Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (656064 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
happney65:

You want the status quo to remain on Guns?But the status quo should not remain on immigration right?

This is a very unintelligent response. So because status quo on gun should remain, status quo on everything should also remain? Why not let the status quo on slavery also remain, And status quo on disenfranchising women, or status quo on same sex marriage just because status quo on guns remain.

So if you decide to stay with your wife for 40yrs means you should also stay with your car, your couch, your bedsheet, your electronics for 40yrs

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
President Obama said Thursday that while he and his wife Michelle Obama were campaigning in Iowa, the First Lady indicated that she would have wanted a gun if the couple lived in a rural area.

“At one point Michelle turned to me and said, ‘You know, if I was living in a farmhouse where the sheriff's department is pretty far away and somebody can just turn off the highway and come up to the farm,’” he said during a CNN town hall on guns in America. “‘I would want to have a shotgun or a rifle to make sure I was protected and to make sure my family was protected.’”

Obama suggested that given that his family lives in Chicago — a city that has experienced over four dozen shootings over the past week alone, according to CNN — their perspective on guns was naturally different than someone who lives in a rural area.

The difference in opinion on guns across the country, the President said, is partially because "people occupy different realities" — both in terms of location and tradition.

"There are a whole bunch of law-abiding citizens who have grown up hunting with their dads, going to the shooting range and are responsible gun owners," Obama said.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

This is a very unintelligent response. So because status quo on gun should remain, status quo on everything should also remain? Why not let the status quo on slavery also remain, And status quo on disenfranchising women, or status quo on same sex marriage just because status quo on guns remain.

So if you decide to stay with your wife for 40yrs means you should also stay with your car, your couch, your bedsheet, your electronics for 40yrs

Okay,So why should anybody,including terrorists,mentally challenged,drug addicts,and i mean anybody should be able to walk walk into a gun store and buy any type of Gun..Not just gun,A real weapon of War,Guns meant for War would be in the Hands of these people above with no issues at all..Be sincere for once and ask yourself if such make sense

Thank you
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
Today we dare to think freely where before we did not, but however we cannot; our will to think is only a willingness to think what the media term 'a necessity' against chaos, and this is what we feel as our continuing liberty.

Can anyone imagine a more appalling caricature of freedom of thought?

Any consumer of modern media neither knows, nor is allowed to know, the purposes for which he is used, nor even the role that he is to play. Here, as in every army, the soldier obeys blindly, and war-aims and operation-plans change without his knowledge. The press today is an army with carefully organized arms and branches, with journalists as officers, and voters as soldiers.

I do not think greater subversion of a republic could ever be imagined.

Today every founding father would demand, not freedom for the press, but freedom from the press; but the politician, both democrat and republican, play a game with the media to secure all of their positions against the voter who today is best seen as the mark in the greatest confidence game ever attempted.

Until the mark rebels, the game's rigging is just his paranoia. Is the entire republic worth anyone's loyalty today? Subsets, yes, have character and lives worth defending and will defend us in return. The greatest subversion is to think ourselves, the voter, alone. We must not think the thoughts the media demand, but thoughts of what the broadest in-group that secures safety and so loyalty is.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
raumdeuter:
President Obama said Thursday that while he and his wife Michelle Obama were campaigning in Iowa, the First Lady indicated that she would have wanted a gun if the couple lived in a rural area.

“At one point Michelle turned to me and said, ‘You know, if I was living in a farmhouse where the sheriff's department is pretty far away and somebody can just turn off the highway and come up to the farm,’” he said during a CNN town hall on guns in America. “‘I would want to have a shotgun or a rifle to make sure I was protected and to make sure my family was protected.’”

Obama suggested that given that his family lives in Chicago — a city that has experienced over four dozen shootings over the past week alone, according to CNN — their perspective on guns was naturally different than someone who lives in a rural area.

The difference in opinion on guns across the country, the President said, is partially because "people occupy different realities" — both in terms of location and tradition.

"There are a whole bunch of law-abiding citizens who have grown up hunting with their dads, going to the shooting range and are responsible gun owners," Obama said.

Hunters he referred to and mostly people that live in rural areas and not yeye and people who are obsessed with Guns with little or no reason

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
happney65:

Okay,So why should anybody,including terrorists,mentally challenged,drug addicts,and i mean anybody should be able to walk walk into a gun store and buy any type of Gun..Not just gun,A real weapon of War,Guns meant for War would be in the Hands of these people above with no issues at all..Be sincere for once and ask yourself if such make sense

Thank you

There was a time the Democrats had overwhelming control of Presidency and both houses, How come they never pushed this law? Or they simply forgot.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
happney65:
Hunters he referred to and mostly people that live in rural areas and not yeye and people who are obsessed with Guns with little or no reason

So how do you know someone who is a hunter, who hunts for recreation or who lives in Rural areas, People who live in urban areas too need guns and have guns, Lucas has guns he lives in Chicago, Have you asked him why he need guns? Or he is also obsessed

Have their been studies and research that showed that mentally challenged people are more likely to shoot people than normal people
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

WHy should you take their guns? Making guns illegal only ensures that the bad guys have a monopoly of guns. The man living in rural Idaho that the nearest Sherriff is 3hrs away how do you want him to protect himself

Nigeria where guns are not allowed dont thieves and robbers still get guns? Or you want the situation where Robbers will hae the guts to write a letter to your community that they are coming on a date, they will keep their appointment, Rob uninterrupted and unchallenged for 5hrs

Like I said this is America and the people have the right to their guns as provisioned by the constitution

A big percentage of Americans live in the rural area where law enforcement is thin and they need to protect themselves

i am a victim/survivor of robberies. i survived a home invasion some five years ago. my first thought when i faced the robbers in my house [one with some sort of home made gun, and the other with a machete, and the first thought on my mind when i faced them was 'if i had a gun'. by some mix of adrenaline, luck , divine intervention etal, i was able to knock the two baggers right over the balcony they came through.

would it have been a different story if i had a gun? maybe. but i also have two kids who get their hands on just about everything.

more to the point, the nigerian police and soldiers are clear pointer to what one can expect from legalizing guns in nigeria. they are a law unto themselves, and the only real thing separating them from nigerians is that they carry firearms. give nigerians guns, and aciddental discharges will multiply. trigger happy nigerians would be using guns as a means of oppressing and settling scores. we get into an argument, we scuffle, next thing you shoot me. i owe you money, you come to my house with a gun.

is it not this same nigeria where people douse ex boyfriends and girlfriends with acid? what do you think would happen if such people had firearms?

armed robbers writing people is about the failure of the nigerian police. if armed robbers susupect you are armed, they will just come prepared. most of those people kidnapped by evans are ibo, and i guarantee you they have guns.

there was even a case last year of some bank big wig who commited suicide. he used a gun. a pistol, which legally, he should not have had.

this is one of my favorite quotes from jurassic park, it sums up the issue with guns

He sank back, coughing.

"You know what's wrong with scientific power?" Malcolm said. "It's a form of inherited wealth. And you know what assholes congenitally rich people are. It never fails."

Hammond said, "What is he talking about?"

Harding made a sign, indicating delirium. Malcolm cocked his eye.

"I will tell you what I am talking about," he said. "Most kinds of power require a substantial sacrifice by whoever wants the power. There is an apprenticeship, a discipline lasting many years. Whatever kind of power you want. President of the company. Black belt in karate. Spiritual guru. Whatever it is you seek, you have to put in the time, the practice, the effort. You must give up a lot to get it. It has to be very important to you. And once you have attained it, it is your power. It can't be given away: it resides in you. It is literally the result of your discipline.

"Now, what is interesting about this process is that, by the time someone has acquired the ability to kill with his bare hands, he has also matured to the point where he won't use it unwisely. So that kind of power has a built-in control. The discipline of getting the power changes you so that you won't abuse it.

"But scientific power is like inherited wealth: attained without discipline. You read what others have done, and you take the next step. You can do it very young. You can make progress very fast. There is no discipline lasting many decades. There is no mastery: old scientists are ignored. There is no humility before nature. There is only a get-rich-quick, make-a-name-for-yourself-fast philosophy. Cheat, lie, falsify-it doesn't matter. Not to you, or to your colleagues. No one will criticize you. No one has any standards. They are all trying to do the same thing: to do something big, and do it fast.

"And because you can stand on the shoulders of giants, you can accomplish something quickly. You don't even know exactly what you have done, but already you have reported it, patented it, and sold it. And the buyer will have even less discipline than you. The buyer simply purchases the power, like any commodity. The buyer doesn't even conceive that any discipline might be necessary."

Hammond said, "Do you know what he is talking about?"

Ellie nodded.

"I haven't a clue," Hammond said.

"I'll make it simple," Malcolm said. "A karate master does not kill people with his bare hands. He does not lose his temper and kill his wife. The person who kills is the person who has no discipline, no restraint, and who has purchased his power in the form of a Saturday night special. And that is the kind of power that science fosters, and permits. And that is why you think that to build a place like this is simple."

guns are simply people with no training, no discipline, no maturity, being handed the power of instant death. death without the messiness of strangling, cutting, just squeezing a trigger.

if the sandy hook guy had a knife instead of a gun, or his bare hands - how far would he have gone? the guy who shot the congressman, how far would he have gone if he had to use his fists?

all guns are doing is fulfilling tough guy fantasies. unfortunately, they have the real power to maim and kill.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
oyb:
i am a victim/survivor of robberies. i survived a home invasion some five years ago. my first thought when i faced the robbers in my house [one with some sort of home made gun, and the other with a machete, and the first thought on my mind when i faced them was 'if i had a gun'. by some mix of adrenaline, luck , divine intervention etal, i was able to knock the two baggers right over the balcony they came through.

would it have been a different story if i had a gun? maybe. but i also have two kids who get their hands on just about everything.

more to the point, the nigerian police and soldiers are clear pointer to what one can expect from legalizing guns in nigeria. they are a law unto themselves, and the only real thing separating them from nigerians is that they carry firearms. give nigerians guns, and aciddental discharges will multiply. trigger happy nigerians would be using guns as a means of oppressing and settling scores. we get into an argument, we scuffle, next thing you shoot me. i owe you money, you come to my house with a gun.

is it not this same nigeria where people douse ex boyfriends and girlfriends with acid? what do you think would happen if such people had firearms?

armed robbers writing people is about the failure of the nigerian police. if armed robbers suspect you are armed, they will just come prepared. most of those people kidnapped by evans are ibo, and i guarantee you they have guns.

there was even a case last year of some bank big wig who commited suicide. he used a gun. a pistol, which legally, he should not have had. .

Good example, The only reason thieves can confidently come into your house and be relaxed and have a field day is because they know you dont have anything to hurt them, If you have a gun, They wont have that effrontery

And regarding kids, there are at least 5-10 items in your house that can kill kids if not used rightly. Car, Electric shock, knife, bleach, soap, etc can kill, Why havent your kids gone there? because you taught them how to respect those items and never abuse them. Why didnt you avoid getting those items because they can kill

Guns bring about mutual respect, when you know your neighbor is probably packing a gun, you will be careful. In America you just dont go barging into peoples houses or properties, you call people and get permission to approach, you just dont trespass you announce your arrival, Because there is a chance of mutually assured destruction

So if Boyfriend kill girlfriend with acid. Should we also ban acid? they run over girlfriend with cars, should we also ban cars? How many things should we ban?

The big wig who killed himself with a gun, Are you saying if he didn't have a gun he wont have killed himself? The doctor who jumped into 3rd mainland nko? What should we do about the ocean? should we drain it so that people wont kill themselves in it. Blaming guns for suicide is like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.

If Robbers come prepared they don't know how many people in the neighborhood are armed. SO you mean an estate of say 40 houses like 25 have guns, How will the letter writing robbers come? Even if they overpower 3, there are still 20 active guns waiting to engage them

this is one of my favorite quotes from jurassic park, it sums up the issue with guns
guns are simply people with no training, no discipline, no maturity, being handed the power of instant death. death without the messiness of strangling, cutting, just squeezing a trigger.
if the sandy hook guy had a knife instead of a gun, or his bare hands - how far would he have gone? the guy who shot the congressman, how far would he have gone if he had to use his fists?
all guns are doing is fulfilling tough guy fantasies. unfortunately, they have the real power to maim and kill

The solution to a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. The Sandy Hook guy assuming there were 5 armed guards in the school do you think he would have his field day doing whatever? To stop him they had to call police, who had to drive do you know how many kids life could have been saved with 6 armed guards

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by diggz: 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

Good example, The only reason thieves can confidently come into your house and be relaxed and have a field day is because they know you dont have anything to hurt them, If you have a gun, They wont have that effrontery

And regarding kids, there are at least 5-10 items in your house that can kill kids if not used rightly. Car, Electric shock, knife, bleach, soap, etc can kill, Why havent your kids gone there? because you taught them how to respect those items and never abuse them. Why didnt you avoid getting those items because they can kill

Guns bring about mutual respect, when you know your neighbor is probably packing a gun, you will be careful. In America you just dont knock on the door you call people, you just dont trespass you announce your arrival, Because there is a chance of mutually assured destruction

So if Boyfriend kill girlfriend with acid. Should we also ban acid? they run over girlfriend with cars, should we also ban cars? How many things should we ban?

The big wig who killed himself with a gun, Are you saying if he didnt have a gun he wont have killed himself? The doctor who jumped into 3rd mainland nko? What should we do about th ocean? should we drain it so that people wont kill themselves in it. Blaming guns for suicide is like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.

If Robbers come prepared they dont know how many people in the neighborhood are armed. SO you mean an estate of say 40 houses like 25 have guns, How will the letter writing robbers come? Even if they overpower 3, there are still 20 active guns waiting to engage them

The solution to a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. The Sandy Hook guy assuming there were 5 armed guards in the school do you think he would have his field day doing whatever? To stop im they had to call police, who had to drive do you know how many kids life could have been saved with 6 armed guards

Though I am not in agreement with your opinion however, I appreciate the way you have passed your perspective on this discourse.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

Guns bring about mutual respect, when you know your neighbor is probably packing a gun, you will be careful. In America you just dont knock on the door you call people, you just dont trespass you announce your arrival, Because there is a chance of mutually assured destruction

The big wig who killed himself with a gun, Are you saying if he didnt have a gun he wont have killed himself? The doctor who jumped into 3rd mainland nko? What should we do about th ocean? should we drain it so that people wont kill themselves in it. Blaming guns for suicide is like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.

If Robbers come prepared they dont know how many people in the neighborhood are armed. SO you mean an estate of say 40 houses like 25 have guns, How will the letter writing robbers come? Even if they overpower 3, there are still 20 active guns waiting to engage them

The solution to a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. The Sandy Hook guy assuming there were 5 armed guards in the school do you think he would have his field day doing whatever? To stop im they had to call police, who had to drive do you know how many kids life could have been saved with 6 armed guards

you have gone full texas.

theives are not coming confidently because i am not armed . they are coming confidently because they know police will not respond to distress calls. theres a story surulere i think of some dude with a pistol who stood his ground against a gang of robbers. he held them off until the police showed, was a hero. but what happened next? the robbers came back two weeks later, specifically for the guy. a friend of mine had the highest fence in the neighborhood, dogs the whole nine yards. theives had been robbing everyone else but him. one day he woke up with them in his bedroom. they told him ' we worked very hard to get in , and you better have something for us'. in the end your guns may deter the small boy criminals - but the hard core ones will still come.

And regarding kids, there are at least 5-10 items in your house that can kill kids if not used rightly. Car, Electric shock, knife, bleach, soap, etc can kill, Why havent your kids gone there? because you taught them how to respect those items and never abuse them. Why didnt you avoid getting those items because they can killor what you are saying to work, every single person will be packing.

1) i would not show my kids my gun in the first place. showing them a gun and telling them to respect it is moth to flame ish.
2) every other thing you mentioned will first injure. every other thing you mentioned is not designed to kill. a gun is not a dangerous tool or household agent that can injure if misused. it is a weapon designed to kill.

this mutually assured desruction sounds like every citizen in america is in some form of cold war with their neighbours. it is paranoiacs who see mutually assured destruction in unannounced visits from neighbours. if everyone has mutual respect due to MAD, that simply means everyone will be in their own little arms race. so if i want to knock on your door i buy body armor and ak. you anticipate that so you buy teflon bullets and ar 15, wash rinse repeat

violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. if the only way i can get the respect of my neighbour is by packing then i and my neighbour have some serious issues

like i said - none of those items is deigned with the sole intention of killing people or animals. a gun is a weapon. it has NO other use.

strange that you are asking for the third world ization of america. armed guards in day care centres? so what your solution is simply armed men EVERYWHERE. in cinemas, eateries, schools , hospitals. thats doesnt look like a democracy. that looks like a nation under siege. that is iraq.

1) you automatically associate having a gun with having the skills and temperament to use it effectively and responsibly. if americans had the temparment to use guns responsibly, the us we would not be having mass shootings like this. you are a nigerian. all that would happen in your neighbourhood of 25 guns is that trigger happy enforcers will be trayvonning innocent passersby.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
oyb:
you have gone full texas.

theives are not coming confidently because i am not armed . they are coming confidently because they know police will not respond to distress calls. theres a story surulere i think of some dude with a pistol who stood his ground against a gang of robbers. he held them off until the police showed, was a hero. but what happened next? the robbers came back two weeks later, specifically for the guy. a friend of mine had the highest fence in the neighborhood, dogs the whole nine yards. theives had been robbing everyone else but him. one day he woke up with them in his bedroom. they told him ' we worked very hard to get in , and you better have something for us'. in the end your guns may deter the small boy criminals - but the hard core ones will still come.

And regarding kids, there are at least 5-10 items in your house that can kill kids if not used rightly. Car, Electric shock, knife, bleach, soap, etc can kill, Why havent your kids gone there? because you taught them how to respect those items and never abuse them. Why didnt you avoid getting those items because they can killor what you are saying to work, every single person will be packing.

1) i would not show my kids my gun in the first place. showing them a gun and telling them to respect it is moth to flame ish.
2) every other thing you mentioned will first injure. every other thing you mentioned is not designed to kill. a gun is not a dangerous tool or household agent that can injure if misused. it is a weapon designed to kill.

this mutually assured desruction sounds like every citizen in america is in some form of cold war with their neighbours. it is paranoiacs who see mutually assured destruction in unannounced visits from neighbours. if everyone has mutual respect due to MAD, that simply means everyone will be in their own little arms race. so if i want to knock on your door i buy body armor and ak. you anticipate that so you buy teflon bullets and ar 15, wash rinse repeat

violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. if the only way i can get the respect of my neighbour is by packing then i and my neighbour have some serious issues

like i said - none of those items is deigned with the sole intention of killing people or animals. a gun is a weapon. it has NO other use.

strange that you are asking for the third world ization of america. armed guards in day care centres? so what your solution is simply armed men EVERYWHERE. in cinemas, eateries, schools , hospitals. thats doesnt look like a democracy. that looks like a nation under siege. that is iraq.

1) you automatically associate having a gun with having the skills and temperament to use it effectively and responsibly. if americans had the temparment to use guns responsibly, the us we would not be having mass shootings like this. you are a nigerian. all that would happen in your neighbourhood of 25 guns is that trigger happy enforcers will be trayvonning innocent passersby.

Texas is a beautiful place. You should live there and meet its wonderful people

Regarding your incident, The thieves came because they knew they wont be challenged either by police or by you, 2 rifles is enough to hold a whole street to ransom. When the security of my house is concerned, there are some people who wont want to wait for police to respond to calls in 10-15mins when the invader has done their worst.

The guy in SUrulere, assuming there were many others in the neighborhood who also have guns, the thieves will stay away. While growing up, I knew areas wher ex-military guys lived and Robbers always avoid those places. Why do you think they avoid those places? The robbers who struck Zenith Bank in Owerri, why did they run away? Because they were faced by good guys with a gun, Not waiting on Policemen to come

A car can kill very well, we have seen people either accidentally or intentionally kill people with cars instantly, electricity can kill instantly. Acid can kill instantly, A gun is a weapon to hunt and a weapon to protect and must be used for those purposes only

Many kids in America start going to hunt with their dads from early in life and they see the gun kill animals and they know to respect it and never touch it.

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent" Sounds like one of those fancy liberal slogans. The reality is in the world there WILL always be violence, there will always be people who want to harm others, When liberals have found a place where no one will seek to hurt others they should let us know.

Yes why not? If you guard things that are not as precious with armed guard why cant we guard our children with it? In cinemas, eateries, schools there are security guards and if they have a gun people there will be safe. Those robbers who went to Zenith Bank in that video, if no one had challenged them what do you think they would have done? Definitely they were not there to share flowers, The staff and customers there that day would be grateful to those good guys with a gun.

Democracy involves freedom and one of the freedom granted Americans is stated in the 2nd Amendment
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
We have no guns in our house and we feel perfectly safe. I do not know one person in the neighborhood who owns a gun. In fact, gun laws re very strict and by comparison we have a lot less people being killed by guns here.

Good luck to you all in the wild wild west. grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
Mindfulness:
We have no guns in our house and we feel perfectly safe. I do not know one person in the neighborhood who owns a gun. In fact, gun laws re very strict and by comparison we have a lot less people being killed by guns here.

They want everyone to have a Gun,But they dont want everybody to have Nuclear Weapon,when i call them hypocrites,them go dey vex...Lol

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

Texas is a beautiful place. You should live there and meet its wonderful people

Regarding your incident, The thieves came because they knew they wont be challenged either by police or by you, 2 rifles is enough to hold a whole street to ransom. When the security of my house is concerned, there are some people who wont want to wait for police to respond to calls in 10-15mins when the invader has done their worst.

The guy in SUrulere, assuming there were many others in the neighborhood who also have guns, the thieves will stay away. While growing up, I knew areas wher ex-military guys lived and Robbers always avoid those places. Why do you think they avoid those places? The robbers who struck Zenith Bank in Owerri, why did they run away? Because they were faced by good guys with a gun, Not waiting on Policemen to come

A car can kill very well, we have seen people either accidentally or intentionally kill people with cars instantly, electricity can kill instantly. Acid can kill instantly, A gun is a weapon to hunt and a weapon to protect and must be used for those purposes only

Many kids in America start going to hunt with their dads from early in life and they see the gun kill animals and they know to respect it and never touch it.

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent" Sounds like one of those fancy liberal slogans. The reality is in the world there WILL always be violence, there will always be people who want to harm others, When liberals have found a place where no one will seek to hurt others they should let us know.

Yes why not? If you guard things that are not as precious with armed guard why cant we guard our children with it? In cinemas, eateries, schools there are security guards and if they have a gun people there will be safe. Those robbers who went to Zenith Bank in that video, if no one had challenged them what do you think they would have done? Definitely they were not there to share flowers, The staff and customers there that day would be grateful to those good guys with a gun.

Democracy involves freedom and one of the freedom granted Americans is stated in the 2nd Amendment

They want everyone to have a Gun,But you dont want everybody to have Nuclear Weapon,when i call you guys hypocrites,una go dey vex...Lol
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
happney65:

They want everyone to have a Gun,But you dont want everybody to have Nuclear Weapon,when i call you guys hypocrites,una go dey vex...Lol

Liberals can get nuclear weapons for everyone if they wanted. No one is stopping you. I have asked you why the Liberals didn't pass the law to ban guns when they had control of the house

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
I don't see very strong/good reasons to own a gun in 2017 when we have so many high tech protections and alarm systems all around for 60 dollars or less per month. I prefer a world where only those in the mil, police, security should have access to gun.
Americans are misusing the privilege to own gun. You argue with wifey or friends, gun. You were fired from work, gun. Not happy with another person or neighbor, gun. You don't like a person, gun. You don't like that politician, gun.
Oh well undecided

Mindfulness:

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
armyofone:
I don't see very strong/good reasons to own a gun in 2017 when we have so many high tech protections and alarm systems all around for 60 dollars or less per month.

That's a strong point.

I prefer a world where only those in the mil, police, security should have access to gun.

In the comment section of the WaPO or NYT (I do not remember exactly) someone wrote that 'an armed (wo)man is a citizen but an unarmed (wo)man a subject' hinting to the underlying conviction that people may have and have had to protect themselves against military rule, despotism and tyranny. I found that pretty convincing too; probably because I have witnessed too many people recently being ready (out of greed or ignorance) to erode the very principles on which our democracies are built and depend on.

Americans are misusing the privilege to own gun. You argue with wifey or friends, gun. You were fired from work, gun. Not happy with another person or neighbor, gun. You don't like a person, gun. You don't like that politician, gun.
Oh well undecided

It is part of their culture. People tend to cling to traditions. It is not always rational but there is also the calculated intention to do business as usual and the lobbies make sure they get lawmakers to consider them in their legislation. Profits, jobs, money. It's a HUGE industry complex.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 16, 2017
Police: Toddler fatally shot 7-year-old cousin in Tennessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Police in Tennessee say a toddler apparently shot a 7-year-old cousin to death at an apartment.

Nashville police said in a news release that Harmony Warfield died at a hospital after being shot Tuesday.

The statement says four other relatives were inside the apartment, including her 29-year-old aunt and other children ages 14, 11 and 2. The children were in the kitchen area when a shot was heard, and the 14-year-old reported the 2-year-old was holding a pistol. Youth Services detectives believe the shooting was accidental.

No charges were immediately filed and it wasn’t known how the toddler got the weapon. The gun wasn’t recovered, and police were seeking a friend of the aunt to determine what he knows about the gun. The statement said the man was outside the apartment, went inside to see what happened and fled the area.

Metropolitan Nashville Police officer Joel Bontrager told The Tennessean (http://tnne.ws/2sD1gMZ ) that calls for young children being shot are rare.

“It’s almost always an accident,” he said. “It’s always avoidable.”

Another aunt, Dumonique Batey, 21, said Harmony was “an angel” and a “sweet, helpful child.”

(...)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police-toddler-fatally-shot-7-year-old-cousin-in-tennessee/2017/06/07/afb07086-4b74-11e7-987c-42ab5745db2e_story.html?utm_term=.924e58f39742
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:32am On Jun 16, 2017
raumdeuter:

Liberals can get nuclear weapons for everyone if they wanted. No one is stopping you. I have asked you why the Liberals didn't pass the law to ban guns when they had control of the house
Lol...he is consulting with Shango in his safe space....perhaps answers would come grin. That's a real legitimate question.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:30am On Jun 16, 2017
White House aides fret over Trump’s Russia probe obsession

The president can't stop talking about the expanding Russia probes, and advisers say they're worried he's making the situation worse.

Donald Trump received three separate assurances from then-FBI Director James Comey that the president was not personally under investigation — but he may now be under investigation because he couldn’t let his obsession go.

The greatest threat to Trump and his presidency, say administration officials and outside advisers, comes from his own conduct and obsessive behavior after he took office. While congressional and FBI investigations may prove Trump or his team broke laws before he took office, his advisers say they’re more worried that the things he’s done since the inauguration may have left him exposed to obstruction of justice or other charges.

Trump, for months, has bristled almost daily about the ongoing probes. He has sometimes, without prompting, injected. “I’m not under investigation” into conversations with associates and allies. He has watched hours of TV coverage every day — sometimes even storing morning news shows on his TiVo to watch in the evening — and complained nonstop.

“You may be the first president in history to go down because you can’t stop inappropriately talking about an investigation that, if you just were quiet, would clear you,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said last weekend.

Just as he has done publicly on Twitter, Trump has told friends and associates that the investigation is a “witch hunt” and that others are out to get him. “It’s basically all he talks about on the phone,” said one adviser who has spoken with Trump and his top aides.

Aides have tried to change the subject, with little luck. Advisers have tried to buck up the president by telling him to be patient, agreeing that it is a “witch hunt” and urging him to just let it play out — and reassuring him, “Eventually, you will be cleared,” in the words of one.

But none of that has changed Trump’s response.

“The frustration he feels is he fully well knows there was no collusion with Russia. And yet, he’s been on the hot seat about it for six months,” said Barry Bennett, a top campaign aide who continues to have ties to the White House. “He’s been told, 'You’re not under investigation,' and yet he still wakes up every day to read he’s under investigation. It’s really hard to be accused of being a traitor and take your lawyer’s advice to shut up and not talk about it.”

Two people close to Trump note that his is an obsessive personality — whether about businessmen who wronged him over the years, his years-long and fruitless quest to prove President Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States, to reporters who have written negative stories about him. One transition official said Trump lashed out at reporters over old stories within a day of winning the election in November.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/15/trump-russia-investigation-obsession-239614
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
raumdeuter:

Ban a constitutional right really?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
CNN is abhorant.

Lies of omission are worse than fake news. They mislead purposefully and then still claim they were not wrong. The deceit is abhorrent.

ab·hor·rent [abˈhôrənt, abˈhärənt] ADJECTIVE: inspiring disgust and loathing; repugnant:

synonyms: detestable · hateful · loathsome · despicable · abominable · execrable · repellent · repugnant · repulsive · revolting · disgusting · distasteful · horrible · horrid · horrifying · awful · heinous · reprehensible · obnoxious · odious · nauseating · offensive · contemptible

I think that word sums it up nicely

Seems like a weird play by CNN here. I would have thought Lefitsts would be outraged at Dems praying as a group; unless it was to some nebulous Lady-Earth spirit chicken-duck thing

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
LordReed:
Ban a constitutional right really?

So what is it liberals want Republicans to do about guns?

Whatever they want Republicans to do about guns, why didnt they do it when they had control of the house, senate and presidency
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
raumdeuter:

So what is it liberals want Republicans to do about guns?

Whatever they want Republicans to do about guns, why didnt they do it when they had control of the house, senate and presidency

This is what I mean when I say that everyone feels entitled to discuss politics even though they lack the basics.

Article Five of the United States Constitution describes the process whereby the Constitution, the nation's frame of government, may be altered. Altering the Constitution consists of proposing an amendment or amendments and subsequent ratification. Amendments may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a convention of states called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures.[1] To become part of the Constitution, an amendment must be ratified by either—as determined by Congress—the legislatures of three-quarters of the states or state ratifying conventions in three-quarters of the states.[2] The vote of each state (to either ratify or reject a proposed amendment) carries equal weight, regardless of a state's population or length of time in the Union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Five_of_the_United_States_Constitution
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
KratosCorp:
CNN is abhorant.

Says the one who bullied every divorcee and single parent on family section but came here to defend an adulterer like Trump. grin

We love CNN. You have FoxNews. Go and watch it and stop whining like the Fake President. grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
You are a textbook validation of the fact that the contemporary liberalism is a chronic mental disease.

Mindfulness:

Says the one who bullied every divorcee and single parent on family section but came here to defend an adulterer like Trump. grin

We love CNN. You have FoxNews. Go and watch it and stop whining like the Fake President. grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
KratosCorp:
You are a textbook validation of the fact that the contemporary liberalism is a chronic mental disease.

Says the one who was preaching the Bible for ten years on NL and ended up posing in his undies. grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
grin grin grin

Mindfulness:

Says the one who was preaching the Bible for ten years on NL and ended up posing in his undies. grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
KratosCorp:
grin grin grin

So how comes someone like you who has been an anti-divorce warrior embraces Trump who is married for the third time.
Are you schizophrenic? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by AHCB: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
Mindfulness:

Good lord...

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
AHCB:
Good lord...

grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.