Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster (1187 Views)

Lagos Youth Declares Support For Jonathan's Second Term / Jonathan's 2nd Term Will Steer Nigeria's Break-Up - Primate Ayodele / LOTT`S Daughter: President Goodluck Jonathan Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2014
Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second term Will Be A Disaster
History has a lot of lessons for us. History itself though an event of the past is vision of tomorrow. History is a divine prophet. Little wonder why science relies on history so much to unravel mysteries. I have not seen in history a government or political party in its second term that outperformed its first term in office.

History has a lot of lessons for us. History itself though an event of the past is vision of tomorrow. History is a divine prophet. Little wonder why science relies on history so much to unravel mysteries. I have not seen in history a government or political party in its second term that outperformed its first term in office. Public office holders often disguise and show less of their color in first terms only to activate the beast in them in their second term when they think nothing is at stake.

The Economist
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo awed the world in his first term in office, teachers had their fortune and Nigerians smiled more in his first term. Obasanjo showed the beast in him in his second term. Olusegun Mimiko governor of Ondo State was brilliant in his drive for a better plight for Ondo State citizens and we sang his name. Mimiko got his second term and his current dispositions are tantamount to that of a possessed mad man who listens only to the voice of his demons and we curse his name daily.

I wonder and ponder over the matter of second term for President Jonathan, and I have 5 reasons why I think Jonathan’s second term in office will be a national disaster.

INSECURITY

The carnage unleashed by boko haram terrorists in Nigeria is alarming. The situation is ominous and the government of the day’s body language says “no cause for control”. The kids’ glove used by the present government in dealing with this barbaric and animalistic disposition of terrorists is dangerous and dreadful. The President dines with boko haram sponsors and declared a ceasefire when it appears that the military is winning the war. It is annoying that the military only decided to assault book haram when top military commanders were killed. Obviously the government is playing political games with the peoples’ lives. A nation under terrorist’s siege will never experience peace if the evil is not stamped out from the land early enough. Now that the president has failed to eliminate this evil under first term pressure, there is nothing to expect from him in his more comfortable second term.

CORRUPTION

We have experienced successive governments of thieves but never in history have we had it so bad. Corruption under President Goodluck Jonathan’s government is being defended and encouraged in no little measure. We have seen thieves pardoned and incongruously awarded.

Sanni Abacha’s award comes to mind. The wanton consumption of oil money by the minister of Petroleum Alison Madueke is unchecked. The whereabouts of over N20 billion that grew wings in the NNPC is yet to be discovered. We have not seen conviction and imprisonment of corrupt public office holders and that is enough proof that corruption will increase to disastrous levels in Goodluck Jonathan’s second term. Certainly it will! Would you allow that?

UNEMPLOYMENT

It is no more news that Nigeria is a ticking time bomb. The problem of unemployment and our poverty rate is pitiable. Just like past governments, the government pumps billions of money into fixing the problem but the average Nigerian does not benefit from such provisions. Perhaps it is just money for the colonies of thieves swarming the corridors of power. We will hold the President responsible for the sins of his Ministers. The death for

Job in the recent Immigration recruitment comes to mind. Conditional ties to loan packages ensure that only the rich benefit from such provisions hence the increasing gap between the rich and the poor. The recent N220 billion intervention fund was given to the Bank of Industry that has consistently failed to use billions already in its coffers to better the lives of the very needy. This trend will continue in Goodluck Jonathans second term in office. We therefore foresee the same result. Mr Jonathan! You don’t deserve a second term. My readers, does he?

HIGH COST OF EDUCATION

Every problem we face in our country stems partly from poor education. From the uncivil act of terrorists to the street hawkers, something is lacking. Education!

The cruel increase in tuition fees recently in our universities and colleges has put many out of school. I suppose the government should augment the increase with scholarships and education loans as practiced in foreign countries with high cost of education. It is plain robbery to bill us so high without matching quality. The recent greed induced increase in Tution fees at National Open University of Nigeria speaks volume. We need quality and affordable education that we can use to better our lives even if there are no jobs out there. Unfortunately, I don’t see it happening in Goodluck Jonathan’s second term. Should we not vote him out?

POOR INFRASTRUCTURE

With infrastructure developments comes jobs and employment. The government of the day over reliance on oil is disastrous. Almost all facets of Nigeria suffer except the oil industry. Agriculture has taken the most hit. The promise of diversifying the economy over the years have not been kept and in fact, despite the propaganda of improvement in agriculture, all over the south west, I have only seen a combine harvester in Ipeme town of Ondo State and it has broken down for over two decades now. How has the government of the day mechanized farming? What infrastructures have been developed? Mr Jonathan’s creeks and farmlands are polluted with oil, perhaps a reason not to border. Anyway, a second term will not bring the change. We say no.

Rushing to the polling units to casts votes without considering our pressing issues and the capability of our desired candidates to fix these marauding problems will be unwise.

The above points are not mine. They are all from the greatest prophet and seer of all times. History!

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/26/five-reasons-why-goodluck-jonathans-second-term-will-be-disaster

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by braine(m): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2014
Its a disaster already.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by Ambrogio(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2014
His 2nd term, if he ever gets it, is the final death of what used to be a country called Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by CharliParker: 10:04am On Nov 28, 2014
Voting GEJ is like voting the above mentioned even more worst,killing and bombing will increase and most Nigerians will then get ready to rest in peace. Most people who shouted Goodluck Goodluck 2011 have joined their ancestors because of Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by lilflipnerd: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2014
This shouldn't happen again

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2014
A NEW WORD IS ADDED IN OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY.

GEJPHOBIA =(noun)A GRAVE FEAR OF Goodluck Jonathan that make the victim restless and induced incoherent speech.
if not properly treatment often lead to madness, high bp and untimely death

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by ratiken(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2014
It will be worse if GEJ does not return in 2015.

Zero funds from damaged oil facilities
Unpaid salaries and no more subsidy
Increased militancy in addition to bokoharam
Anarchy

Whichever way you look at it, Nigeria cannot survive under current structure beyond 5yrs. Something must change.
Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by egift(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2014
ratiken:

Anarchy

Whichever way you look at it, Nigeria cannot survive under current structure beyond 5yrs. Something must change.

There will always be crisis, the question will be what is done about it. You thing the next president of Nigeria will be watch helplessly if people and properties are destroyed in the Niger-Delta, North-East or any other part of Nigeria? Or do you think the next President will be too afraid to visit any troubled region in Nigeria?

The problem with Jonathan is not just the wrong things he is doing, but also the good things he is unable to do.
Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by lilflipnerd: 10:49am On Nov 28, 2014
I saw this Article here on NL. I just want the world to see it. Pls Support by Rebroadcasting
Mubi,the biggest commercial town in Adamawa state, was thrown into chaos the day
Boko Haram descended on them and the people found themselves running for their lives.
The terrorists shot sporadically, killing a lot of people while those who could escape
jumped into any available car to run to safety.
Christians,Muslims, Igbos, Yorubas, Tivs, Hausas and any tribe or religion,
jumped onto any vehicle that was headed outside the town.
Soldiers scampered onto trucks with civilians, begging to be saved,
hundreds of people who could not get a vehicle ran into the hills.
In their frantic effort to stay alive, no one paid attention to anybody's religion
or ethnicity before asking them for help or helping them to stay alive.
It was a community of people, united by their desire to
escape the common enemy that hunted them all without discrimination.
Ethnicity and religion vanished, all they were left with was their humanity. Those climbing the hills stayed
together, helping one another stay on their feet
as they all tried to survive.

The most interesting part of the narrative is that
the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Badeh is from the same town of Mubi.
It has been reported that few hours before the attack, helicopters flew in and evacuated his family
members from the town. The chief of Defence staff by the way,
is the most senior military officer in Nigeria and he controls the army, navy and air force. Before that sad day,
someone from Mubi would have boasted that
the Chief of Defence Staff is from their home town.
But on the day that it mattered the most, he
evacuated only his family members and abandoned everyone else to their fate.
It means he had information of the Impending attack and
as the most senior military commander,
he did not fly into the town to lead his men to battle to defend his community.
He quietly saved only his family and left even
the soldiers without an inspiring commander to
motivate them to engage the terrorists and defend his community.

One lesson all Nigerians must learn from this
story is that as a people, all we have is our neighbours. When you need some help at home,
you knock on the door of your neighbour. The president, governor, senator or minister is not
there to help you. Why then should you continue
to fight your neighbour because of a man or
woman who cares only about his own family?
Our elites may deceive us about sharing the same religion or ethnicity with us,
but time and again, they have proven that they do not care.
We have been fools, killing one another on the
basis of religion and ethnicity while they stay
united across all the divides and plunder our wealth.

The time has come for us to rise, educate one another and unite to fight our biggest common enemy.
The politicians are our enemies and not the poor struggling men and women in our neighbourhoods.
What now will the people of Mubi boast about as
the gain of having their son as the chief of Defence Staff? If you go to Otueke where Jonathan comes from, there are many people
who live in excruciating poverty!
There is still a lot of poverty and suffering in the home towns of all our governors, ministers,
parliamentarians and former presidents, while they and their families live in scandalous affluence.
The minister of petroleum spent over 10 billion Naira on a private jet. That money can end the poverty of several communities in her state.
Stella Oduah bought two cars with 120 million Naira while there are people in her home town
who can't afford 500 Naira to feed their family in a day.
The time to throw away the sentiments is now!
Support only a man or woman who has a just
heart and will serve everyone and every community regardless of if they come from there
or not. The moment anyone begins to talk to
you about religion or ethnicity, reject him.

summarily!
We need leaders who will unite us because our shared humanity is greater than any differences between us.
And if someone does something wrong or fails in governance, do not support them simply because they're your own

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by lilflipnerd: 10:52am On Nov 28, 2014
ratiken:

Anarchy

does ur post makes any sense to u, My Brothers n Sisters die everyday from Casualties n my Govt do nothing about it. And u ask me to return that same Government.
Bro Pls I don't like to Get angry

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by ratiken(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2014
lilflipnerd:
does ur post makes any sense to u, My Brothers n Sisters die everyday from Casualties n my Govt do nothing about it. And u ask me to return that same Government.
Bro Pls I don't like to Get angry

Am not asking you to return the government. ... I am just pre-informing you that things will get worse and there is nothing you can do about it....... You'll just continue complaining from where you stopped under GEJ.

If truth or reality gets you angry ....... sorry.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by lilflipnerd: 11:54am On Nov 28, 2014
ratiken:

Am not asking you to return the government. ... I am just pre-informing you that things will get worse and there is nothing you can do about it....... You'll just continue complaining from where you stopped under GEJ.

If truth or reality gets you angry ....... sorry.
My Vote is my power.
Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by Pangea: 11:55am On Nov 28, 2014
Anything but this useless government!
Re: Five Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan's Second Term Will Be A Disaster by Funniez: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is the first time I wuld say this: Jonathan go back to Otuoke in 2015 we are tired of ur cluelessness and corrupt government.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Normalcy Returns To Mubi As Soldiers, Hunters, CJTF Advance Towards Michika- VOA / Ogonis Protest, Threaten To boycott General Election / We Never Endorsed Buhari — Ex-mend Commanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.