Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? (1484 Views)

10 Reasons Why Long Courtship Should Be Avoided By Ladies. / Long Courtship Is Bad Business By Funke Egbemode / Long Courtship, Good Or Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by dein77(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Courtship is a period during which an intending couple try to know each other. It's a very crucial period in the relationship between the two.

How does the duration of a courtship impact a couple's marriage?

Does longer courtship periods automatically translate into successful marriages?

If not, can a couple get married a few weeks after meeting?
Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by Zico5(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
It is never advisable to engage in long courtship. The probability of leading to marriage is 10 percent. Experience made us to know that, affection wane as time move on. The best is to keep it as short as possible and if you know you re not ready, better stay out of it. None of my friend then married their partner, myself inclusive. We only enjoyed it as it last. Women are always the victims of long courtship.
Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
dein77:
Courtship is a period during which an intending couple try to know each other. It's a very crucial period in the relationship between the two.

How does the duration of a courtship impact a couple's marriage?

Does longer courtship periods automatically translate into successful marriages?

If not, can a couple get married a few weeks after meeting?
hell to the no...i knw of some guys dat were in courtship for years but their marriage didnt last for two months
Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by iceberylin(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Long courtship..

The punny will only get BOring undecided
Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by MrFlexible(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Big question ooo.. Chairman, for me, it doesn't o.. Just like usefulness or relevance of a friend in your life is not measured by how long you have been friends rather it is a function of what has happened during the time of friendship.
Same applies to courtship graduating into marriage...within a few weeks of friendship( courtship, I prefer to call it friendship) you could see and experience a lot and eventually making that decision of doing the needfull

1 Like

Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by Mprex(f): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Any courtship that exceeds 6 months to a year @ most is a no no for me
Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by 1one: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
I used to be a proponent of long courting... There was a time I deemed 4years to be the minimum number of years to court my would be wife, but very recently I began to think against it... and it's not just that I've gotten older it's also because I've gotten to know a number of people in the past 1year and their presence in my life have been impactful... By attentive observation and quality time spent with them both ofline and online I've gotten to know so much about them.. So in essence if courting for a long period is to determine the texture of someone's character, or to see how much value they can add to your life and vice versa, to see if you're compatible in many more areas than not - I don't think you need a lengthy number of years to answer those questions... You meet some people for a day and they literally change your whole life either for good or otherwise.... I personally don't need to know a girl for long before I can sense if we are meant for each other or not.... My threshold is 1month... and that's why no girl can claim 1one has been leading her on.... Because within 1month I'd know whether to pursue or draw back.

That said, long courtship is an unavoidable happenstance for some people especially those involved in long distance relationship but if it can be helped I don't think anybody should court for beyond 2years....especially if you're a no-sex adherent, it just saves you the prolonged torture of seeing fresh mango that you can not lickgrin

1 Like

Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by radiant3(f): 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
Longer courtship periods does nt automatically translate to successful marriages,if care is nt taken,longer courtship periods could automatically translate to successful break up or unsuccessful marriages...

1 Like

Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by dein77(m): 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
radiant3:
Longer courtship periods does nt automatically translate to successful marriages,if care is nt taken,longer courtship periods could automatically translate to successful break up or unsuccessful marriages...

I believe the same thing.
Re: Does A Long Courtship Guarantee A Successful Marriage? by tayoxx(m): 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
no

(1) (Reply)

Gift For My Graduating Girlfriend / 10 Things You Never Knew About Men / Association Of Romancelandrs Of Nigerian Congratulate Buhari!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.