Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,105 members, 7,842,190 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (4678 Views)

My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by thorpido(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
i did not say it is not their right to procreate. I only asked you in response to your comment that everyone should be advised to have the number of kids they can cater for. How many can all these dirty beggars on the street be advised to have. Because last I checked they can't even take care of themselves let alone another human being.
Well,at least they would want to see their own offspring.Let them have just one.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
undercat:

I'm not occultic, whatever that means.

My genitals are intact for now.

My parents could not have been given jail time for having children. There is no such law in place.

You sound mad.

ok, i sound mad but you're the one advocating jail time for having children.

so, in your opinion, you're sane?

as per your genitals, why would you hide yours while advocating castration for other people's own?

are you smoking substandard somethings?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by aderonila18: 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
I think it's wickedness to have children you know you can't cater for .i wish we could have a system where everyone is allowed to have a maximum of 2children and anyone who wants more needs to obtain a permit after proving to the government that they can afford more kids.

Poor people having children they can't cater for is one of the biggest problems of the world. Even if the government provides social welfare there is a maximum number that the government can afford to take care of

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
aderonila18:
I think it's wickedness to have children you know you can't cater for .i wish we could have a system where everyone is allowed to have a maximum of 2children and anyone who wants more needs to obtain a permit after proving to the government that they can afford more kids.

you can move to china.

as per proving to the govt, do you mean proving to the likes of you?

i dont think any govt sent you message.

what I call wickedness is castigating others for being poor as if its not people's poverty some of you are building your so called "riches" on.

this is where oyibos trump you everytime- even if they dont like poor people, they at least set up all kinds of charities which cater to them.

Poor people having children they can't cater for is one of the biggest problems of the world

is that so.

Even if the government provides social welfare there is a maximum number that the government can afford to take care of

the govt's role is to provide jobs in addition to social welfare.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Rhukie(f): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
thorpido:
Unfortunately,these poor people can't change except through education.It takes 5minutes or even less to make a baby.Sex often is the consolation of the poor.It's the thing that gives them the only pleasure.
condom is only #50, that will safe us all from the eyesore we experience everywhere

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
^ buy condom and give them.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by thorpido(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Rhukie:
condom is only #50, that will safe us all from the eyesore we experience everywhere
Many people don't like the use of condoms especially with their spouses.Poor people just need education.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Rhukie(f): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
thorpido:
Many people don't like the use of condoms especially with their spouses.Poor people just need education.
they don't need education, what they need is enlightenment because they are so many poor educated people that will still insist on no condom

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Rhukie(f): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:
^ buy condom and give them.

you can make that your CSR for humanity

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by undercat: 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:

ok, i sound mad but you're the one advocating jail time for having children.

so, in your opinion, you're sane?

as per your genitals, why would you hide yours while advocating castration for other people's own?

are you smoking substandard somethings?

What are you on about? You rant like a mad person.

I did not say anybody should be castrated. Maybe you can point to where you think I said it.

I did not say anybody should be jailed merely for having children. You may have noticed that the OP is about people who produce children they cannot forseeably take care of, forcing these children into unimaginable difficulty.

You don't have to reply at once. Wait for a lucid moment first.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
Rhukie:
I can make that my CSR for humanity

Its a pity you say you are a woman.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by aderonila18: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
undercat:

I did not say anybody should be castrated. Maybe you can point to where you think I said it.

I did not say anybody should be jailed merely for having children. You may have noticed that the OP is about people who produce children they cannot forseeably take care of, forcing these children into unimaginable difficulty.

She's always ranting on nairaland like a mad woman. Most of us have concluded that she's insane so you'll notice most people don't bother to reply her.

You can't have a conversation with a mad woman undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
undercat:

Your own upbringing really doesnt speak well of your parents, if we are to go by the crap you type here.

And why all this mad mad ranting? Are you hoping to cover yourself? Your emphasis on mad shows its on your mind constantly, care to share?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by thorpido(m): 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Rhukie:
they don't need education, what they need is enlightenment because they are so many poor educated people that will still insist on no condom
Education doesn't necessarily mean they have to go to a school.It could be informal.They just need to understand the need to have a child they can take care of and the means of preventing pregnancy.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by undercat: 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
aderonila18:

She's always ranting on nairaland like a mad woman. Most of us have concluded that she's insane so you'll notice most people don't bother to reply her.

I can see that now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
kilokeys:

some cant cater for half a child..

so they shouldnt bother having kids then?

The world is overpopulated already. If you cannot cater for a child why have 1. It's usually carelessness or selfishness that causes people that are poor to have too many kids.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
undercat:

I can see that now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Read my previous reply to you.

If you want to share why you're so frustrated, feel free to do so.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
aderonila18:

My mama is always ranting like a mad woman. Most of us have concluded that she's insane so you'll notice most people don't bother to reply her.

My dear, who are you?

Frustrated much?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by undercat: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:

Your own upbringing really doesnt speak well of your parents, if we are to go by the crap you type here.

And why all this mad mad ranting? Are you hoping to cover yourself? Your emphasis on mad shows its on your mind constantly, care to share?

I'm sure a time will come when you'll make sense. Just be patient, and keep rambling till then.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Rhukie(f): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
thorpido:
Education doesn't necessarily mean they have to go to a school.It could be informal.They just need to understand the need to have a child they can take care of and the means of preventing pregnancy.
you are right
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Rhukie(f): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:

Its a pity you say you are a woman.

I am too busy for your talks, abeg
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by mutter(f): 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
Every child should be entitled to fee education. The rich exploit the poor and use them as cheap labour and now want to deprive them from having kids?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
tpiah2:

the govt's role is to provide jobs in addition to social welfare.

Jobs and opportunities, yes! But the welfare system is, more or less, a complete and utter disaster. Little do you know how it cripples the 'poor'. I mean, do you know that there are generations and generations of 'poor' welfare recipients out there? How does being given regular incentive (for being 'poor') motivate? What kind of work ethic do their children learn?

The poor don't need government cash handouts, they need opportunities, jobs, training, and education. Welfare, more often than not, facilitates laziness and irresponsibility, and systematically breeds leeches. Charity > Welfare. Charity is the unexpected pick me up. The sigh of relief as you toil and strive for better. There are giving hands and grateful hearts, and more importantly - there's motivation, hard-work and hope!

The monstrous amounts of often-abused welfare tax dollars are better geared towards developing programs to get people out of poverty, instead of keeping them in a state of perpetual dependence.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Amuga(f): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
The truth of the matter is no matter how you try to talk them into giving birth to fewer kids, they wont listen.
There is this Idoma woman i know that hawks around but have seven kids as at the last time i saw her. Every season you see her hawking a particular fruits, you see her with a new pregnancy.
As at when she had the 5th pregnancy, i tried talking to her on the use of family planning. And her complain was Aleku will catch her if she tries to do that. My response was Aleku will catch you for protecting yourself and giving you the chance to take good care of your kids, but Aleku wont tame your husband pe.nis.
Women always at the recieving end of culture.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by cococandy(f): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Jobs and opportunities, yes! But the welfare system is, more or less, a complete and utter disaster. Little do you know how it cripples the 'poor'. I mean, do you know that there are generations and generations of 'poor' welfare recipients out there? How does being given regular incentive (for being 'poor') motivate? What kind of work ethic do their children learn?

The poor don't need government cash handouts, they need opportunities, jobs, training, and education. Welfare, more often than not, facilitates laziness and irresponsibility, and systematically breeds leeches. Charity > Welfare. Charity is the unexpected pick me up. The sigh of relief as you toil and strive for better. There are giving hands and grateful hearts, and more importantly - there's motivation, hard-work and hope!

The monstrous amounts of often-abused welfare tax dollars are better geared towards developing programs to get people out of poverty, instead of keeping them in a state of perpetual dependence.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 04, 2014
cococandy:

Thank you, dear kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Mutendiwashe(f): 6:27am On Dec 04, 2014
I might sound harsh to some but this is how i honestly feel. Free vasectomy procedures must be given to poor people. I have a uncle who dashed 2 of his children to my parents. Both girls are blockheads! One had to repeat IGSCE but she did not come out with anything sensible, she got pregnant and got married, that his how she got off my parent's back. A few years later he dashed his other daughter to my parents to take care of. This one is a serious case. She is too dull and at 11 she still bed wets.

This has put a serious restraint on my parents relationship, because they are no longer as lovey dovey as they were before this child came to our house. My father does not like her at all and my mother just keeps her because its her brother's daughter.

His younger son revealed that his father had plans of sending him too to our house so my parents will take him to school. If this ever happens im scared that my parent's relationship will even grow further apart, my father plans on retiring when he reaches 60 and he surely will not have 2 mysterious children keeping him from enjoying his old age.

These people break other people's homes so yes i believe, it is right to stop them from having children they cannot take care of. If you cannot keep them together or feed them, you cannot call them your family at all.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by JEITO: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
Unfortunately, they won't listen lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by pickabeau1: 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
no
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Kay17: 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
In as far as poverty is not illegal nor immoral, we are expected to tolerate the consequences of poverty which includes poor people pulled into crimes, child beggars, miscreants etc.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by kilokeys(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2014
Kay17:
In as far as poverty is not illegal nor immoral, we are expected to tolerate the consequences of poverty which includes poor people pulled into crimes, child beggars, miscreants etc.

u r a critical thinker.. i like u.
i wouldn't consider myself rich.. but i am above some crimes. so the govt, the pple could help alleviate abject poverty to put poor pple on a leveled pedestal where the sane, ambitious ones could help themselves.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by undercat: 8:19am On Dec 05, 2014
Kay17:

Poverty itself is not immoral or illegal. I think however that producing children who any reasonable person can foresee being sustained only on the mercy of strangers is an immoral thing to do. A child should not be subjected to that, deliberately or negligently or however.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many "Yards" Of Wife Material / . / Punishment For Stubborn African Kids (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.