Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (653125 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:14am On May 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
My friend, you will surely lose your money. Trump will not win more than 10% of Latino votes. He will not win more than 5% of African American votes. He will not win more than 27 To 30% of Asian votes and definitely he wouldn't win more than 30% of Women votes. With Electoral system of US, how will he get to 270 Electoral votes ?. White votes which is diminishing every year is not enough to catapult him into the WH. His bigotry, misogynistic and inexperience will doom his candidacy. America is too diverse to elect a confirmed bigot as a President. That's why some Republican senators running for election are distancing themselves from him ala Mark Kirk of my own State Illinois.

It's not about the share of Latino votes or African American votes. It's about electoral college. Popular votes don't necessarily win elections in the US.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:17pm On May 24, 2016
ApostleT:

It's not about the share of Latino votes or African American votes. It's about electoral college. Popular votes don't necessarily win elections in the US.
So what you are telling me is that Latino votes don't count as well as women and blacks and Asian votes. Obviously, you are not in tune with how electoral votes of each States work. OK. Will leave you with your illusion that Trump will win.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:01pm On May 24, 2016
North Korean Envoy Rejects Trump Overtures to Meet Leader

GENEVA (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposal to meet North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is a "kind of propaganda or advertisement" in his election race, a senior North Korean official said on Monday.

Trump, in a wide-ranging interview with Reuters in New York last week, said he is willing to talk to the North Korean leader to try to stop Pyongyang's nuclear program, proposing a major shift in U.S. policy toward the isolated nation.

"It is up to the decision of my Supreme Leader whether he decides to meet or not, but I think his (Trump's) idea or talk is nonsense," So Se Pyong, North Korea's ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, told Reuters on return from Pyongyang after attending the first ruling party congress in 36 years. "It's for utilization of the presidential election, that's all.

A kind of a propaganda or advertisement," he said. "This is useless, just a gesture for the presidential election." "There is no meaning, no sincerity," So added.

As a candidate, U.S. President Barack Obama made unfulfilled campaign promises to meet the leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), he said.

North Korea conducted a fourth nuclear test in January and launched a long-range rocket in February, triggering tougher international sanctions and the adoption of a more hardline position by South Korean President Park Geun-hye. So, who is also North Korea's ambassador to the U.N.- backed Conference on Disarmament, reiterated that his country was prepared to return to stalled six-party talks on its nuclear program. China and Russia backed the idea, but the United States and its allies South Korea and Japan reject it, he said. "As a responsible nuclear state ... we will never use them first," So said.

"If the United States use their nuclear weapons first, then we have to use also that one." "If the United States gives up their hostile policies and changes their attitude, then we also (can) have relations as a normal country," So said. "To South Korea, we proposed high-level military talks but South Korea refused now." South Korea dismissed on Monday a North Korean proposal for military talks as "a bogus peace offensive" and said it was formally rejecting the overture because it lacked a plan to end the North's nuclear program. So said that North Korea would not share nuclear technology with other countries. "As a responsible nuclear state, we keep and observe the obligations of non- proliferation of nuclear technology".

http://reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0YE2IZ
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Hilarious but True Comments.

Even North Korea where their first language is not English can see through this conman's BS better than Trump cult followers.

When that wackadoodle thinks you're too crazy, and yet a political party thinks you're a legitimate candidate for the highest office in the land, I seriously want to crawl in a hole and hide until this whole disaster is behind us.

The North Korean leadership is absolutely crazy but they aren't stupid. It's clear to anybody with an IQ above room temperature that Trump is a con artist.

when a north korean totalitarian leader shows more sense than a large portion of an electorate
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
So what you are telling me is that Latino votes don't count as well as women and blacks and Asian votes. Obviously, you are not in tune with how electoral votes of each States work. OK. Will leave you with your illusion that Trump will win.

grin grin grin grin

Nobody talking illusion. The last time I checked trump is leading Clinton by 9 points among white women. Trump's lead among independents continue to rise. Trump is slowly improving with Latinos. Even the most liberal media now admits Trump is surging.

To your confusion. If majority of latinos are concentrated in CA for example and Hillary wins CA she might have won 30% of all her latino votes. It's about the spread and how that spread will make an impact on the electoral college not necessarily how many latinos vote. There are some states that can swing the election e.g OH, FL and PA.

During FL primaries many latinos vote for Trump over Rubio, who is a latino yet we were told how Trump doesn't do well with Latinos.

Clinton's women card is being destroyed. Audio of Hillary laughing and explaining how she defended a rapist in Arkansas is out. Her defence of Bill Clinton and her war on women abused by Bill doesn't really show she's a women defender. if Trump successfully argue that case. Her most potent weapon i.e. "the woman card" gets destroyed.

You have Bernie supporters trying to rally 1 million protesters to the DNC convention. This could easily result in violence. Trump wants RNC convention to have a showbiz factor, if that is successful it will be a clear contrast to DNC convention where protests may break out. That will cause Hillary to loose some more votes to Trump.

I must admit that I am Trump biased as I have supported him since the Iowa caucus. shocked

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:37pm On May 24, 2016
ApostleT:

grin grin grin grin

Nobody talking illusion. The last time I checked trump is leading Clinton by 9 points among white women. Trump's lead among independents continue to rise. Trump is slowly improving with Latinos. Even the most liberal media now admits Trump is surging.

To your confusion. If majority of latinos are concentrated in CA for example and Hillary wins CA she might have won 30% of all her latino votes. It's about the spread and how that spread will make an impact on the electoral college not necessarily how many latinos vote. There are some states that can swing the election e.g OH, FL and PA.

During FL primaries many latinos vote for Trump over Rubio, who is a latino yet we were told how Trump doesn't do well with Latinos.

Clinton's women card is being destroyed. Audio of Hillary laughing and explaining how she defended a rapist in Arkansas is out. Her defence of Bill Clinton and her war on women abused by Bill doesn't really show she's a women defender. if Trump successfully argue that case. Her most potent weapon i.e. "the woman card" gets destroyed.

You have Bernie supporters trying to rally 1 million protesters to the DNC convention. This could easily result in violence. Trump wants RNC convention to have a showbiz factor, if that is successful it will be a clear contrast to DNC convention where protests may break out. That will cause Hillary to loose some more votes to Trump.

I must admit that I am Trump biased as I have supported him since the Iowa caucus. shocked
Good luck to you as you are in league with KKK and the White Supremacists backing trump. The funny thing is that tramp don't even like people of your ilk.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2016
About Time people got Sick of Bernie Sanders.

I used to like Sanders but now he's just getting greedy. If he really believes what he says, why is he still doing this? Handing the WH to Trump will only undo the little progress we have done in the last 8 years.

-He's a communist. He's going to try to get the presidency through hell or high water. He's a hypocrite and a dangerous man. And they call Trump dangerous. If they can't get to office through democracy, they get it through force. Bernie knew the rules going in. To say now that the system is rigged, because he's not winning, makes him a sore loser.

-This lying, hypocritical, opportunistic, entitled old man wants to win the nomination by intimidation, division, violence and bullying just like that orange lying machine Trump. I can't even stand this old soar loser. I lost all the respect when he moved away from the message that attracted me to him and made me drive miles to see him speak in two different states to leading an anti-Hillary cult movement using years worth GOP baseless attack points. Instead of his campaign standing for something now it sounds like his campaign is just against everything Hillary. It is so sad he turned up to be just another egotistical, entitled, angry old man.

-Witness an out-of-control, bitter old man whose all about his ego and who can't imagine playing well with others. He is not, and never was a Democrat. They let him in so he could run, and he's turned out to be the frozen snake who got himself in, warmed up, and is ready to fatally bite anyone who disagrees with him. He fantasizes about 1968 and is trying to recreate chaos. Sanders supporters are a lot like Jim Jones followers. Pass the Kool Aid.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2016
ApostleT:

grin grin grin grin

What post do you hold at Fox News?Cause you dished out lots of lies here!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:
About Time people got Sick of Bernie Sanders.

You are right buddy. BS will pack his bags and go back to Vermont in couple weeks.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:25pm On May 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are right buddy. BS will pack his bags and go back to Vermont in couple weeks.
I'm glad Hillary declined to debate him California.After Thirteen debates and she's still the frontrunner and Sanders wants another debate on Fox News,for godsake Fox,the anti-Hillary,anti-Dems news outlet.What need is the debate?

Sanders has had 13debates to put his message and policies out there but the people have chosen the better candidate-Hillary Clinton.Can Sanders just stop being petty and fvcking stop building a conspiracy that he's a mole set to destroy the party.

Every time wasted on Sanders is victory for Trump and analysts have said Grumpy grandpa is the reason behind Trumps rise in polls.Wait till the primaries are over,Trump will meet his worst nightmare cause if there's anything,Hillary will push a policy based campaign and not Trump's bullying campaign.

Waiting to see Trump getting decimated by Hillary in the debates.It would be fun to watch cause Trump will only keep misfiring and setting his campaign on fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:37pm On May 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I'm glad Hillary declined to debate him California.After Thirteen debates and she's still the frontrunner and Sanders wants another debate on Fox News,for godsake Fox,the anti-Hillary,anti-Dems party.What need is the debate?

Sanders has had 13debates to put his message and policies out there but the people have chosen the better candidate-Hillary Clinton.Can Sanders just stop being petty and fvcking stop building a conspiracy that he's a mole set to destroy the party.
A lots of those Bernie Trolls are being financed by the Koch Brothers and other Republican leaning PACS. It's there way of trying to deny Hillary the nomination. That's why BS wins those Open Primary States. BS is an egotistic old man and all his rants will be over after California primary.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:42pm On May 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Apostle T sure don't know what he's talking about. He's just gobbling up all the junk he's getting from Faux News. You have bunch of them on nairaland that don't know diddly square about American politics but they will come up and become American Political Analyst. Thank God they have no say in November.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:47pm On May 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Apostle T sure don't know what he's talking about. He's just gobbling up all the junk he's getting from Faux News. You have bunch of them on nairaland that don't know diddly square about American politics but they will come up and become American Political Analyst. Thank God they have no say in November.
I love this grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:51pm On May 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I love this grin
Seriously, some of them don't like me saying that and they have called me names because of that. I always ask them to use that energy in making Nigeria a better place for them to live. Their hatred for America is pathological and I know why they hate America. Like I told one dimwit, America wears their scorn like a badge of honor.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Seriously, some of them don't like me saying that and they have called me names because of that. I always ask them to use that energy in making Nigeria a better place for them to live. Their hatred for America is pathological and I know why they hate America. Like I told one dimwit, America wears their scorn like a badge of honor.
The number of hours they spend on google searching for every anti-American news online can be invested to finding solutions to Nigeria.Yet they come online and proudly form their anti-American hate club while their country deteriorates beyond human saving.Very pathetic cause no matter the bullshit they through at the United States,no country can compare to her in all glory,they can only contend but they would never win the title.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:
The number of hours they spend on google searching for every anti-American news online can be invested to finding solutions to Nigeria.Yet they come online and proudly form their anti-American hate club while their country deteriorates beyond human saving.Very pathetic cause no matter the bullshit they through at the United States,no country can compare to her in all glory,they can only contend but they would never win the title.
Gbam. Part of it is jealousy too. That's why they are always name calling. I don't back down from bullies. That's why I get ugly with couple of them by counter punching. They love to intimidate people if you let them. It could have been easy to ignore them like Missy but they get their ego boosted. I wasn't raised in Uptown Chicago for anyone to intimidate me. I wouldn't throw the first punch but I surely would punch back because I am a brawler and counterpuncher . In Chicago here, I am even *Packing* . Will be damned if I let a man intimidate me.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:45pm On May 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:

What is wrong with fox news?. Almost all the MSM are left leaning, whats with the liberal obsession with fox news? Have you ever watched MSNBC?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 24, 2016
I voted for Hillary yesterday

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:28pm On May 24, 2016
CFCman:
Congrats CFCman. I know you won't disappoint.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2016
Missy89:

What is wrong with fox news?. Almost all the MSM are left leaning, whats with the liberal obsession with fox news? Have you ever watched MSNBC?
Fox is nauseating.They should be renamed Tea Party Evangelical conservative News.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2016
CFCman:
You won't regret being on the right side of History.We can't afford a global disaster in the White House.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 24, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You won't regret being on the right side of History.We can't afford a global disaster in the White House.
Proudly #TeamHRC

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 12:26am On May 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Fox is nauseating.They should be renamed Tea Party Evangelical conservative News.

So what will you call MSNBC then?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:57am On May 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
You get that right. You know there is a power struggle at Faux News between Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch oldest son over the direction of Faux News. When Rupert kick the bucket, it's going to be a different perspective from Faux News because the second biggest shareholder in Faux News is the Billionaire Prince from Saudia Arabia. It's going to be interesting to watch the end of their propaganda and hatred of minorities they spew out everyday.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:54am On May 25, 2016
Trump crushes the competition in Washington state grin

He now has 1,196 delegates; 41 away from mathematically clinching the nomination.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2016
Missy89:

So what will you call MSNBC then?
MSNBC is still quite moderate.They don't entirely lean to the left.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:10am On May 25, 2016
CFCman:
Proudly #TeamHRC
#StrongerTogether
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You get that right. You know there is a power struggle at Faux News between Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch oldest son over the direction of Faux News. When Rupert kick the bucket, it's going to be a different perspective from Faux News because the second biggest shareholder in Faux News is the Billionaire Prince from Saudia Arabia. It's going to be interesting to watch the end of their propaganda and hatred of minorities they spew out everyday.
Murdoch's sons want a change in the toxic programming from Fox but Ailes has not gotten over his demotion yet.It would be interesting to watch truly grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:42am On May 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
MSNBC is still quite moderate.They don't entirely lean to the left.

Lolz. Like seriously? grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 8:36am On May 25, 2016
Missy89:

Lolz. Like seriously? grin
MSNBC tries to make a clear distinction between left leaning opinions and their news content.They don't integrate both like Fox does,Fox has made conservative opinions part of their news content.

Which is why I believe MSNBC is moderate.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:49am On May 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
MSNBC tries to make a clear distinction between left leaning opinions and their news content.They don't integrate both like Fox does,Fox has made conservative opinions part of their news content.

Which is why I believe MSNBC is moderate.

Every single program on MSNBC is left leaning from Chris Matthews to maddows etc. It is the most liberal channel on cable even more than CNN

There is nothing wrong if fox news decide to go to the right. Liberals already have 95% of the Mainstream media market share but they are still obsessed with the only conservative leaning TV channel. I doubt you even watch Fox news ( i hardly do myself) but if you look at their programs (i watch some on YouTube) you will see they always have at least on liberal on almost every panel of discussion.

Most conservatives even think fox news is RINO anyways.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 8:57am On May 25, 2016
Missy89:

Every single program on MSNBC is left leaning from Chris Matthews to maddows etc. It is the most liberal channel on cable even more than CNN

There is nothing wrong if fox news decide to go to the right. Liberals already have 95% of the Mainstream media market share but they are still obsessed with the only conservative leaning TV channel. I doubt you even watch Fox news ( i hardly do myself) but if you look at their programs (i watch some on YouTube) you will see they always have at least on liberal on almost every panel of discussion.

Most conservatives even think fox news is RINO anyways.
Most of the MSM are very liberal projecting to a still largely conservative country.

I do watch Fox,mostly just to get a good laugh plus my mom is cray for Fox.They try to balance up the conversation,however they still maintain a conservative programming.

I don't believe Fox is RINO except of course they are just to make money from right audiences.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.