Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion (3571 Views)

God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / Sharing Christian Conversion Lessons: "True life stories" / Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
true2god:
Dont mind Abuaman, he is an al-taqiyya artist.

Sunnis do not practice taqiyya. Lying is prohibited in Islam even in worldly affairs, how much more lying about our Creator and His Laws.

I am just tired of answering the same set of questions worded in ten different ways.
Re: Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion by true2god: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Abuamam:

Sunnis do not practice taqiyya. Lying is prohibited in Islam even in worldly affairs, how much more lying about our Creator and His Laws.

I am just tired of answering the same set of questions worded in ten different ways.
Do you accept hadith as a good source of Islamic doctrines If you do, i will give you some hadith where taqiyya is sanctioned in Islam.

It is not news that in saudi arabia, you will be arrested if a bible is found in your hoouse. You will be arrested, even if you hold a private christian prayer without the neighbours being aware. In saudi arabia, one can be executed for leaving Islam (after being given the opportunity to 'repent').

So Abuamam, stop 'al-taquyying'. There is no religios freedom in islamic countries, as we have it in europe and america.

No pakistani muslim, tunisian muslim, morrocan, somali, sudanese, Iranian, Iraqi, sudaneses, Indonesian (or any islamic nation muslims) that can seek citizenship in another muslim country. All muslims will always seek american or european citizenship (the land of the 'infidel' christians). Why?? Muslim nations are too harsh for normal human beings to stay. They constantly live in fear and their women cannot persue academic or professional career.

1 Like

Re: Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
true2god:
Do you accept hadith as a good source of Islamic doctrines If you do, i will give you some hadith where taqiyya is sanctioned in Islam.

It is not news that in saudi arabia, you will be arrested if a bible is found in your hoouse. You will be arrested, even if you hold a private christian prayer without the neighbours being aware. In saudi arabia, one can be executed for leaving Islam (after being given the opportunity to 'repent').

So Abuamam, stop 'al-taquyying'. There is no religios freedom in islamic countries, as we have it in europe and america.

No pakistani muslim, tunisian muslim, morrocan, somali, sudanese, Iranian, Iraqi, sudaneses, Indonesian (or any islamic nation muslims) that can seek citizenship in another muslim country. All muslims will always seek american or european citizenship (the land of the 'infidel' christians). Why?? Muslim nations are too harsh for normal human beings to stay. They constantly live in fear and their women cannot persue academic or professional career.

Ok. Waiting for your hadith. I maintain that lying is prohibited in Islam under any normal condition. Of course, if a kidnapper asks for your child, you are not expected to tell him that your child is hiding under the bed. That is stupidity. Neither are you expected to tell your enemy that he is heading towards an ambush. However those are abnormal situations (unlike Nairaland debating), and even then, lies are to be a last resort. As the prophet (saw) said;

"truth leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to paradise, while falsehood leads to evildoing and evildoing leads to hellfire. and some of you will keep telling the truth until you are written down (with Allah) as a truthful person, and some of you will keep lying until you are written down as a liar."

Yes to your second point, as I already pointed out in the Q&A grilling I got from dolphinheart. However, (and I repeat for the umpteenth time), the authorities will not barge into private homes searching for Bibles etc. They get information or a tip-off and go there. The tip-off is usually from an invitee, or how else would the person have known that a meeting or bible was there?

I never said there were 'religious freedoms' whatever that means. All countries have laws that restrict activities that threaten national cohesion. Islam is not just a religion, it is also a constitution. So any activity that go against the constitution is illegal. Christian Paul Biya shut down many pentecostal churches in Cameroun for reasons of public safety. Saudi believes prevention is better than cure. What is the problem here?

That 'religious freedom' that you boast of in europe and america prohibits muslim women from wearing niqab; or even hijab in some countries... making it illegal. Muslims are discriminated against, put on no-fly lists, and leading politicians like Geert Wilders, Marine le Pen (just a few examples) openly call for mosque closures. Germany is looking to force an official 'translation' of the Qur'an. Note here that I am not arguing whether they are right or wrong... that is a matter of subjective opinion. I am merely pointing out that every nation has laws that prohibit what it percieves to be wrong, and all nations restrict minority religions in some way.

The greed of the colonialists destroyed the conquered nations and they built empires from their stolen resources and the sweat of their subjects. What would the rich european nations have been like today if they had not colonised other countries? Even today, they impose puppet leaders on less developed nations to continue stealing their resources and keep those nations poor. Obviously they should expect immigrants.

Let me ask you; how many Saudis seek european citizen status? Or emiratis or kuwaitis. Or Libyans before 'freedom' was foisted on them; or Iraqis or Syrians for that matter. Destroy my country, expect to host my refugees. That is justice.

As for muslims not educating their women...that is the popular propaganda, and an oft repeated lie. A muslim woman is encouraged to go into academics or a career, as long as her modesty is maintained and she is totally protected from sexual harassment and abuse, because muslims do not take fornication lightly as others do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. / An Atheist On Judgment Day / Do We Have An Atheist Moderator Or My Eyes Deceive Me? (with Poll)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.