Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon (26763 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Boko Haram: America Not Nigeria’s Friend, Says Gowon / Boko Haram: America Is Nigeria's Greatest Enemy Says Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Abiolainfo: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
emmanuel4758:
fuc k u no be your mate dey fight for mubi .go join military nah or you keep shot that your tinibu mouth nansense

The bold word above shows where you come from [uncivilised,uncultured,miserable home] cheesy grin keep crying for weapons, maybe na your Pman help them produce all those weapons, you go tell me
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Amya(f): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
50calibre:

Loool you're a retar*ded bitc*h!! Aren't you the one begging to suck the coc*k of your white masters, begging for their help to fight your problems in your backyard?

You're so stup*id, loool your stupi*dity & ineptitude is the cause of your misery.. Keep chasing phantom enemies instead of solving your problems yourself.

You're the retard. Your monumental stupidity is such a sight to behold. Even a 7 year old reason better than you do. Been seeing your comments over the place and I always wonder if you were even educated. Stark illiterate Americana wannabe.

Ewu Hausa.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Tibins(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
AMERICA SAW IT & TOLD ALL NIGERIANS.... BUT WE DIDN'T BELIEVE IT... WHO SAY A PROPHESY & TAKE ACTION THAT WILL STOP THAT PROPHESY FROM COMING TO PASS.... NO ONE WANTS TO BE CALLED A FALSE PROPHET.... EVERY PROPHET WANTS TO BEAT HIS CHEST "I SAID IT..." 2015 EVEN NATIONAL ASSEMBLY... PLAYING TO THE GALLERY.... DECEIVING NIGERIANS.... WHICH GOOD LAW HAVE THEY PASSED THAT IMPACTED ON NIGERIANS.... IN FACT THE BEST THAT WILL HAPPEN TO NIGERIA IS FOR ALL THESE "LAWLESS MAKERS TO BE WEPT BACK TO THEIR VILLAGES...
WE ALL THINK GEJ IS THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA... HE'S NEVER.....?? THE FIRST STEP ALWAYS FOR ANY NATION TO MOVE FORWARD, IS TO HAVE THE RIGHT LEGISLATURE.... DEFINITELY NOT THESE.....
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Curlieweed: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Crocz:

I pity your soul...advocating for a lost course you may never live to see...Ojukwu tried, he failed..you know why?..not because he didn't have the resources like people were lead to belief, he had more than the Nigerian government...his army were stronger (with juju too) but he failed. And again he would have failed had he tried even with Hitler size army.

"This marriage was made in heaven and God stamp the pact"

Either we make it work or we all perish!

Stop the blasphemy! Bandit Lugard isn't god and his bedroom isn't heaven.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by White007(m): 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
quid:

LMAO
Gowon laid the foundation for this all pervading B.S taking place now.

God bless you!
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by White007(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
During the Nigerian-Biafran war, Nigeria beg for weapons and even pilots to fight a rag tag rebel group. 47yrs later, they are still begging for weapon to fight an Islamic rag-tag group.

What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by BlackTechnology: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Total shame
White007:
During the Nigerian-Biafran war, Nigeria beg for weapons and even pilots to fight a rag tag rebel group. 47yrs later, they are still begging for weapon to fight an Islamic rag-tag group.
What a shame!
White007:
What a shame!
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by SamIkenna: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
International gang of criminals joined in squeezing and starving Biafran people thinking they would get a hand on Nigeria's oil wealth. They got their victory but Nigeria sent them packing with 'Indigenization' policy. Britain lost her companies and Russia didn't get any foothold. However, Arab Egypt and Sudan somehow got their islamic wish aka OIC. The rest of Nigeria got 40 years of Hausa-Fulani hegemony.

Fast forward to Nov 30th 2014. Boko Haram is raging, Nigerians are running helter skelter, the military is impotent and inept, Britain is no where to be found, and Russia isn't too much of a help either. Nigerians, all of a suden, have become 'their brothers' keepers.' Praying and wishing Boko Haram goes away, praying and wishing a revolution happens (Lol! they want 'indoor' and 'keyboard' revolution or should I say Ipad, Iphone, keyboard, and Samsung Galaxy Arab Spring). Each time I listen to their responses what I hear is: Boko Harams are cowards, GEJ is clueless, govt is weak, Shekau is unislamic, we shall overcome, CIA is responsible, Mossad and MI5 are behind BH, its the French, its Iherejirika, it's America, it's this and that. But these people are too quick to insult Biafran men, women, and children who braved Egyptian flown MIGs and damned Nigeria's barrage of air, land, and sea bombardments for 3 years with no shoes and inflicted heavy toll on Nigerian army. Up until now folks didn't know Nigeria army lost to Biafran forces in head to head count.

What's my point you might say. Let me make it clear - it goes like this: If you really believe in Gowon's Nigeria, if you had up until now chided and called Biafran struggle and army - rag-tag, weak, and useless - then now its your time to march up north and help Nigerian army sack BH. Now is the time to prove and show your superior intellect, battle readiness, dexterity, and faith in your country. The civilian JTF in the north has shown they have the balls, so get off your Ipad, Iphone, and keyboard and show us your mettle as well as your love and sacrifice for one united Nigeria. It's not enough to cast aspersions and ridicule people in life and death situations, but when its time to help your own beleaguered comrades in the north east and west you take to NL. Go show Biafrans how to fight a 'real war' with or without international powers. Your beloved country is at war and spending all day here on NL isn't going to win it. Fight for what you believe in and show the world, America inclusive, that with or without their weapon your country is worth dying for.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by 50calibre(m): 11:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amya:

You're the retard. Your monumental stupidity is such a sight to behold. Even a 7 year old reason better than you do. Been seeing your comments over the place and I always wonder if you were even educated. Stark illiterate Americana wannabe.

Ewu Hausa.

Hahaha what exactly are you saying, are you so retar*ded that you can't get a simple clear point across?

Apparently comprehension isn't your forte, your mouth runs faster than your brain, it spews forth shi*t without your brain analysing it first.

Can you get your point clear to me, what exactly are you saying? You're are the lazy retar*d heaping her problems on another country, you literally expect America to fight your battle for you, what happened to you, are you handicapped?

You're a slave niggress who blames others for her problems.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by franksam2009: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hadone:
WE'RE ALWAYS GOOD AT POINTING ACCUSATION FINGERS TO THE USA. THEY'RE ONLY AFRAID OF INDIRECTLY SELLING THE ARMS TO THE BOKOHARAM IN THE NAME OF NIGERIA. YOU ALL SEE WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. MY FRIEND IN YOLA WAS TELLING ME HOW THE MASSES ASSEMBLED IN STREETS OF YOLA MONTHS BACK CLAPPING WITH FULL HOPE FOR SOLDIERS AS THEY CONVEY HEAVY LOADS OF ARMS TO MUBI MEANT FOR FIGHTING INSURGENTS. HE CALLED ME AND SAY 'I ASSURE U BH WILL BE HISTORY IN ONE WEEK' BUT GUESS WHAT? SAME GUY CALLED BACK AFTER EXACTLY A WEEK CRYING AND TELLING ME THAT BH HAS CAPTURED MUBI, & THAT SOLDIERS WERE ARRIVING YOLA BARE FOOTED WITH SHORTNICKERS AS THEY ALL THREW THEIR UNIFORMS. I ASKED HIM ABOUT THE HEAVY WEAPONS TAKEN THEIR AND HE BURSTED INTO TEARS AGAIN TELLING ME THAT THEY ARE IN THE HANDS OF BOKOHARAM AS EVEN THE BARRACKS WHERE THEY WERE KEPT IS UNDER BH CONTROL. WHOSE NEGLIGENCE, AMERICA?
bro u jst spoke my mind, even if America sells the weapons to Nigeria, one way or another the weapons will still fall in the hands of boko haram

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Drone007: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=igbokwesampson post=28461467] An interesting character, Jack (Yakubu Gowon), but one of Nigeria's greatest problems. Lacking vision, he failed to plan ahead in way that Nigeria's oil money will benefit Nigeria in the long haul. This is one Nigerian head of state who told the world Nigeria's problem was not money, but how to spend it. And, justified his position by giving handouts to other countries at Nigeria's expense: paying salaries of the entire civil servants of Equitorial Guinea, Trinidad & Tobago etc. Had Gowon planned with Nigeria's oil wealth then, this country would not be where, and what she is now!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by cjrane: 1:12am On Dec 02, 2014
franksam2009:
bro u jst spoke my mind, even if America sells the weapons to Nigeria, one way or another the weapons will still fall in the hands of boko haram

[size=15pt][b]Just like Napoleon Knew more than 200 years ago that China shall inevitably rise to become a world power someday and he made his now famous statement;

“China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move the world.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte

America had always known what the British could not see. They knew that Nigeria was exactly "a sleeping giant' borrowing from Napoleon's words. Therefore, allowing it to persist as a united country and continue growing, will not just cause constant blood shed, they knew Nigeria will eventually grow to become Africa's biggest economy, perhaps grow into the top 10 biggest economies of the world and the top 5 most populous countries in the world. An Islamist take over of such a mega gigantic country will directly threaten the USA's security and economic interests around Africa and that scenario had always given them sleepless nights.

America was silently pro breakup of Nigeria in the 1966-1970 civil war. But because they did not want to offend their British ally in the heat of the cold war, they merely looked away. They had hoped that the irreconcilable differences of Nigeria's ethnic groups will guarantee a breakup of the country without their intervention. But, somehow, Nigeria has survived every crisis and appears to wax stronger each time.

My take today is that they should take measures to hasten the breakup of Nigeria, instead of hurting oil price which punishes the poor Nigerians.[/b]
[/size]
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by Suljosh: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2014
stynhaq:

hahaha my guy. you too like WWE. Bolieve.
hahahahahahahaha
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by DaBullIT(m): 7:27am On Dec 03, 2014
Tibins:
AMERICA SAW IT & TOLD ALL NIGERIANS.... BUT WE DIDN'T BELIEVE IT... WHO SAY A PROPHESY & TAKE ACTION THAT WILL STOP THAT PROPHESY FROM COMING TO PASS.... NO ONE WANTS TO BE CALLED A FALSE PROPHET.... EVERY PROPHET WANTS TO BEAT HIS CHEST "I SAID IT..." 2015 EVEN NATIONAL ASSEMBLY... PLAYING TO THE GALLERY.... DECEIVING NIGERIANS.... WHICH GOOD LAW HAVE THEY PASSED THAT IMPACTED ON NIGERIANS.... IN FACT THE BEST THAT WILL HAPPEN TO NIGERIA IS FOR ALL THESE "LAWLESS MAKERS TO BE WEPT BACK TO THEIR VILLAGES...
WE ALL THINK GEJ IS THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA... HE'S NEVER.....?? THE FIRST STEP ALWAYS FOR ANY NATION TO MOVE FORWARD, IS TO HAVE THE RIGHT LEGISLATURE.... DEFINITELY NOT THESE.....

You are making sense , further more , US has been more than a friend

[size=20pt]
America did show support and assistance to Nigeria until politicians turned it into drama
https://www.nairaland.com/2025903/re-us-denies-failing-nigeria[/size]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by LORDI(m): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2014
Nigeria will overcome this terror,..we are the sleeping gaint of africa.
Re: Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon by FemoLondon: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
Yet an unprecedented number of Nigerians keep applying for a US visa. I know it is unrelated to the topic but it sure is ironic!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo / Photos Of Akeredolu In His First Day In Office As Ondo State Governor / Tunji Bello: Lagos To Experience 240 Days Of Rain In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.