Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (655428 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 3:08am On Feb 22, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Obviously, comprehension is not your forte. Never mentioned New York in my post. I am talking about Trump Tower in chitown. Obviously you guys just love to mouth of about a country you guys don't have a clue About. There are lots of buyers removing on among Trump's supporters right now. We don't want America to turn to a semi dictatorial country like some country that will be unnamed . Believe whatever you want to, Trump doesn't care for minorities in his own country not to talk of generic Negro from Third World.

Apart from you, Is there anyone on here who doesnt support your view that has a clue about America?

With this your America clue you predicted Trump will never win and you got it wrong.

Maybe just maybe some people have a different perspective from you and are possibly more in touch with the American people than you think you do

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by edi287: 4:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Conservatives are starting to make the same mistakes they accuse Liberals of doing. Good to see Milo Yiannopoulos getting screwed by his own words. No excuse for his stupid words...the fact some are trying to defend what he said is daft to begin with. He supported pedophilia. Simple as that.
Trump has finally decided to use his brains and not listen to that fucker Steve Bannon. His revised travel ban makes sense and I don't think anyone with half a brain would have a problem with it
Trump is shooting himself on the foot with his stupid comments. He needs to stop lying and giving the media ammunition to troll him.
Conservatives need to get off their moral high horse...they're simply doing what they accuse Liberals of doing - seeking a pity party. When they were the opposition, they did everything possible to destabilize Obama. Karma is real.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by joeace2020(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2017
paschu:
See, I have been following things up a lot more. And here is what I will tell you.

1. Trump will crash America's mainstream media if they continue to be dishonest, unfair and biased. (By the way, CNN seems to be learning fast. The failing NYT is also attempting to turn a new leaf. But unfortunately it has gone too low into sillyness to make a swift turn back).

2. Based on the number one above, the biggest problem America has right now is its mainstream media. They have been bought by unmerican demos and programmed to instigate and push the bunch intolerant and hypocritical lefties into anti-Trump and anti-America behaviours. Of course that's with large scale falsehood and fakery.

3. Lots of Americans are solidly BEHIND Trump. In fact the VAST majority of white Americans (as well as American Christians of all races) ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND TRUMP.

4. All those Hitler and Putin connection consipiracy theories (and the massive rants of hate) are being thrown around by the minority demos due to one thing: They lost the entire structure of political power in this dispensation. So they are just clinging to the VERY FAKE NEWS media to manipulate the public opinion and skew America's intenational narrative to their selfish ends. This is very unamerican. But Trump will crush them with his #MAGA movement. Good enough he just restarted the rallies. So demos will soon see that they have no monopoly on violence and hate.

5. Trump understands the aforementioned antics so well. Remember he is a seasoned media personality. So he is dead serious about draining the swamp and delegitimizing those "very false news" media houses. Thus, just as someone puts it, Trump is playing the media, but the mofos are so clueless about the fact that they are being played.

After all said and done, in spite of all his "errors", many Americans believe that Trump is God sent.

Woah! You really believe all this retort, don't you? If you think the "fake news media" is delegitimizing Trump's government, then i am so sorry for you. Was the media responsible for former NSA Michael Flynn communicating information on Russian sanctions with the Russian Ambassador? Where they the ones who fired him? Was the media responsible for Trump presenting live false facts in his bizarre press conference where he said he got 306 electoral votes, the highest in history before he was quickly educated that obama had 365 in 2008 and 322 in 2012? Is the media responsible for his blatant falsification of facts presented to us like his 'see no evil' supporters again and again just to massage his ego? Was the media the one who forced him to confidently call out a country for major terror incident, even citing a date when in fact the country despite a few skirmishes with migrants has not had any terror incident compared to the others he called out? Did the Swedish PM not question Trump's statements regarding that? If the Media is so bent at fighting Trump, maybe he should tell us why a political appointee in Kellyanne Conway decided it's fine to promote the Ivanka Trump brand thus using her political office for personal interests. Maybe the Media was responsible for all the comedy of errors in the white house since Trump became president. Maybe it's the fake media that is forcing some republican senators to speak up against Trump's rash behaviors. If the mainstream media was bought and so powerful, how come they couldn't make their charmed darling Clinton become president? Or just maybe they aren't that powerful and Trump is too stupid or childish to realize that. You "alternate facts" loving people living in your utopian world where you are always right and the liberal left are always vengeful and lying can keep deluding yourselves with the realities on ground, but with every good step taking by Trump, he makes 10 bad ones. Let me ask you one simple question and if you can answer in all honesty, then i'll know you still have some dignity left in you. Are Americans safer abroad now compared to before?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by paschu: 10:10am On Feb 22, 2017
Height of hypocricy. Who told you that Flynn resigned because of media blackmail? You are seriously misinformed about the current US political clime. But I'm not suprised. That's what you turn into when you feed on very fake news media.

Pls check this out:

https://www.nairaland.com/3638851/mainstream-media-errors-trump-era

or use Google.

joeace2020:

Woah! You really believe all this retort, don't you? If you think the "fake news media" is delegitimizing Trump's government, then i am so sorry for you. Was the media responsible for former NSA Michael Flynn communicating information on Russian sanctions with the Russian Ambassador? Where they the ones who fired him? Was the media responsible for Trump presenting live false facts in his bizarre press conference where he said he got 306 electoral votes, the highest in history before he was quickly educated that obama had 365 in 2008 and 322 in 2012? Is the media responsible for his blatant falsification of facts presented to us like his 'see no evil' supporters again and again just to massage his ego? Was the media the one who forced him to confidently call out a country for major terror incident, even citing a date when in fact the country despite a few skirmishes with migrants has not had any terror incident compared to the others he called out? Did the Swedish PM not question Trump's statements regarding that? If the Media is so bent at fighting Trump, maybe he should tell us why a political appointee in Kellyanne Conway decided it's fine to promote the Ivanka Trump brand thus using her political office for personal interests. Maybe the Media was responsible for all the comedy of errors in the white house since Trump became president. Maybe it's the fake media that is forcing some republican senators to speak up against Trump's rash behaviors. If the mainstream media was bought and so powerful, how come they couldn't make their charmed darling Clinton become president? Or just maybe they aren't that powerful and Trump is too stupid or childish to realize that. You "alternate facts" loving people living in your utopian world where you are always right and the liberal left are always vengeful and lying can keep deluding yourselves with the realities on ground, but with every good step taking by Trump, he makes 10 bad ones. Let me ask you one simple question and if you can answer in all honesty, then i'll know you still have some dignity left in you. Are Americans safer abroad now compared to before?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by vedaxcool(m): 10:43am On Feb 22, 2017
Could this be a guide in dealing with Trump Minions of lies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=winf4kUVGRA

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
Chuck Schumer: ‘Hope of America’ Is Republicans Break With Trump
Tuesday on ABC’s “The View,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said “the hope of America” was if Republicans break with President Donald Trump.

Schumer said, “Let me put it like this when you talk to Republicans quietly, you know, in the cloak room in the gym, they are having real problems with him. Now, very few, John McCain to his credit, but very few have had the courage to oppose him even though they know he’s doing a lot of things that are against what America is all about.”

He added, “My prediction is, if he keeps on this path, which is likely, I don’t think he will change, within three, four months, you’ll see a whole lot of Republicans breaking with him. That’s the salvage of America. That’s the hope of America.”

grin grin Chuck H. Clown is simply trying to sow seeds of discontent. Democrats are grasping at straws. They have no idea what to do about Trump. It's desperation time. Notice he never offered any alternative as to what the Democratic Party have in store, only hoping for the supporters of their perceived enemy to break up with him. They can wait till 2024. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Apart from you, Is there anyone on here who doesnt support your view that has a clue about America?

With this your America clue you predicted Trump will never win and you got it wrong.

Maybe just maybe some people have a different perspective from you and are possibly more in touch with the American people than you think you do

Coming from a Nigerian in America that supports racial profiling, not surprised that you will support your brethren in buffoonery. Why don't you go March with the Klan members and White Nationalists supporting Trump and we will see how that will work out for you. Your brethren in Nigeria has got more knowledge about America than Americans and they surely love America more than Americans. Your overlord is on the way down with Russia gate with his lies and cover-up the same way Nixon went down with Watergate. It's gonna be fun seeing the Racist in Chief humiliated out of office.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Coming from a Nigerian in America that supports racial profiling, not surprised that you will support your brethren in buffoonery. Why don't you go March with the Klan members and White Nationalists supporting Trump and we will see how that will work out for you. Your brethren in Nigeria has got more knowledge about America than Americans and they surely love America more than Americans. Your overlord is on the way down with Russia gate with his lies and cover-up the same way Nixon went down with Watergate. It's gonna be fun seeing the Racist in Chief humiliated out of office.

What does this mean? Cos it seems you are just rambling without making any sense.

Profiling is a legit law enforcement tactic, Its basic common sense, Some people have the proclivity to commit certain crimes more than other because of some factors

A white boy under 30 is likely to commit mass shooting than a black boy
A black boy under 30 is likely to commit petty crimes and join gangs than an Asian boy
An Arab man under 30 is likely to commit religion inspired mass killing than a Hispanic boy
If there is a cartel in the east coast its likely to be run by Italians than by Vietnamese
An Asian boy under 30yr is likely to commit cyber hacking than say a Hispanic

All these are result of behavioral trends and common sense.
Just like in Nigeria, A Yoruba guy is likely to do 419, An Ibo is likely to traffic drug, An Edo is likely to do prostitution, A Hausa is likely to do religion motivated murders.

If I didnt commit a crime then why should I have a problem with being profiled. As a Nigerian in the US you are profiled everytime there is credit card fraud or email fraud. Will I say they dont have a reason for doing this when the scam is even called a "Nigerian email scam"

If there is a mass shooting in a mall I will likely focus on a young white male than a 60yr old Black woman

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

What does this mean? Cos it seems you are just rambling without making any sense.

Profiling is a legit law enforcement tactic, Its basic common sense, Some people have the proclivity to commit certain crimes more than other because of some factors

A white boy under 30 is likely to commit mass shooting than a black boy
A black boy under 30 is likely to commit petty crimes and join gangs than an Asian boy
An Arab man under 30 is likely to commit religion inspired mass killing than a Hispanic boy
If there is a cartel in the east coast its likely to be run by Italians than by Vietnamese
An Asian boy under 30yr is likely to commit cyber hacking than say a Hispanic

All these are result of behavioral trends and common sense.

If I didnt commit a crime then why should I have a problem with being profiled
You and I went through the profiling garbage before. Will tell you again the SCOTUS decided long time ago racial profiling is against the law. If you want to make your own law , that's your problem. No sane American will support racial profiling. Go and tell that to many minorities and their families whose brothers and sisters have been killed because of racial profiling. America is a country governed by Rule of Law and not some Third World where chaos is the order of the day. You can volunteer to be profiled wherever you live.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
joeace2020:

Are you this dense? The problem with most Nigerians is sentimentalism. Some of you just love Trump for one particular reason and nothing else. Because he is not a proponent of the gay and transgender laws of Obama. That is just why you people love him and that is what disgusts me about Nigerians. The most hypocritical religious people there ever was. Listen if you don't care to really learn about America Politics, politicians and the dynamics of politics over there don't just spew incoherent gibberish. The man mentioned Sweden in the same breath as countries who have suffered major terrorist attacks, to add insult to injury he said ' look at what happened last night in Sweden' Friday night in Sweden was as cool as ever. in fact when drilled on Twitter for his error your 'alternate facts loving Orange dictator' said he only got information where... FOX TV! This is a president with intelligence gathering agencies at his beck and call and where does he get his information. The one sided Fox news who even funny enough are gradually beginning to criticize him for his latest attack on media where he called fake news media an enemy of America! Not even Nixon was this bad. Maybe if you research a little more and find things out yourself you won't be this naive about American politics and Trump. Maybe then you will realize America is not Nigeria where Buhari uses DSS to suppress opposition, plunge us into economic depression and all we can do is 'make he finish he two terms'. What a disgusting place to have found myself. Unlike your president's appointees who have run this country aground, Americans won't give a chance for incompetence and you will see they've not given Trump's appointees the chance to fail and continue failing like ours. Flynn kicked out for his lies in communicating state information or the comments Betsy DeVos' ( who advocates Guns in schools) on her first school visit which has been called out by the teachers from the school as unprofessional and shows how unfit she is as education secretary. Over there, people will stand up to hate speeches, bigotry, racism and facist tendencies. Don't think they are Nigerians who cannot even tell when their fundamental rights are being trampled upon and rubbished. Donald Trump is a fraud who has made America a laughing stock and who's continued rift with Allies and contradictory policies will make America and the world suffer. So. Much for making America great again. He should have just told us he was making America White Supremacist again and we will know what his intentions are.
Gbam

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You and I went through the profiling garbage before. Will tell you again the SCOTUS decided long time ago racial profiling is against the law. If you want to make your own law , that's your problem. No sane American will support racial profiling. Go and tell that to many minorities and their families whose brothers and sisters have been killed because of racial profiling. America is a country governed by Rule of Law and not some Third World where chaos is the order of the day. You can volunteer to be profiled wherever you live.

You must really be funny to think any court can tell you how to feel around certain individuals.

Go to South Chicago see a group of teenage black kids on one side, see a group of old hispanic women on one side

Now wait for what the SCOTUS says before you know what side of the road to take your chances with

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

You must really be funny to think any court can tell you how to feel around certain individuals.

Go to South Chicago see a group of teenage black kids on one side, see a group of old hispanic women on one side

Now wait for what the SCOTUS says before you know what side of the road to take your chances with

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

You must really be slow to think any court can tell you how to feel around certain individuals.

Dimwit, you are a perfect example of a guy to be profiled. You ain't making no sense at all. Individuals can profile all they want and that's different from Law enforcement officers profiling. That's a big difference since you are not using your brain to differentiate between individuals and Government. We all knew Trump was a Bigot when he was advocating death penalty for the Central Park Five even after DNA found them not guilty but he was a person with no authority then but now him being the President is a different game. That's the difference bozo. Individuals can discriminate all they want , I don't care because I can defend myself but when government profiles her citizens, it's absolutely against the law and in America the Supreme Court is the final arbiter. Case closed.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Dimwit, you are a perfect example of a guy to be profiled. You ain't making no sense at all. Individuals can profile all they want and that's different from Law enforcement officers profiling. That's a big difference since you are not using your brain to differentiate between individuals and Government. We all knew Trump was a Bigot when he was advocating death penalty for the Central Park Five even after DNA found them not guilty but he was a person with no authority then but now him being the President is a different game. That's the difference bozo. Individuals can discriminate all they want , I don't care because I can defend myself but when government profiles her citizens, it's absolutely against the law and in America the Supreme Court is the final arbiter. Case closed.

So its not human beings and individuals who go into police? People who go into police and law enforcement are created in a special lab? This is so morronic

So the individual who is already profiling in his mind to protect himself, will suddenly wear police uniform and a spirit of non-profiling will enter him? If this isnt foolishness I wonder what foolishness is.

Individuals are what the constituent of governments and its our individual preferences and prejudices that morph into govt

Below is Obama as president making a racial profiling comment. I am sure Obama doesnt know about America like Mr Americana Lucas

President Obama said that the murder rate in the African-American community is “crazy” during a town hall on race relations in America titled "The President and the People: A National Conversation" today.

“It is absolutely true that the murder rate in the African-American community is way out of whack compared to the general population,” Obama said. “And both the victims and the perpetrators are black, young black men.

Can you help us lecture Obama on what the SCOTUS said regarding profiling because he just told us the truth about black communities

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

So its not human beings and individuals who go into police? People who go into police and law enforcement are created in a special lab? This is so morronic

So the individual who is already profiling in his mind to protect himself, will suddenly wear police uniform and a spirit of non-profiling will enter him? If this isnt foolishness I wonder what foolishness is.

Individuals are what the constituent of governments and its our individual preferences and prejudices that morph into govt

Below is Obama as president making a racial profiling comment. I am sure Obama doesnt know about America like Mr Americana Lucas

Can you help us lecture Obama on what the SCOTUS said regarding profiling because he just told us the truth about black communities
I don't even know why I am arguing with you about profiling. Equating citizens profiling to law enforcement profiling is sickening. A guy with the badge is being paid by the citizens through their taxes. I sure don't want someone getting paid from my sweat to shoot me because of my skin color. How many cases of minorities have we heard of being killed just because of profiling. No one deserves to be profiled according to the law of the land. What you are advocating is not conservatism it's idiocy and thank God America doesn't need profiling. What Obama said was correct but he wasn't advocating for racial profiling. Crime is big all over America and it's not limited to race. Go to Appalachia and see the kind of crime white folks you love commits and the law enforcement officers Do not profile white people. Why should a police officer profile me because I am driving an expensive car ?. We have video evidences of Blacks and Hispanics being shot to death by police officers because of their skin color and some interloper is in favor of that . What a guy.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I don't even know why I am arguing with you about profiling. Equating citizens profiling to law enforcement profiling is sickening. A guy with the badge is being paid by the citizens through their taxes. I sure don't want someone getting paid from my sweat to shoot me because of my skin color. How many cases of minorities have we heard of being killed just because of profiling. No one deserves to be profiled according to the law of the land. What you are advocating is not conservatism it's idiocy and thank God America doesn't need profiling. What Obama said was correct but he wasn't advocating for racial profiling. Crime is big all over America and it's not limited to race. Go to Appalachia and see the kind of crime white folks you love commits and the law enforcement officers Do not profile white people. Why should a police officer profile me because I am driving an expensive car ?. We have video evidences of Blacks and Hispanics being shot to death by police officers because of their skin color and some interloper is in favor of that . What a guy.

Obama said clearly murder rate among blacks is higher compared to the general populace, That means you are likelier to get killed in black neighborhoods than in others. Is that not Obama profiling? If Obama was to be a cop will he not take extra caution in these places

So a policeman who hears this needs a SCOTUS to tell him that he needs to be extra careful in such neighborhoods when approaching those higher risk population than when he is stopping a 60yr old couple

You know what Mr Americana who understands how America works, Chicago Police is hiring, Pick up the form and go to South side to practice your non profiling police work. Its easy to sit behind a desk stuff your mouth with burger and claim all sort of inanities. Pick up Police form and go practice what you preach in the neighborhoods where as many as 50 people get shot per weekend

Maybe you think policemen have spare lives, dont have families waiting for them every night and are bullet resistant

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Why is the crime rate in such areas higher than in others? It is not skin color that makes people more or less criminal. It is poverty, lack of opportunity and hopelessness.

I am not entirely against profiling for the reasons you mentioned but I see the dangers of profiling. Profiling affects innocent people. Profiling also means that you will not be allowed to enter a club at the weekend because you look the way you look. Profiling also means that people will say "Welcome home, sir" to a white person at the airport but treat you like a suspect, in a rude way, shout at you and make you feel uncomfortable.

Being lumped together with criminals because they happen to look like you or come from where you come from is based on prejudice and prejudice leads to discrimination and racism.

Do we really want to explain to our children why the family of their white friend is treated with courtesy and theirs not?
Do we really want to be given the eye and be told to leave a first class wagon because of our skin color?

I think we need to discuss this issue from different perspectives. Crime prevention is important but profiling fights the symptoms, not the causes.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
Mindfulness:

Why is the crime rate in such areas higher than in others? It is not skin color that makes people more or less criminal. It is poverty, lack of opportunity and hopelessness.

I am not entirely against profiling for the reasons you mentioned but I see the dangers of profiling. Profiling affects innocent people. Profiling also means that you will not be allowed to enter a club at the weekend because you look the way you look. Profiling also means that people will say "Welcome home, sir" to a white person at the airport but treat you like a suspect, in a rude way, shout at you and make you feel uncomfortable.

Being lumped together with criminals because they happen to look like you or come from where you come from is based on prejudice and prejudice leads to discrimination and racism.

Do we really want to explain to our children why the family of their white friend is treated with courtesy and theirs not?
Do we really want to be given the eye and be told to leave a first class wagon because of our skin color?

I think we need to discuss this issue from different perspectives. Crime prevention is important but profiling fights the symptoms, not the causes.

Everything has its danger, I see 4 teenagers in a dark alley at night, I will avoid it first before thinking of who is offended by my action.

Will you honestly tell me you wont feel any different if boarding a flight with a group of Arabian looking men vs an African grandmother

You wont because of the risk of being profiled allow a high risk person white teenager to twenty to babysit your kid because they are one of the highest opiod users. Do you care about the correctness of that act or whether one person is discriminated against?

Will it be an act of discrimination if you subject a white person under 30 to a more rigorous drug test than say a Hispanic grandmother if the job is to take care of your baby?

Profiling is part of human existence and there is no one alive who doesnt profile people. It comes from experiences in the past.

In Nigeria at the peak of Boko Haram, people were scared of anyone wearing long garment, and they were screen specially given a side eye. Its survival instinct and it surpasses the need not to offend peoples sensibilities

While fighting the cause, I will also treat the symptoms. If a child has malaria and high temperature you treat malaria and as well try to control the temperature
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Everything has its danger, I see 4 teenagers in a dark alley at night, I will avoid it first before thinking of who is offended by my action.

I would avoid all dark alleys at night. As a woman, any man is a potential perpetrator in some places at night. wink

Will you honestly tell me you wont feel any different if boarding a flight with a group of Arabian looking men vs an African grandmother

I fly regularly with Arabs on the same plane. I do not fall for the mass hysteria ignited by people like Trump. I feel very safe in Europe and I feel pretty safe on the plane as I know that the airport personnel checked everyone and I expect them to check everyone in the same way. Do you remember the German pilot who steered the plane against a mountain and killed hundreds of people? Did it make us more suspicious of white people? Yesterday a truck driver was shot at by the police in Barcelona because he was speeding up with gas bottles on board. He is white and suffers from mental health problems. Does it make us more suspicious of white truck drivers? How many white teenagers are responsible for school shootings? Are we more suspicious of them than we are of black teenagers? No, white teenagers are not lumped together into one group and treated worse even though school shootings have been rampant in the last decade.

You wont because of the risk of being profiled allow a high risk person white teenager to twenty to babysit your kid because they are one of the highest opiod users. Do you care about the correctness of that act or whether one person is discriminated against?

Many people hire teenagers to babysit around here. They invite them, screen them and hire them. To your surprise, without asking for a drug test result.

Will it be an act of discrimination if you subject a white person under 30 to a more rigorous drug test than say a Hispanic grandmother if the job is to take care of your baby?

As above.

While fighting the cause, I will also treat the symptoms. If a child has malaria and high tempretaure you treat malaria and as well try to control the temperature

Nice analogy. I am all for airport controls but with the controls being the same for everyone. Who knows when the next white person will lose his/her mind again? grin

It has happened and will happen again but it does not affect them like it affects other groups for some reason.

I remember the story of a Nigerian who raped a girl and the comments below the newspaper article. Suddenly all Nigerians were rapists in some people's eyes. And the people commenting, without knowing anything about Nigerian culture(s), were talking about Nigerians as if all of them were Muslims. Sheer ignorance and very unfair.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
Mindfulness:
I would avoid all dark alleys at night. As a woman, any man is a potential perpetrator in some places at night. wink

Why are you avoiding dark alleys. Why do you see any man as a potential perpetrator. Is this not profiling you are doing the same profiling we are talking against.

So if you decide to take law enforcement as a profession, does this personal sense of security you have developed, will it suddenly leave you or the uniform will protect you from what you fear in those dark alleys

I fly regularly with Arabs on the same plane. I do not fall for the mass hysteria ignited by people like Trump. I feel very safe in Europe and I feel pretty safe on the plane as I know that the airport personnel checked everyone and I expect them to check everyone in the same way. Do you remember the German pilot who steered the plane against a mountain and killed hundreds of people? Did it make us more suspicious of white people? Yesterday a truck driver was shot at by the police in Barcelona because he was speeding up with gas bottles on board. He is white and suffers from mental health problems. Does it make us more suspicious of white truck drivers? How many white teenagers are responsible for school shootings? Are we more suspicious of them than we are of black teenagers? No, white teenagers are not lumped together into one group and treated worse even though school shootings have been rampant in the last decade.
Many people hire teenagers to babysit around here. They invite them, screen them and hire them. To your surprise, without asking for a drug test result.

In American midwest and New England, there is a drug epidemic among white middle class family(Not poor) Anthony Bourdain of CNN made a documentary on it. A study backs it up that 60% of white people in a particular suburb were on some injected opiod. Almost every family there has someone hooked on prescription medication and are shooting up something into their veins. So a drug test is mandatory for almost all jobs, And if you go on babysitting websites like care.com etc, they will mandate the job seeker to go for a drug test before they can be considered

Some individuals even make it a point not to hire anyone white and under 35 because they are the highest hit demographics and will rather hire an Hispanic grandma

A black teenager will be suspected in a crime that relates to blacks and a white teenager will be a suspect in a crime historically relating to more whites. No one picks on Blacks if there is a religion related mass murder even if there is one isolated Mutalab somewhere

As above.
Nice analogy. I am all for airport controls but with the controls being the same for everyone. Who knows when the next white person will lose his/her mind again? grin

It has happened and will happen again but it does not affect them like it affects other groups for some reason.

I remember the story of a Nigerian who raped a girl and the comments below the newspaper article. Suddenly all Nigerians were rapists in some people's eyes. And the people commenting, without knowing anything about Nigerian culture(s), were talking about Nigerians as if all of them were Muslims. Sheer ignorance and very unfair.

This is idealistic at best. There is something called a high risk population. e.g That is a reason why embassies usually grant older people over 50 visas easily vs young people under 40, They know the older people are at less risk to overstay

There is a reason data is collected and the result acted on. Idealistically everyone should be treated the same at embassies, realistically, some are higher risks than others
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Why are you avoiding dark alleys. Why do you see any man as a potential perpetrator. Is this not profiling you are doing the same profiling we are talking against.

I do not see any man as a potential perpetrator. I see any man in a dark alley as a potential perpetrator. It's the dark alley effect. I do not believe in ghosts but I am scared of them at night. grin

So if you decide to take law enforcement as a profession, does this personal sense of security you have developed, will it suddenly leave you or the uniform will protect you from what you fear in those dark alleys

Of course ... not.

Did you know that female murderers are less likely to be caught for the simple reason that investigators would rather not suspect a woman of murder?

So much for profiling. wink

In American midwest and New England, there is a drug epidemic among white middle class family(Not poor) Anthony Bourdain of CNN made a documentary on it. A study backs it up that 60% of white people in a particular suburb were on some injected opiod. Almost every family there has someone hooked on prescription medication and are shooting up something into their veins. So a drug test is mandatory for almost all jobs, And if you go on babysitting websites like care.com etc, they will mandate the job seeker to go for a drug test before they can be considered

Let me guess, black people have to take the same test nonetheless, right? grin

Some individuals even make it a point not to hire anyone white and under 35 because they are the highest hit demographics and will rather hire an Hispanic grandma

Why not a Hispanic teenager? Or a black woman in her 20s? cheesy

A black teenager will be suspected in a crime that relates to blacks and a white teenager will be a suspect in a crime historically relating to more whites. No one picks on Blacks if there is a religion related mass murder even if there is one isolated Mutalab somewhere

White teenagers face prejudice after the mass shootings? In which world?

You have not responded to this paragraph:

I remember the story of a Nigerian who raped a girl and the comments below the newspaper article. According to some people, Nigerians were rapists. Without knowing anything about Nigerian culture(s), they were talking about Nigerians as if all of them were Muslims and the rape culture was as bad as in India. People warned agaist 'them'. Sheer ignorance and very unfair.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
This is just like Nov 8 when Trump kicked Hillary unexpectedly in the face while she was already celebrating her victory. Epic. grin grin grin grin grin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iaznadgi15ao3mk/videoplayback.mp4?dl=0
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-twitter-staffer-235263

How Trump’s campaign staffers tried to keep him off Twitter

The trick? Making sure his media diet included a healthy dose of praise.

By Tara Palmeri

President Donald Trump’s former campaign staffers claim they cracked the code for tamping down his most inflammatory tweets, and they say the current West Wing staff would do well to take note.

The key to keeping Trump’s Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump’s desk.

"If candidate Trump was upset about unfair coverage, it was productive to show him that he was getting fair coverage from outlets that were persuadable," said former communications director Sam Nunberg. "[b]The same media that our base digests and prefers is going to be the base for his support. [/b]I would assume the president would like to see positive and preferential treatment from those outlets and that would help the operation overall."

Staff members had one advantage as they aimed to manage candidate Trump’s media diet: He rarely reads anything online, instead preferring print newspapers — especially his go-to, The New York Times — and reading material his staff brought to his desk. Indeed, his media consumption habits were on full display during his roller-coaster news conference this past Thursday, when he continually remarked on what the media would write “tomorrow,” even as print outlets’ websites already had posted stories about his remarks.

The White House did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

Trump is also, however, a near-nonstop consumer of cable news, and his staff’s efforts were not always enough to keep Trump from tweeting on topics that were far from his campaign’s core message. Throughout the campaign, whatever messaging the candidate’s staff had planned was continually accompanied — and often overshadowed — by a string of feuds that played out both on and off Twitter.

But his team believed that its strategies would keep Trump from taking to his preferred social media outlet to escalate his personal or political conflicts.

For example, when Trump engaged in a Twitter war with Khizr Khan, the father of a slain Muslim U.S. soldier in Iraq, the team set up a meeting with Gold Star Mothers of Florida and made sure to plant the story in conservative media. Breitbart also wrote stories about Khan's relationships with the Democratic Party. "We made sure that conservative media was aware of it, they connected the echo chamber," the former official said.

During another damage-control mission, when former Miss Universe Alicia Machado took to the airwaves to call out Trump for calling her "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping," the communications team scrambled to place a story in conservative-friendly outlets like Fox News, the Washington Examiner, the Daily Caller and Breitbart.

A former senior campaign official said Nunberg and his successor, former communications director Jason Miller, were particularly skilled at using alternative media like Breitbart, Washington Examiner, Infowars and the Daily Caller to show Trump positive coverage.

And once they got the stories published, campaign officials with large numbers of Twitter followers would tweet them out.

They would also go to media amplifiers like Fox News hosts and conservative columnists to encourage them to tweet out the story so that they could print out and show a two-page list of tweets that showed that they were steering the message. While Trump still couldn't contain his Twitter-rage with Machado, and ended up tweeting about a mystery sex-tape of the Hillary Clinton surrogate, aides say they dialed back even more posts.

"He saw there was activity, so he didn't feel like he had to respond," the former campaign official said. "He sends out these tweets when he feels like people aren't responding enough for him."

The in-person touch is also important to keeping Trump from running too hot. One Trump associate said it’s important to show Trump deference and offer him praise and respect, as that will lead him to more often listen. And if Trump becomes obsessed with a grudge, aides need to try and change the subject, friends say. Leaving him alone for several hours can prove damaging, because he consumes too much television and gripes to people outside the White House.

Part of the current problem is Trump is still adjusting to his new circumstances and has plenty of time to stew over negative reviews as he spends time alone in the evenings and early mornings as his wife, Melania Trump, continues living in New York while his youngest son, Barron, finishes the school year.

That alone time played a factor in Trump’s response to revelations that his Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch, had criticized attacks on the judiciary days after Trump attacked a “so-called” judge for blocking his administration’s travel ban.

White House officials anticipated that Gorsuch would distance himself from Trump’s attack and thought the planned comments would help the nominee’s bid, said a person with knowledge of the conversations.

The problem: Trump himself didn't like Gorsuch’s "disheartening" and "demoralizing" critique. He fired off a tweet criticizing Sen. Richard Blumenthal, the Connecticut Democrat who repeated the comments, digging up a controversy over the senator’s military record and accusing him of incorrectly characterizing Gorsuch’s comments. Afterward, Blumenthal and other Democrats criticized Trump and said the president’s comments would hurt his nominee's chances.

Asked whether aides and advisers liked the tweet, one White House official said sarcastically: "What do you think?"

ladies and gentlemen, the 45th president of the united states

there you have it. most of the bs that is being rehashed by the trump neophytes on this thread is for one purpose only - to soothe the ego of the toddler in chief - the dear leader , the american king jong il

maga don pay and russia is shouting hallelujah

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 12:03am On Feb 23, 2017
raumdeuter:

Why do you see any man as a potential perpetrator. Is this not profiling you are doing the same profiling we are talking against.

There is a difference between criminal profiling and racial profiling. You seem to be mixing up the 2.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 12:21am On Feb 23, 2017
LordReed:

There is a difference between criminal profiling and racial profiling. You seem to be mixing up the 2.

Profiling is profiling whether its racial, religious, gender etc. and its an effective tool in crime prevention and detection

Its born out of data got from experiences in the past and used to project into the future
Different gender, races religion etc do things that can make you predict a certain event (without knowing the full details) will likely be done by a group

If they say two people got their paycheck one spent everything on fashion, one spent everything on fast cars. predict which one if female and which one is male.

These type of data also go into law enforcement. You cant expect law enforcement to get leads from thin air when they are not witches, they use behavioral patterns

Whether you like it or not, certain crimes are more prevalent among certain people

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 12:30am On Feb 23, 2017
raumdeuter:

Profiling is profiling whether its racial, religious, gender etc. and its an effective tool in crime prevention and detection

Its born out of data got from experiences in the past and used to project into the future
Different gender, races religion etc do things that can make you predict a certain event (without knowing the full details) will likely be done by a group

If they say two people got their paycheck one spent everything on fashion, one spent everything on fast cars. predict which one if female and which one is male.

These type of data also go into law enforcement. You cant expect law enforcement to get leads from thin air when they are not witches, they use behavioral patterns

Whether you like it or not, certain crimes are more prevalent among certain people

Profiling is not profiling, at least not when it come to law enforcement. Racial profiling is illegal because it uses the racial characteristics of a person to determine if a crime is likely/committed. Criminal profiling on the other hand uses the person's behavior. There is a wide gap between the two.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by paschu: 12:53am On Feb 23, 2017
You are really a typical lefty. So arrogant and dumb.

I ignored that incoherent rant down there, but on a second thought decided to revisit it and point two things out to you and.your ilks: your gross hypocricy and dumbness.

1) I only reminded you that the VAST majority of white Americans (plus the Christian Americans of all races) are solidly behind Trump. But rathet than responding to that FACT, you jumped into Trump lashing spree. You got busy and hypocritically lashed Trump based on his personal life. Yet when someone else applies the same principle and lashes a bit on, say, the homosexuals for example, folks like you would scream blue murder.

But does any line of yuur silly rants down there change the FACT about whites and Christians supporting Trump? No! What then was the essence of the rant? Incoherence. Just like the typical leftie that you are.

2) You claimed that Trump was not paying tax. Very dumb and typical of the lefties. Do you even realize the implication of that statement? Claiming that an American billionare does not pay tax is a huge indictment on the US tax and financial institution. So if truly Trump could do without paying tax and yet became your president, then you are admitting that he is way smatter than the entire American institutions.

But that's not the fact. What is the fact? Trump refused to make his tax returms public (and he has the right to do so). But what did the lefties change the fact to? "Trump does not pay tax!"

Seen why Trump calls your source the very fake news media?

Lucasbalo:
Trump will not do anything to American press. He's just a know nothing loud mouth. Nixon tried to denigrate American press during the Watergate Scandal and he failed miserably and he ended up resigning. Who told you majority of Americans supports Trump ?. If you see the kind of opposition against him here , you will be shocked. What's Christian like about a thrice married father of five who cheated on his first two wives ?. What's Christian like about a con man who conned thousands of people out of their money through a fake and unaccredited Trump University ?. What's Christian like about making fun of an handicap ?. What's Christian like about not paying your taxes ?. Give unto Ceasers what's Ceasers. What's Christian like about grabbing them by their Pus*ies ?. I don't know why you guys are idolizing a well known racist. If you want him that much, we can ship him to Nigeria and he will be perfect since you guys love semi dictator.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 1:05am On Feb 23, 2017
paschu:

2) You claimed that Trump was not paying tax. Very dumb and typical of the lefties. Do you even realize the implication of that statement? Claiming that an American billionare does not pay tax is a huge indictment on the US tax and financial institution. So if truly Trump could do without paying tax and yet become your president, then you are admitying that he is smatter than the entire American institutions.

But that's not the fact. What is the fact? Trump refused to make his tax returms public (and he has the right to do so). But what has the leftie turnedthe fact to? "Trump doesnot pay tax"

Seen why Trump calls your source the very fake news media?

Trump's accountants found tax loopholes which were exploited and he himself acknowledged that however I am not sure it indicates that he is smarter than the institutions. For one thing he didn't find the loopholes himself, his accountants did. And secondly tax laws are so convoluted and complicated that it has breed its own set of professionals, it is not something a layman can handle without help. If Trump is going to do anything about those loopholes, he won't be doing it from personal knowledge of the tax code. Finally, his not releasing his tax returns is somewhat indicative of a less than transparent practice. We can argue about his motives but it certainly seems like he wants to continue to exploit those loopholes.

EDIT: He will be the first president not to release his tax returns. Why?

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 23, 2017
raumdeuter:

[img]https://blackandsmart.files./2014/12/the-talk-for-black-boys.jpg[/img]

people like you, responsible black people are routinely harassed by the police in the name of racial profiling. i'm sure you remember that gates guy who was harassed by police while walking into his own house.

im sure you also have your own racial profiling horror stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fRGKntV1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuh1AqR0NA0

funny, but true.

racial profiling of black people is simply the same way nigerian police size up people before harassing them; what is the most trouble that can come out of this for me?

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 2:17am On Feb 23, 2017
oyb:
people like you, responsible black people are routinely harassed by the police in the name of racial profiling. i'm sure you remember that gates guy who was harassed by police while walking into his own house.

im sure you also have your own racial profiling horror stories.

funny, but true.

racial profiling of black people is simply the same way nigerian police size up people before harassing them; what is the most trouble that can come out of this for me?

Profiling is the reality of life.
A Nigerian guy is profiled when it comes to email scam, will you say its unjustified?
An Italian guy is profiled when it comes to organized crime, will you say its unjustified?

In the late 90's in major US cities Nigerians were notorious for crimes, That was when all the Wasiu etc were never short of new millionaires to hail in their music. The FBI started profiling Nigerians and attending Nigerian parties undercover. Anyone who spends money anyhow was investigated. I know a lot of people who were busted from these sting operations

Meaning they profiled Nigerian targeted our parties and gathering. That is ethnic profiling. Right now the percentage of people involved in those crimes have reduced

In the process innocent Nigerian-Americans were stopped investigated and questioned. That the unfortunate price they had to pay. If youre clean you are freed

On NL homepage once you see a new of "A Nigerian caught with drugs in Indonesia" or "A Nigerian caught with scam email" you know to which subgroup your thoughts go in that moment

You dont need to have committed a crime in your life, If a young Pastor is travelling as a Nigerian regardless of how holy he is in his personal life, he will be viewed in the lens of the Nigerian criminal and subjected to searches until it can be proven otherwise.

Many people here are Nigerians and the least person they will trust with their financial info is a Nigerian based on previous experience

I have a friend an Oil worker who from his job has been to Yemen, Iraq, Saudi Qatar.. Each time he is coming into the US, they pull him aside for special questioning because some people from those country have built a reputation

We can debate on the fairness as long as we want but its the reality of life

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 2:37am On Feb 23, 2017
LordReed:
Profiling is not profiling, at least not when it come to law enforcement. Racial profiling is illegal because it uses the racial characteristics of a person to determine if a crime is likely/committed. Criminal profiling on the other hand uses the person's behavior. There is a wide gap between the two.

1. Do you agree certain crimes are prevalent among certain subgroups than in others?

If yes

A "Hispanic crime" is committed with no suspect, you have 100 Hispanic, 100 black, 100 whites, 100 Asians, 100 Europeans, 100 Africans, 100 Arabs, etc totaling 1000

What will you do? Focus more resources on the high risk population of 100 Hispanic for such crimes or Try to sieve through the 1000 population sample to avoid profiling based on race

If I hear there is a mass shooting, I know to a certain degree which group did this, But I should intentionally ignore because SCOTUS said something

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.