Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed (21784 Views)

Trailer Falls In Agege Railway Crossing This Morning - Photos / An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / Nigeria Railway Takes Delivery Of Five 68-Seater Coaches: Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by adamsjj: 7:23am On Dec 02, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Design by Chinese
financed by Chinese
constructed by Chinese

In a country of 175million and a very high unemployment... I am still shock at the cost of thaf project, $850million for a 20pkm rail standard guage line ( $4.25million/km)
#No harsh feelings...are u a railway engineer?...were u working wif dem?...Do u knw d quality of d materiál dt was used?...Whch country is bst in railway construction?...Do u knw hw many past presidents(both obj & buhari) hv started oř collected moni on this samé project & it disappeared into the thin air...Do u think is easy to achieve such a laudable masterpiece with the level of unrest in those regions?...Do you knw der is a masterframe work to link each region together with railway?...We shld put sentiment & ethnicity aside & think for the betterment of this country...thank u.

13 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2014
Joavid:
Oh yes! He built a train, probably 5times the original price and then that is huge "achievement".
Nigerians can easily be swayed.
Government playing pingpong with our minds.

I refuse to be seduced! angry

Your APC governors in the SW build shabby poorly constructed single lane roads at one billion naira per kilometer.

Check out the cost of the Lekki link bridge which is just 1.3 km at a total cost of a whooping 29 billion naira!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by skubido(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2014
Tank GOD

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 7:27am On Dec 02, 2014
adamsjj:
#No harsh feelings...are u a railway engineer?...were u working wif dem?...Do u knw d quality of d materiál dt was used?...Whch country is bst in railway construction?...Do u knw hw many past presidents(both obj & buhari) hv started oř collected moni on this samé project & it disappeared into the thin air...Do u think is easy to achieve such a laudable masterpiece with the level of unrest in those regions?...Do you knw der is a masterframe work to link each region together with railway?...We shld put sentiment & ethnicity aside & think for the betterment of this country...thank u.

The mumus don't know that every inch of steel railing was imported. We have next to. Zero steel capacity.

The rail projects also includes bridges, tunneling and even cost of relocating communities in its path and settlement of farmers.

10 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by rozayx5(m): 7:28am On Dec 02, 2014
holatin:
nice one
But na campaign material.
I forbid to be fooled.
vote for change
vote for buhari

so GEJ spent 3 years building a campaign material,
i can officially say your a f00l

Buhari and change should not be in the same sentence, the only change he made was change from democracy to dictatorship

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Mexyz(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2014
Joavid:
Oh yes! He built a train, probably 5times the original price and then that is huge "achievement".

Edited!

For God sake this is nothing special!!! Helloooooooooooooo! shocked

The oil subsidy report, the millions to trillions missing, the number of oil barrels stolen per days has trippled, the openly corrupt members of his cabinet walking free, ASSU plans to go on another strike soon, the military is in a rot and some modafvckas are celebrating a train that will soon be in-effective due to mismanagement and corruption??

O'lord!!! undecided
who is seducing you? a beg move ahead if you don't like good things then that's your problem.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2014
Which Janjawiid mod moved this to travel?

If it were another Aregberascal O nonsense project it probably would have made front page.

Malctunji you ram, nah you dey duty this morning?

Or is it that 504 lover and APC shilling mod,OAMJ4?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by homesteady(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Design by Chinese
financed by Chinese
constructed by Chinese

In a country of 175million and a very high unemployment... I am still shock at the cost of thaf project, $850million for a 20pkm rail standard guage line ( $4.25million/km)
l

I don't know what you mean by 20pkm, but I think you mean 20km! read the below -
Constructed in three years, the rail road project
gulped nearly 850 million U.S dollars and lasts
186.5 km with nine stations and a design speed of
150 km per hour.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by nigerianvenom(m): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2014
what a bad news for ANTI PEOPLE'S CONGRESS
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Jabioro: 7:33am On Dec 02, 2014
Watchout Boko haram may use it,it a welcum project bt my fear is d extremist..
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 7:34am On Dec 02, 2014
homesteady:
l

I don't know what you mean by 20pkm, but I think you mean 20km! read the below -

Don't mind that Janjawiid boko
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Youngzedd(m): 7:36am On Dec 02, 2014
Just a single picture they can't show us.

Damn yit.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by echidi: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2014
tomakint:
This is the type of news worth reading this cool morning......and they (APC goons and propaganda machines online) want me to abandon this working administration of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan a.k.a the Man of the Moment for one miserable, vindictive funky mallam with clenched fist who abandoned similar project when he grabbed power forcefully in 1983. Thank God for #teamGEJ# Cc: Rossike, Truckpusher, Firefire, Babyosisi, theassassin, jmaine, idumuose, Sunnybobo3, joehannibal, Sincere9gerian, etc
. This happens to be d most corrupt government ever...... Goodluck to me seems like bad luck if one gets awy with evry thing d do...den its pretty bleeped up...installing a railway when every day we loose lives in d northern part of d country ....and dis hudlums are being sponsored by d same fucken nigerians who feel d aint got noting to do with. Dere money dan sponsor terrorism.....den jonathanis really bad fucking luck....
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by bogolobango(m): 7:37am On Dec 02, 2014
U re a real blackfire whats ur stress with apc?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by OLISASDEJI(m): 7:38am On Dec 02, 2014
davitogreat:

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.aspx?id=255923

But Govt can tell lots of lie. Track laying has nt been finished at all. Why do dis govt tell lies to we nigerians? If most pple dont leave in abuja,atleast we dat leave in abuja sees dis project day-in day-out. We were told Abuja-Lokoja road has been completed bt it wasnt,also we were told shagamu-Ore-Benin road has been completed,pple there knew the state of d road and now Abuja-kaduna standard gauge rail line. Abaaaa. Atleast if d person lieing doesnt knw dat he/she is lieing,atleast pple being told d lies will definitely know. Pple here should first confirm the status of any project being promoted b4 givin govt praise. This country is for everyone and its nt as if we hate d govt. Atleast govt should be humble to its citizens. Lieing and nt being accountable to its citizen,its nt in anyway good to earn citizens respect.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by 2cato: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:
Which Janjawiid mod moved this to travel?

If it were another Aregberascal O nonsense project it probably would have made front page.

Malctunji you ram, nah you dey duty this morning?

Or is it that 504 lover and APC shilling mod,OAMJ4?
have you forgotten that these mods ar gods in their own eyes and any giant achievement by gej is a far more a bitter pills in their ear.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by bogolobango(m): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2014
Exclude names obj& buhari,
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by allcomage: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2014
Can I say is cheering news?Easy target for the Northern created monster,boko haram.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 02, 2014
I guess this is a good news from this very inept government. The next government should continue from that and extend the railway to connect Lagos with Abuja. That's only way it can touch so many Nigerians. kiss undecided
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by sunnyflakes(m): 7:46am On Dec 02, 2014
Joavid:

Edited!

For God sake this is nothing special!!! Helloooooooooooooo! shocked

The oil subsidy report, the millions to trillions missing, the number of oil barrels stolen per days has trippled, the openly corrupt members of his cabinet walking free, ASSU plans to go on another strike soon, the military is in a rot and some modafvckas are celebrating a train that will soon be in-effective due to mismanagement and corruption??

O'lord!!! undecided

Nigerians Like you though knowledgeable still lack the mind 4 critical analysis. Do u mean u don't knw that this is the most masses-friendly project yet undertaken, because of its potential to transport lot of people over a long distance at a highly affordable fare. in my opinion this should come ahead of road construction.

Shame on u. who told u projects are carried out to seduce those of u who have decided together with greedy opposition to sink d ship of state.

Shame shall continually b ur portion since u never see d good in what others have done.

I 4GOT TO ADD ALSO SHEGIYA......
MY FATHER MUST B HAPPY OVER THIS MILESTONE ACHIEVEMENT.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2014
Johnpaul88:
I guess this is a good news from this very inept government. The next government should continue from that and extend the railway to connect Lagos with Abuja. That's only way it can touch so many Nigerians. kiss undecided

Please kindly list your contributions towards our nation's development.

By the way, the Chinese government is currently constructing a coastal rail way that will link Calabar to most of the ND coastal areas and terminate in Benin.

The Ungrateful SW should use their over to develop their own region henceforth
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by baywatch84(m): 7:49am On Dec 02, 2014
Why not lagos to abuja, weldone Jonathan sebi we don't deserve to be treated as first-class citizens, well maybe that's a consolation prize for the bombings in the north, one achievement of six years term in power, built by China on credit, what happened to all the thrillion $ airmarked on media, this is a failed government if you like crucify me on pepper tree
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Sabotage4700(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2014
pictures or i don't believe it .
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:

By the way, the Chinese government is currently constructing a coastal rail way that will link Calabar to most of the ND coastal areas and terminate in Benin.

I'm not even from SW nor do I live there. I'm only saying that it should be extended to places of more value and worth. With all due respect to Kaduna, I hear it is only 3hrs by bus from Abuja and it is not that an important city in Nigeria. Abuja to Lagos and Lagos to Onitsha will better lives far more in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by baywatch84(m): 7:59am On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:

did you know the SW is ungrateful, we depend on our two hands unlike your family that your daily bread was handed to on queue, better find your way and be independent like the people in SW. Jonathan is going down come 2015.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Scout60(m): 8:02am On Dec 02, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Design by Chinese
financed by Chinese
constructed by Chinese

financed by who....
Ab eg are u dumb.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by agabaI23(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2014
holatin:
nice one
But na campaign material.
I forbid to be fooled.
vote for change
vote for buhari
Yes of course it is a campaign material. What else would you want to be a campaign material? Attack on opposition without substance?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2014
Johnpaul88:
I'm not even from SW nor do I live there. I'm only saying that it should be extended to places of more value and worth. With all due respect to Kaduna, I hear it is only 3hrs by bus from Abuja and it is not that an important city in Nigeria. Abuja to Lagos and Lagos to Onitsha will better lives far more in Nigeria

What is so special about that your millinelium slum village, Lagos?

Lagos is a port city, a role that any other coastal state can easily relieve Lagos of and see to a speedy onward transfer of goods to other hinterland regions.

There is virtually no real production going on in Lagos anymore as most of the factories are merely packaging and distribution plants while the economy of Lagos is by and large that of shop keepers.

Kadunna on the other hand contributes to our economy through real production with agriculture.
That tomato, onions and pepper you love to make an omelet with when eating that yam are most likely fom Kaduna.

Your Lagos is over rated.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Movesz(m): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2014
myhoodlink:
This is a very laudable achievement. May God bless this government and all Nigerians.
may God bles you my country man..this what we need in nigeria..positive ppl#GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND MY FELLOW COUNTRY MEN.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 8:08am On Dec 02, 2014
baywatch84:
did you know the SW is ungrateful, we depend on our two hands unlike your family that your daily bread was handed to on queue, better find your way and be independent like the people in SW. Jonathan is going down come 2015.

Omonile and agbereos are now a hardworking class?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Arrested By Indian Police, With Her 2 Children, Cries Out (video) / Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria / Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.