Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP (2354 Views)

We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by taiwoflb: 8:04am On Nov 27, 2014
Source: .com.ng

The Inspector General of Police, Suleiman Abba, yesterday refused to recognise Aminu Waziri Tambuwal as Speaker of the House of Representatives preferring instead to address him as an ordinary citizen.

Consequently, emotion was let fly as some All Progressives Congress members of the House of Representatives in turn refused to recognise him as the bonafide Inspector General of Police and chose instead to address him as just ‘Mr. Suleiman Abba’.
Abba, who appeared before the House Committee on Police Affairs to explain why the Police locked down the premises of the National Assembly and tear-gassed lawmakers on the 20th November, had insisted that he could not recognise Tambuwal as Speaker because it was a subject matter that was yet to be decided by the court.

“The matter is in court, therefore it will amount to subjudice to refer to Tambuwal as Speaker,” he said in response to insistence from the members that he explain why he chose to address the Speaker simply as “Alhaji Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.”

The IGP, had while addressing the committee on what had transpired penultimate Tuesday, said security mounted at the entrance was disrupted by “suspected thugs that accompanied Alhaji Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.”

He said “intelligence report” that there was going to be invasion of the Complex by “hoodlums” had necessitated the cordoning off of the Complex to forestall unpleasant incidence.

“Following an intelligence report of a likely invasion of the House of Representatives by hoodlums and thugs, the Nigeria Police Force promptly deployed its personnel to the premises to prevent a breakdown of law and order.

“Some of the principal officers called me to confirm the strengthening of the security around the vicinity of the National Assembly and I told them that it was based in credible information that there was a plan to disrupt the parliament, especially with what happened in Burkina Faso; that is why the issue of identifying yourself was made and some of the lawmakers complied until Alhaji Aminu Waziri Tambuwal arrived with thugs or suspected thugs and disrupted all the arrangement,” Abba said.

The comment rankled members, who felt that the office of the Speaker has been denigrated and immediately exploded by interrupting the IGP thus preventing him from continuing his briefs.

First to fire the salvo was Representative Babatunde Juwon (APC, Lagos) who retaliated by addressing the IGP as “Mr. Suleiman Abba” and was followed by other members of the committee who insisted on a walkout unless the IGP retracted what they considered as derogatory to the office of the Speaker, under whom they were constituted as an investigative committee.

The hearing almost became rowdy as member after members insisted on calling the IGP to order arguing that the derogatory comments was not only disrespectful to the Speaker, the members that unanimously elected him, but a stampede on democracy, and must be corrected forthwith.

Chairman of the committee, Usman Bello Kumo (PDP, Gombe)’s attempt to restore order was rebuffed by members, who were visibly angry and spoke loudly in disdain of the IGP for daring to look down on the leadership of the House, on whose behalf the committee was constituted to investigate the incident in question.

Kumo, who attempted to calm frayed nerves, said he won’t sit and allow the office of the Speaker, his person and the integrity of the House to be abused and appealed to the IGP to either deny or assert the initial statement that was thought to have denied the Speaker his rightful recognition.

However, Representatives Chris Etta (PDP, Cross-River), urged members to desist from partisanship in the matter but to see themselves as an investigative panel that will report back to the House based on their findings. He regretted that the ugly incidence of Tuesday, November 22 was a national disgrace that should not be taken with kid gloves.

Similarly, Representatives Victor Nwokolo (Delta) towed the same line, by appealing to his colleagues not to pander to sentiment but remain neutral as a fact-finding body that will report back to the committee of the whole, even as Representative Ahmed Rufa’i Chanchangi insisted that all members will stage a walkout if the IGP refuses to retract.

Abba, who was recently confirmed the IGP, when given the opportunity to amend matters, insisted that since the matter was before the court of law it would be subjudice for him to comment on it. He expressed sympathy for Nigerians who suffered unjustly during the fracas at the NASS where teargas canisters were freely used.

Rather than assuage members’ anger, the IGP’s response further infuriated them, who insisted that the chairman must adjourn the committee. Kumo obliged them and a motion was moved and seconded to bring the hearing to an abrupt end.
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by alabiyemmy(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2014
Well done Mr. IG.

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by QAPHAYNE: 8:14am On Nov 27, 2014
There are some positions in which the occupants must never take sides, and I think the position of the IGP is one of such. And I think the word supporters should be used instead of thugs.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2014
Egomaniacs seeking vain glory. Instead of investigating an incident, they focused on Tambuwa and his lost speakership.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Fairgodwin(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2014
Interesting...
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Ezedon(m): 8:19am On Nov 27, 2014
The IG did exactly what he should do, BTW why is it that tambuwal, an honourable will bite the finger that fed him
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Caseless: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2014
This headless IGP sounded like a ponce there. No wonder! He was appointed by gej. Like oga, like him 'employee'. Goats dont give birth to lions.
This f00l that has not been able to act on any intelligent report to avert invasion of some towns by boko haram in the northeast, is bold enough to tell us that the cordoning of NASS was done based on a 'watery' intelligent report he received that thugs were going to invade the assembly. This oaf of an IG just shot himself on the leg by being stuupid instead of being non-partisan.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by banki(m): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2014
I hope he also does the same for the charlatans in edo state, Ekiti state and ondo state....

He even said those parliamentarians that jumped the fence were thugs..... interesting I wonder what he called Evans Bippi and those guys that invaded the rivers state house of assembly....at least those ones were seen on TV with arms they were even chanting cult songs....

The police shouldn't be partisan no matter what

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Firefire(m): 8:30am On Nov 27, 2014
[size=15pt]Nothing honorable in Aminu Tambuwal[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Caseless: 8:32am On Nov 27, 2014
Billyonaire:
Egomaniacs seeking vain glory. Instead of investigating an incident, they focused on Tambuwa and his lost speakership.
use your head, instead of ur azz. Have u taken ur time to read, and see what the IG said that frayed the nerves of the honourables? Blame the IG, not the lawmakers.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by hazyfm: 8:32am On Nov 27, 2014
Firefire:

Nothing sensible left in your watery brain

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by hazyfm: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2014
THE IGP DAYS ARE NUMBERED

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Firefire(m): 8:34am On Nov 27, 2014
hazyfm:

Nothing sensible left in your watery brain

If you took an IQ test, the results would be negative. grin grin cheesy cheesy wink

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Caseless: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2014
Ezedon:
The IG did exactly what he should do, BTW why is it that tambuwal, an honourable will bite the finger that fed him
u think like a sheep that u are. What finger fed him that he's 'bitten'?

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by hazyfm: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2014
Billyonaire:

Must you always post trash?

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by hazyfm: 8:35am On Nov 27, 2014
Firefire:

If you took an IQ test, the results would be negative. grin grin cheesy cheesy wink

Let us know when you grow up, We don't mind waiting till 2070
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by lilbabyak(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2014
mumu IGP
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by KwoiZabo(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2014
In as much as i know that the IG is partisan he is at the same time not wrong. Tambuwal caused all this in the first place. You don't steal the 4th most exalted political position and expect the PDP leadership to fold its arms. They must put up a fight and make Tambuwal's buttocks to burn on a position that is theirs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Truckpusher(m): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2014
Caseless:
u think like a sheep that u are. What finger fed him that he's 'bitten'?
How many people can you quote senselessly in a day?You vowel nigglet shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Firefire(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2014
hazyfm:

Let us know when you grow up, We don't mind waiting till 2070

Tambuwal should be treated like a tout he is cheesy
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Firefire(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2014
hazyfm:

Must you always post trash?

Must you always quote trash if you are not A trash undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by aboy247: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2014
How can Honorable's jump fence it still baffles me

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Caseless: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2014
Firefire:
u are fast 'losing' it fire.
What happened to ur once-in-a-good shape head? Phockphockman has infected all u rice collectors with his disease.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Truckpusher(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2014
Caseless:
What happened to ur once-in-a-good shape head? Phockphockman has infected all u rice collectors with his disease.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by hazyfm: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Firefire:

Must you always quote trash if you are not A trash undecided

Still let us know when you grow up undecided

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Firefire(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2014
Caseless:

Bro how you dey now? tongue

I am becoming like this intentionally to win the game.

ACN turned APC pushed me.

We shall amend when the battle is over. Peace-talk comes after warfare.
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by GboyegaD(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2014
The IGP should have lost his job in a sane economy. Is he now a member of the Judiciary or on what ground is he interpreting the law?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by hazyfm: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2014
Firefire:

Tambuwal should be treated like a tout he is cheesy

You are not worthy to see him from 2km, not to talk of shaking his hands
If he is a tout, You are a ***-----***
Fill in the gap
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Firefire(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2014
[s]
hazyfm:

You are not worthy to see him from 2km, not to talk of shaking his hands
If he is a tout, You are a ***-----***
Fill in the gap
[/s]

It is a hand soiled with oil that brings about the lips soiled with oil. grin
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by deflover(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2014
D police is d enforcer of d law...section 68(1) of d nigerian constitution was broken by tambaluwa so he cant remain speaker..good job IGP.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by hazyfm: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2014
Firefire:

It is a hand soiled with oil that brings about the lips soiled with oil. grin

I repeat, You are not even worthy to see him from 2km

If Tambuwal is a Tout, Then you are ***------***
Re: I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP by Firefire(m): 8:53am On Nov 27, 2014
deflover:
D police is d enforcer of d law...section 68(1) of d nigerian constitution was broken by tambaluwa so he cant remain speaker..good job IGP.

Thank you, very accurate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed!!!: Fani Kayode Sneaks Into Tinubu’s House At Midnight To Beg For Mercy / Saraki Refuses To Be Docked - Vanguard / Breaking News: Tribunal Sacks Kashamu, Six Others In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.