Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,502 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (653123 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:03pm On May 26, 2016
stanech:

Do you even know what an insult is? You just said I am fooling myself. Don't you know that is an insult? .

Please refrain from replying my posts just ignore them.
I asked that you don't disgrace yourself with your misinformation and bad judgement of American politics.
How is that an insult?

Am glad you believe you are fooling yourself(your words not mine).
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 11:07pm On May 26, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I asked that you don't disgrace yourself with your misinformation and bad judgement of American politics.
How is that an insult?

Am glad you believe you are fooling yourself(your words not mine).

Just ignore my posts pls.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:53pm On May 26, 2016
ValerianSteel:
That's the Trump effect,surprised how some africans rally around someone who doesn't give a shit about them.

BTW,have you heard of the BernievsTrump debate.Trump campaign has said he was joking about a debate with Sanders.As if he stands a chance at a real debate with Bernie.
It is called Stockholm Syndrome. Ignore the guy because he's just trying to push your button.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:16am On May 27, 2016
Missy89:

That is why a huge faction of the republican party are not lining up behind Trump. Racists, Marxists and reactionaries are hiding within the Democratic party too. That is why Bernie is not dropping out. They are in every party but have always been the minority. Lets see how this election goes. If trump lose, we will rebuild. If he wins, a huge faction will break away. That is my prediction at least
Agreed that your party will rebuild. Reactionaries and Marxists sure are in Democratic Party but racists, common, give me two names. I can name so many racists in the GOP. There is no home for Racist in our party. GOP is the refuge for Neo Nazis and the KKK . It's an open secret that some of these White Nationalists and Racists will be delegates at the Republican Convention at Quicken Loans Arena. Some of them are making robocalls for trump as we speak. They get their cue subliminally from Trump who is your party leader now.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 1:49am On May 27, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Agreed that your party will rebuild. Reactionaries and Marxists sure are in Democratic Party but racists, common, give me two names. I can name so many racists in the GOP. There is no home for Racist in our party. GOP is the refuge for Neo Nazis and the KKK . It's an open secret that some of these White Nationalists and Racists will be delegates at the Republican Convention at Quicken Loans Arena. Some of them are making robocalls for trump as we speak. They get their cue subliminally from Trump who is your party leader now.

The KKK is a democratic party creation to begin with. When the republicans voted en mass for the civil right act signed by lbj (even thou modern progressives try to distort history and claim they passed the civil rights act even thou only 50-60 percent democrats voted for it and over 80 percent republicans did), the racists democrats that broke away and formed the Dixiecrat quietly melted back into the democratic party. Only one or two switched to the republican side. People like George Wallace, Al Gore Snr, Orval Fabus among other remained and retired in the democratic party.

The democrats even elected people Robert Byrd as the President pro tempore of the Senate from 2007-2010. He was a Kleagle in the KKK. Over 90 percent of all elected KKK members are from the democratic party.

Robocalls and superpacs are NOT really controlled by the candidates. By the way, It is easy to name one or two people that are racists in trump's camp ( mainly supporters) I dont think you can name one republican politician that is actually racist. If I am wrong you can name just ONE. You wont find ONE single racist law republicans have actually supported.

And i think it is wrong to think that trump is a republican party leader. He is just a nominee. He is not even a full time politician. Nominees come and go. the party will remain. If he is actually the leader, There wont be calls for party unity.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:45am On May 27, 2016
Missy89:

The KKK is a democratic party creation to begin with. When the republicans voted en mass for the civil right act signed by lbj (even thou modern progressives try to distort history and claim they passed the civil rights act even thou only 50-60 percent democrats voted for it and over 80 percent republicans did), the racists democrats that broke away and formed the Dixiecrat quietly melted back into the democratic party. Only one or two switched to the republican side. People like George Wallace, Al Gore Snr, Orval Fabus among other remained and retired in the democratic party.

The democrats even elected people Robert Byrd as the President pro tempore of the Senate from 2007-2010. He was a Kleagle in the KKK. Over 90 percent of all elected KKK members are from the democratic party.

Robocalls and superpacs are NOT really controlled by the candidates. By the way, It is easy to name one or two people that are racists in trump's camp ( mainly supporters) I dont think you can name one republican politician that is actually racist. If I am wrong you can name just ONE. You wont find ONE single racist law republicans have actually supported.

And i think it is wrong to think that trump is a republican party leader. He is just a nominee. He is not even a full time politician. Nominees come and go. the party will remain. If he is actually the leader, There wont be calls for party unity.
Missy, you are correct that the Dixiecrats who were bigoted democrats are the republicans of today. A good example is Senator Jeff Session of Alabama who is a bigot to me. Another Racist in your camp is Congressman King of Iowa. You forgot when the Grand Wizard of KKK, David Duke was your gubernatorial candidate of Louisiana ?. I don't mean to offend you Missy, any fair observer will tell you that the new home of Racists and Bigots is the GOP. Not all republicans are racists. I never insinuated that but letting bigotry flies is the hallmark of some of your leaders ala Obama citizenship. You wonder why your presidential candidates always get less than 10% of black votes and less than 30% of Latinos and less than 35% of Asian/American votes. I am not much of an ideologue. I think of myself as a Pragmatist. I have even voted for couple Republicans in the past though I regretted the last one. Am not saying all GOPers are racist but the racist nuts find easy acceptance in your party. Remember Congressman Joe Wilson of N/C who shouted you lie during Obama State of the Union address? . Those are subliminal messages to their racist buddies. What about a congressman who refers to Obama as a boy ?. What's that all about. The case of Tramp is a chicken coming home to roost. I am glad because the circus barker and a self promoter is going to do alots of damage to your party. It's a well known fact that whoever carries the presidential flag is the leader of the party. I know you don't care for trump but the damage to your party has been done due to republicans hatred of minorities. Trump started his campaign by demonizing Mexicans calling them rapists, drug dealers and disease carriers. That's a good thing to say about any group. That's why all those rednecks love him His hatred for Latinos, Muslims, Blacks and Women and that will be his Achilles hill in November. He will go back to his two bit hustling after he loses woeful in November and I would love to see GOP rebuild. We need two vibrant political parties in US.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:55pm On May 27, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Missy, you are correct that the Dixiecrats who were bigoted democrats are the republicans of today. A good example is Senator Jeff Session of Alabama who is a bigot to me. Another Racist in your camp is Congressman King of Iowa. You forgot when the Grand Wizard of KKK, David Duke was your gubernatorial candidate of Louisiana ?. I don't mean to offend you Missy, any fair observer will tell you that the new home of Racists and Bigots is the GOP. Not all republicans are racists. I never insinuated that but letting bigotry flies is the hallmark of some of your leaders ala Obama citizenship. You wonder why your presidential candidates always get less than 10% of black votes and less than 30% of Latinos and less than 35% of Asian/American votes. I am not much of an ideologue. I think of myself as a Pragmatist. I have even voted for couple Republicans in the past though I regretted the last one. Am not saying all GOPers are racist but the racist nuts find easy acceptance in your party. Remember Congressman Joe Wilson of N/C who shouted you lie during Obama State of the Union address? . Those are subliminal messages to their racist buddies. What about a congressman who refers to Obama as a boy ?. What's that all about. The case of Tramp is a chicken coming home to roost. I am glad because the circus barker and a self promoter is going to do alots of damage to your party. It's a well known fact that whoever carries the presidential flag is the leader of the party. I know you don't care for trump but the damage to your party has been done due to republicans hatred of minorities. Trump started his campaign by demonizing Mexicans calling them rapists, drug dealers and disease carriers. That's a good thing to say about any group. That's why all those rednecks love him His hatred for Latinos, Muslims, Blacks and Women and that will be his Achilles hill in November. He will go back to his two bit hustling after he loses woeful in November and I would love to see GOP rebuild. We need two vibrant political parties in US.

I noticed you still cant mention one Republican elected official that is actually racist (apart from duke). Shouting down the president is not racist. What is racist about that. Freedom of speech right there.Now lets take a look at all the Dixiecrats

These people stayed in the democratic party

Orval Fabus
Benjamin Travis Laney
John Stennis
James Eastland
Allen Ellender
Russell Long
John Sparkman
John McClellan
Richard Russell
Herman Talmadge
George Wallace
Lester Maddox
John Rarick
Robert Byrd
Al Gore, Sr.
Bull Connor

Only Strom Thurmond and Mills Godwin moved to the Republican side. You keep talking about Duke but do you know that almost every republican was against his election and even tried to prevent him from seating after he won?

Minorities dont vote for the republicans for few reasons.

1) The democratic media, social and intellectual machine has made them to believe what you are saying. Blacks are being told there is this huge shadowy cabal trying to get them.

2) Welfare. There are more whites taking welfare but if you adjust for population size more minorities are. They are voting democrat to keep that privilege. It is actually creating more poor people

If you look at all the domestic issues, Blacks are even traditionally more conservative because of the influence of black churches back in the day. They dont approve same sex marriage, dont want affirmative action, and want to end social security (because life expectancy among old blacks was lower hence, their social security benefits will not be used and they could have passed that money to their kids), they want secured borders ( because Latinos are taking over some traditional black jobs ) They believe in the idea of traditional family and even before the 60s had the highest number of households intact even more than whites before welfare ruined it.

That is why the democrats have no incentive to police the borders because as long as minorities come into the US and have a path to citizenship or have kids, they will vote for them. Honestly thou, some conservatives supporting trump are not even doing it because they like him. I have this friend that hates trump but just like the idea that he is going to build a wall and will vote for him for that simple reason.

You are conservative. you just dont know it yet The republican party have a messaging problem

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2016
I went through the State Department's IG report.The main criticism in the report against Secretary Clinton's use of personal email is that she didn't request or receive permission from the State Department to do so.

But the same State Department has come out to say,though there's's a guidance on communications but private email use has never been explicitly prohibited.My question then is,Why should Hillary ask permission on something that is not prohibited?

The report has also shown there won't be an indictment as the email scandal points to a systematic breakdown within the State Department as previous Secretaries have been caught doing sam(Rice and Powell) as well as other top officials in the State Department.Why the fuss?Oh its a Clinton,twenty five years on and she still scares the bejesus out of republicans.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 2:56am On May 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I went through the State Department's IG report.The main criticism in the report against Secretary Clinton's use of personal email is that she didn't request or receive permission from the State Department to do so.

But the same State Department has come out to say,though there's's a guidance on communications but private email use has never been explicitly prohibited.My question then is,Why should Hillary ask permission on something that is not prohibited?

The report has also shown there won't be an indictment as the email scandal points to a systematic breakdown within the State Department as previous Secretaries have been caught doing sam(Rice and Powell) as well as other top officials in the State Department.Why the fuss?Oh its a Clinton,twenty five years on and she still scares the bejesus out of republicans.

honestly Clinton is the weakest candidate in recent times to run as a democrat. If Romney was running this year, It will be a cake walk

The GOP just happened to be stuck with someone like Trump. I dont think anyone is actually scared of her.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by YTkester: 4:06am On May 28, 2016
Missy89:

honestly Clinton is the weakest candidate in recent times to run as a democrat. If Romney was running this year, It will be a cake walk

The GOP just happened to be stuck with someone like Trump. I dont think anyone is actually scared of her.

The idiot has started moving the goal post again.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:52am On May 28, 2016
Missy89:

I noticed you still cant mention one Republican elected official that is actually racist (apart from duke). Shouting down the president is not racist. What is racist about that. Freedom of speech right there.Now lets take a look at all the Dixiecrats

These people stayed in the democratic party

Orval Fabus
Benjamin Travis Laney
John Stennis
James Eastland
Allen Ellender
Russell Long
John Sparkman
John McClellan
Richard Russell
Herman Talmadge
George Wallace
Lester Maddox
John Rarick
Robert Byrd
Al Gore, Sr.
Bull Connor

Only Strom Thurmond and Mills Godwin moved to the Republican side. You keep talking about Duke but do you know that almost every republican was against his election and even tried to prevent him from seating after he won?

Minorities dont vote for the republicans for few reasons.

1) The democratic media, social and intellectual machine has made them to believe what you are saying. Blacks are being told there is this huge shadowy cabal trying to get them.

2) Welfare. There are more whites taking welfare but if you adjust for population size more minorities are. They are voting democrat to keep that privilege. It is actually creating more poor people

If you look at all the domestic issues, Blacks are even traditionally more conservative because of the influence of black churches back in the day. They dont approve same sex marriage, dont want affirmative action, and want to end social security (because life expectancy among old blacks was lower hence, their social security benefits will not be used and they could have passed that money to their kids), they want secured borders ( because Latinos are taking over some traditional black jobs ) They believe in the idea of traditional family and even before the 60s had the highest number of households intact even more than whites before welfare ruined it.

That is why the democrats have no incentive to police the borders because as long as minorities come into the US and have a path to citizenship or have kids, they will vote for them. Honestly thou, some conservatives supporting trump are not even doing it because they like him. I have this friend that hates trump but just like the idea that he is going to build a wall and will vote for him for that simple reason.

You are conservative. you just dont know it yet The republican party have a messaging problem
Read my post again as I gave you Senator Jeff Session of Alabama and Representative Steve King of Iowa. Most off those you mentioned were the old Dixiecrats and they eventually became republicans. Why did Klan members, Storm Troopers and the other White Nationalists align with your party ?. Some of Trump delegates to the convention coming up in July are avowed racists. I wonder why. You said Joe Wilson yelling to Obama that he lied during the state of the union address is freedom of speech. What's your defense for the congressman that called Obama a boy ?. You can align with the likes of Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michael savage and the other flaming bigots. I will align with progressives. Talking about Hillary, will take her over your party,s nominee who is a serial liar and a bigot. A guy that makes fun of an handicapped reporter. Like I said, the party of Lincoln is in disarray and this is coming from a guy that loves Abraham Lincoln.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:08am On May 28, 2016
Missy89:

Clinton might be weak but that's thanks to media narrative of her.Romney would have to fight for every vote cause Hillary won't hand it to him freely,she still captures the attention of many just that she has lost how to sell herself as the right candidate all thanks to one orchestrated scandal or the other.

They are,cause I can't explain why they spend tax payers money on stupid investigations that find nothing?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:16am On May 28, 2016
Hillary launched an ad on Trump where Trump is seen calling pregnancy an inconvenience.

We are yet to know about the worst of Trump,it would be more than a reality show when they unfold one after the other.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:18am On May 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Clinton might be weak but that's thanks to media narrative of her.Romney would have to fight for every vote cause Hillary won't hand it to him freely,she still captures the attention of many just that she has lost how to sell herself as the right candidate all thanks to one orchestrated scandal or the other.

They are,cause I can't explain why they spend tax payers money on stupid investigations that find nothing?
Agreed. If Hillary run against Romney, Hillary will win by a landslide. The reason is that Romney talks with both sides of his mouth and don't forget the hetchy sketchy follies. He was a liberal as a Governor of Massachusetts and he became a conservative while running for the republican nomination. People don't forget that hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Hillary launched an ad on Trump where Trump is seen calling pregnancy an inconvenience.

We are yet to know about the worst of Trump,it would be more than a reality show when they unfold one after the other.
When the democratic hullabaloo is done. Trump will face an avalanche of attacks never seen before in US presidential campaign. Trump is a walking disaster. Wait till the Democratic Superpacs start running ads with his own words. The guy will bring the republican party down. Our Republican Senator here in Illinois just said he won't be in Cleveland and john McCain is scared to death running for reelection in Arizona. They will surely lose the Senate to the Democrats and there is a good chance the house might flip too.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Evathyst(f): 7:27am On May 28, 2016
Although I have no stake in the American politics, but I'll pray with all my life for the sake of blacks living on that country against a TRUMP Presidency. angry angry

That guy is an Adolf Hitler in-waiting.

*Spits on Trump*

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Agreed. If Hillary run against Romney, Hillary will win by a landslide. The reason is that Romney talks with both sides of his mouth and don't forget the hetchy sketchy follies. He was a liberal as a Governor of Massachusetts and he became a conservative while running for the republican nomination. People don't forget that hypocrisy.
Same Romney who thanked Trump for his endorsement in '12 is the same Romney who launched attacks on Trump's candidacy.
Or the same Romney that wants to 'Make America Mormon Again'.

Oh god,the GOP got them in different colors,that party has sunk faster than the Titanic grin undecided

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
When the democratic hullabaloo is done. Trump will face an avalanche of attacks never seen before in US presidential campaign. Trump is a walking disaster. Wait till the Democratic Superpacs start running ads with his own words. The guy will bring the republican party down. Our Republican Senator here in Illinois just said he won't be in Cleveland and john McCain is scared to death running for reelection in Arizona. They will surely lose the Senate to the Democrats and there is a good chance the house might flip too.
He chickened out of the Debate with Sanders,I look forward to see Hillary tear him and his grade school policies into shred at the Presidential debate.

Congress is definitely going to flip blue this cycle.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
He chickened out of the Debate with Sanders,I look forward to see Hillary tear him and his grade school policies into shred at the Presidential debate.

Waiting for those three debates too. Hillary will destroy the misorgynistic piece of human poo. It's going to be a landslide in November and Tramp will go back to his two bit hustling.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:53am On May 28, 2016
From her FB page .True True True.

if you happen to have conservative friends run this by them. make it stick in their mind. expecting trump to be a successful world leader is like trusting a car mechanic to preform delicate surgery on a cardiac patient. ~ l.a.e.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:55am On May 28, 2016
Evathyst:
Although I have no stake in the American politics, but I'll pray with all my life for the sake of blacks living on that country against a TRUMP Presidency. angry angry

That guy is an Adolf Hitler in-waiting.

*Spits on Trump*
You are spot on my sister. He's is just a loud mouth. He's racist to the core but the good thing is America is a diverse country and a bigot will never become a President in US. The dimwits supporting Tramp on Nairaland don't even realize he hates people like them. That's the Irony. Most of them don't know a didly square about how things work in US. They just want to exhibit their ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:46pm On May 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are spot on my sister. He's is just a loud mouth. He's racist to the core but the good thing is America is a diverse country and a bigot will never become a President in US. The dimwits supporting Tramp on Nairaland don't even realize he hates people like them. That's the Irony. Most of them don't know a didly square about how things work in US. They just want to exhibit their ignorance.
''He hates people like them''. How? Be specific. Trump the counter-puncher doesn't look at your race, gender or religion when he retaliates.

A man who was not given a chance has bested 16 highly qualified opponents, forced bookmakers and experts to be scraching their heads while Hilary is still battling to defeat a 75 years old man who joined the Democratic party just some months ago.

How things work in US? Wake up, Trump has shattered the rule book.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:18pm On May 28, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
''He hates people like them''. How? Be specific. Trump the counter-puncher doesn't look at your race, gender or religion when he retaliates.

A man who was not given a chance has bested 16 highly qualified opponents, forced bookmakers and experts to be scraching their heads while Hilary is still battling to defeat a 75 years old man who joined the Democratic party just some months ago.

How things work in US? Wake up, Trump is re-writing US politics.
What is he counterpunching ?. He's a misogynistic bigot and a serial liar and a two bit hustler. He makes fun of an handicapped reporter and he's insulting half of America. He won't get 10% of black votes, Latino votes and less than 30% of Asian American and Women votes. He can't win election here with only white male votes. No wonder he won't release his taxes. America is too diverse for a racist to win the presidency. Some of his delegates are Klan members and White Nationalist. Winning Republicon party primary is a long way from winning the presidency. He will go back to his two bit hustling in Nov 8 when he concedes to Madam President.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:20pm On May 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Amen, from your mouth to the ears of God.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:56pm On May 28, 2016
LOL

Now you need to watch this. I said most Americans Believe it is either Trump or Bernie

Crooked Hillary is a crook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD2VO1xqY4g
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:29pm On May 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Read my post again as I gave you Senator Jeff Session of Alabama and Representative Steve King of Iowa. Most off those you mentioned were the old Dixiecrats and they eventually became republicans. Why did Klan members, Storm Troopers and the other White Nationalists align with your party ?. Some of Trump delegates to the convention coming up in July are avowed racists. I wonder why. You said Joe Wilson yelling to Obama that he lied during the state of the union address is freedom of speech. What's your defense for the congressman that called Obama a boy ?. You can align with the likes of Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michael savage and the other flaming bigots. I will align with progressives. Talking about Hillary, will take her over your party,s nominee who is a serial liar and a bigot. A guy that makes fun of an handicapped reporter. Like I said, the party of Lincoln is in disarray and this is coming from a guy that loves Abraham Lincoln.

Most of the people in that list retired as democrats. You can take that to the bank. Joe Wilson was not breaking any law and he wasn't the first to do that. This things have always happened. It is not even a big issue really.

This is from politico

Two examples:
In 2004, Democrats delivered a “Chorus Of Boos” during Bush's Bush’s State Of The Union when he called for renewal of the Patriot Act., according to the Washington Times.
In 2005, Dems howled, hissed and shouted "No!" when Bush pushed for Social Security reform in the SOU: "Foreshadowing the contentiousness of the coming debate, Democrats broke decorum and booed twice," according to the National Journal.

You know you haven't mentioned a single law or bill sponsored by this racists or bigots in the republican party. Even Glenn Beck is a never trump guy. If the republicans were so racist why are they not all lining up behind trump?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:02pm On May 28, 2016
Missy89:

Most of the people in that list retired as democrats. You can take that to the bank. Joe Wilson was not breaking any law and he wasn't the first to do that. This things have always happened. It is not even a big issue really.

This is from politico

Two examples:
In 2004, Democrats delivered a “Chorus Of Boos” during Bush's Bush’s State Of The Union when he called for renewal of the Patriot Act., according to the Washington Times.
In 2005, Dems howled, hissed and shouted "No!" when Bush pushed for Social Security reform in the SOU: "Foreshadowing the contentiousness of the coming debate, Democrats broke decorum and booed twice," according to the National Journal.

You know you haven't mentioned a single law or bill sponsored by this racists or bigots in the republican party. Even Glenn Beck is a never trump guy. If the republicans were so racist why are they not all lining up behind trump?

Missy, those bigoted lawmakers won't put on any bills because they know it won't see the light of the day. Yes, Democrats booed Bush because his administration doctored the intelligence report to start a useless war in Iraq. I was booing Bush too myself because of the lies he perpetrated on Americans. The reason for Social Security booing is because he wanted to privatize S\S. I am into Financial services and believe me you don't want to put S\S into Financial markets. What about a Republican that called him Obama a boy ?. I guess you find that complimenting too. The Republicans are falling in line now. Marco Rubio just joined the chorus. Missy, I see a giant landslide about to hit your party in November. I was talking to a nephew who is a veteran of Iraq war and he's rearing to vote against Trump who he alleges to have done some hanky panky with some money he raised for veterans. Not surprised though, he has always been a two bit hustler.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:37pm On May 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Missy, those bigoted lawmakers won't put on any bills because they know it won't see the light of the day. Yes, Democrats booed Bush because his administration doctored the intelligence report to start a useless war in Iraq. I was booing Bush too myself because of the lies he perpetrated on Americans. The reason for Social Security booing is because he wanted to privatize S\S. I am into Financial services and believe me you don't want to put S\S into Financial markets. What about a Republican that called him Obama a boy ?. I guess you find that complimenting too.

Maybe they haven't proposed the bill because they are not racist like you think they are.

Bush did not lie about the Iraq war. That is just not true. There is no evidence to show that he did. This is just a liberal lie that refuses to die. All the agencies were unanimous that Iraq had WMDs. The intelligence community’s 2002 National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) stated, in a formal presentation to President Bush and to Congress, its view that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction—a belief in which the NIE said it held a 90% level of confidence. That is about as certain as the intelligence community gets on any subject. There is NO EVIDENCE that he doctored anything. If you have one show me.

Additionally, many prominent Democrats who had access to the same intelligence that George Bush did came to the same conclusion and said so publicly. If George W. Bush lied, then by default you have to also believe that Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, John Edwards, Robert Byrd, Tom Daschle, Nancy Pelosi and Bernie Sanders also lied. Some of them, like Hillary Clinton, even alleged that Saddam was working on nuclear weapons.

She said

“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.” — Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002"

I can keep giving you names all day. We can both agree that there was an overreaction after 911 but there is no shred of evidence that he lied about it. None!

Social security needs to be abolished at the end of the day. It is not a sexy subject but it has to be done. Liberals want to prolong it buy taxing or borrowing more. Personally, I think the best idea is to guarantee the benefits for people that are 50 and above and stop taking social security taxes from people below that age bracket. I would rather keep my money and invest it. The money wont be there in few years because of the generation gap and birth rates. Liberals dont like discussing this issue but it will be a case of we told you so in few years. Most conservatives wont vote for trump. That is a fact
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2016
Missy89:

Maybe they haven't proposed the bill because they are not racist like you think they are.

Bush did not lie about the Iraq war. That is just not true. There is no evidence to show that he did. This is just a liberal lie that refuses to die. All the agencies were unanimous that Iraq had WMDs. The intelligence community’s 2002 National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) stated, in a formal presentation to President Bush and to Congress, its view that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction—a belief in which the NIE said it held a 90% level of confidence. That is about as certain as the intelligence community gets on any subject. There is NO EVIDENCE that he doctored anything. If you have one show me.

Additionally, many prominent Democrats who had access to the same intelligence that George Bush did came to the same conclusion and said so publicly. If George W. Bush lied, then by default you have to also believe that Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, John Edwards, Robert Byrd, Tom Daschle, Nancy Pelosi and Bernie Sanders also lied. Some of them, like Hillary Clinton, even alleged that Saddam was working on nuclear weapons.

She said

“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.” — Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002"

I can keep giving you names all day. We can both agree that there was an overreaction after 911 but there is no shred of evidence that he lied about it. None!

Social security needs to be abolished at the end of the day. It is not a sexy subject but it has to be done. Liberals want to prolong it buy taxing or borrowing more. Personally, I think the best idea is to guarantee the benefits for people that are 50 and above and stop taking social security taxes from people below that age bracket. The money wont be there in few years because of the generation gap and birth rates. Liberals dont like discussing this issue but it will be a case of we told you so in few years. Most conservatives wont vote for trump. That is a fact
Sorry to disappoint you, Bush lied big time to get US involved with Iraq. He even acclaimed in one of his statements that Saddam tried to kill his father. Bush damaged America's economy due to his war recklessness. Please don't get me started on that. I was at the thick of the action when Lehman Brothers and other Fortune 500 were going belly up. America was losing 700.000 jobs a month and Down Jones was 7.000. Obama came in and did a fantastic job of stemming the job loss. Down Jones is almost 18.000 now and there have been job growths for 56 consecutive weeks. The unemployment rate is 5% now unlike Bushes time. Bottom line, Democrats are better for economy. Don't forget Bill Clinton time in the W\H. I made so much money I thought I was a money ritualist. Social security is solvent. It's a Republicon myth that social security is bankrupt. The Republicons just want to entrust their Wall street allies to mismanage it. Thank God for people like late Senator Ted Kennedy who stood up to Bush. S\S is fine and it's not bankrupt . The government should stop borrowing from Social security. People contribute to Social Security and it's not a handout like Republicans want people to believe. Your party will suffer a monumental loss in November that will take a long time to repair. addendum, there was not a single evidence of Saddam Hussein building a nuclear bomb. After Saddam was overthrown, America searched all over Iraq and never saw anything. It was a big lie by the hawkish bush, Cheney, rumsfeld and all the gutless chicken hawks that will send other people's children to die for their selfish gains. Two nephews of mine did and they are both regretting it today. Will never go to war for America as much as I love America. Let the hawks send their children to go fight for their greedy wars.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:19pm On May 28, 2016
The bottom line is that I have so much respect for you, Valleriansteel, Mazeltov and our other American loving friends. We just disagree with our political alliances, but we are still on the same team. Unlike the Pootin but lickers, we discuss intelligently without resorting to name calling.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:23pm On May 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Sorry to disappoint you, Bush lied big time to get US involved with Iraq. He even acclaimed in one of his statements that Saddam tried to kill his father. Bush damaged America's economy due to his war recklessness. Please don't get me started on that. I was at the thick of the action when Lehman Brothers and other Fortune 500 were going belly up. America was losing 700.000 jobs a month and Down Jones was 7.000. Obama came in and did a fantastic job of stemming the job loss. Down Jones is almost 18.000 now and there have been job growths for 56 consecutive weeks. The unemployment rate is 5% now unlike Bushes time. Bottom line, Democrats are better for economy. Don't forget Bill Clinton time in the W\H. I made so much money I thought I was a money ritualist. Social security is solvent. It's a Republicon myth that social security is bankrupt. The Republicons just want to entrust their Wall street allies to mismanage it. Thank God for people like late Senator Ted Kennedy who stood up to Bush. S\S is fine and it's not bankrupt . The government should stop borrowing from Social security. People contribute to Social Security and it's not a handout like Republicans want people to believe. Your party will suffer a monumental loss in November that will take a long time to repair.

Now this is what you need to understand about the 2008 recession. It was actually caused by the democrats to begin with. The entire subprime lending mess was created by the Community Reinvestment Act, which was passed by President Carter, a Democrat, in 1977. Later on in the 1990s, Bill Clinton, another Democrat, passed laws to enforce the original bill. The purpose of the CRA is to force banks to make risky loans to people who can’t afford to repay those loans.

Bush tried to regulate it when he called for a complete over haul of the housing industry. People like Barney Frank were saying that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are not facing any kind of financial crisis and it was an exaggeration. Bush was the first to recommend regulating the GSEs in April, 2001. In 2003, Bush tried to create a new federal agency to regulate the GSEs. He was blocked from doing so by the Democrats in the Senate. In 2005, Alan Greenspan warned that failing to regulate the GSEs could be a catastrophe. Again, Democrats blocked the effort to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by protesting. Bush called for reforms more that 15 times

Read more about it from Bush Library here : https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/10/20081009-10.html

Even the savior Obama himself was part of the legal team that sued banks on behalf of ACORN, to force the banks to make these risky loans. Most of the jobs that was created and brought the country out of recession has been in the oil Industry. Most of them thru fracking that liberals hate so much.

Social security is actually going to be bankrupt and i dont think anyone in the right think that it is a welfare program. The argument us that it cant be sustainable because there is a generation gap. The baby boomers are retiring but there are less people in the work force because there was a decline in birth rates and the work force and people generally are growing older then they use to. GOP will probably loose but no one is going to be better off with in charge.

If Obama left the troops there instead of withdrawing them, ISIS wont gain a foothold there. He did that for political expediency now the place is a mess. But i do see that you have a legitimate reason for hating the GOP by the way

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:24pm On May 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
The bottom line is that I have so much respect for you, Valleriansteel, Mazeltov and our other American loving friends. We just disagree with our political alliances, but we are still on the same team. Unlike the Pootin but lickers, we discuss intelligently without resorting to name calling.

Indeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.