Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (652615 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by jaybee3(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
CFCman:

You Georgians get an early start. Here, in CA, my county will start mailing out absentee ballots as from October 11.

I'm also excited to vote on a California Proposition that seeks to repeal the death penalty.

Your first voting experience ba?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
jaybee3:

Your first voting experience ba?
Nah, it's my 2nd time of voting. I first voted in 2012. And I also voted in the June primary.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by jaybee3(m): 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2016
CFCman:

Nah, it's my 2nd time of voting. I first voted in 2012. And I also voted in the June primary.

Choi ... Meaning you don reach puberty already...
I need to buy you beer oooo tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
Missy89:

Only a simpleton will even mention online polls that is opened to everybody in the world and not exclusive to the American voters.
I can understand the guy supporting his guy but to be making that kind of junk factual is baffling. When you tell them that they know nothing about America , they get angry at you, like you rightly said, the online poll is open to every one on Internet. It's very scary the kind of things this guys pass around and their ilks just gobble it up like the Putin heads gobbling up any junk from their semi dictator.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
jaybee3:

Choi ... Meaning you don reach puberty already...
I need to buy you beer oooo tongue tongue tongue tongue
Haha
I'd prefer orijin cheesy
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Online poll is garbage. It's the scientific polls that counts and that's where Hillary worn by 67 points. People like you who never set your foot on an American soul can vote online but scientific poll is polling American registered voters by their races, political parties and regions of the country they reside. That's why they call it Scientific polls. I don't the brainless people who believe in the garbage you are spitting out. Use your data money on something more productive to your well being.

Yea are u talking about the CNN polls that polled more democrats than republicans? I thought clinton did well but not at the rate the media is making it look. Trump had his moments tooo. I have watched the debate and PS the mod was bias a little

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
stanech:

Yea are u talking about the CNN polls that polled more democrats than republicans? I thought clinton did well but not at the rate the media is making it look. Trump had his moments tooo. I have watched the debate and PS the mod was bias a little

The polling sample was 46 percent democrat and she won with 62 percent meaning more independents and republicans in the sample believed she won.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are too young to give yourself a heart failure. Tramp don't give a fu'k about you. The remote you are talking about is worn by both candidates under their clothing. When I say you and your ilks have absolutely no knowledge of happenings here, you are just confirming it. What makes you think Tramp camp won't make a big deal about it. If you are being interviewed by reporters here, that's the first thing they fix at your back or your pocket. Stop this silliness before you lose your remaining marbles.

Lucas take it easy now Hillary doesn't care about you either we are only comenting on issues not fighting overthe same girl. She only won the debate scientifically but Trump is winning with the people.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Missy89:

The polling sample was 46 percent democrat and she won with 62 percent meaning more independents and republicans in the sample believed she won.

That's not true dear. Not true how many republicans were polled?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
CFCman:

You Georgians get an early start. Here, in CA, my county will start mailing out absentee ballots as from October 11.

I'm also excited to vote on a California Proposition that seeks to repeal the death penalty.
I'm Floridian cool and early voting starts here in fourteen days.Hillary is pushing hard to get lots of absentee voters registered for mail in ballots,most especially out of state college students.I feel confident she'll win here cause of the Hispanic population,almost every Latino I know is voting blue.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
Missy89,you seen this.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37495067

Seems Russia has some questions to answer after all.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
CFCman:

Haha
I'd prefer orijin cheesy

So next time I'm in Coronado beach I can buy you beer and a lap dance? Would you go to Cheaters? Its close to UCSD La Jolla campus

Or you prefer the Del mar horse racing?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Online poll is garbage. It's the scientific polls that counts and that's where Hillary worn by 67 points. People like you who never set your foot on an American soul can vote online but scientific poll is polling American registered voters by their races, political parties and regions of the country they reside. That's why they call it Scientific polls. I don't the brainless people who believe in the garbage you are spitting out. Use your data money on something more productive to your well being.

With the rate of media bias against Trump I will take the online polls over the stupid scientific poll anyday. I do not believe the polls from the MSM even the ones that have Trump leading.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I'm Floridian cool and early voting starts here in fourteen days.Hillary is pushing hard to get lots of absentee voters registered for mail in ballots,most especially out of state college students.I feel confident she'll win here cause of the Hispanic population,almost every Latino I know is voting blue.

Trump has floriida on lockdown don't go there.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

So next time I'm in Coronado beach I can buy you beer and a lap dance? Would you go to Cheaters? Its close to UCSD La Jolla campus
For sure, oga. You would also get a lapdance cheesy
Never heard of Cheaters, but I'll check it out.
Have you been to Hooters? Their food sucks, it's just their scantily-clad ladies that are the main attraction.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
After his performance in the first presidential debate, Donald Trump has widened his lead over rival Hillary Clinton nationwide – according to a USC Dornsife/L.A. Times poll.

As of yesterday, Sept. 27, Trump leads Clinton 46.7% to 42.6%.

It’s time for grandma to panic.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
stanech:

Trump has floriida on lockdown don't go there.
Lol grin grin grin

We have 57 campaign offices here,Trump has just one.A record number of Puerto Ricans have moved to Miami,they trend Democrat.Trump can't win Florida without Hispanic votes,for unknown reason,the polls show they are statistically tied here.Election day,I wouldn't cast my bet on Trump winning Florida.

I don't need to remind you that 'yuge' rallies don'g equal 'yuge votes'.Ask Sanders,he lost Florida by half a million popular votes.His 'yuge' rallies of 100,000 had no effect in the votes he got.

You can stay positive but don't cast your hope on it happening cause we have a legion of volunteers here actively campaigning to get out every vote.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
stanech:
After his performance in the first presidential debate, Donald Trump has widened his lead over rival Hillary Clinton nationwide – according to a USC Dornsife/L.A. Times poll.

As of yesterday, Sept. 27, Trump leads Clinton 46.7% to 42.6%.

It’s time for grandma to panic.
Calm your ass down Stanech.These are the general polls.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Ok. My bad

Early voting is so convenient sha. I mean, you can cast your vote two weeks before Election Day and go on vacation on the week of the election. I predict 40% of votes would be from early ballots.

But something has to be done about turnout on Election Day (and early voting). Only 57% of eligible voters voted in the last presidential election. That's a low turnout for a democratic republic like the US.

I suspect the relatively low turnout has something to do with the outdated electoral college. As 48 states award all their electors to the winner of the election in their state, there is little incentive for, say, a New York or California Republican to vote; likewise an Oklahoma Democrat.

Alternatively, the constitutionally-mandated Tuesday Election Day may be another reason. How many people around the world, let alone the US would be enthusiastic to vote on a week day?

Australia has a 94% voter turnout because voting is mandatory in that country. The people who don't vote are liable to pay a fine. Should voting in the US be mandatory?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
stanech:

That's not true dear. Not true how many republicans were polled?

Over 30 percent

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by SlaughterGang: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
REPUBLICANS where y'all at cool
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
stanech:

Lucas take it easy now Hillary doesn't care about you either we are only comenting on issues not fighting overthe same girl. She only won the debate scientifically but Trump is winning with the people.
Your post is very idiotic as usual. I grew up here and have all my family here and you are telling me that garbage . Normally I don't like to answer your gibberish but this your nonsense is getting appalling. Have you ever lived here or are you anyway remotely connected to the happenings here. I am a good citizen and I know how much my wife and I pay yearly to IRS in taxes unlike the tax dodging scam artist you supporting. By virtue of spending my life here, I have a skin in the game unlike you that doesn't care about your country. I support Hillary because I believe she's more qualified than a racist. No matter the winner, I will still be here involving in politics both local, state and national. The only thing you do is spend your meager resources on America that doesn't benefit you in Edo or wherever you reside.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
CFCman:

Ok. My bad

Early voting is so convenient sha. I mean, you can cast your vote two weeks before Election Day and go on vacation on the week of the election. I predict 40% of votes would be from early ballots.

But something has to be done about turnout on Election Day (and early voting). Only 57% of eligible voters voted in the last presidential election. That's a low turnout for a democratic republic like the US.

I suspect the relatively low turnout has something to do with the outdated electoral college. As 48 states award all their electors to the winner of the election in their state, there is little incentive for, say, a New York or California Republican to vote; likewise an Oklahoma Democrat.

Alternatively, the constitutionally-mandated Tuesday Election Day may be another reason. How many people around the world, let alone the US would be enthusiastic to vote on a week day?

Australia has a 94% voter turnout because voting is mandatory in that country. The people who don't vote are liable to pay a fine. Should voting in the US be mandatory?
Electotal College system makes politically inactive citizens draw conclusions on the outcome of the race.It's quite easy to determine who wins the election so people who usually have no interest in politics decide to leave voting to those who have keen interest in politics.They make Election Day the 'not my business what happens' day so they opt out of election while maybe rooting for a candidate but they refuse to participate in the election.

I think Election Day should be national holiday.If we are encouraging people to be active in choosing who governs them while we have elections on a Tuesday when most people don't get to luxury to go queue up to vote for hours.That's disenfranchising.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
CFCman:

For sure, oga. You would also get a lapdance cheesy
See wetin lap dance dey do you, CFC undecided
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
Did you cut relations with anyone during this election cycle?

Polls show 7% of Americans have undecided

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/poll-2016-election-broken-friendships-228846
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hillary better be preparing and do very well in the next debate because the gloves are off. Trump and his Camp are upset and it will be a rude and cloudy night.
Bengazi, husband scandals and her reaction to those scandals/the women involved are all going to be raised.
He will refocus and attack HRC. It will be her turn to hydrate grin.
I can see Truck loaded with Aquafina and Dasani from my backyard.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
The Senate has overridden Obama's veto on the 9/11 bill that would enable victims and relatives of those who died that day to sue the Saudi government.

Let's see what the House of Reps does
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Your post is very idiotic as usual. I grew up here and have all my family here and you are telling me that garbage . Normally I don't like to answer your gibberish but this your nonsense is getting appalling. Have you ever lived here or are you anyway remotely connected to the happenings here. I am a good citizen and I know how much my wife and I pay yearly to IRS in taxes unlike the tax dodging scam artist you supporting. By virtue of spending my life here, I have a skin in the game unlike you that doesn't care about your country. I support Hillary because I believe she's more qualified than a racist. No matter the winner, I will still be here involving in politics both local, state and national. The only thing you do is spend your meager resources on America that doesn't benefit you in Edo or wherever you reside.

One word. INSANITY.

U are Just a Kid Lucas. People like you shouldn't pro-create @ all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
Missy89:

Over 30 percent

Over 30 so you have the exact number of democrats polled but do not have that of the republicans and you call that scientific? 47percent to over 30percent scientific? Why isn't she winning the online polls then?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Lol grin grin grin

We have 57 campaign offices here,Trump has just one.A record number of Puerto Ricans have moved to Miami,they trend Democrat.Trump can't win Florida without Hispanic votes,for unknown reason,the polls show they are statistically tied here.Election day,I wouldn't cast my bet on Trump winning Florida.

I don't need to remind you that 'yuge' rallies don'g equal 'yuge votes'.Ask Sanders,he lost Florida by half a million popular votes.His 'yuge' rallies of 100,000 had no effect in the votes he got.

You can stay positive but don't cast your hope on it happening cause we have a legion of volunteers here actively campaigning to get out every vote.

Actually sanders lost to the rigging machine of the DNC . Trust me Trump will shock you all. Americans are not stupid.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
stanech:

One word. INSANITY.

U are Just a Kid Lucas. People like you shouldn't pro-create @ all
Gbam! grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
stanech:

Over 30 so you have the exact number of democrats polled but do not have that of the republicans and you call that scientific? 47percent to over 30percent scientific? Why isn't she winning the online polls then?

Lol. Cnn gave the number cant remember. It was 46 democrats and 30 plus republican and he had about 27 percent meaning he even underperform his base. Online polls is meaningless because anybody with internet connection can vote even if they are not a registered voters and most of them were rigged by Trump supporters with multiple voting. There was a message board on 4chan about how to vote multiple times.

Remember, Bernie Sanders won a lot of online debate polls too. The market surged, bookmakers increased her odds of wining in November and almost every focus group gave her a landslide. Those are the most important indicators to look out for. But you can keep decieving yourself too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.