Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon (26767 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Boko Haram: America Not Nigeria’s Friend, Says Gowon / Boko Haram: America Is Nigeria's Greatest Enemy Says Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by PECO4KING(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2014
Boko na u come be our friend abi?
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by abnsugbe: 11:07am On Nov 30, 2014
SeverusSnape:
So the US is now "our greatest enemy" just because they refused to sell arms to us?, Is it only the US that sells weapons?, What happened to Israeli and Russian weapons?. The man is funny.

I TIRE OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by SeverusSnape(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2014
Mrkuvuki:

What do you know about the UN arms treaty?
I know nothing about it, you can educate me.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Suljosh: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2014
All y'all abusing Gowon should take a chill pill. Blame ojukwu for biafra. Oooooooh where is Abacha when you need one. Why depending on USA to help us? They aint gonna help, you know why? Because they don't really care about us in MJ's voice. And I don't care about them either, who do they think they are GOD? They must be high on some cheap substance. We can solve this problems our selves if we just Bolieve»»»»>Believe.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2014
Toaskarity:
Didn't Gowon rule Nigeria for atleast more than six years, it's enough time to make ur country produce weapon for themselves and not begging begging ...oh I forget he was busy fighting his igbo enemesis
Wat is gowon sayin...wat r u sayin?
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Ahmeduana(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2014
juman:

You are right.

Gen. gowon and other clueless nigerian leaders are too useless to know that they needed to build a functioning country that will be able to build weapons.

What a failed nation!
IS THIS WHAT YOU CALLED CRITICISM? HEAPING INSULT AND ABUSES ON ANYBODY AND ANY PERSON THAT YOU ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE WITH OR THAT DIDN'T SHARE YOUR VIEWS? I pray that the leagues of elders should not be extinct, because if a person of your character should be elevated to that circle! Am just imaging what the world will become!
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Mustiboy(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2014
Always gives me headache when i read articles callin boko aram islamic sects. The truth is those guys are just a plain group of terrorists brutally shattering the country by the order of their bosses. From outside and within the country(politicians) they're only using this religion of a thing to keep everything lockdown

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by idupaul: 11:18am On Nov 30, 2014
demopiper:
What is this one saying!!!

You are clearly one of those foolish Nigerians I spoke of .. Now run away and go and discuss the tiny things ur tiny mind can handle
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Soreza(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2014
SeverusSnape:
So the US is now "our greatest enemy" just because they refused to sell arms to us?, Is it only the US that sells weapons?, What happened to Israeli and Russian weapons?. The man is funny.
IDIOT SHUT UP,THE MAN IS HAS BEEN THE HEAD OF STATES AND KNOWS WHAT HE IS SAYING,ITS NOT TODAY AMERICA ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS NOT TODAY

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by chekasforchekas: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2014
Our leaders are so cheap stupid and clueless, a country of how many million, and an oil producing nation, but if police catches you with a den gun, if your not a hunter, your a criminal. God save our soul.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by cooljude(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Na by force to sell my product give you, go make your own.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by sammyj: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Do you think America will assist a nation full of corruption and in-balance economy
just9Girian:
Sometimes it beat my imagination the reason for Americans hard handedness with issue concerning Nigerians, I remembeer when the same America refused Nigeria's plea for the Ebola. Experimental drug siting flimpsy excuses only to send it to Liberia a fellow African Country, guess they are not happy for our near outright independence

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2014
SeverusSnape:

I know nothing about it, you can educate me.

I don't really understand all of it , but its something amnesty international has a lot of interests in ....follow this link http://www.amnesty.org/en/campaigns/control-arms and do a couple of searches, also try and find if nigeria is accused of human rights violations
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by dein77(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2014
sammyj:
Do you think America will assist a nation full of corruption and in-balance economy

Honestly, I doubt that.....
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by antontech(m): 11:24am On Nov 30, 2014
Na today una know

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Tbozun: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2014
Do you know that:

The new national e-ID Card issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is primarily a national Identity Card with a Smartcard built-in, containing provision for up to 13 applets, of which 5 are activated when an applicant picks up his/her Card. The 13 applets include the Match on Card (MoC), electronic identity (e-id), electronic public key infrastructure (e-PKI), an ICAO applet and a payment applet. There are applets also for Voters Register, Health insurance, Insurance policy, Tax, Pension, Driver’s License, SIM Register, Transport and an extra applet for immediate deployment as necessary. It is made of 100 per cent polycarbonate with a customized eighty kilobyte (80kb) chip.
The NIN and the e-id is free, but if you do not have the time to spend on the internet or on the queue at the nimc data capturing centers to do your pre-registration. Then
YOU MUST READ THIS:
GET PRE REGISTERED AND GET YOUR BARCODE FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME AT YOUR CONVENIENCE FOR A TOKEN FEE (A PEANUT)

Download and fill the sample form from https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf1kg4ekgecqv3h/NIMC%20WEB%20FORM%20.doc?dl=0
Then submit to the e-mail indicated on the form, then from any ATM
Insert your Card; enter your Pin and Press Proceed
Then Press Quick Teller, Press Interbank Transfers Then fill as follows:
Select Funding Account Type (Your own account type)
Select Receiving Account Type (Savings)
Select Recipient’s Bank (First Bank)
Enter Account Number you wish to transfer to (3075486988)
Enter Amount (200 (Two hundred naira only))
Then click Proceed (accept the N100 charge if indicated)
Confirm details and click proceed if okay
You’ll get the message “Transaction completed” please check the receipt for your reference number. Note: where there is no receipt, check your SMS alert for the reference number.
Then call the number on the form to confirm receipt of your payment. Once confirmed the barcode will be forwarded to the email you used to submit the form. Print it out and take it to any NIMC data capturing Centre and start processing your E-id. It is as simple as that. Please share even if you don’t need this information someone close to you may need it.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by texbaba1: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2014
"...this Gowon guy u funny no b small...if I hear!"

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by ono(m): 11:27am On Nov 30, 2014
Crocz:

I pity your soul...advocating for a lost course you may never live to see...Ojukwu tried, he failed..you know why?..not because he didn't have the resources like people were lead to belief, he had more than the Nigerian government...his army were stronger (with juju too) but he failed. And again he would have failed had he tried even with Hitler size army.

"This marriage was made in heaven and God stamp the pact"

Either we make it work or we all perish!

I agree with everything you said except the part where marriage comes in. This marriage was made by the British - in hell!
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Amya(f): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2014
One of the greatest disadvantages of the social media age Is that all of a sudden even dumb people have opinions. People who don't reason deeply are now quite opinionated.

A past leader spoke about some seriously deep issues here, and some people on here are dismissing him and the issues at hand.

I've said this times without number! the US is not our friend. If you reason deeply about this, you'll see that while they want to paint themselves the saint and the police to the world, they are doing everything to frustrate us in winning this war against the insurgents. I strongly believe they have a hand and are somehow involved with Boko haram. It explains why they won't sell weapons to us and make so much noise about human right abuse. What happened to the whole bring back our girls issue where they pledged to assist after riding on that story for weeks? Your guess is as good as mine!

No one should dismiss this allegations lightly. It's usually to the best to arm yourselves with knowledge of who your friends and foes are.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by AreaFada2: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2014
just9Girian:
Sometimes it beat my imagination the reason for Americans hard handedness with issue concerning Nigerians, I remembeer when the same America refused Nigeria's plea for the Ebola. Experimental drug siting flimpsy excuses only to send it to Liberia a fellow African Country, guess they are not happy for our near outright independence

Are you surprised? Nigeria if we get our acts together, the Yankees know that we have the capacity to be very influential. That wouldn't be in American interest.

American interest is all that matters to them, not our stability or progress as a nation.

You wonder why all these heads of state n politicians past and present are still making noise about this. It's nothing new as Gowon said.

Americans don't owe us any poo. So we must produce weapons by ourselves. The Americans don't have 2 heads or 4 feet.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by makzeze: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2014
Pangea:
Some of these tact less statemen!
They just open their mouth spew shiits that will further alienate the country
i know you are an igbo
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Gynacologist(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2014
Hadone:
WE'RE ALWAYS GOOD AT POINTING ACCUSATION FINGERS TO THE USA. THEY'RE ONLY AFRAID OF INDIRECTLY SELLING THE ARMS TO THE BOKOHARAM IN THE NAME OF NIGERIA. YOU ALL SEE WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. MY FRIEND IN YOLA WAS TELLING ME HOW THE MASSES ASSEMBLED IN STREETS OF YOLA MONTHS BACK CLAPPING WITH FULL HOPE FOR SOLDIERS AS THEY CONVEY HEAVY LOADS OF ARMS TO MUBI MEANT FOR FIGHTING INSURGENTS. HE CALLED ME AND SAY 'I ASSURE U BH WILL BE HISTORY IN ONE WEEK' BUT GUESS WHAT? SAME GUY CALLED BACK AFTER EXACTLY A WEEK CRYING AND TELLING ME THAT BH HAS CAPTURED MUBI, & THAT SOLDIERS WERE ARRIVING YOLA BARE FOOTED WITH SHORTNICKERS AS THEY ALL THREW THEIR UNIFORMS. I ASKED HIM ABOUT THE HEAVY WEAPONS TAKEN THEIR AND HE BURSTED INTO TEARS AGAIN TELLING ME THAT THEY ARE IN THE HANDS OF BOKOHARAM AS EVEN THE BARRACKS WHERE THEY WERE KEPT IS UNDER BH CONTROL. WHOSE NEGLIGENCE, AMERICA?
i was exactly dere....saw whn dos weapons are bin convered to mubi....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Crocz(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2014
ono:

I agree with everything you said except the part where marriage comes in. This marriage was made by the British - in hell!

Well, I can categorically tell you that this marriage was made in heaven and by God, we'll make it work

If you ask me how I know, the answer is "I'm not like most men" cry
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by demopiper(m): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2014
idupaul:

You are clearly one of those foolish Nigerians I spoke of .. Now run away and go and discuss the tiny things ur tiny mind can handle
dupaul or dullpaul or whatsoever,we're all intellectuals here ,how will you say America is the one sponsoring BH just because they didn't sell weapons for Nigeria,try and back your story up next time

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by sammyj: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2014
I support you on this because if this weapons are sold to the Nigerian FG they can use it against their political opponent during and after election. Yes BH can be eliminated with foot soldiers fully equipped and not with mini weapon of mass destruction that cannot be controlled by our incompetent government!!!!
WilyWily:
Dis is great from USA, they should not allow Nigeria government to obtain Arms from any source.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Idrismusty97(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2014
Weapons made in Pakistan(Not sure how accurate the blog is anyway).http://pakistan4me..com/2011/08/weapons-made-in-pakistan.html?m=1
And oh! Don't forget we are richer than them.

‘Made in Pakistan’ weapons being sold to 40 countries. http://www.dawn.com/news/1147302

"Pakistan is planning to rid itself of foreign dependence in the defence industry." - Brigadier
Sanaullah
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2014
So it's clear now...most people always think American is our friend...saying all sorts of things...it's either of the these reasons....They don't like the present govt,or they want Islam to continue to earn bad name because of the bad activities of these BH hiding under islam or they are scare of the military not to compromise their hardware or they have a stake in the success of the bh

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Fantacy1(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2014
America may have dia reasons. They said Nigerian Military may nt be able 2 maintain dem, US weapons ar more of Hi-tech, wat happens if d sabotuers among d Military sales out dos Hi-tech weapons 2 BH or allows Russia/China 2 Copy d Tech behind US weapons

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by major466(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2014
Krucifax:
The US government are hypocrites. Which country abuses human rights more than Saudi Arabia where women are nothing more than chattels owned by men yet they have full US backing? What of the US's records of Human Rights violations? They are the worst. They invaded Afghanistan and Iraq against international law and despite International criticism under a false pretext of WMDs that didn't exist. Or is it their record in Guantanamo bay where they hold prisoners for years without charge or access to legal representation. Or is it the massive abuses by their soldiers in Abu Ghraib. This same US were police execute unarmed minorities at the slightest provocation.

While it's true that the Nigerian government can turn to other sources for buying armaments it has been reported that the same US (awon bastaaards)have applied political pressure to stop Nigeria buying from said other sources. I'm not a Gowon fan but the man is 100% right the U.S is no friend of Nigeria! Fact.
You said it all.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Trafford(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2014
SeverusSnape:

You're so so wrong, who told you Russian weapons are "too costly "?...For your information, Russian weapons are cheap especially the Kalashnikov, American weapons are more hi-tech, so they're more expensive, and Who told you "china weapon no too strong".....Do you think their weapons are those phones you buy in the market?

Anything from Russia don't have parts replacement hence some countries avoid them
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by pazienza(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2014
And Gowon that refused to hand over to a civilian govt,but continued to feed fat on petrodollars,while the people lived in penury is a friend of Nigeria?

You just have to pity this colonial anomaly,when men like Gowon cannot only walk freely,but can speak on national matters.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by WilyWily: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2014
[s]
Amya:
One of the greatest disadvantages of the social media age Is that all of a sudden even dumb people have opinions. People who don't reason deeply are now quite opinionated.

A past leader spoke about some seriously deep issues here, and some people on here are dismissing him and the issues at hand.

I've said this times without number! the US is not our friend. If you reason deeply about this, you'll see that while they want to paint themselves the saint and the police to the world, they are doing everything to frustrate us in winning this war against the insurgents. I strongly believe they have a hand and are somehow involved with Boko haram. It explains why they won't sell weapons to us and make so much noise about human right abuse. What happened to the whole bring back our girls issue where they pledged to assist after riding on that story for weeks? Your guess is as good as mine!

No one should dismiss this allegations lightly. It's usually to the best to arm yourselves with knowledge of who your friends and foes are.

[/s]
Straight to Dustbin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu Is Suffering From Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia – FFK / Get Ready For 3-Week & 4-Week Sit-At-Home, If Kanu Is Not Released - Simon Ekpa / Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.