Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon (26766 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Boko Haram: America Not Nigeria’s Friend, Says Gowon / Boko Haram: America Is Nigeria's Greatest Enemy Says Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
emmanuel4758:
nansense you never hear say usa stop isreal from selling arm to Nigeria at the dying minute ehh don't you hear America stop Belgium also don't you hear USA stop France also but Russia weapon are too costly and China weapon no too strong like that.
u tink china weapons b lik some of der fones,infact china even produce some fones dats better dan nokia.find out urself
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by BlackTechnology: 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
YourCoffin:
What do you expect when Nigerian government signed anti-gay bill into law. Ostracizing and persecuting the gays equally translates to alienating the US's government's help in any national problem. If they're bold enough to sign such bills while negelecting the real problem bedevilling the country, they should be bold enough to fight their own wars on their own.

Gbam

That's why it is shameful that we are begging US for weapons instead of developing ours
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
dein77:
Can't we build ours? Just asking.
as an engineering,making weapons wil b my goal to make nigeria proud,am going to specialize on dat

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by juman(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Nigeria can't just start producing weapons because they don't have the technical know how. U first need to understand ballistics before u can think of the design for a weapon. India has technical know how in terms of IT that's why u see them in most telecom coy's in nigeria. U dat u complaining dat nigeria can't produce its own weapons, if dey take u to school to study ballistics I doubt if u'll pass.

I don't think you live in nigeria.

In nigeria there are many many young guys that are capable of studying just anything.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by musicwriter(m): 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Africa will continue to be poor and will continue to depend on the west for technology need until we embrace science.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by zubby29(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
and if obama decides to visit Nigeria,jonaTan nd co including gowon will go nd welcome him with red carpet and all dat shit
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Glamrock(f): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Please build your own. Africans will NEVER get weaponry from the US. You can forget that . They want the power. Africans are intelligent so do the math!
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by juman(m): 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
musicwriter:
Africa will continue to be poor and will continue to depend on the west for technology need until we embrace science.

Until we embrace responsible leadership. Leadership that are committed, determined and deliver and take the country to the path of greatness.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by BlackTechnology: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
juman:

I don't think you live in nigeria.

In nigeria there are many many young guys that are capable of studying just anything.

From his moniker you will know that guys like him spent more time chasing women than reading their books
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by juman(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hadone:
WE'RE ALWAYS GOOD AT POINTING ACCUSATION FINGERS TO THE USA. THEY'RE ONLY AFRAID OF INDIRECTLY SELLING THE ARMS TO THE BOKOHARAM IN THE NAME OF NIGERIA. YOU ALL SEE WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. MY FRIEND IN YOLA WAS TELLING ME HOW THE MASSES ASSEMBLED IN STREETS OF YOLA MONTHS BACK CLAPPING WITH FULL HOPE FOR SOLDIERS AS THEY CONVEY HEAVY LOADS OF ARMS TO MUBI MEANT FOR FIGHTING INSURGENTS. HE CALLED ME AND SAY 'I ASSURE U BH WILL BE HISTORY IN ONE WEEK' BUT GUESS WHAT? SAME GUY CALLED BACK AFTER EXACTLY A WEEK CRYING AND TELLING ME THAT BH HAS CAPTURED MUBI, & THAT SOLDIERS WERE ARRIVING YOLA BARE FOOTED WITH SHORTNICKERS AS THEY ALL THREW THEIR UNIFORMS. I ASKED HIM ABOUT THE HEAVY WEAPONS TAKEN THEIR AND HE BURSTED INTO TEARS AGAIN TELLING ME THAT THEY ARE IN THE HANDS OF BOKOHARAM AS EVEN THE BARRACKS WHERE THEY WERE KEPT IS UNDER BH CONTROL. WHOSE NEGLIGENCE, AMERICA?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We are in trouble in this country.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by BlackTechnology: 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Olazy239:
as an engineering,making weapons wil b my goal to make nigeria proud,am going to specialize on dat

Gbam

That's the spirit

No mind Gowon wey waste his opportunity.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by musicwriter(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
juman:

Until we embrace responsible leadership. Leadership that are committed, determined and deliver and take the country to the path of greatness.

A society gets the type of leadership it deserves.

Science is a world of it's own. Have nothing to do with good government. You may not understand this though.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Greyworld: 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Crocz:

I pity your soul...advocating for a lost course you may never live to see...Ojukwu tried, he failed..you know why?..not because he didn't have the resources like people were lead to belief, he had more than the Nigerian government...his army were stronger (with juju too) but he failed. And again he would have failed had he tried even with Hitler size army.

"This marriage was made in heaven and God stamp the pact"

Either we make it work or we all perish!

Snce wen did d GREEDY Britsh become God? Since 1914 d iimpoverished entity called Nigeria hasn't knwn progress and yu speak of God stamping it...... Ma friend I also pity yur soul.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by YourCoffin: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Gbam

That's why it is shameful that we are begging US for weapons instead of developing ours

They won't develop ours when there're lots and lots of anti-gay bills, pro-child marriage bills, abolision of the 13percent derivative bill, creation of Christain court for Christain laws bill, biannual signing of MOUs for power generation, etc to execute. Nah. They won't develop ours. Not even in the nearest future.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by sammyj: 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
And what happen or stops the DSS from gathering intel to stop BH activities, why depend on the CIA to make this happen? We always leave in self denial and expect America to assist us use his own resources to combat the monster we created with our corrupt incompetent Government lapses. Shame to the Government of Nigeria for not doing the needful and waiting for America to help us!!!! Gos bless and help us
cap28:
By the way why would the US govt sell us arms to combat an organisation that they created?
Isnt there something strange about the fact that the US has all these troops on the African continent and STILL they cant locate Shekau's whereabouts.
Compare that with how quickly the CIA in conjunction with MOSSAD were able to track and capture Nelson Mandela.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by mekadinho(f): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Crocz:

I pity your soul...advocating for a lost course you may never live to see...Ojukwu tried, he failed..you know why?..not because he didn't have the resources like people were lead to belief, he had more than the Nigerian government...his army were stronger (with juju too) but he failed. And again he would have failed had he tried even with Hitler size army.

"This marriage was made in heaven and God stamp the pact"

Either we make it work or we all perish!
Fvool, you will perish alone, take it or leave it, Nigeria will divide, and God ll give Gowon long life cos with his own eyes will he see Nigeria break. Amen!...
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by drmikeadams(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
50calibre:
This Gowon guy is a bumbling buffoon!!
God bless u.make dem sit down dey wait for usa..useless country..na Obama go fight boko haram for useless politicians..boko haram neva serious sef
First of, Boko haram lacks the sophistication to be compared anywhere close to ISIS. If the Nigerian government haven't been so inept, boko haram could have been a thing of the past. Even small Cameroon will annihilate boko haram in 3 months tops.

Second, the civil war this weasel speaks of, was not a war, it was a genocide against the Biafran people. The US supplying Nigeria arms at the time, would be akin to supplying arms to Pol pot of Cambodia or the Hutus of Rwanda.

The US are no longer in the business of supplying arms to corrupt despotic regimes especially ones in which they've got little or no stake in (I though Obama made that clear already) Nigeria is useless to the US (and anyone really)

The GEJ administration has to go down as one of the most useless & retar*ded administration in the history of Nigeria, an international pariah no one wants to assist.

The Nigerian government hasn't demonstrated a firm commitment in protecting the masses & tackling boko haram. Political gains seems to be the only thing they care about so Gowon & his retar*ded cronies should quit bleating like sheeps and take responsibility for their ineptitude.

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by appini: 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
I suggest that most of us asking this question why America betrayed Nigeria by not assisting us to resolve the Boko Haram issue, should go read an editorial on Thisday newspaper of today november 30th by Robert Windrem titled; Nigeria's Economy Challenged as US Oil export Dry Up.

I want to state that Nigeria is not only losing her territory to the insurgents but, also her influence as a major player in Africa.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Abiolainfo: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
[s]
emmanuel4758:
nansense you never hear say usa stop isreal from selling arm to Nigeria at the dying minute ehh don't you hear America stop Belgium also don't you hear USA stop France also but Russia weapon are too costly and China weapon no too strong like that.
[/s]

Na USA talk say make una no get sense to make weapons abi; If I slap you and Gowon una destiny go wipe off cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by BlackTechnology: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Abiolainfo:
[s][/s]

Na USA talk say make una no get sense to make weapons abi; If I slap you and Gowon una destiny go wipe off cheesy grin

Abeg slap am
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Arosa(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
Gowon is right.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
Arosa:
Gowon is right.
Gowon is a mumucious man.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by davidonoja: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
SeverusSnape:
So the US is now "our greatest enemy" just because they refused to sell arms to us?, Is it only the US that sells weapons?, What happened to Israeli and Russian weapons?. The man is funny.

But y should there refuse?i
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Arosa(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
quid:

Gowon is a mumucious man.

LOL, I don't think so he is saying what he knows. America wants Nigeria to break up.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by davidonoja: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
SeverusSnape:
So the US is now "our greatest enemy" just because they refused to sell arms to us?, Is it only the US that sells weapons?, What happened to Israeli and Russian weapons?. The man is funny.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Arosa:

LOL, I don't think so he is saying what he knows.
Ermmm . . . .that is my problem. What exactly does he know apart from parroting "One Nigeria" that has led to the deaths of so many up till this day.?
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Horus(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkTTGkNF_AI

[size=15pt]Boko Haram, Nigeria and Imperialism[/size]

US imperialism gears up for more than just war in Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by okekeanayo(f): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
undecided
igbokwesampson:

Source : http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-america-not-nigerias-friend-says-gowon/
What Ojukwu produced and used within 3yrs, Nigeria can't produce after 100yrs. Had it been u (Gowon) signed the Abori accord into law, we would not be begging america for arms. You are not ashamed to say America does nat want to sell arms to us. You have been begging from 1967 to date, what a mess! We also know that our leaders don't die in Nigeria their Fatherland but abroad in search of good medical care in countries younger than Nigeria in age, what a shame! Very soon America will stop u from seeking for better health care in any foriegn land.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Lstar4real(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
Am really disappointed in Mr Gowon. ..USA that's sponsoring BHaram To Kill off the northern people so that this country will be divided by 2015 and To make their useless plan to work about lucifar of a thing to make the whole country to be under them... Worship their satan gods and forcing the whole countries to spend 1 Money note will then sell harms To us..JOKER... Since when they came with their soldier to help us get chibok girls.. How many girls have u seen released. ..God I wonder why so many people still blind in this country.. They have eyes but don't see....Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Arosa(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
quid:

Ermmm . . . .that is my problem. What exactly does he know apart from parroting "One Nigeria" that has led to the deaths of so many up till this day.?

At a time such as this, Nigeria should look up to people like Gowon for advice, we can also learn from his mistakes. "The sacrifice made for our unity should not be in vain" undecided
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
when are we Nigerians going to wise up and see through lies and misinformation being spewed to us by our leaders past and present?
Gowon claimed he needed war planes to chase out Biafra planes from bombing civilians .Biafra planes never ever went to bomb civilians rather gowons planes given to him by Russia after usa refused devastated Biafra hospitals and markets killing civilians in their hundreds.
for those ignorant ones claiming USA funds book haram I would like to remind you that Iran not USA was responsible for the containers carrying weapons discovered in a Nigerian port.I would like to point out to you that Hezbollah not the CIA was responsible for an underground weapons cache discovered in a northern Nigerian state.lastly I would like to point out that our leaders rejected foreign aid till the situation became critical intact buhari claimed once it was a plot by gej to decimate his people.
Sudan,china,Japan,Cuba,Egypt,south Africa,france& isreal,all produce and sell weapons USA isn't our major weapons supplier most of our planes are Russian or Chinese our armored vehicles are French and English.at least england and Russia which armed Gowon to decimate 3000000 biafrans are still in the arms business why must USA arm us?don't tell me USA blocked arms Sully to us cause Russia and China are selling arms to Syria despite arms embargo and France would deliver a warship to russia despite a ban due to Ukraine's crisis .I think its time we ask our leaders what they are not telling us
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by davidonoja: 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
Toasty:
Didn't Gown rule Nigeria for at least more than six years, it's enough time to make Jr country produce weapon for themselves and not begging ...oh I forget he was busy fighting his igbo enemesis

No just talk for talking sake abeg has any one ruled better dan gowon give him some respect .because we did not let them control us in passing in lesbian law them the vex.it not only that there. Refuse diving us ebola vaccine but to day we are free and it will b the sam for boko haram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kayode Ogundamisi: Why Dino Melaye Must Come Out & 'Shame' The Police / Precious Chikwendu Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia – FFK / Get Ready For 3-Week & 4-Week Sit-At-Home, If Kanu Is Not Released - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.