Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,514 members, 7,850,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (659597 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hillary leads by 69% with just 3%
reporting.

She picked up 6 Super Delegates,Bernie 0

Popular votes:
Hillary- 1775
Sanders-774

http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/pr/Dem

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 12:03am On Jun 06, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Waiting on Puerto Rico results.Hillary is just 54 delegates short of 2383.

she will definitely get the nomination before California closes on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:13am On Jun 06, 2016
Missy89:

she will definitely get the nomination before California closes on Tuesday.
Most definitely,Sanders might need to get some sunscreen cause he's gonna #feelthemath so badly.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 06, 2016
John King is saying that if the current results hold, Clinton will get 40 pledged delegates from Puerto Rico.

I'd prefer she gets to the magic number on Tuesday.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:59am On Jun 06, 2016
CFCman:
John King is saying that if the current results hold, Clinton will get 40 pledged delegates from Puerto Rico.

I'd prefer she gets to the magic number on Tuesday.
Same here cause Sanders campaign are ready to scream voters fraud once Hillary is declared winner and I don't want to see him dominate the news cycles between now and Tuesday. Tuesday has to be a big win for Hillary,she has to Hold the Door wide open for Sanders to #BernedOut

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 6:52am On Jun 06, 2016
PR is a win.28 delegates to go.

History in the making-First Female Presidential Nominee of a major party.It's been an uneasy race but Hillary Rodham Clinton has triumphed once again.That alone is victory in itself,Uncle Bernard can either share in this or keep hating.

No rigged system here,the people want the most qualified candidate.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 06, 2016
A little deviation from politics..

Army Officer From DC Wins Miss USA Beauty Pageant

For the first time in 14 years (and only third time in history), Miss District of Columbia took home the crown at the Miss USA pageant on Sunday night.

Deshauna Barber, a 26-year-old Army officer and IT analyst for the U.S. Department of Commerce, won first place over Miss Georgia Emanii Davis and Miss Hawaii Chelsea Hardin, the runner-up.

Barber, who graduated from Virginia State University in 2011, joined the military at age 17. Her parents and siblings also serve; her father was deployed overseas to Iraq after the Sept. 11 attacks.

“I consider it to be a family tradition,” she said in a pre-show interview of military service. “It’s something that runs through our veins — patriotism and service for this country.”

According to her Miss USA bio, Barber is currently a logistics commander for the 988th Quartermaster Detachment Unit in Fort Meade, Md.

During the pageant, announcers called her “the most disciplined contestant this year.” Her background added context to her much-applauded answer during the Q&A portion of the evening, as her question covered women in combat.

“The Pentagon recently made the decision to open up all combat jobs to women,” judge and stylist Joe Zee said. “Now, some have questioned whether this has put political correctness over our military’s ability to perform at the highest level. What are your thoughts?”

Barber didn’t hesitate. “As a woman in the United States Army, I think it was an amazing job by our government to allow women to integrate to every branch of the military. We are just as tough as men,” she said to lots of cheers from the crowd. “As a commander of my unit, I am powerful. I am dedicated. And it is important that we recognize that gender does not limit us in the United States Army.”

On social media, some viewers pointed to her answer as the moment Barber locked up the crown. Before the pageant, she spoke about breaking the mold for not only Miss USA contestants, but military soldiers.

“I’m being able to say that no one pageant girl does the same thing or has the same background, and I’m also saying that no one soldier has the same background and does the same thing,” Barber said. “We can be feminine, we can be in beauty contests, we can be models. So there’s stereotypes on both sides that I feel like I’m breaking by even being here and being able to compete for Miss USA.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/06/05/miss-dc-deshauna-barber-wins-the-miss-usa-pageant/

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
ValerianSteel:
PR is a win.28 delegates to go.

History in the making-First Female Presidential Nominee of a major party.It's been an uneasy race but Hillary Rodham Clinton has triumphed once again.That alone is victory in itself,Uncle Bernard can either share in this or keep hating.

No rigged system here,the people want the most qualified candidate.
Gbam. We're almost there. The Bigoted one will see avalanche of attacks that he never imagined. The batting practice is almost over and the first inning is about to begin. It's going be very interesting 5 months.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Gbam. We're almost there. The Bigoted one will see avalanche of attacks that he never imagined. The batting practice is almost over and the first inning is about to begin. It's going be very interesting 5 months.
With Obama's official endorsement this week,it's gonna be an interesting five months.The worst of Secretary Clinton is already out there,the worst of Unfit Donald is just starting.

I look forward to the Debates even Hillary mentioned it when she came to Fresno a few days ago.That would be the annihilation of Trump.He can go back to his fraudulent ways thereafter.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2016
ValerianSteel:
With Obama's official endorsement this week,it's gonna be an interesting five months.The worst of Secretary Clinton is already out there,the worst of Unfit Donald is just starting.

I look forward to the Debates even Hillary mentioned it when she came to Fresno a few days ago.That would be the annihilation of Trump.He can go back to his fraudulent ways thereafter.
The Bigoted one will lose in a landslide that would be worse that the one suffered by Barry Goldwater against Lydon Johnson in 1964. The Senate will flip back to the Democrats and the House is a toss up. That's why the Republican establishment is scared to death. Good for them because they harbor his hatred and racism against Obama during the birther nonsense. Talk of chicken coming home to roost.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lucasbalo:
The Bigoted one will lose in a landslide that would be worse that the one suffered by Barry Goldwater against Lydon Johnson in 1964. The Senate will flip back to the Democrats and the House is a toss up. That's why the Republican establishment is scared to death. Good for them because they harbor his hatred and racism against Obama during the birther nonsense. Talk of chicken coming home to roost.
Much worse,it would be the end of the brand called 'Trump' and definitely Congress is going Blue and no better candidate to win the election than Hillary,she has raised $65m for DNC to help those on the down ticket.This is more than enough reason for any Super Delegate to support her cause she knows the importance of keeping them in their seats unlike Sanders who has spent $200m on his own campaign alone and has raised nothing to support Democrats in Congressional races.

Right now I just want to see Sanders sent back to Vermont so we can focus on he who must not be named and make sure we bury him so deep he never has a chance to resurrect in American politics ever again.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by RedCapChief(m): 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Much worse,it would be the end of the brand called 'Trump' and definitely Congress is going Blue and no better candidate to win the election than Hillary,she has raised $65m for DNC to help those on the down ticket.This is more than enough reason for any Super Delegate to support her cause she knows the importance of keeping them in their seats unlike Sanders who has spent $200m on his own campaign alone and has raised nothing to support Democrats in Congressional races.

Right now I just want to see Sanders sent back to Vermont so we can focus on he who must not be named and make sure we bury him so deep he never has a chance to resurrect in American politics ever again.

Obama couldn't get Congress to go blue and you think Hilary is going to do it? Doubt that. Hilary will win in November because Trump looks like a bad candidate and not because she is a good candidate. I think the GOP will retain their hold on Congress, at least, to keep Hilary in check.

As for brand 'Trump', win or lose, expect a book from that fellow. A $$$$-generating book. Regardless of what happens, Trump comes out on top. The only losers could be the GOP
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
RedCapChief:

Obama couldn't get Congress to go blue and you think Hilary is going to do it? Doubt that. Hilary will win in November because Trump looks like a bad candidate and not because she is a good candidate. I think the GOP will retain their hold on Congress, at least, to keep Hilary in check.

As for brand 'Trump', win or lose, expect a book from that fellow. A $$$$-generating book. Regardless of what happens, Trump comes out on top. The only losers could be the GOP
Lol,you ain't seen nothing yet.Believe what you may,5months from now we'll see who is right.Bye Bye.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:06am On Jun 07, 2016
Hillary had a 69% approval ratings upon leaving office as Secretary of State.The second highest rating in the history of polling.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/17/16570642-nbcwsj-poll-nearly-70-approve-of-hillary-clintons-job

Till this moment,Obama keeps praising her as one of the very best Secretary of States ever but conservatives have shaped the narrative to this orchestrating one scandal after the other.Tomorrow we prove them wrong once again and make history.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Hillary had a 69% approval ratings upon leaving office as Secretary of State.The second highest rating in the history of polling.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/17/16570642-nbcwsj-poll-nearly-70-approve-of-hillary-clintons-job?lite

Till this moment,Obama keeps praising her as one of the very best Secretary of States ever but conservatives have shaped the narrative to this orchestrating one scandal after the other.

A part of me believes that her 60% unfavorable rating is largely due to the email scandal. The person in the White House who leaked the issue to the press would be to blame if Trump nicks the election on Nov 8. It's an open secret in Washington that Secretary Clinton didn't have cordial relationships with some officials in the Obama White House, chief of whom was Valerie Jarrett.

I'm willing to bet that, without the email scandal and subsequent FBI investigation, Clinton's unfavorable rating wouldn't have soared above 50%.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 07, 2016
The poll also found that 66% of those following the story closely now say that Clinton’s use of a private e-mail server while secretary of state likely compromised national security, which is up from 64% last month. More than a third of Democrats (37%) feel this way.

But more than half of Democrats (58%) say that she should continue to run for president, even if “the outcome of the FBI investigation finds that Hillary Clinton broke the law.”

Overall, 65% of those following the story say she should drop out of the race if the FBI finds she broke the law. Among independents, 71% would want her to quit.

Nearly two-thirds (62%) say Clinton should release transcripts of the three speeches she gave to Goldman Sachs in 2013, which earned Clinton $675,000 and have been brought up by Sanders as evidence that she’s in the pocket of Wall Street.

Overall, Hillary made nearly $22 million in speeches in just two years after she left the State Department. The IBD/TIPP Poll finds that 52% say the lucrative fees “raise concerns about Hillary Clinton as an ethical public figure.” Among Democrats, 30% say the speaking fees raise such concerns, as do 59% of independents.
http://www.investors.com/politics/clintons-lead-over-trump-narrows-as-disappointment-with-choices-grows/

The bolded suggests that liberals/progressives make up less than 40% of the Democratic electorate

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:48am On Jun 07, 2016
CFCman:

A part of me believes that her 60% unfavorable rating is largely due to the email scandal. The person in the White House who leaked the issue to the press would be to blame if Trump nicks the election on Nov 8. It's an open secret in Washington that Secretary Clinton didn't have cordial relationships with some officials in the Obama White House, chief of whom was Valerie Jarrett.

I'm willing to bet that, without the email scandal and subsequent FBI investigation, Clinton's unfavorable rating wouldn't have soared above 50%.
I totally agree, though I don't know the extent of the bad blood between Hillary and Valerie but one thing is certain,Hillary is said to have been Obama's biggest policy adviser on different range of issues,Obama is said to value her opinion above others and most times went along with Hillary's proposals and this riled up some top officials against Hillary as they felt she was super imposing and considered herself royalty for having the President's ear anytime.

Right now the email scandal has casted a dark shadow over Hillary's campaign.Judicial Watch is going after anything and everything they lay their hands on,the more coverage the email gets,the more negativity her campaign gets.

If Powell was not made to turn over a single email from his personal email,then why the guillotine hanging over Hillary after handing over 30,000 emails.Most definitely the only reason Hillary had the server set up was to avoid FOI into her .gov emails when she leaves office.Cause knowing how they've always gone after her,she took a decision that was wrong but not illegal and in no way has it put National Security in harm's way.

By now you'd expect the same Judicial Watch and even the media to have made calls for an investigation into Powell and Rice,we sure know their goal is not to scrutinize her emails,they have no care for transparency of any sort but a complete witch hunt openly funded by the GOP.

If there's one thing I've come to realize it's that Secretary Clinton rides out any storm with calm and diplomacy.Any human being that can survive a 13hr trial by vocal combat from republicans and come out unscath deserves more than a thumbs up,it means she did her job to the best of her abilities and couldn't be held responsible for what her abilities could not contain or handle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 07, 2016
RedCapChief:

Yes. The more realistic prediction, according to the polls, is a Democratic-controlled Senate and a GOP-led House of Reps. That's a major reason why she may likely not pick any of the current Dem Senators as her running-mate. She would need as many Dems in the Senate to ensure her judicial and cabinet nominees get confirmed easily.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I totally agree, though I don't know the extent of the bad blood between Hillary and Valerie but one thing is certain,Hillary is said to have been Obama's biggest policy adviser on different range of issues,Obama is said to value her opinion above others and most times went along with Hillary's proposals and this riled up some top officials against Hillary as they felt she was super imposing and considered herself royalty for having the President's ear anytime.

Right now the email scandal has casted a dark shadow over Hillary's campaign.Judicial Watch is going after anything and everything they lay their hands on,the more coverage the email gets,the more negativity her campaign gets.

If Powell was not made to turn over a single email from his personal email,then why the guillotine hanging over Hillary after handing over 30,000 emails.Most definitely the only reason Hillary had the server set up was to avoid FOI into her .gov emails when she leaves office.Cause knowing how they've always gone after her,she took a decision that was wrong but not illegal and in no way has it put National Security in harm's way.

By now you'd expect the same Judicial Watch and even the media to have made calls for an investigation into Powell and Rice,we sure know their goal is not to scrutinize her emails,they have no care for transparency of any sort but a complete witch hunt openly funded by the GOP.

If there's one thing I've come to realize it's that Secretary Clinton rides out any storm with calm and diplomacy.Any human being that can survive a 13hr trial by vocal combat from republicans and come out unscath deserves more than a thumbs up,it means she did her job to the best of her abilities and couldn't be held responsible for what her abilities could not contain or handle.

If she wins in November, her performance at that House hearing would be described as one of the positive turning points in the campaign for her.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:02am On Jun 07, 2016
CFCman:

http://www.investors.com/politics/clintons-lead-over-trump-narrows-as-disappointment-with-choices-grows/

The bolded suggests that liberals/progressives make up less than 40% of the Democratic electorate
Majority of Dems electorate are moderate with centrist approach to a number of issues in the Democratic platform.Progressives are rising fast and passionately impressing far leftism on many.It's hard identifying as 'simply liberal' these days,far leftists will come at you hard saying its all or nothing.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:07am On Jun 07, 2016
CFCman:

If she wins in November, her performance at that House hearing would be described as one of the positive turning points in the campaign for her.

Huh?

You might want to start being more positive.When she wins is more appropriate grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 07, 2016

ValerianSteel:
Huh?

You might want to start being more positive.When she wins is more appropriate grin

Lol. I can't take anything for granted. grin

If George W. Bush could be re-elected despite bungling the invasion of Iraq, and only lost the popular vote in 2000 by 500,000 votes, I would still consider Trump as a formidable nominee.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:21am On Jun 07, 2016
A reflection from 08 we want Sanders to respect.
http://nytimes.com/2008/06/04/us/politics/04elect.html

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:23am On Jun 07, 2016
CFCman:

Lol. I can't take anything for granted. grin

If George W. Bush could be re-elected despite bungling the invasion of Iraq, and only lost the popular vote in 2000 by 500,000 votes, I would still consider Trump as a formidable nominee.
True.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:29am On Jun 07, 2016
Sums it all up.

This is actually a huge part of why I'm not just hell-bent on a woman president, but on 'Hillary Clinton' being that first woman president. We've said it til we're blue in the face here but she is the most qualified candidate to grace a ballot in decades and she's been shat on by everyone with an asshole along the way. She's taken punches from every balled up fist in the country and several more pairs abroad. She just refused to stop. I can't wait to have a president who cannot be taken down, and with a record proving it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hillaryclinton/comments/4msv02/do_we_realize_just_how_momentous_a_week_this_is/

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 07, 2016
BREAKING NEWS:

The AP is already declaring Hillary Clinton the presumptive Democratic nominee.

By their count, she has garnered 2,384 pledged and super delegates. Sanders has 1,566 delegates

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 2:16am On Jun 07, 2016
CFCman:
BREAKING NEWS:

The AP is already declaring Hillary Clinton the presumptive Democratic nominee.

By their count, she has garnered 2,384 pledged and super delegates. Sanders has 1,566 delegates
I wish they'd wait till tomorrow.I don't want to see grumpy face on my tv screen whining about this.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:31am On Jun 07, 2016
CFCman:

Even with the so called Republicon email scandal, there's no way the Bigoted one will Nick the election on November 8th. America is too diverse to elect a demagogic charlatan to the presidency.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by RedCapChief(m): 11:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Hilary Clinton finally bags the nomination. Time for good ol' Obammy to jump into the ring.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Even with the so called Republicon email scandal, there's no way the Bigoted one will Nick the election on November 8th. America is too diverse to elect a demagogic charlatan to the presidency.
I heard that Mr Trump has an African-American supporter grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
CFCman:

I heard that Mr Trump has an African-American supporter grin grin
Yes. That's his only supporter from the hood.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.