awkward discussion, coupled with the fact that Donny wasn't exactly on Team Jeremy....

"Ooh, it's a package" Phi began as she walked back into the sitting room. In her hand was a brown envelope. She sat beside Kachi, there was not a hint as to who it was from.

"What is it?" Kachi asked.

"Let's see" Phi replied as she went ahead to open up the envelope. She peeked inside and saw a disc, "You think it's from lover boy Vice President?" she asked as she took out the disc. The surface was blank, save for the letter 'J' boldly written on it, "Maybe it is." Phi replied, her giddiness much evident as she damn near flew out of the couch to get to the DVD.

Phi slipped the disc in the DVD and pressed play as she turned on the television.

Kachi recognized Jeremy's bedroom as soon as the disc began playing. The camera was angled toward the bed, but at a good distance still. What she and Phi watched next left her absolutely mortified and highly embarrassed.

The room was filled with voices that turned out o be that of Jeremy and Claire. He had on a striped shirt that had already been unbuttoned all the way down, he seemed a bit out of it, but not completely so that one could say he was totally unaware of what was happening- at least from Kachi's view.

She steeled herself for what her mind and heart told her would be coming. She watched, as still as a rock, her boyfriend, the man she had given herself to, the one who she had confessed her love for, and had reciprocated the feeling...the man who was the father of her unborn child, strip Claire of her clothes like a sex-starved man.

Ten minutes into the video, just as she straddled him, all set to slip his phallus into her, the television tripped off.

Kachi swiftly turned to Phi. She had made use of the remote in her control, "Why did you do that?" she began, her voice edgy.

"I'm allergic to cheap po--rn and fake acting, not to mention, I'm anti-raype." Phi replied stonily. She couldn't believe that desperate bit--ch. Was she so totally hopeless that she would resort to such low acts? Some women just made her wish she wasn't female.

"What are you insinuating Phi?"

Phi raised her brows, "Don't tell me you believe that crap." She said, her voice laden with disbelief. She knew Kachi could easily be convinced, but not this easy.

"You saw it for yourself Phi..."

"Yes I did, and I call it's bluff Kachi. I tell you, Jeremy would NEVER sleep with that who--re intentionally."

Kachi stared at Phi, wondering why she was this sure of Jeremy's capabilities, "What? You're a member of his defense team?"

"No, I'm just an expert in detecting bullshit, and that right there" she pointed at the DVD for emphasis, "...is bullshit, horseshit, cow sh--it, goat-shit, llama-shit...and every other kind of sh--it there is"

Kachi shook her head in disbelief. This was a weird part of Phi, she had never been so defensive of anyone. When cases like this arose, she was mostly aloof of everything, and now to have her sticking her neck out for a guy she had barely spent time with. She wasn't sure what to believe anymore, the normal Kachi would believe as she saw it, but having watched this with Phi, and getting her own opinion, she was forced to re-evaluate her thoughts.

As she remembered the night they had had dinner at this father's place and his reaction to Claire, she found herself leaning more toward Phi's point of view, but still that nagging feeling remained, what if thing really were as they seemed?

She had barely finished the thought when the doorbell came again.

"Hmm, I wonder who or what that is." Phi commented.

"Who's there?" Kachi shouted. She definitely didn't want either she or Phi leaving their positions for nothing.

"Kachi, it's Jeremy, open up."

Kachi and Phi exchanged glances, "Well, it's time to interview the star of the movie" Phi commented.

Kachi sighed, she feared what this could turn out to be. What ifs flew in her mind. What if this was all a set-up? What if it wasn't? Most importantly was the question, what if he didn't want a baby?

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
The knock came again. Neither of them had made any attempt to move from their positions, and the sound jerked them out of their state of indecision.

Kachi suddenly went into panic mode, the thought of confronting Jeremy suddenly didn't seem so pleasing. She wanted to be away from him to get her thoughts in order, being in his presence would sabotage that, "Phi, I can't see him. You have to answer the door."

Phi stared at her in disbelief, "Who should answer what? Aren't you the one who called him?" she had barely even spoken to this guy and now Kachi expected her to act as the middle-woman.

"Just answer it Phi, please." She said as she stood up, suddenly she felt weak and nauseous, the events of the day now weighing down on her.

"but what do I....?" before Phi could complete the words, Kachi ran into the bedroom. In Phi's confused state she could hear Kachi bawling. As she made her way to check on her, she heard the knock reminding her that Jeremy was still waiting outside.

"Kachi open up please" she heard him say.

She took in a deep, calming breath. This was all her show now. She opened the door and found Jeremy looking a bit distraught, but every inch as gorgeous as she remembered. The look of worry and concern on his face further convinced her that he didn't intentionally sleep with Claire- now to find out what truly happened.

"Hi, Phi right?" Jeremy asked. It was hard not to remember her.

"Yes"

"Is Kachi home? She called and I don't..."

"Yeah, come in" Phi said as she turned around and went to the living room without checking to see if he was following.

Jeremy followed Phi, unable to stop the feeling fermenting within him that something was off, and it wasn't just because Phi was sending bad vibes his way. As he stepped into the living room, his eyes took a sweep of it, noticing that Kachi was nowhere around. He swallowed the lump in his throat, his nerves were suddenly tense, he was eager to know what was happening, "Is she alright?"

Phi shrugged her shoulders, "she's just a little upset, bad morning" she replied so flippantly Jeremy would never guess the gravity of the situation.

"Well, can I see her?"

"Have a seat. I want you to see something." Phi replied ignoring his question intentionally. She was convinced he was totally innocent, but she wasn't about to give him that impression lest he get too comfortable.

Jeremy sat warily, "Can't you get Kachi first?" he asked, now a bit confused as to Phi's strange behavior. She seemed nonchalant about the current situation, sure they hadn't spoken long, but he couldn't have left that bad an impression.

"I doubt she'll want to watch it again. It made her puke the first time" Phi replied as she sat next to Jeremy.

"Watch what?...Is she alright?" he couldn't understand her little game, he would be extremely pissed if he wasn't so worried.

Phi took out the disc, slipped it back in and pressed play as she turned on the television without another word. When she noticed Jeremy's eyes were still on her, she spoke, "Just watch."

For the first time, Jeremy's eyes turned to the television. They nearly popped out seeing Claire in his room with...holy phuck! Was that him? It couldn't be...but that was what he had worn to the office yesterday and....damn it! That blackmailing bi--tch had crossed the line. Suddenly it all came to him; the dizziness, the tiredness, the blurred memory; she had drugged him..or had gotten someone to do it, but who....Lee-Anne. The more he watched, the more his head ached. Kachi had watched this? Was this why she called? The reason for how sad she sounded? He was going to kill that bi--tch, right after he mutilated her accomplice.

"Turn it off" he muttered as he buried his face in his hands.

Phi did as instructed, watching him intently for any signs of deceit- she saw none.

"I swear I had no idea...I couldn't even...she drugged me" he said more to himself than to Phi.

"Mm hmm"

"Where's Kachi? I need to explain myself"

"Just a sec" Phi stood up, grabbed the duffel bag from the side table and handed it to him.

He gave her a questioning look, "Take it" she urged. He collected and opened it as she watched.

Jeremy looked into the bag seeing what he figured to be D.I.Y pregnancy tests and glanced at Phi who was apparently waiting eagerly for his next action.

When it was clear he wasn't keen on retrieving anything from the bag. Phi urged him on with a simple, "Go on, look at it" she spoke like a parent trying to encourage a child to face his fears.

With a deep sigh, Jeremy took out one of the instruments, he had never met anyone who used it, but he knew blue was definitely positive, he glanced at Phi whose look was clearly telling him there was more. One emptying the entire bag, he realized they were all positive- somebody was pregnant.

"Whose are these?"

Phi shrugged, "Well, they're not mine."

Nothing further needed to be said, "I need to see her" he stood up and made his way to Kachi's bedroom, only to be blocked by Phi, "Phi..."

"She's not ready to see you..."

"But she's the one who called me" he protested.

"Before that disc came."

He sighed, "so what? I can't see her?"

Phi shook her head, "Just...come by later alright? I'll talk to her."

Jeremy sighed as he shoved his fingers in his hair, damn it this was all wrong. He wanted to shove Phi aside and go into that room and make her listen to him, even if he had to tie her down, but common sense told him that was the dumbest thing to do. He wasn't exactly on her good books right now, he need not worsen things by being stubborn.

"Please do. Tell her it's all a terrible misunderstanding."

Phi nodded. She wished she could help him, but she knew this wasn't the time for any confrontation, they both needed some alone time, "I will" she replied.

She escorted him to the door and they said their goodbyes.

"Has he gone?" she heard Kachi's tiny voice from the doorway of her bedroom.

Phi turned to her and nodded, "He was drugged."

She nodded, but there was nothing to signify that she believed that- then again, there were no signs that she didn't.

"Can you stay a little longer? I really need to sleep."

Phi nodded.

She wanted to say more, but held her tongue as she watched Kachi return to the room. She had a feeling things wouldn't be as straightforward as she felt it could be.

2 Likes

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
"What happened?" Susan asked as she dropped her handbag and sat opposite Jeremy in the restaurant he had asked her to meet him. She hadn't asked any questions when Jeremy had called half an hour ago, all she knew was her boy sounded sad and he had said it was important, that was all the information she needed to get here.

"Claire" was all he replied. He picked up his cup of whiskey and sipped some more of it, he planned to go to a bar later in the day and drink away his problems- if Phi didn't call back, and he had a feeling he wouldn't be hearing from her any time soon.

Susan frowned, "What did she do now?"

Jeremy went on to narrate to Susan everything that had happened from yesterday till now, making sure to leave out the part about Kachi's pregnancy. He didn't want to ruffle any more feathers than necessary and that part was sure to set off an explosion like no other.

Susan was seething by the end of the entire story. She knew Claire could be desperate and scheming, but she had never thought she had this in her, this was beyond desperate, this was just plain evil.

"I can't believe that..."she shook her head, unable to find an appropriate word to describe Claire, "Were you able to talk to Kachi?"

He shook his head, "She doesn't want to see me, and the worst thing is she's..." he stopped himself when he realized what he was about to say.

"She's what?"

Jeremy shook his head, "It's just...I miss her already."

Susan smiled and reached out to stroke Jeremy's cheek, "I understand sweety. She'll come around, you just need to give her some time, she'll come around" she said.

Jeremy nodded. He wanted so much to believe her, but he could only hold his breath for now and hope things went well, for now...he had an employee to fire.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by culiphy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
wow! creativity n talent at its peak! kudos safari girl..... awesome
Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kachi woke up with a headache. She grumbled and got out of bed, her entire body felt like she had been carrying a ton of bricks for hours...well, maybe not physically, she thought to herself. As the events of the day so far trickled in, she thought more about it, one thing was for sure, she had never had such an eventful day.

She thought about the decision she had come to just before she dosed off, was it a smart one? Ten hours ago, she would never have thought of it, but it was one thing to talk about it from the outside, and another thing when she was experiencing it first-hand. She sighed, there were some decisions that had to be taken despite their difficulty.

She stood up and went to the sitting room, getting closer to the door, she realized Phi wasn't alone. She opened the door once she remembered who could possibly be with Phi...but nothing prepared her for what they were talking about.

She got to the sitting room to find Phi, Ugo and Donny watching the video of Jeremy and Claire, who...what?, "What the hell Phi?" she screamed as she went to the DVD and turned it off, bringing all three's attention to her.

"I wanted a third and a fourth opinion." Phi said in defense of her action.

When Ugo had come over, she had offered to call Donny instead since they couldn't leave with Kachi asleep. They had been here just over an hour talking about everything she wasn't interested in when she remembered the disc and went on to give them the low-down on everything, and when she said everything, she meant EVERYTHING including the pregnancy. Ugo had suggested they watch the disc to determine if there was any foul-play, and they were only half-way through when Kachi came in.

"You were out of line Phumi." Kachi almost screamed. It seemed like everyone around her was out to frustrate her today.

"I know and I'm sorry" Phi said with her best puppy dog eyes.

Donny was zoned out of the entire argument, all he could think of was how he would tell Kachi of his involvement in all of this, fine he may not have gone through with it in the end, but he did in some form give his consent. Perhaps if he hadn't met up with Claire to start with, they wouldn't be viewing her little movie right now. Kachi was going to find out one way or the other anyway, so he might as well get it out while he could still count on her good graces no matter how little.

"It was a set-up." He said in the midst of all the shouting- at least from Kachi.

She calmed a bit and directed her gaze at Donny who had just interrupted a personal best record as far as her continuous ranting went, "How would you know that?" she asked, her anger less than oblivious by her tone.

"Apart from the obvious?" Ugo asked nodding his head in the direction of the television.

She glared at Ugo only briefly and returned her curious gaze to Donny who seemed a bit nervous.

Donny gulped audibly before he continued, "I...we met up about a week ago."

"Why?" Kachi asked quietly. She was trying to figure how Donny even knew Claire to begin with, even more having a meeting with her.

Phi sat up, her interest peaked, this would definitely qualify for the beginning of a good story.

He sighed, "She wanted to get Jeremy back, and I...I was mad after you blew me off, so she suggested that she'd get an insider in his office to drug him and then she'd video them having sex with the hope that you would dump him once you found out he was cheating." He replied. He waited for what felt like hours but was actually a few minutes for someone to say something, anything. All he heard though was a whistle from Ugo. He was prepared to take the verbal beat-down he thought he would be getting from Kachi, but nothing came.

Even Phi was speechless, that in its self was a confirmation that he really had phucked up.

"Listen Kachi, I swear I didn't follow up on the plan, I didn't even see her again after that one time..."

"Get out." She said in a low menacing voice.

"Ka.."

"Just leave Donny, I can't listen to this now, just...go."

Donny stood up and made his way to the door. He knew he may not be in her good books for a while, it was well deserved. He would wait it out until she was finally ready to accept his apology, how long that would take, he couldn't say, but he hoped not too long.

"I'm sorry." He said just before he opened the door and walked out.

Kachi walked to the closest chair and crashed into it with a deep sigh as she buried her hands in her hair. This day was just getting worse by the hour, there were too many discoveries for one day. Her life had never been filled with so much drama, she might just as well have been a guest on one of those tv shows where they spoke to dysfunctional couples or families.

"K I told you it was a set-up."Phi began as she went to sit next to Kachi, she laid her head on her shoulder as she rubbed her arm, "Jeremy's really worried, you should call him. Especially with the baby and..."

"I'm not keeping it." Kachi interrupted. Her voice totally void of any emotion.

Phi paused and leaned backwards to look into Kachi's face, "Say that again please." Her voice was filled with disbelief.

"I'm not keeping the baby Phi, I'll go see a doctor tomorrow and see if I can have one of those quick abortions with pills."

Phi searched her face for any signs that she was pulling her legs, or she was out of her mind, but she saw none. She was actually serious about this, "But Kachi, you said..."

"forget what I said okay?" she screamed, "There's too much going on, I can't have this baby in these circumstances, I'm not ready, I..."

"You've lost your mind." This time, it was Ugo who spoke, bringing both their attentions to him. He looked...mad, "Phi can you give me some minutes with my sister?" he asked stonily.

"Sure." Phi said as she stood up and went into Kachi's bedroom.

Ugo sat staring at his little sister for a few minutes, she looked away from him very much aware of what he was thinking, "Why would you want to kill off your own child Kachi?"

"It's not yet human, it's still an embryo."

"And that makes it all better doesn't it?" he asked, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

"It's not you that's going to be carrying this baby for nine months Ugo, it's not you who will face the barrage of questions, and it's definitely not you who will get it out so why should my decision affect you?" she spat.

"Well forgive me if I'd like to protect my little niece or nephew from it's own mother." He retorted, "Have you even spoken to this Jeremy about it? Or did you impregnate yourself? Have you bothered to find out if he would like to keep the child or not? Or do you claim sole rights to the life or otherwise of a child that's a product of two people's intercourse?"

Kachi tried to shake off her brother's words, but it wasn't happening, the more he spoke, the more she felt bad for her decision. She thought she could do this, she could be a rebel for once, do something everyone else would disapprove of, after all she had always been the one to do the right thing. She tried to convince herself that right now abortion was the right thing to do, but somehow there was always someone around to demolish her belief.

"So what do you want me to do Ugo?" she screamed as she exploded in a mess of emotions and let the tears that had been waiting to escape her eyes since morning fall, "I should keep the baby and then what? Fight with Claire for it's father? Is that what you'd prefer?"

"Did he ever give you a reason to think he would choose Claire over you, even without a child? I haven't even met this Jeremy guy, but from what I'm told, he apparently likes you, maybe even loves you, and Claire...she's that desperate chic who doesn't understand when she isn't wanted. The fact that you'd want to abort simply because of something so trivial really shocks me Karachi. You're worried about what people will say, what will they say that hasn't been said? Why should you care? Why should you even care what our own father would say? Isn't it you who will carry the child? Isn't it you the child will call mummy? Do you want to give up the joy of motherhood simply because of what a few jobless people will say and some envious Claire person?"

"I...I don't know Ugo."

He moved closer to her and took her trembling hands in his, he raised her chin until their eyes met, "I don't know what you want to do about your relationship with Jeremy, but don't let this child die because of it. You mustn't marry the father of your child, you mustn't even get married at all. Even if he's not here, you've got me, Kezie and Malachi to be it's daddies okay?"

She nodded in response.

Ugo smiled and enveloped her in a warm hug as he patted her head and let her cry her fears away.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Jeremy was going out of his mind with worry. He kept staring at his phone so hard there was a possibility it would gravitate toward him, he was hoping it would ring, or even vibrate or give off some feed that he was receiving a call or a text. Even when it finally did, it wasn't who he wanted to talk to.

Susan had been calling every half hour for an update, and so far he hadn't been able to give her any positive reply. He knew he should have gotten Phi's number, she promised to talk to Kachi, but what if she didn't? she seemed genuinely interested in helping out, then again, what if she did and had gotten though to her after all? Then Kachi would have called and if she couldn't, Phi would have called with her phone.

He groaned.

He had thought of confronting Claire many times today, but the last thing he wanted was to be imprisoned for murder, and not just any type of murder. With the way he was feeling, he didn't doubt he could be just as psychotic as the lead character in Dexter, and as for Lee-Anne, he had already called the HR department, her appointment was officially terminated, he knew he had every right to sue just as much as he knew Lee-Anne was just a pawn in Claire's little game, she deserved a lot of things, but he was sure she would get more than she deserved from the head-bitch herself.

He dragged himself off his couch- his couch. This was where they initiated their love-making, he could almost see her now, returning his passionate kiss and leaning into his touch as he fondled her bre--asts....He shook the thought away, but it only re-surfaced with another thought- she was pregnant. He couldn't say how long, he knew they had slept together more times than he could count, he smiled at that thought, she was an enigma, like that apple pie you could never get enough of after the first taste.

But he was digressing. He wondered what would happen with the baby, he was scared. She hadn't told him herself that she was pregnant, she still hadn't called to talk about the baby, it made him wonder. Would she consider abortion? She didn't strike him as the kind of person that would make such a rash decision, then again...what if....

He couldn't take the suspense anymore. He reached for his phone and dialed her number only to reach the voicemail- again. He had an urge to smash his phone, but what good would that do? Resigning himself to waiting patiently, he went into his room and stripped, what he needed right now was a long, cold shower...that and a strong drink, but the shower first.

Just as he got out of the shower, there was the sound of his phone ringing, it only took a few seconds for him to remember he had left it downstairs and an even shorter time to get there. It was an unidentified number, but he was in no state to take second guesses.

He pressed the receive button and put the phone to his ear, "Hello?"

"Hey, Jeremy?" a female voice asked from the other line.

It didn't sound familiar, "Yes? Who's this?"

"It's Phi, I'm sorry I kind of stole your number from Kachi's phone..."

"Oh no worries, it's fine. How is she?" he asked, the nervousness in his voice evident. In truth, he was glad Phi had the sense to steal his number, just in case she couldn't get through to Kachi.

There was a deep sigh from Phi's end, "She's conflicted, she wanted to abort the pregnancy, but I think Ugo- her brother, was able to talk some sense into her. I still don't think we're out of the woods yet." She sounded concerned for her friend.

Jeremy placed his hand against his temple with a sigh, how could she even consider..."Thank God" he said under his breath, "So can I come over now?"

"I'm afraid not, but her brother would like to meet you." Phi replied, her voice filled with hope.

Jeremy understood her excitement, meeting her brother had to be the next best thing. Besides, he supposed the guy couldn't be all that bad if he convinced her to abandon the idea of abortion, "Okay, so when will that be?"

"If you aren't too busy, this evening would be good."

He did a double check on his schedule for the day in his head. He was supposed to see his father this evening for a run-down on the plans in place for the first quarter of the year, but he supposed that could be postponed till the next day.

"Okay, where?"

"There's this bar close to Kachi's place..."

"Yes, I know the place." He didn't mean to cut her off, but he was past being patient.

She didn't seem to be offended by his tone, rather she continued, "He said you should meet him there by seven."

"Okay, seven, okay. Thanks a lot Phi, I owe you."

"No worries, just trying to help out friends." She cut the line without another word.

Jeremy sighed. He was having one hell of a day.

1 Like

Re: A Christmas Party by safarigirl(f): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
"Need some company?"

If he heard that question one more time, he would leave this place. Phi said it was a cool bar, and to some extent he agreed with her as far as the ambience of the place went, but he definitely didn't expect all of this hounding. Was it so wrong to sit alone at a bar? He hadn't even been here ten minutes and he had been asked this same question three times, did he look like he needed company?

Ugo looked up at the tall brunette who asked the question, her grey eyes gleaming, though he couldn't tell if it was in anticipation of a positive reply from him, or the effect of one too many drinks. He would give it to her though, she was pretty.

"No thanks, I'm waiting for someone." He replied.

She gave him a flirtatious smile and leaned closer so that he could just see the tops of her bre--asts, "Well, just in case she doesn't show up, I could make good company." She replied suggestively.

Ugo smiled at the invitation in her voice, it was tempting, but there were more important things on his mind right now, "Thanks, but..."

"Hey, Ugo right?"

Ugo's attention was called to the tall man who was now standing beside the brunette; blonde hair, bluish grey eyes, he supposed he was Jeremy, besides, he couldn't forget the face from the little po--rn he was treated to this afternoon. He stood up, "Yeah, you must be Jeremy."

"Yes, I hope you haven't been here too long. I apologize."

"Oh not too long."

He replied as they shook.

The brunette eyed up both men with a smirk, "I should've known, all the good men are ga--y." She sighed and walked away.

Jeremy made an attempt to correct her, but Ugo stopped him, "Don't bother." He said as he sat, with Jeremy seating opposite him, "So, you're the infamous Jeremy who knocked up my sister." He began jovially.

Jeremy wasn't sure if he was supposed to laugh at that, but he didn't sound angry. He smiled, not wanting to offend him just in case it really wasn't said in good humor, "It wasn't intentional."

"Is it ever?" he asked, "You really should get a drink. What would you like?"

Jeremy noticed he seemed rather friendly for a guy who was only meeting the man who impregnated his sister for the first time. He hadn't expected such a warm reception; the smile, the good-natured jokes, the hospitality. It was all a bit too surreal, he thought he would get a frown and a long, harsh lecture, not this. Choosing to keep his guard, he replied, "Anything would be fine."

"Be right back." Ugo replied, "Don't worry, I'm the good brother." He said with a smile just before he went toward the bar. As he waited for the bartender to get two bottles of beer, he noticed the brunette on the other end of the table, her eyes were trained on him. He smiled at her boldness and gave her a wink once he had gotten his orders, he thought she winked back, but didn't turn around to confirm that as he returned to their table. He found her an interesting character, perhaps he would get a chance to correct her notion that he was on the other team- if she wasn't gone by the time he was through with Jeremy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare / I Am Embarrassed To Share The Same National Space With Some Imbeciles -soyinka / Once Upon A Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 290
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.