Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro (9380 Views)

ICPC Interrogates Fmr IGP Mike Okiro, Others Over N275.5m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by agriboom: 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Question: okiro, how you know the lady's current status and that she's married and with 2 kids? Chai!! See dedication to duty just like we know and see in our police men and women grin grin grin PDP!! PDP!! PDP

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by SamIkenna: 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is one thing about Nigeria I despise. It seems we're always too quick in condemning people without getting hard facts and then perusing it objectively. Rape allegation is not a joke, it could ruin someone's life and career. It may or may not be true, but at the very least, fellas should let Sowore speak first. If indeed he committed the act he needs to be punished, but first, let's give him the opportunity to explain.

Other things being equal, I must say that the day Sowore denied Nigerians the opportunity to hear from the nation's FA's minister and Nigeria's US Ambassador in a town-hall meeting in New York was the day I lost respect for his person. I don't know if he's an attention seeker or what, but at any rate politics is politics - it should be separated from private life. What he did in New York and what he continues to do in online media is politics. He doesn't deserve to be 'blackmailed' with a life-destroying rape case because of his political leaning. I have a feeling this allegation is some sort of pay-back, but I might be wrong.

If it's pay-back, Okiro and 'the handlers' should be ashamed of dragging a man young enough to be their son to the mud.
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by doctokwus: 12:13am On Nov 29, 2014
agriboom:
Question: okiro, how you know the lady's current status and that she's married and with 2 kids? Chai!! See dedication to duty just like we know[b][/b] and see in our police men and women grin grin grin PDP!! PDP!! PDP
Was okiro not at a time d IG?Y didn't he make dis same allegation then

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by arresa: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2014
Btw, he visits Nigeria all the time so why not arrest and jail him?

I dont know why these incompetent people expose their incompetence and stupidity for the world to ssee...

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by arresa: 12:20am On Nov 29, 2014
agriboom:
Question: okiro, how you know the lady's current status and that she's married and with 2 kids? Chai!! See dedication to duty just like we know and see in our police men and women grin grin grin PDP!! PDP!! PDP

You spotted the unsolicited info about the woman and her kids too...?

I hope the useless keeps in touch with the thousands if not millions of rape victims in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Nicklee(m): 3:58am On Nov 29, 2014
nationwide1:
Posts I have read so far have further confirmed my conclusion that both APC and PDP are the same - greedy and hypocrite. How can people in their normal senses begin to heap abuse on Okiro because he says Osowore committed rape and jumped bail? Yes, Osowore is doing a great job. But does that erase all his past crimes such as jumping bail (if at all he did)? Is he not supposed to go to the table of criticism with clean hands? Those of you who want to crucify Okiro, what if the victim was your sister or wife? Would you have looked for justice? If our youths can be so hypocritical, then where is our future?
I think you're the one being senseless here. Sowore has visited Nigeria countless times since then and he hasn't been arrested and prosecuted even with Okiro's clout as former IG. Okiro is the shameless fool here for going this low. This is disgusting and stinks to high heavens. If he is seeking relevance with GEJ, there are certainly more honorable ways of doing this.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Justcash(m): 4:06am On Nov 29, 2014
Arrest and lock him away or just shut up.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by nationwide1(m): 6:52am On Nov 29, 2014
Nicklee:
I think you're the one being senseless here. Sowore has visited Nigeria countless times since then and he hasn't been arrested and prosecuted even with Okiro's clout as former IG. Okiro is the shameless fool here for going this low. This is disgusting and stinks to high heavens. If he is seeking relevance with GEJ, there are certainly more honorable ways of doing this.
One question that requires a simple answer is did he commit the said crime? Stop being evasive by using the ploy of insult.
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by agriboom: 10:52am On Nov 29, 2014
doctokwus:

Was okiro not at a time d IG?Y didn't he make dis same allegation then

How many nigeria police officers do you know that actually keep info on people from cases they've handled a million years ago? undecided
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Nicklee(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
nationwide1:
One question that requires a simple answer is did he commit the said crime? Stop being evasive by using the ploy of insult.

It's the police's Jon to take him to court and the courts to determine. You're already assuming he did it based on Okiro's statement - even more shameful
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by nationwide1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
Nicklee:

It's the police's Jon to take him to court and the courts to determine. You're already assuming he did it based on Okiro's statement - even more shameful
See how you got it wrong? I'm of the school of thoughts that says 'assume nothing'. I'm unbiased and very neutral but you've already assumed my thoughts for me. Very disappointing. Did I say anything in my post that suggested I accused him?
Re: Omoyele Sowore (SaharaReporters) Was Arrested For Rape - Mike Okiro by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 08, 2019
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another ‘ojukwu’ Will Go To War If You Touch Ihejirika – Ohanaeze Warns / Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations / Kogi Guber: Court adjourns suit challenging Bello’s eligibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.