Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala (19696 Views)

Airforce Commences Night Training In Lagos (Don't Panic) / Fuel Not Scarce, Don't Panic Buying - NNPC Tells Nigerians (October 14th) / Amaechi To Wike "We Are Ready For Handover, Don't Panic'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by texazzpete(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
cooljude:
Funny enough most people here don't know the reason why OPEC had agreed to allow the price of oil remain low but would rather just speak anyhow. They agreed not to reduce production because they don't want Americas shale oil to be profitable which would be profitable at 100 dollars, thereby making America and others abandon their long time plan for shale oil. It would affect some OPEC country but the strategy is to make sure that OPEC nation would continue to be the major oil bloc in the world.

Does anyone truly care about this? What's the sense in bringing this up?
The only criticial information we need to know is that Oil price is dropping below our benchmark price, our Naira is being devalued, austerity measures are being prescribed that will see fuel, food and 'luxury good' price going up. The buffer we should have had in place has long since been frittered away, leaving us looking increasingly vulnerable.

Nigerians are (rightly) worried and you're babbling inanities about OPEC politics angry
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by anonimi: 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
texazzpete:

As far as I know, your only role on Nairaland is to divert criticisms of anybody in the FEC to the Senators, Governors and LGAs.
This is a thread talking about dire consequences to the economy and you're still desperately trying to paint the FEC folks as blameless saints.

Is there something wrong with you? Do you enjoy destroying and devaluing your own country?

I have not done any such thing as you allege.
Quite the contrary. Have I not used the word SOLELY, on this same thread, to refer to the attention given our president while the WORSE looters are ignored to our collective detriment

Was this not the post I responded to?

davodyguy:
with the election coming and Jonathan who spends money anyhow on campaign, Nigeria is in big trouble

Do you think it is inappropriate to have pointed out that our president is not the ONLY one who should be targeted
Are many of the governors not also campaigning, some even for the presidency?

Perhaps you need to take the advice you gave someone a while back about using the English Primer (or something similar) shocked
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by DOD1: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
ellguapo:
^^^
Lol. Most times the high positions bestowed on Africans are mere charade, they put them there as puppet in order to have maximum grip on their economical interest in the regions. Normal western shenanigan tongue
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by InvertedHammer: 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
sebali:
When Okonjo speaks I wonder how she ever got to such a high position in world bank because I use to think that Imanmadu(man kn man) was peculiar to africa.
\
Sharp object sharpens sharp object.

This is why parents advise their wards to keep good and intelligent companies.

NOI works with dullards and they have reduced her to their level.

You cannot sleep with pigs and expect to smell fresh in the morning.

/

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by crystalzoe: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
cooljude:
Funny enough most people here don't know the reason why OPEC had agreed to allow the price of oil remain low but would rather just speak anyhow. They agreed not to reduce production because they don't want Americas shale oil to be profitable which would be profitable at 100 dollars, thereby making America and others abandon their long time plan for shale oil. It would affect some OPEC country but the strategy is to make sure that OPEC nation would continue to be the major oil bloc in the world.
I ve been reading this thread to see if any body really understands the politics behind the fall in oil price. thank you for being enlightened!
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
There will be enough oil to drink
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by texazzpete(m): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
anonimi:

I have not done any such thing as you allege.
Quite the contrary. Have I not used the word SOLELY, on this same thread, to refer to the attention given our president while the WORSE looters are ignored to our collective detriment

Was this not the post I responded to?

Do you think it is inappropriate to have pointed out that our president is not the ONLY one who should be targeted
Are many of the governors not also campaigning, some even for the presidency?

Perhaps you need to take the advice you gave someone a while back about using the English Primer (or something similar) shocked

I suggest you take your own advice and re-read my post carefully...unless you're alleging President Jonathan is secretly a female?

You post that I responded to began with "She has done an EXCELLENT job so far"

Now your response to me is about Jonathan. Are you saying GEJ is a woman?
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by olajide8(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
donodion:
Gradually.......Ngozi have metamorphosized into GEJ character.....fooling Nigerians at every given opportunity.

she has always been like that - right from when her and deizani planned to sabotage nigeria by taking the price of petrol to N140, that has been the only thing she has been targeting and the only thing shes their to do- nigeria has been on auto-pilot for a long time just a few people that want to hold nigeria together have been doing it, the likes of sanusi lamido- and the formal eze odumegu formal national population commission boss, the rest are just their to steal...
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
@anonimo dont u know that nigerian leaders have political dogs on internet to attack brilliant people who try to expose them? If are not chap enough dont try to critise them or else their dogs will attack & carpet you

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by holatoj(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
as if i care...wen it was high gan we no se d impact...#mtcheew
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Emulti(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
remove d subsidies sharp sharp!
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by skyfall: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Believe that woman at your own risk.

The only thing Nigerians can gain from this situation is to use the opportunity to choose good leaders who'll maximize the use of our resources.
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by nduchucks: 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
cooljude:

Some experts however believe that we are entering a new era for oil prices, where the market itself will manage supply, no longer Saudi Arabia and OPEC!

I'd recommend this article for inquisive minds. Either way, these events should wean Nigeria from oil gluttony.

The bad news is that the common people will suffer severely because the $20billion($10.8billion) which would have come in handy, in the coming rainy days is gone with the wind! Wharrrapity!!

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDS TO SAY...HER [color=#990000][/color]HER SALARY IS IN COOL USA DOLLARS, SO SHE IS SMILING TO THE BANK AS WE SPEAK!!!

SHE WILL EVEN PRAY NAIRA FALLS TO 200 TO A DOLLAR

Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by macalashe(m): 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmm....I still wonder if there was any proactive measure or strategy to combat this kind of challenge before now. sad
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by olajide8(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
ApexTitan:
All of a sudden everyone here is an expert financial analyst.

It's all very easy to solve problems from the outside, that's why everybody and their mamas are making all kinds of comments here.

That's to show how many nigerian's are well informed as against ignorant ones- its not rocket science and its definitely not 16 is greater then 19 OR 7 impeach 19 members to elect a speaker, its simple basic's, that don't need calculation of formula's

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Scholes007(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
I am very sad and disappointed how Nigerians comment...instead of constructive and objective comments you find useless and irrelevant comments...we should note that this is a global problem and that it is not a good omen to oil dependent countries like Nigeria...the question is what are the alternatives to oil....how are we going to harness it(the alternatives). Is the government doing enough to adapt to the situation and also harness the alternatives ...etc. not politicising,and calling the leaders useless names.
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by wordcat(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
sebali:
When Okonjo speaks I wonder how she ever got to such a high position in world bank because I use to think that Imanmadu(man kn man) was peculiar to africa.

Opportunity
Luck
Information
And.....
Ima mmadu (man know man) as u rightly put it.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by bookface: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
I wonder if this woman's salary is still being paid in USD as in the Obasanjo days?
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by sebali: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2014
ellguapo:
^^^
Lol. Most times the high positions bestowed on Africans are mere charade, they put them there as puppet in order to have maximum grip on their economical interest in the regions. Normal western shenanigan tongue

I couldn't agree more
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by cooljude(m): 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
texazzpete:

Does anyone truly care about this? What's the sense in bringing this up?
The only criticial information we need to know is that Oil price is dropping below our benchmark price, our Naira is being devalued, austerity measures are being prescribed that will see fuel, food and 'luxury good' price going up. The buffer we should have had in place has long since been frittered away, leaving us looking increasingly vulnerable.

Nigerians are (rightly) worried and you're babbling inanities about OPEC politics angry
I am talking about the reason why some countries in OPEC took this decision and i never talked about its effect on the country. I get what you are saying but passing your rage on me would change nothing. Is it my fault that our government policy is short sighted. Very soon the demand for oil would be very low then what would our future be like. It is high time we start doing something different from oil to generate revenue.
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
NuhuRibadu:

Hi! I'm recruiting young nigerians for a change movement. Could you please drop your contact here?

Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n61hnVoHieq2e8hgyAyG-h22hwtH5uUGhkL4JQiPAAs/viewform
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
Clone2020:

Hi! I'm recruiting young nigerians for a change movement. Could you please drop your contact here?

Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n61hnVoHieq2e8hgyAyG-h22hwtH5uUGhkL4JQiPAAs/viewform
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by 99100(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
ellguapo:
^^^

A check on her academic record/achievements will convince you.

Stop deceiving urself.

Her parents are profs.

All graduates of Harvard university.

She is a prof in waiting.

Are you jealous ? You are free to but don't be envious.
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by Kingspin(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
sebali:
Crude oil mentality..
Re: Oil Price Fall: Don't Panic; Trust Our Strategies! - Okonjo-Iweala by obamma: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nigerians, how market today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Seen To Be Underperforming, His Govt Is Hijacked - Lawal Idris / Buhari Will Not Steal Our Money, Says Osinbajo As He Begins Door-to-door Campaig / How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.