Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (655610 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2017
ValerianSteel, Are you still for minimum wage increase? Looks like it failed in Seattle

In January 2016, Seattle’s minimum wage jumped from $11 an hour to $13 for large employers, the second big increase in less than a year. New research released Monday by a team of economists at the University of Washington suggests the wage hike may have come at a significant cost: The increase led to steep declines in employment for low-wage workers, and a drop in hours for those who kept their jobs. Crucially, the negative impact of lost jobs and hours more than offset the benefits of higher wages

Monday’s report looks at the impact of the second wage increase under the law: the January 2016 hike to $13 an hour for large employers. This time, the findings look very different: Compared to a counterfactual in which Seattle didn’t raise its minimum wage, the number of hours worked by low-wage workers (those earning less than $19 an hour) fell by 9.4 percent over the first nine months of 2016, and the number of low-wage jobs fell by 6.8 percent. Cumulatively, those add up to the losses of 5,000 jobs and 3.5 million hours of work. The average low-wage employee, they found, saw his or her monthly paycheck shrink by $125, or 6.6 percent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2017
LordReed:

Most liberals? On which planet? LoL.

It is already established that the Russians didn't want Clinton as President, it doesn't take any great leap of imagination to suspect that the opposition was favoured instead.

Almost every other country did not want Trump as president should we now investigate them for possible collusion?

This is pathetic.

Van Jones called it a nothing burger in secret the same day he spent 30minutes talking about it on CNN.

You guys will be so disappointed when Mueller comes up with nothing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 9:07am On Jun 29, 2017
Missy89:
ValerianSteel, Are you still for minimum wage increase? Looks like it failed in Seattle

In January 2016, Seattle’s minimum wage jumped from $11 an hour to $13 for large employers, the second big increase in less than a year. New research released Monday by a team of economists at the University of Washington suggests the wage hike may have come at a significant cost: The increase led to steep declines in employment for low-wage workers, and a drop in hours for those who kept their jobs. Crucially, the negative impact of lost jobs and hours more than offset the benefits of higher wages

Monday’s report looks at the impact of the second wage increase under the law: the January 2016 hike to $13 an hour for large employers. This time, the findings look very different: Compared to a counterfactual in which Seattle didn’t raise its minimum wage, the number of hours worked by low-wage workers (those earning less than $19 an hour) fell by 9.4 percent over the first nine months of 2016, and the number of low-wage jobs fell by 6.8 percent. Cumulatively, those add up to the losses of 5,000 jobs and 3.5 million hours of work. The average low-wage employee, they found, saw his or her monthly paycheck shrink by $125, or 6.6 percent.

Liberal policies are always shiny and attractive from start but destroys the economy on the long run.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2017
stanech:

Almost every other country did not want Trump as president should we now investigate them for possible collusion?

This is pathetic.

Van Jones called it a nothing burger in secret the same day he spent 30minutes talking about it on CNN.

Lol

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2017
obixcel:
Lol

These leftists are something else oo.. Even CNN staffs they tell them say no collusion but them no wan listen at all

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
stanech:

These leftists are something else oo.. Even CNN staffs they tell them say no collusion but them no wan listen at all

Do you not understand? CNN is still in business because if these ediots. All CNN has to do is tell them what they want to hear and ratings go sky high. If Van Jones can open his mouth and say there is nothing there, who are these ones here to counter?

People like Van Jones are the ones who create the narrative they come to spread here, and the source is saying "nothing to see here", but they cannot move on because they'll look like ediots.

Leave them. They won't admit to you or on here, but deep down they know the truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Do you not understand? CNN is still in business because if these ediots. All CNN has to do is tell them what they want to hear and ratings go sky high. If Van Jones can open his mouth and say there is nothing there, who are these ones here to counter?

People like Van Jones are the ones who create the narrative they come to spread here, and the source is saying "nothing to see here", but they cannot move on because they'll look like ediots.

Leave them. They won't admit to you or on here, but deep down they know the truth.

I am just trying to see if I can save Insulter in Chief from the pack that kid has so much potential.. He is just being brainwashed

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
When I tell you guys that you don't know jack about the way things work in America, you think I am insulting you. No one with an ounce of brain will post the junk you posted. Republican administrations are noted for destroying American economy while Democrats always clean up after their Trickle Down Economics. We knew of the mess George W left and Obama cleaned up after him. I wouldn't expect you to know that since you are JJC to American affairs. At least be truthful once before spouting your garbage here. Tell me your contribution to American economy from your hideout several thousands of miles away. You guys are shamelessly ignorant of the way things work in US.

Really? Yet the economy keeps getting better under Trump
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Mr Stench, American expert on minimum wage. Kudos to you on everything American from your village. Never seen a trouble soul like you in my life. Your parents must be glad of your stupidity.

Insulter calm down and stick to the issue na
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
@ Team I Phone. Happy 10th anniversary to the First I phone.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
stanech:

I am just trying to see if I can save Insulter in Chief from the pack that kid has so much potential.. He is just being brainwashed
You are felicitating with your Oshodi garage tout. Association of Never do Well.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
schwarzkopf:

Your foolishness in water droplets will drown the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans combined. An Alex Jones or Fox news inspired idiot holding a torch at CNN laughable. There's nothing in the Russiangate yet your Lord have to fire Flynn and Comey with various reasons from different white house spokespersons for the sacking and making sessions recuse. There is nothing yet a RICO has been issued for trump and Kushner, did fools like you know that the operations of alpha bank in the trump tower is been monitored by the New guy. Trump ain't scared and he's so trying to lay the russiangate blames on Obama. Y'all are a kind of dumb out of this world, if truly survive is by the fittest the zygote that form losers like you should have been terminated at inception.

Bad news for y'all iddioots Manafort and Flynn would soon be singing, the new guy is tying the noose around there neck.

...and now Trump's team are trying to approach SP Mueller's former chief of staff....
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/28/trump-mueller-levin-legal-240063

President Donald Trump’s lawyers approached Daniel Levin, a former chief of staff to special counsel Robert Mueller, to join the president’s personal legal team amid the growing probe into his campaign’s potential ties with Russia.

Levin, a Washington lawyer who worked for Mueller at the FBI, has spoken to members of Trump’s defense team on several occasions but has not officially signed on, according to people familiar with the talks. Whether he will sign on “remains up in the air,” one person said.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You are felicitating with your Oshodi garage tout. Association of Never do Well.

And that is the insulter in chief,

Common buddy lets hug it out. It will be ok buddy grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Tell me one significant thing that trump did or the Congress passed to boost the economy ?. You are full of crap stench. Obviously, you don't know how economy works in US. Faux News is damaging your brain with their propaganda garbage.

But you said the economy was going to crash under Trump, there is going to be war, America will loose their allies and Muslims and other minority rights will be reversed.. It seems none of that is happening yet.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
stanech:

Lucas is incapable of critical thinking. Give him facts and it's impossible for him to arrive at a logical conclusion. He's hopeless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
stanech:

This is pathetic.

No other country actively interfered so that's a moot argument.

No I won't be disappointed because my expectations are realistic, I'm not as emotional invested as you and others are.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
LordReed:

No I won't be disappointed because my expectations are realistic, I'm not as emotional invested as you and others are.

Yea and your buddy Barak asked them to knock it off.. Look if there is something in this Russian story it would have been out there for all to see. no doubt that they went too far but there is nothing out there that suggest there is collusion between Trump and Russia.

BTW Russia did not affect the outcome of the election one bit

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
stanech:

But you said the economy was going to crash under Trump, there is going to be war, America will loose their allies and Muslims and other minority rights will be reversed.. It seems none of that is happening yet.
A lot of republicans are against his proposed budget with his Trickle Down Junk. Budget for the Uber rich against the Middle Class. By the way, I see that you failed to answer my question about the Significant Law passed by the republican dominated Congress or Trump budget proposal. Stop making a fool of yourself. What you are barking about ignorantly is what some people are living through.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2017
LordReed:

Stench is emotionally invested and the worst part of it is that he has no clue of the way things work here except the garbage he's been forced to swallow by people that hates guys that looks like him. Sometimes, I do feel sorry for him.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

Just like most libtards.

He will soon jump on another buzzword he hears from the news again and tell his "servile dogs" the effect of "triple down economics" and "lawyering up"

His mental process is the stuff of research legend. I gave up reasoning with him eons ago. There really is no point discussing with him. Once CNN gives him the agenda of the hour he gone. Na go he dey hear, he no dey hear come. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.