Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (654614 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
President Donald J. Trump: "America must put its own citizens first. Only then can we truly make America great again."

Donald J. Trump

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
Since President Donald J. Trump took office, fewer illegal immigrants have been caught trying to cross the southwest border.

“Some of it could be a reaction to statements from President Trump that we’re going to increase border security."

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
Donald J. Trump

EVERY American child should be able to grow up in a safe community, to attend a great school, and to have access to a high-paying job.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
obixcel:
''Democrats should have become worried tonight" -- Van Jones on Donald Trump's address to congress
Democrats worry about what ?. You are very new to American politics. There's nothing new in what trump is saying because every American president gives a good speech on The State of The Union. It's what is accomplished that matters. His speechwriters wrote a good speech and all he does is reading the Teleprompter. It's the way trump governs that matters and that remains to be seen. Infact, he's a woeful failure so far.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:
Solid Trump Speech
Tell us one thing the Speech accomplished ?. It's the way he governs that counts not reading some speech on Teleprompter ?. Once he starts behaving like a President and stop lying and turning anyone that disagree with him to an American enemy, then he will be taken seriously. The speech just tell us he has good speechwriters. Don't get over excited about presidential speech.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

How is that a bad thing?
With all the infrastructural decay all over america, pumping hundreds of billions $ more into the military is not the solution. Where is the money coming from ? . With taxcuts trump is proposing and infrastructural upgrade and other spendings, the deficit and the National Debt will go into stratosphere. People getting over excited about a speech is unbelievable. Expecting the Cavemen who's got no idea about the way things are in America to jubilate over a speech but not you.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
stanech:

Loook at who is talking, The guy that thinks he is better than everyone else because he resides in one of those Chicago slumps
Caveman, it's Slum not slumps. Talking about Slums, you should know because that's a perpetual place where your progenitors descended from. Think about that since you will never escape that slum you called home.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Tell us one thing the Speech accomplished ?. It's the way he governs that counts not reading some speech on Teleprompter ?. Once he starts behaving like a President and stop lying and turning anyone that disagree with him to an American enemy, then he will be taken seriously. The speech just tell us he has good speechwriters. Don't get over excited about presidential speech.
It doesn't matter how many he has accomplished or will accomplish, No matter what u and ur libtards are still gonna hate, period!. Trump is doing something about your beloved crime-filled Chicago, and he's just signed two Executive orders to help Women and African American Colleges. Hatred blinds you, no matter what the other fellow does it's never good enough, it can never be appreciated even if he/she gives u honey from d rock 24/7. So take the kool aid and chill, Haters will always hate.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Funny Nancy Pelosi Reaction to Trump's First Presidential Address to Congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zfrrESh60M

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
obixcel:
It doesn't matter how many he has accomplished or will accomplish, No matter what u and ur libtards are still gonna hate, period!. Trump is doing something about your beloved crime-filled Chicago, and he's just signed two Executive orders to help Women and African American Colleges. Hatred blinds you, no matter what the other fellow does it's never good enough, it can never be appreciated even if he/she gives u honey from d rock 24/7. So take the kool aid and chill, Haters will always hate.
Dumbo, I know you can't differentiate between a speech and governing. State of the Union speech means absolutely nothing in america. Governing means a lot and the buck stops at the Presidency. When trump starts respecting Americans that disagrees with him as unamerican, he will starts gaining people's respect. I don't expect you to know that since you are used to a despotic leadership.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
stanech:

They did report no doubt but they would have praised the Clinton if she was president but rather they bash Trump for this...

BTW I do not spend all my day on NL

Re.tard, many media outlets accredited it to Trump.

You do spend all your day on NL. grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:
With all the infrastructural decay all over america, pumping hundreds of billions $ more into the military is not the solution. Where is the money coming from ? . With taxcuts trump is proposing and infrastructural upgrade and other spendings, the deficit and the National Debt will go into stratosphere. People getting over excited about a speech is unbelievable. Expecting the Cavemen who's got no idea about the way things are in America to jubilate over a speech but not you.

Well said!

Additionally, Obama inherited an economy in recession (thanks to Bill Clinton's deregulations of the markets which were continued by G.W. Bush), so he employed what economists call 'deficit spending'. Meaning that the government borrowed and pumped money into the economy to boost it and get it going again. These measures date back to Keynes who also said that once the economy recovers, the debt must be paid off. It goes without saying why debts should be paid back.

With Trump pumping more borrowed money into the economy, it is only a question of time until the economy will crash again. Combined with the deregulations of the financial markets that he proposes, it may turn out worse than the Great Depression in the 30s.

It will even affect stanech in his hole. He will not even be able to eat one square meal of garri a day, that is if he can afford it now but the mo.ron is unable to understand it. It is too complicated and not comprised into a 140 characters message. grin

cc: Missy89

I also wonder why military spending should have priority here and now when you folks have the strongest and by far most superior military in the world. Don't you have other problems?

Ahhh, yeah! Let us create jobs by bringing back the steel industry. And once the costs explode, the Republicans will shout 'regime change' again, bomb countries without any back-up from the UN Security Council and leave Europe alone to face another immigrant crisis. And then Missy89 will say that empathy has no place in politics. Without empathy and compassion, we would not have any human rights today, which we are so proud of but that's a story for another day.

Make America FVCK IT UP again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
oyb:

If no one stops Trump shadow president bannon will have his war with China or the Middle East

Oh well, he will need to have a war for the investment in the military to pay off. War is business. I doubt it will be China though for the simple fact that North Korea is a bigger problem and also because he has pledged his alliance to Israel. So it is either South Korea or another country in the Middle East. And once desperate and destitue people start fleeing from these worn torn countries, Americans will close their border in the name of islamophobia.

I wish Europeans had been smarter. I seriously think Putin is now the lesser of the two evils and I never thought I would say it.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
obixcel:
Funny Nancy Pelosi Reaction to Trump's First Presidential Address to Congress

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
obixcel:
Funny Nancy Pelosi Reaction to [i][/i]iTrump's First Presidential Address to Congress

You live under a despotic and semi dictatorial regime, you wouldn't know what democratic opposition is. Caveman, go get a life since you don't know squat about American politics except the junks you Google.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:

Lol. You are contradicting urself. I find it extremely weird that a liberal like you is pretending to care about the debt when the president is a republican. But you guys want to expand every entitlement program in the books.

By the way, the proposed military spending increase is about 20 billion compared to the 1 trillion he wants to spend on infrastructure. Your partisan brain did not remember that part apparently

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
schwarzkopf:

Alternative link is this link inspired by kellyann?? The link is not opening and as fake as agent Orange hair.

That is from the Michigan Attorney General. You should educate yourself and stop wailing

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:

Obama used the teleprompter during his presidency and lied in his speeches too. So what is your point exactly?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Lol. You are contradicting urself. I find it extremely weird that a liberal like you is pretending to care about the debt when the president is a republican. But you guys want to expand every entitlement program in the books.

By the way, the proposed military spending increase is about 20 billion compared to the 1 trillion he wants to spend on infrastructure. Your partisan brain did not remember that part apparently

Calling every social security program and entitlement exposes your ignorance of how social security programs are designed.
I live in Europe and I have been paying for my social insurance for almost a decade now. I am not entitled to it when I lose my job, I earned it.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

I also wonder why military spending should have priority here and now when you folks have the strongest and by far most superior military in the world. Don't you have other problems?

Ahhh, yeah! Let us create jobs by bringing back the steel industry. And once the costs explode, the Republicans will shout 'regime change' again, bomb countries without any back-up from the UN Security Council and leave Europe alone to face another immigrant crisis. And then Missy89 will say that empathy has no place in politics. Without empathy and compassion, we would not have any human rights today, which we are so proud of but that's a story for another day.

Make America FVCK IT UP again.

Empathy has nothing to do with Human rights. Most Human Rights documents were written after feudal states have disappeared in Europe in the Middle Ages. Are u saying the people started having compassion in the 12th century?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

Calling every social security program and entitlement exposes your ignorance of how social security programs are designed.
I live in Europe and I have been paying for my social insurance for almost a decade now. I am not entitled to it when I lose my job, I earned it.

Europe is not America. If you don't understand the term I am referring to, don't quote me

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

What makes you think it works the same way in America? If you don't understand the term I am referring to, don't quote me

I know the term and how you abuse it and I know that America is a third world country in terms of social security.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

I know the term and how you abuse it and I know that America is a third world country in terms of social security.

Apparently you don't know the term. Who cares if Europe has a better social security? Americans aren't rushing to Europe are they?

A government report defining what entitlement is in America.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Not surprised you are supporting more money on Defense Department because that's where your bread is being buttered. I like millions of Americans wants the cuts in Defense budget. The debts emanates from the Gipper era of Star Wars with the Soviet Union and it was Democratic President by the name Bill Clinton who erased the deficit and we know what a Republican president by the name George W did with his two worthless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Rebuilding American infrastructures takes precedent over military military budgets since we are not in the Cold War with Russia anymore.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Obama used the teleprompter during his presidency and lied in his speeches too. So what is your point exactly?
The conman will resort to his tweeter garbage in couple days. All presidents gives a good State of the Union speech and that's meaningless unless followed by concrete actions. It's not what he says, it's what he will do and so far he's a failure.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Apparently you don't know the term.

How can I not know it? Republicans throw it around all the time, even when it makes no sense.

Who cares if Europe has a better social security? Americans aren't rushing to Europe are they?

No, refugees are because you bombed their countries.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

How can I not know it? Republicans throw it around all the time, even when it makes no sense.

No, refugees are because you bombed their countries.

I just attached a government report that describes what entitlement is. How about u educated yourself ?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

I just attached a government report that describes what entitlement is. How about u educated yourself ?

You even call healthcare an entitlement when it clearly is not.
How can a developed country not have a proper healthcare system?

It's just insa.ne.

Did I read in the document that insurance-based programs are called entitlement? grin

Stewpidity at its peak.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

You even call healthcare an entitlement when it clearly is not.
How can a developed country not have a proper healthcare system?

It's just insa.ne.

Did I read in the document that insurance-based programs are called entitlement? grin

Stewpidity at its peak.

I never said healthcare was an entitlement. In fact I never said anything. I was only educating you on what the government said. You claimed it is a term thrown around by republicans and I was just showing you what the government classify under entitlement programs. If you still can't comprehend that then I can't help you

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

I never said healthcare was an entitlement. In fact I never said anything. I was only educating you on what the government said. You claimed it is a term thrown around by republicans and I was just showing you what the government classify under entitlement programs. If you still can't comprehend that then I can't help you

You need to educate yourself first Missy89, not me, or just say that you support the Republicans because they butter your bread without any uncalled for justifications of what you actually know is wrong.

Here is an extract from your source and it perfectly illustrates the brainwashing that Republicans have been, I must admit, very successful with:

Entitlements are divided into two main categories: those financed from federal trust funds (or insurance based programs) and those paid for out of general revenues (or the needs based programs.
The insurance based programs, which constitute the major portion of entitlement spending, include social security, uemployment insurance and Medicare.

So people pay insurance and taxes from which these programs are funded and when they need one of these programs, you call it entitlement?
They are not entitled, they paid for it and they deserve it. In the same way that I deserve for my car insurance to cover the damage of my car in the unfortunate case of an accident. It's not because I feel entitled, it's because I paid for it.

And to think that the Party that attracts so many Christian fundamentalists, has no mercy on the needy, is hypocritical to the core.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by schwarzkopf(m): 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

That is from the Michigan Attorney General. You should educate yourself and stop wailing

The link is bulllshit and it's not even opening.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

You need to educate yourself first Missy89, not me, or just say that you support the Republicans because they butter your bread without any uncalled for justifications of what you actually know is wrong.

Here is an extract from your source and it perfectly illustrates the brainwashing that Republicans have been, I must admit, very successful with:

Entitlements are divided into two main categories: those financed from federal trust funds (or insurance based programs) and those paid for out of general revenues (or the needs based programs.
The insurance based programs, which constitute the major portion of entitlement spending, include social security, uemployment insurance and Medicare.

So people pay insurance and taxes from which these programs are funded and when they need one of these programs, you call it entitlement?
They are not entitled, they paid for it and they deserve it. In the same way that I deserve for my car insurance to cover the damage of my car in the unfortunate case of an accident. It's not because I feel entitled, it's because I paid for it.

And to think that the Party that attracts so many Christian fundamentalists, has no mercy on the needy, is hypocritical to the core.

Lol. I see you left off the next paragraph after that CLEARLY says that the need based entitlement is not based on prior tax payments.

Now u are playing fast and loose, changing the topic as fast as you can.

I don't have time to spoon feed you what you are pretending not to see.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.