Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? (62272 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by jahbiz: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
obiZEAL:
Ok...this is a survey am trying to take from the streets to online.

I have asked a cross section of people what their first thought is about AMORC, a few were ignorant about the word or what is stands for, while a large number had funny stories to tell about AMORC.

So i decided to hear what fellow Nairalanders have to say.
All comments are welcomed...negative or positive.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Mystical_Order_Rosae_Crucis
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by atlwireles: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
AMORC is a great thing to understand. Join here if you want.

http://applications.amorcng.org/Registration.aspx
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
benefitzte:

They like to drag corpse....some twenty something years ago my headmistress in primary school who happened to be related to my dad died na so they come drag corpse, I ve heard of two or more other cases in my hometown. And we hear they don't bury their dead, they use them for some other things.

If your claim is true then please walk over to the nearest police station to report it all please. AMORC has nothing to do with a member's corpse. If that were to be true, the police would have arrested the group and the laws of the land would have conscripted the order since the moment when ECWA and the Order had a court case. Even the judge saw the order and was forced to say that there's nothing obscure about us. Please stop scorching the name of the order. Drag corpse ke grin. Too much Nigerian films.

N. B. People that join AMORC looking for magic, money or mysterious powers are usually disappointed when books are sent them cool. They are the ones who go and say rubbish to others as a payback.

5 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by atlwireles: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

If your claim is true then please walk over to the nearest police station to report it all please. AMORC has nothing to do with a member's corpse. If that were to be true, the police would have arrested the group and the laws of the land would have conscripted the order since the moment when ECWA dragged us to court. Even the judge saw the order and was forced to say that there's nothing obscure about us. Please stop scorching the name of the order. Drag corpse ke grin. Too much Nigerian films.

N. B. People that join AMORC looking for magic, money or mysterious powers are usually disappointed when books are sent them cool. They are the ones who go and say rubbish to others as a payback.

That's the point that needs to be made.

4 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Dzany(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
obiZEAL:

Seekers of?

Every true Seeker will be led to the part of Light.
They seek Light!
Light illuminate!

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by tonquendo4u(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ancient mystical order of d rosicrucians
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Elan83(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
It is a deadly ocult, deadlier dan ebola, very useless & wcked secret society operatin all ova d wrld lookin 4 souls 2 destroy, d OP is a member, i wonda y he z keenly askn 4d meanin if he hs notin 2 do wit dis destiny destroyers called AMORC. God is wtchn dea activities!
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Its jobless people that will be doubting the existence of God. The fact is you are nothing without God. If u wana tell me that God doesn't exist, don't forget to include the tonnes of frustration uve been through since you were a child and how miserable ur life has been also. Because since u don't believe in God he can't do anything for u. He isn't begging u to believe in him. Its we humans that need him.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by philo3(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
I've read all your comments ..

lemme pass by

I'll come bk laterI've read all your comments ..

lemme pass by

I'll come bk later
I've read all your comments ..

lemme pass by

I'll come bk later
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by AustineE1: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:
AMORC is more like a university. I have been a member for 5years now. It's a very lovely order. Members are sent mails which are called Monographs. They contain virtually all the lessons about life, science, law, mysticism, spiritualism, philosophy, history, etc. IT IS NOT RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION. Rosicrucians believe that the concept of God is personal and that is ultimate goal of mysticism is to be united with the personal conception of God. Rosicrucians also believe in Master Jesus but do not deify him. He is an ascended master.
AMORC operates like a typical University. To join, you pay an amount and keep paying to maintain membership. Apart from reading, there are also lodges and chapters where members congregate for meditations and convocations but these are not compulsory.
I cannot say all about AMORC aimlessly so I will entertain specific questions about the organisation. However it must be noted that whatever I say are my personal thoughts as a member and not the order's general standing.

Peace Profound...
I strongly have my reservations about AMORC,i try to balance what people say and what Rosicrucians do,while growing up as a young boy with friends,i met few 'Light bearers',thats the children version of Amorc,i also know some Rosicrucians now,but i only try to judge them by the strength of their character and not by their membership of Amorc!
I suppose you are quite aware of the celebrated case btw ECWA church and AMORC,in which the supreme court of Nigeria declared that AMORC is a secret society...can you in all honesty say that AMORC by your membership of this association,that its not a secret society?I will come back with some events that happened in the past and try to prove to you that AMORC is a highly occultic group.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Elan83:
It is a deadly ocult, deadlier dan ebola, very useless & wcked secret society operatin all ova d wrld lookin 4 souls 2 destroy, d OP is a member, i wonda y he z keenly askn 4d meanin if he hs notin 2 do wit dis destiny destroyers called AMORC. God is wtchn dea activities!

Honestly, I understand your problem. What you need is to come out from the clutches of superstition and dogma.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
AustineE1:

I strongly have my reservations about AMORC,i try to balance what people say and what Rosicrucians do,while growing up as a young boy with friends,i met few 'Light bearers',thats the children version of Amorc,i also know some Rosicrucians now,but i only try to judge them by the strength of their character and not by their membership of Amorc!
I suppose you are quite aware of the celebrated case btw ECWA church and AMORC,in which the supreme court of Nigeria declared that AMORC is a secret society...can you in all honesty say that AMORC by your membership of this association,that its not a secret society?I will come back with some events that happened in the past and try to prove to you that AMORC is a highly occultic group.

The laws of Nigeria proscribe secret societies so if the judge proclaimed AMORC a secret society (which isn't true of course), then the order should have been banned. So that settles the case.

As for secrecy and occultism. AMORC is not secret because anybody can walk in, pick a form and become a member. You are also FREE to leave just by not paying your annual dues. Anything occultic which you may have noticed is perfectly explainable. So you can bring them on... cheesy

N. B. See the link to the proceedings of the ECWA vs AMORC case here :

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=49204

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by fireforfire: 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bonbolos:
In China where I stays, its a religion sect

dis must be china english den. Chinko. Cut and nail grammar

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by menesheh(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ideological religion
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Melancholy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
What are they sprewing from their mouth concerning teaching of light? cos i have an aunty in that occultic group who is so wicked,selfish,arrogant,miser,and also talk to the dead. So why dragging the name of our lord jesus into their teachings? May jehova open their eyes cos whatsoever acclaimed knowlege(illusion) they've got will perish with them here on earth.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by begwong: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
AMORC is just a secret cult/society nah!
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Elan83(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
These ar condemn criminals scattered all ova d wrld,,, bunch of swines & infidels!
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by soludo93(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
amorc is a hypocritical order, a movement to confuse many and ensure that they end in hell fire.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lets read more from members. What's worship like there, what's the standard principle, norms, activities etc. How do you worship, what are the requirements to become a member?

I am thirsty for these knowledge, but absolutely not interested in being a member.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by BadSamaritan(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oh boy, I can't forget what happened to me one day when I was in school. There was this very good friend of mine. A very close friend at that. I liked this guy so much. Then one day, I made a very scary discovery. My very good, very harmless friend was a very active member of AMORC!

I was so afraid I couldn't sleep for several days. I was afraid he might have initiated me into the cult without my knowledge. And I didn't know how to confront him.

Then I started keeping away from him. One day, he said to me "I know you have found out. I was going to tell you anyway. There's nothing to be afraid of".

Omo, that night, I was so afraid, I didn't know I could make it the next morning.

4 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Melancholy:
What are they sprewing from their mouth concerning teaching of light? cos i have an aunty in that occultic group who is so wicked,selfish,arrogant,miser,and also talk to the dead. So why dragging the name of our lord jesus into their teachings? May jehova open their eyes cos whatsoever acclaimed knowlege(illusion) they've got will perish with them here on earth.

It is either your aunt is not a Rosicrucian or you are not honest somewhere here. AMORC members don't speak to the DEAD. I wish I could... wink cheesy Even if she is, SHE is just one person. She doesn't represent AMORC in any way. I've seen worse serious Christians and I don't say that's how all Christians are.

Sometimes I wonder how far our detractors can go. Anyway, AMORC isn't for anybody. I only have one wish, you don't like a group doesn't mean you should castigate them blindly when you haven't been there.

3 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Boss13: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
AustineE1:

Do you know how that case was resolved by the judge? It was a fiercely court case where it was shown that Jesus was also a Rosicrucian and Gbam Amorc won the case. The ECWA guys could not believe their eyes that even Jesus Christ that they revered was also a Rosicrucian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by AustineE1: 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

The laws of Nigeria proscribe secret societies so if the judge proclaimed AMORC a secret society (which isn't true of course), then the order should have been banned. So that settles the case.

As for secrecy and occultism. AMORC is not secret because anybody can walk in, pick a form and become a member. You can also FREE to leave just by not paying your annual dues. Anything occultic which you may have noticed is perfectly explainable. So you can bring them on... cheesy
We all know that Amorc has signs which are subtle to insiders only but that in itself doesnt make it an occult because even fraternities have theirs,but i have observed something that seems a little strange about Rosicrucians,they tend to grow either a finger,hair,mustach etc and like they are compelled by the group to do so and it serves a purpose,thats just by the way.Why do Rosicrucians insist on paying the last homage to a dead member and with insistence that the family of the bereaved must excuse them.Even during Bola Ige's funeral,this script played out,along side other issues that came up.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
nationwide1:
If Jesus Christ was their member, do they follow the teachings of Jesus or was Jesus practicing their teachings? Does it mean all Christians today are Rosicrucians? Why don't they read The Holy Bible?

Was Jesus Christ a Christian?

3 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimmy05:
Lets read more from members. What's worship like there, what's the standard principle, norms, activities etc. How do you worship, what are the requirements to become a member?

I am thirsty for these knowledge, but absolutely not interested in being a member.

Thanks

We don't have a standard principle or norm. Everyone has freewill to believe and worship anyhow he or she wants. You can be a member without absolutely seeing any other member ever in your life grin. You can join online or get a form at any affiliated body. Intake fee is 20k+ or so. When you join you are sent books to read ONCE a week for the rest of your active years as a member.

You may choose to join an affiliated body if you so wish. There you will meet other members and fellowship by meditation sessions and listening to discourses.

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Boss13: 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amorc is a beautiful organization that embraces all because we were made out of love. Nobody is superior to the other. However it is a school- a school of life. So just like every online and real school, you must study and study real hard and when I mean real hard I was not joking. It requires discipline and you know the human race wants shortcuts.

You can get anything in this world whether you are a Christian or Muslim but there are consequences

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
AustineE1:

We all know that Amorc has signs which are subtle to insiders only but that in itself doesnt make it an occult because even fraternities have theirs,but i have observed something that seems a little strange about Rosicrucians,they tend to grow either a finger,hair,mustach etc and like they are compelled by the group to do so and it serves a purpose,thats just by the way.Why do Rosicrucians insist on paying the last homage to a dead member and with insistence that the family of the bereaved must excuse them.Even during Bola Ige's funeral,this script played out,along side other issues that came up.

AMORC has never told in all my years of membership how to live my life or take care of myself. So growing hair or finger or moustache is a thing of choice. Maybe you have just coincidentally seen those who do but it is not a general stand. : )

Last homage! All groups do that. Even churches. Others are excused because it is a final farewell by members and it is done in a very special way smiley. Nothing is removed from the corpse and no creepy things are done. Just meditation for the peaceful rest of the departed soul.

3 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by cesareborgia(m): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
jamesw:
AMORC don't know don't want to know my believe in Christ Jesus is enough for me

French Kim Kardashian stabs fiancée, Faces 30-year jail time
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/1759-french-kim-kardashian-stabs-fiancee-faces-30-year-jail-time
You..are just ignorant...

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by ransomed: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
DarqChild:
Ancient and Modern order of the Rosea Cruxis... Its a school of thought of enlightenment and study on the superhuman or rather to simplify the superhuman to the layman and remove ignorance.
NB:Ignorance is God. We worship what we don't know.
::-- It is Ancient Mystical Order of the Rosea Cruxis.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by mathew71: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ignorance is bad. Half Knowledge is the worst. grin

Nice comments guys. some years back, Thunder as a phenomenon was deified, worshiped, even feared. in our various traditions, we gave it all sorts of names.

what of today, we now understand it as a mere natural phenomenon that occurs when a certain condition is maintained. we have even gone to the extent of forecasting its occurrence.

The analogy painted above goes to someone who calls something evil just because the knowledge of that something is yet to be known. AMORC is that something. I urge we all to be walking question marks. Unravel the unknown and deepen the knowledge of the known. how else can we better our society. When the soul is ripe for this advanced form of knowledge, the soul will attract it to itself. Its is understandable, if someone in this 21st century still call AMORC evil.

AMORC practice KARMA. Any organization that practice KARMA, will always promote best Deeds, words and thought.

Guys, lets be the best we can ever be and always promote the most positive thoughts ever. Do not permit distractions.

Best wishes for peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by nationwide1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Was Jesus Christ a Christian?
Although you've not answered my questions, yet let me respond to yours. The word 'Christian' was coined from Christ (Jesus Christ). Christian therefore means followers of Christ. So Christians practice Christ's teachings. I hope you can go back and answer my questions now.

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by ransomed: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ask Reuben Abati, he is a grand master of the temple of isis. Do not be decieved, it is not a school of thought but a registered CULT of highly educated and influential societal class.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

“God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Russia To Buy Nigeria's Military Technology For $500bn / MMM Is Demonic Says Apostle Suleiman, Participants React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.