Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. (20951 Views)

7 Things Not To Do After A Meal / Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE Onchristmas Day / What Is Your Favorite Home- Cooked Meal, That You Make Yourself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Empiree: 5:05am On Dec 01, 2014
Well, we should start thinking of "eventing" couscous in place of Rice. In the pictures below are...

1. Couscous with vegetables

2. Couscous with chicken

How do you like these?.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by delishpot: 5:18am On Dec 01, 2014
Egwusi soup with orishrishi and pounded yam. Will pick that over rice anyday.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by summerflame(m): 5:41am On Dec 01, 2014
How are u doing?
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by seunwen2(m): 5:52am On Dec 01, 2014
danaiks:
Lol..if e no be panadol e no fit be like panadol
That is rice for you

grin grin grin
This is a one time madness
FIRST TO COMMENT!!..mehnn this week is gonna be fabulous, mavelous, miraculous, astounding, thrilling, striking, stunning, sensational, splendid, fantastic, magnificent.....infact who say my water no go boil hin own no go hot!! grin
CNN must broadcast this!!!...meanwhile, Shout out to all my niqqas both in tha physical and spiritual!!! wink

As you take your news to CNN you no come remember Nairaland association u be best maga
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by dridowu: 6:13am On Dec 01, 2014
[size=20pt]As a Ijebu Man then it has to be
IKOKORE[/size]

Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by femi4: 6:15am On Dec 01, 2014
nekaa:
mention me when you get a reply please...
Pounded yam
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by nekaa(f): 6:17am On Dec 01, 2014
femi4:
Pounded yam
I'd rather drink garri and groundnut.....

1 Like

Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 01, 2014
You can substitute rice with pasta, cous cous grilled/baked/mashed potatoes.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by DONOCHAS(m): 6:28am On Dec 01, 2014
1st jenuary of dis year, after returning from 31st night by 2am in d morning, i eat egusi soup nd akpu. Dat one can serve.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 01, 2014
all these PDP & APC people and their propaganda.. trying to remove RICE from government.. I vote for Rice come 25th dec 2014. Nigerians beware dont sell ur votes let it count.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 01, 2014
ukodo(plantain&yam&peppersoup wit palm oil)
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 01, 2014
rice isn't cooked in my family house, it is more like owo soup, bush meat and starch or banga soup, fresh catfish and starch.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by zemaye: 6:56am On Dec 01, 2014
Festival In my house
Starts with toasted bread and veggies , sardines and egg.
Then I go for any of the below
Beans and plantain
Yam (soft like cheese ball) and scrambled eggs
Yam fritters
Salad
With peppered chicken, croca fish and meat as constant grin
But if I get a jarkey to pound. Yam
I go for egusi soup and pounded yam
I use d poundo floor when necessary
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by jerryjere(m): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2014
okon11:
I don't always eat rice on Christmas some times my Gf will prepare a very delicious soup With well prepared Akpu on Christmas day
[img]http://2.bp..com/-2EHJ_F_i6Vg/UpJVSNtpb7I/AAAAAAAAB4s/3ZwxXYGCdBA/s1600/Ogbono+soup.jpg[/img]
I see this food now am hungry pls what is the name of this soup
angry grin

Eating at Home Makes You Healthier - Research
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/health-news2/item/1150-eating-at-home-makes-you-healthier-research
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by omeizamalik: 7:06am On Dec 01, 2014
pounded yam and draw soup.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by roughcoin62: 7:10am On Dec 01, 2014
Tuwo can do it!

Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by CzarRex: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2014
I tink it shuld be replaced with beans or pounded yam with egusi.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by CzarRex: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2014
I'll be overwhemled d very day I hear or see dat dey served beans and plantain as one of d main food on an occasion lyk wedding or birthday party etc. grin
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Beesluv: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2014
WAINA popularly called MASA
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Lilimax(f): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2014
jnrbayano:
"Cajanus cajan" (Pigeon Pea) aka Fio fio.
I miss that delicacy though smiley
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by jnrbayano(m): 7:55am On Dec 01, 2014
Lilimax:
I miss that delicacy though smiley

Your head dey there wink
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by markfish30(m): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2014
Ukwa
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2014
pounded yam with fresh fish and egusi soup cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by DECOtech(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2014
Yam porridge
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by freezyprinzy(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2014
biscuit bone and pure water or okpa and engine oyel....

Ain't no food lyk iyan and hot egusi sadly ebola no go allow person enjoy bushmeat and bush fish dis year
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by freezyprinzy(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2014
zemaye:
Festival In my house
Starts with toasted bread and veggies , sardines and egg.
Then I go for any of the below
Beans and plantain
Yam (soft like cheese ball) and scrambled eggs
Yam fritters
Salad
With peppered chicken, croca fish and meat as constant grin
But if I get a jarkey to pound. Yam
I go for egusi soup and pounded yam
I use d poundo floor when necessary
d lord z watching u in 3D by dier comment ye shall know em#team i live in france
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by englishmart(m): 8:42am On Dec 01, 2014
Lachynos2k2:
fio fio and kuskus.
ibu Onye nsukka?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 01, 2014
I hate rice
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by eikeem(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Do the local dishes. In my family, we don't cook rice during festivities, and if we are having a party, we always make sure that there are more local dishes than fried rice and jollof rice. It will amaze you how much Nigerians appreciate the local dishes when they are available. Ofada rice usually finishes before the little quantity of fried and jollof rice sef.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by toykathy(f): 9:08am On Dec 01, 2014
barackodam:
Eba

At least, Yoruba, Hausa and igbo all eat it
dis ur signature na die, i like it.
Re: Suggest Another Nigerian Meal That Can Replace RICE On Festive Occasions. by Samuelkirk(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2014
ABTB ...Agoyin beans to bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Linseed Or Flaxseed / How To Cook A Very Delicious Coconut Rice (Photos, Video) / How I Make Simple Ogbono & Okro Soup Combo (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.