Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:11 AM

A Call To Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call To Action (445 Views)

Call To Action: Agents Of Doom Are Set To Destroy Nigeria / Urgent: Mods Call To Action!! / My Resistance To Action Congress Of Nigeria’s Forced Conscription - Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Action by MrEvolution7: 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
Biodun from Abuja posted:

"I was going through the papers this morning when something caught my attention. On one of the pages of Guardian Newspaper is an advertorial – more like a call to action directed at the youths by ballot evolution.
The name Ballot Evolution generates a unique excitement in me, the kind I felt when I got the YouWin grant. Only this time, the excitement is deeply profound and not self-serving. Here is a movement of patriotic youths – only patriotism can drive a Nigerian youth to think responsibility at a time when society seems to place emphasis personal aggrandisement).

The movement could not have come up with a better name that sums up the yearnings and aspirations of youths for Nigeria. I am particularly inspired by the evolving Ballot. For one, it is an apt representation of the ballot in Nigeria which is seen as evolving. The name Youth Ballot Evolution appears to demonstrate, and quite rightly so, the vastly unrealised dreams that Nigerian youths can make come true via the ballot.
The message in the paper reminds the seemingly docile Nigerian youths that they hold the proverbial yam and knife in the coming 2015 general election – a bargaining chip that they should hold on to, deterrence to every unruly politician who fails to. For what can be more powerful than a force that is 53 million persons strong – more than 75% of registered voters. The message reminds us that our strength lies in our number
At a time when the Nigerian youth is increasingly associated with various vices, Youth Ballot Evolution presents a new vista of hope that represents what I stand for. I have earnestly and continually seek a confirmation that there are others like me who believe that youths of this country can be motivated to participate actively and meaningfully in the country’s electoral process.

Fellow Nigerian youths, have our share of blame in Nigeria’s stock of woe. But history has so far been very patient and fair to us. But now is the time to redeem ourselves. Let us take responsibility for our future, should we fail history will judge. The 2015 general elections is a unique opportunity for us to get it right.

May I conclude with the Youth Ballot Evolution Mantra: Remember Your Vote, Your Choice, Your Destiny."

[size=15]Youth Ballot Evolution[/size]

[size=15]Dicussion Thread[/size]

More on Guardian and Thisday newspapers.

(1) (Reply)

Former Top Chinese Official Arrested In Corruption Probe / 31 Dead In Double Bombing In Jos City / Buhari's Words On Marble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.