Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (656178 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
schwarzkopf:

The link is bulllshit and it's not even opening.

Copy the whole line and enter it in ur browser. U can't click it directly
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Lol. I see you left off the next paragraph after that CLEARLY says that the need based entitlement is not based on prior tax payments.

Now u are playing fast and loose, changing the topic as fast as you can.

I don't have time to spoon feed you what you are pretending not to see.

So what?
People who have not paid in, can get less out. There is no reason why a college graduate should fall out of the social security net when s/he is unable to find a job immeditely. This is how many countries actually differentiate but, of course, you don't know it. I would much rather support such a person with my taxes than fund your senseless wars.

And stop distracting, is my car insurance an entitlement? grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

So what?
People who have not paid in can get less out. There is no reason why a college graduate should not fall out of the social security net when s/he is unable to find a job immeditely. This is how many countries actually differentiate but, of course, you don't know it.

And stop distracting, is my car insurance an entitlement? grin

I feel like I am talking to someone who doesn't and can't comprehend anything. Now what is the point of this argument?

I said Lucas wasn't interested in cutting entitlements, you jumped in and claimed that I am using the word in a wrong way.

I showed you what the government define as entitlement to show u what I meant.

You pretended as if you can't read the paragraph that clearly state that their are need based entitlement that are relieved by people without prior tax payments.

When I called you out on that your answer is "SO WHAT"

I thought the point of this back and forth was that I was using a word in a wrong way and it is now clear that I wasn't. What you are doing right now is grasping at straws. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

You need to educate yourself first Missy89, not me, or just say that you support the Republicans because they butter your bread without any uncalled for justifications of what you actually know is wrong.

Here is an extract from your source and it perfectly illustrates the brainwashing that Republicans have been, I must admit, very successful with:

Entitlements are divided into two main categories: those financed from federal trust funds (or insurance based programs) and those paid for out of general revenues (or the needs based programs.
The insurance based programs, which constitute the major portion of entitlement spending, include social security, uemployment insurance and Medicare.

So people pay insurance and taxes from which these programs are funded and when they need one of these programs, you call it entitlement?
They are not entitled, they paid for it and they deserve it. In the same way that I deserve for my car insurance to cover the damage of my car in the unfortunate case of an accident. It's not because I feel entitled, it's because I paid for it.

And to think that the Party that attracts so many Christian fundamentalists, has no mercy on the needy, is hypocritical to the core.
You nailed it Buddy. All the so called republican evangelicals are race hustlers using the name of God in vain. Anything that benefits the least in America they are opposed to. The worrisome part of it is that most of their supporters that are not well to do are gobbling up their junk. It's like a deer cheering for a lion. I know guys in Chicago earning measly $30.000 yearly which you can hardly race a family of three with in a cosmopolitan city ailing trump because he wants to give a tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires. How is that going to be of help to him. Why would anyone goes against health care for Americans that doesn't have it or how could anyone with brain call Social Security an entitlement?. That's brainwashed being in full mode. Whatever you do to the littlest of the people you do to me according to Jesus Christ says the Good book. Most of the loud mouths Jesus spokesperson in republican outfits are nothing but charlatans.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You nailed it Buddy. All the so called republican evangelicals are race hustlers using the name of God in vain. Anything that benefits the least in America they are opposed to. The worrisome part of it is that most of their supporters that are not well to do are gobbling up their junk. It's like a deer cheering for a lion. I know guys in Chicago earning measly $30.000 yearly which you can hardly race a family of three with in a cosmopolitan city ailing trump because he wants to give a tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires. How is that going to be of help to him. Why would anyone goes against health care for Americans that doesn't have it or how could anyone with brain call Social Security an entitlement?. That's brainwashed being in full mode. Whatever you do to the littlest of the people you do to me according to Jesus Christ says the Good book. Most of the loud mouths Jesus spokesperson in republican outfits are nothing but charlatans.

So why does the government constantly call need based social program entitlements. Answer that question sir

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:

If you want to understand how Republicans get people to vote against their own interests, read "Deer Hunting with Jesus".

Thank me later. wink

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

So why does the government constantly call need based social program entitlements. Answer that question sir

BRAINWASHING! So that people like you repeat it before you learn to think critically, which may be NEVER. Unfortunately!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

BRAINWASHING! So that people like you repeat it before you learn to think critically, which may be NEVER. Unfortunately!

But but but but but but you claimed earlier that republicans created the word.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
CFCman:

And there was no "...Your excellency, the vice president, my Lords temporal and spiritual.." cheesy

Trump delivered a near 'safe' speech, but his specific reference to illegal immigrants committing crimes could be viewed by hate groups as a license to engage in discriminatory conduct towards all immigrants, especially those of color. He could have stuck with condemning crime in general, and proffering solutions to further reduce the crime rate.

Exactly Bro..Exactly
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

So wait a min. If a social program is classified under the entitlement program and someone says that we need to cut entitlement programs, that is brainwashing? really? Do you have any brain? cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

I feel like I am talking to someone who doesn't and can't comprehend anything. Now what is the point of this argument?

I said Lucas wasn't interested in cutting entitlements, you jumped in and claimed that I am using the word in a wrong way.

The word is wrong in this context and it is used to brainwash you. I have shown you why. Think of the car insurance example.

I showed you what the government define as entitlement to show u what I meant.

I get you Missy but you have to understand how powerful language is and then understand the intention behind the word as it is used in this context.

You pretended as if you can't read the paragraph that clearly state that their are need based entitlement that are relieved by people without prior tax payments.

I know the word has been used and it has been used for so long many of you do not even know why.

When I called you out on that your answer is "SO WHAT"

So what was in reference to what you said about the small minority who gets something without paying in. I don't see anything wrong in it because someone may struggle to find a job after university and deserves to have his basic needs covered. You can disagree with that.

I thought the point of this back and forth was that I was using a word in a wrong way and it is now clear that I wasn't. What you are doing right now is grasping at straws. Pathetic

You are because you have been brainwashed to. Social security is not an entitlement, it is something we pay for and under unfortunate circumstances deserve.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

So wait a min. If a social program is classified under the entitlement program and someone says that we need to cut entitlement programs, that is brainwashing? really? Do you have any brain? cry

the person with only half of her brain operating is you.
The word entitlement should be completely removed from the discussion and from all these documents because it implies that people get free goodies when in fact they work for them.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

But but but but but but you claimed earlier that republicans created the word.

I don't know who created it but I know who loves to throw it around to make a case against social security.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

The word is wrong in this context and it is used to brainwash you. I have shown you why. Think of the car insurance example.

I get you Missy but you have to understand how powerful language is and then understand the intention behind the word as it is used in this context.

I know the word has been used and it has been used for so long many of you do not even know why.

So what was in reference to what you said about the small minority who gets something without paying in. I don't see anything wrong in it because someone may struggle to find a job after university and deserves to have his basic needs covered. You can disagree with that.

You are because you have been brainwashed to. Social security is not an entitlement, it is something we pay for and under unfortunate circumstances deserve.

Sorry but you are not making any sense. As long as the government thinks that need based social programs are entitlements. There is nothing wrong in saying that we need to cut entitlements. You obviously know which one I was talking about. If you don't, you won't think I am evil because that tells me that u known was talking about social programs. (obviously I can't be talking about social security and Medicare which Trump is not interested in cutting anyway )

I don't mind the criticism but pretending as if you don't know is kind of pathetic.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

I don't know who created it but I know who loves to throw it around to make a case against social security.

OK I will dumb it down for you. I am not making any case against social security. I was talking about need based social programs. Happy?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Sorry but you are not making any sense. As long as the government thinks that need based social programs are entitlements. There is nothing wrong in saying that we need to cut entitlements. You obviously know which one I was talking about. If you don't, you won't think I am evil because that tells me that u known was talking about social programs. (obviously I can't be talking about social security and Medicare which Trump is not interested in cutting anyway )

I don't mind the criticism but pretending as if you don't know is kind of pathetic.

It is wrong for the government to deprive the citizens of anything they have paid for, e.g. unemployment insurance or Medicare.

Again: It is like your car insurance agent would say that they are not going to pay for your damage because they need to cut your entitlements.

What's so difficult to understand about it?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

It is wrong for the government to deprive the citizens of anything they have paid for, e.g. unemployment insurance or Medicare.

Again: It is like your car insurance agent would say that they are not going to pay for your damage because they need to cut your entitlements.

What's so difficult to understand about it?

Like I said I have no problem with that. Neither does Trump. But the same government classified other programs under the same umbrella that is what I was talking about.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

OK I will dumb it down for you. I am not making any case against social security. I was talking about need based social programs. Happy?

Need-based programs are social security programs. GOSH!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Like I said I have no problem with that. Neither does Trump. But the same government classified other programs under the same umbrella that is what I was talking about.

Which programs PRECISELY?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

I don't know and frankly I don't care what they call it. No one deserves to be humiliated or scorned because of poverty. It's not about the well to do it's about the totality of people. That's why I embrace liberalism. My wife and I and our kids have what we call Cadillac health insurance but I hate to see people turn to emergency room as the Primary Health Care giver hence I support Medicaid. If you want Americans to be going through garbage cans to eat, I don't. That's what makes people like me a liberal. My wife and I have been blessed in our own little way not to rely on any form of government assistance and I know all fingers are not equal. What you do to the littlest of the people is what you do to me says Jesus Christ. That's the essence of liberalism. Common good over individual greed.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I don't know and frankly I don't care what they call it.

They call them entitlements so that people think that it is an undeserved gift that can be taken away from them any time the ruling class deems it fit. And the word evokes the impression that the government pays for it when in fact it is the tax payer and the insurant, the same person who pays in today may need it tomorrow and they act like they do the person a favor by returning what s/he deserves.

No one deserves to be humiliated or scorned because of poverty. It's not about the well to do it's about the totality of people. That's why I embrace liberalism. My wife and I and our kids have what we call Cadillac health insurance but I hate to see people turn to emergency room as the Primary Health Cre giver hence I support Medicaid. If you want Americans to be going through garbage cans to eat, I don't. That's what makes people like me a liberal. My wife and I have been blessed in our own little way not to rely on any form of government assistance and I know all fingers are not equal. What you do to the littlest of the people is what you do for me says Jesu Christ. That's the essence of liberalism. Common good over individual greed.

You American folks have a funny way with terms. A liberalist in Europe is actually someone who is rather against social security programs. We would call you left-liberal but never merely liberal. cheesy Left stands for social security and liberal in terms of values such as gay rights, gender equality etc.

The Republican party would be what we would much rather call a mixture of conservatism and liberalism.

It is also interesting to note that we are confused with the Democratic party. Someone like Hillary is considered a neoliberal (corporations friendly) here, a threat to social market economies. Bernies Sanders is someone we would consider left but not Hillary. cheesy

It's confusing sometimes.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

Need-based programs are social security programs. GOSH!

Now I see the problem. In America, social security is what you get when u are over 60. It is different from what you are calling social security programs (I assume u meant welfare programs)

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Now I see the problem. In America, social security is what you get when u are over 60. It is different from what you are calling social security programs (I assume u meant welfare programs)

So what do you get when you are over 60 other than your pension?
And what is the difference between social security programs and welfare programs?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

So what do you get when you are over 60 other than your pension?
And what is the difference between social security programs and welfare programs?

Everybody that is in the workforce pays social security and Medicare tax. You have to pay it for a number of years to get the benefits when u are over 60 apart from your pension if you have one. Welfare programs is need based and it is determined the income u earn. Low wage workers or people that are not working can qualify based on their needs.

The government put both on the same category called Entitlement programs . The first one are those old Americans receiving monthly benefits from the government because they paid into it when they were younger and working the second class are those that are getting benefits because of their needs.

Republicans don't want to cut social security and Medicare that people paid into. They only want to reform it (topic for another day). What they want to cut is the other branch of what the government calls entitlements which is what is was talking about.

What you mean by social security program is welfare program. Social security is a program by itself.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Everybody that is in the workforce pays social security and Medicare tax. You have to pay it for a number of years to get the benefits when u are over 60 apart from your pension if you have one. Welfare programs is need based and it is determined the income u earn. Low wage workers or people that are not working can qualify based on their needs.

So you pay for Medicare and you can only get it once you are 60 or older? so what if someone falls sick at the age of 47?
Strange.

The government put both on the same category called Entitlement programs . The first one are those old Americans receiving monthly benefits from the government because they paid into it when they were younger and working the second class are those that are getting benefits because of their needs.

But those who get it because of their needs still paid for it when they were able to, right?

Republicans don't want to cut social security and Medicare that people paid into. They only want to reform it (topic for another day). What they want to cut is the other branch of what the government calls entitlements which is what is was talking about.

In your source unemployment insurance was called entitlement too. So if I pay, let's say for 15 years, my unemployment insurance contribution, they still call it entitlement and can cut it even though I earned it. Doesn't make sense to me.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

So you pay for Medicare and you can only get it once you are 60 or older? so what if someone falls sick at the age of 47?
Strange.

But those who get it because of their needs still paid for it when they were able to, right?

In your source unemployment insurance was called entitlement too. So if I pay, let's say for 15 years, my unemployment insurance contribution, they still call it entitlement and can cut it even though I earned it. Doesn't make sense to me.

If you are working and you fall sick at the age of 47. You will either use your work insurance or Medicaid(insurance for low income and poor americans
)

No they don't pay for government benefits. You get it when you qualify.

No one is planning to really cut things like employment insurance, social security or Medicare. Reform it maybe. When most politicians talk about cutting entitlements they are talking about welfare benefits or any benefit that is issued to recipients who based on needs and not tax contribution
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

If you are working and you fall sick at the age of 47. You will either use your work insurance or Medicaid(insurance for low income and poor americans
)

No they don't pay for government benefits. You get it when you qualify.

No one is planning to really cut things like employment insurance, social security or Medicare. Reform it maybe. When most politicians talk about cutting entitlements they are talking about welfare benefits

Which welfare benefits?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

Which welfare benefits?

There are at least 80 of them

Snap tanf wic Medicaid etc

Depends on how generous your state is, some recipient get more than a minimum wage earner
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

There are at least 80 of them

Snap tanf wic Medicaid etc

Depends on how generous your state is, some recipient get more than a minimum wage earner

Your teaching methodology sucks. tongue
I will research it on my own. smiley
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

Your teaching methodology sucks. tongue
I will research it on my own. smiley

Lol. I am at work

https://singlemotherguide.com/federal-welfare-programs/

Over 600 billion in federal spending
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Lol. I am at work

https://singlemotherguide.com/federal-welfare-programs/

In Iraq? grin tongue

Not funny, ehn!

Anyway, have a good day. wink smiley

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Missy89:

Lol. I am at work

Babie, be careful. Do not forget to look out for the S-400Triumf from your rear view. grin cheesy grin

The irunmoles wish you good luck & safe landing. grin cheesy grin

Goodnight my sweet burden! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh-BmBedTVI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.