Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,654 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? (62343 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
ransomed:
Ask Reuben Abati, he is a grand master of the temple of isis. Do not be decieved, it is not a school of thought but a registered CULT of highly educated and influential societal class.
Ignorance is really a disease. For your own illumination my brother, there is NO AMORC GRAND MASTER in Nigeria. smiley. Please take note. Meanwhile if Reuben Abati is a member and he is working for the president, that tells you how trustworthy he is. Anyway, usage of the word CULT to refer to AMORC is libelous. You need to take a dictionary to know the meaning of the word then study AMORC and cross examine. wink

Peace profound

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by AustineE1: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

AMORC has never told in all my years of membership how to live my life or take care of myself. So growing hair or finger or moustache is a thing of choice. Maybe you have just coincidentally seen those who do but it is not a general stand. : )

Last homage! All groups do that. Even churches. Others are excused because it is a final farewell by members and it is done in a very special way smiley. Nothing is removed from the corpse and no creepy things are done. Just meditation for the peaceful rest of the departed soul.
but we can agree on the fact that Amorc is highly mystical,every devoted member seems to possess an extra-ordinary ability,which hinges on mysticism,a case of a Rosicrucian who had problem with a man,while the man was ranting,the Rosicrucian smiled and got back inside his house and before you can say Jack Robinson,the man that was ranting,ran mad.I have also seen Masons get out of freemasonry without being perturbed by members(am nt holding brief for Masonry) but there has been reported cases of former members of Amorc seriously tormented after they denounced their membership.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

We don't have a standard principle or norm. Everyone has freewill to believe and worship anyhow he or she wants. You can be a member without absolutely seeing any other member ever in your life grin. You can join online or get a form at any affiliated body. Intake fee is 20k+ or so. When you join you are sent books to read ONCE a week for the rest of your active years as a member.

You may choose to join an affiliated body if you so wish. There you will meet other members and fellowship by meditation sessions and listening to discourses.
what's the difference between eckist and amorc?

Thanks though. What does the book contain. Can we see a sample copy since it's not a secret cult. In as much as a Christian can freely share the contents of the bible, you should be able to do same on here.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by cesareborgia(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
yaskarahyelhope:
They are ROSICRUCIANS. Carved out from FREEMANSORY. A former Jesuit created it. It is purely ILLUMINATI. Don't ask me aw I knew. But that's who they are. They are a cult which controls d personality of one.

Jesus pass dem. They deceptively say they are more enlightened. They are full of d atheists. They are science-based. They try to compete with God. They are perfectly WICKED!

God will judge them all if they don't repent in Jesus' name!
If only nigeria wil be enlighten enough to that what we need is a mystical approach to life...that iS the core problem of nigeria...that is what AMORC offer

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Dugul: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
(AMORC), is a worldwide philosophical and humanistic secret society devoted to "the study of the elusive mysteries of life and the universe."[1] The organization is non-sectarian and it is open to both men and women of legal adult age (18 years old in most countries) regardless of their various religious persuasions.

The current open cycle of AMORC was activated by Harvey Spencer Lewis in 1915.[2] Lewis received authority to do so from the Supreme Council of the Rosicrucian Order after being tried, tested and finally initiated into the Order in 1909, Toulouse, France.

AMORC is said to be the modern day manifestation of the ancient Rose-Croix Order which has its origin in the Ancient Egyptian mystery schools.[3]
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
cesareborgia:
If only nigeria wil be enlighten enough to that what we need is a mystical approach to life...that iS the core problem of nigeria...that is what AMORC offer
do you have a TV programme where I can atleast get information? I sometimes get to watch Grail message preachings.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by cesareborgia(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

Ignorance is really a disease. For your own illumination my brother, there is NO AMORC GRAND MASTER in Nigeria. smiley. Please take note. Meanwhile if Reuben Abati is a member and he is working for the president, that tells you how trustworthy he is. Anyway, usage of the word CULT to refer to AMORC is libelous. You need to take a dictionary to know the meaning of the word then study AMORC and cross examine. winkmr mathy my man..

Peace profound
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
AustineE1:

but we can agree on the fact that Amorc is highly mystical,every devoted member seems to possess an extra-ordinary ability,which hinges on mysticism,a case of a Rosicrucian who had problem with a man,while the man was ranting,the Rosicrucian smiled and got back inside his house and before you can say Jack Robinson,the man that was ranting,ran mad.I have also seen Masons get out of freemasonry without being perturbed by members(am nt holding brief for Masonry) but there has been reported cases of former members of Amorc seriously tormented after they denounced their membership.

I bet the person that ran mad was a mere coincidence. Trust me, if AMORC had the power to do and undo, I would have been bloodily rich by now. All my enemies would have been dead and I would have threatened to turn you intoa white toad. grin. But there are no such powers. If anybody has them in AMORC then it's definitely not from AMORC. Maybe the person is a native doctor.. Who knows?

My dad is an EX-AMORC member smiley. He stopped paying and became inactive. Nobody even noticed his absence. grin cheesy. There are so many ex-members out there brother. AMORC is the easiest group to leave. Just stop reading and paying and that's all. Tormented ke? By who? Juju grin? Lol. Abeg o. There is NO POWER in AMORC. Just books and God realisation. Trust me, I've searched for powers... AMORC doesn't give. smiley but I remained because I love the resonance between the teachings and my personality. wink

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by ransomed: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

Ignorance is really a disease. For your own illumination my brother, there is NO AMORC GRAND MASTER in Nigeria. smiley. Please take note. Meanwhile if Reuben Abati is a member and he is working for the president, that tells you how trustworthy he is. Anyway, usage of the word CULT to refer to AMORC is libelous. You need to take a dictionary to know the meaning of the word then study AMORC and cross examine. wink

Peace profound
::---That means Reuben Abati lied about the information he published in June, 2011. When he made an obituary announcement of a departed member in the Guardian. He claimed to be a grand master. Check calabar Headquarters before you declare someelse an ignoramus. Thanks.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimmy05:
what's the difference between eckist and amorc?

Thanks though. What does the book contain. Can we see a sample copy since it's not a secret cult. In as much as a Christian can freely share the contents of the bible, you should be able to do same on here.

Eckankar is a RELIGION with no semblance whatsoever with AMORC in any way at all. I can't tell you about Eckankar because I don't know much about them. As for the books, there is a reason they are for members only. AMORC IS NOT A RELIGION so don't compare the Bible with our book. There is no relationship whatsoever. You need to understand that. To know the contents of the books visit this wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosicrucian_Monographs
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by onyeamuma73: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Accient mad oganization of religious criminals

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Melancholy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

It is either your aunt is not a Rosicrucian or you are not honest somewhere here. AMORC members don't speak to the DEAD. I wish I could... wink cheesy Even if she is, SHE is just one person. She doesn't represent AMORC in any way. I've seen worse serious Christians and I don't say that's how all Christians are.

Sometimes I wonder how far our detractors can go. Anyway, AMORC isn't for anybody. I only have one wish, you don't like a group doesn't mean you should castigate them blindly when you haven't been there.
am not using deductive reasoning but stating the reality anyways. Even if she doesnt, u cant know this aunty more than i do as regarding other disgusting characters enlisted which i found as scenic enough...... Jehova is there for u anyday to accept u!
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by onyeamuma73: 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Accient mad oganization of religious criminals . God pass them
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
ransomed:
::---That means Reuben Abati lied about the information he published in June, 2011. When he made an obituary announcement of a departed member in the Guardian. He claimed to be a grand master. Check calabar Headquarters before you declare someelse an ignoramus. Thanks.

Maybe a link will help me clarify your question. But as a long standing and active member, THERE IS NO AMORC GRAND MASTER IN NIGERIA. The AMORC cadre in Nigeria only recognises a Regional Administrator in the person of Chief Dr. Kenneth U. Idiodi who is based in Calabar. Reuben Abati maybe an official but certainly not GRAND MASTER.

I'm sorry if you think I called you an ignoramus. It was never my intention.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

Eckankar is a RELIGION with no semblance whatsoever with AMORC in any way at all. I can't tell you about Eckankar because I don't know much about them. As for the books, there is a reason they are for members only. AMORC IS NOT A RELIGION so don't compare the Bible with our book. There is no relationship whatsoever. You need to understand that. To know the contents of the books visit this wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosicrucian_Monographs
was wondering since it's not a secret cult I should be able to have the resource material to decide whether to be a member or not.

Thanks for the link. Will go through later.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimmy05:
do you have a TV programme where I can atleast get information? I sometimes get to watch Grail message preachings.

We do that but not as much as other groups. AMORC doesn't believe in proselytising (preaching). Those who are Rosicrucians always find their way to the order. smiley.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
Melancholy:
am not using deductive reasoning but stating the reality anyways. Even if she doesnt, u cant know this aunty more than i do as regarding other disgusting characters enlisted which i found as scenic enough...... Jehova is there for u anyday to accept u!

Sir, your aunty (if a member at all) is just ONE PERSON. I can give you 100 good Rosicrucians who are successful and good academics, lawyers, bankers, teachers, students, businessmen etc and they all practise the love and ideals which our order so cherish. Jehova has already accepted me Sir. I think you really need to ask yourself why there's so much hatred in your heart for a legal group of persons and yet call yourself a good Christian?

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by ransomed: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

Maybe a link will help me clarify your question. But as a long standing and active member, THERE IS NO AMORC GRAND MASTER IN NIGERIA. The AMORC cadre in Nigeria only recognises a Regional Administrator in the person of Chief Dr. Kenneth U. Idiodi who is based in Calabar. Reuben Abati maybe an official but certainly not GRAND MASTER.

I'm sorry if you think I called you an ignoramus. It was never my intention.
:-- Do your survey and research on my comments based on the clues i provided. I write from experience and cross examination of facts, analogies, nature, existence and transcendal power sources. I like Egyptology and associated learnings. Thanks.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by babestella: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
intergral:
I'm clueless like our president

Hey!

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
ransomed:
:-- Do your survey and research on my comments based on the clues i provided. I write from experience and cross examination of facts, analogies, nature, existence and transcendal power sources. I like Egyptology and associated learnings. Thanks.

Lol. No matter what you claim to know or know... One fact remains my brother:

REUBEN ABATI IS NOT AN AMORC GRAND MASTER ANYWHERE I KNOW. The AMORC grandmaster for Africa and Europe is Mrs Julie Scotts. Except, of course, you know AMORC more than me- I was born into it-. grin

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Pecca: 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

We don't read the Bible or Quoran because we are not a religious sect. We are just an association of people (who are mostly christians) involved in the study and application of knowledge. smiley. The problem is that people think AMORC is a church or a Christian organisation, it is NOT!!!. It is a universal group. Member commune only with the God of their hearts and conception.

Peace Profound

We are just an association of pple (WHO ARE MOSTLY CHRISTAINS)...yet "WE DON'T READ THE BIBLE OR(sic) QOURAN..." !! Gobbledegook!!
You lost me there. I know for certain that christains read, very devotedly, the bible. unless if you have another version of what I may call here "amorc christains".
you may wish to eblighten me further pls
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by cesareborgia(m): 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimmy05:
we dont have TV programme because AMORC is NOT a religion....its a university....and we only courses study...if you are interested go online you will seek what you find

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pecca:

We are just an association of pple (WHO ARE MOSTLY CHRISTAINS)...yet "WE DON'T READ THE BIBLE OR(sic) QOURAN..." !! Gobbledegook!!
You lost me there. I know for certain that christains read, very devotedly, the bible. unless if you have another version of what I may call here "amorc christains".
you may wish to eblighten me further pls

In AMORC, your religion is your personal stuff. Whether or not you read the Bible is personal. Rosicrucians will not congregate together and start reading the Bible. That's because it's not only Christians that are members but the truth is that most members are Christians by religion but their Christianity is their private issue. smiley No body wants to know when last you paid your tithe or read the Bible or visited your pastor in AMORC. All we care about is if you worship God. The 'how' is your concern. So we don't have AMORC CHRISTIANS. We only have AMORC members who are CHRISTIANS.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by cesareborgia(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimmy05:
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by intergral(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
babestella:

Hey!
tell me one thing you have banefitted from our president (my brother in cluelessness).
.................. TELL ME#red eye
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by cesareborgia(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
slimmy05:
we dont have TV programme because AMORC is NOT a religion....its a university....and we only courses study...if you are interested go online you will find what you seek

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Pecca: 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
ITA AWAK MUST HAVE BEEN AN AMORC SPOKESPERSPON. READ A LOT OF HIS SPEECHES IN LATE 90s AND EARLY 2000. THEN I WAS SERIOYSLY CONSIDERING JOINING AMORC. A NUMBER OF MY FRIENDS ARE MEMBERS AND I HOLD NOTHING AGAINST THEM.
ITA AWAK ONCE SAID "WHAT MEN DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEY FEAR; WHAT THEY FEAR SO MUCH THEY PLAN TO ANNIHILATE." AMORC IS SHROUDED IN SECRECY HENCE THE GENERAL MISCONCEPTIONS. REMEMBER THE PROVERBIAL FIVE BLIND MEN TOUCHED THE ELEPHANT. THEIR IDEA OF WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WAS FORM BY THE PART THEY TOUCHED. AND, I THINK, THEY ARE NOT WRONG.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Pecca: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

In AMORC, your religion is your personal stuff. Whether or not you read the Bible is personal. Rosicrucians will not congregate together and start reading the Bible. That's because it's not only Christians that are members but the truth is that most members are Christians by religion but their Christianity is their private issue. smiley No body wants to know when last you paid your tithe or read the Bible or visited your pastor in AMORC. All we care about is if you worship God. The 'how' is your concern. So we don't have AMORC CHRISTIANS. We only have AMORC members who are CHRISTIANS.

THAT'S BETTER SAID.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pecca:
ITA AWAK MUST HAVE BEEN AN AMORC SPOKESPERSPON. READ A LOT OF HIS SPEECHES IN LATE 90s AND EARLY 2000. THEN I WAS SERIOYSLY CONSIDERING JOINING AMORC. A NUMBER OF MY FRIENDS ARE MEMBERS AND I HOLD NOTHING AGAINST THEM.
ITA AWAK ONCE SAID "WHAT MEN DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEY FEAR; WHAT SO MUCH THEY PLAN TO ANNIHILATE." AMORC IS SHROUDED IN SECRECY HENCE THE GENERAL MISCONCEPTIONS. REMEMBER THE PROVERBIAL FIVE BLIND MEN TOUCHED THE ELEPHANT. THEIR IDEA OF WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WAS FORM BY THE PART THEY TOUCHED. AND, I THINK, THEY ARE NOT WRONG.

AMORC is no longer secretive my brother. You can virtually find everything about us online now. You can visit an affiliated body and be allowed access to our activities. We are even encouraged to let others read our literature. The veil of secrecy left when the world became globalised. If AMORC is into shady stuffs, someone would have pointed that out with PROOF in this 21st century.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Aegon(m): 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

We do that but not as much as other groups. AMORC doesn't believe in proselytising (preaching). Those who are Rosicrucians always find their way to the order. smiley.

Guy did it happen to you too? Nobody had to preach to me, nobody told me but I just knew in my heart I was a Rosicrucian. This baffled me until recently when I learned about those things.
It is true they say, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by ransomed: 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
literarymathy:

Lol. No matter what you claim to know or know... One fact remains my brother:

REUBEN ABATI IS NOT AN AMORC GRAND MASTER ANYWHERE I KNOW. The AMORC grandmaster for Africa and Europe is Mrs Julie Scotts. Except, of course, you know AMORC more than me- I was born into it-. grin
:--I lay no claim to knowing as you alleged. I only seek for the truth behind facts. I was not born into AMORC. Thanks.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Ignatio(m): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Devilsh organization.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Female Member Of A White Garment Church Seen Smoking Weed In Edo (Pix, Video) / MMM Is Demonic Says Apostle Suleiman, Participants React / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68