Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Beyond Serving The Fatherland - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Beyond Serving The Fatherland (12544 Views)

Chizzy Alichi Hits Anambra NYSC Camp To Serve Fatherland / My Time In Service Of Fatherland / Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by unmask: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nysc is a scam that should be scrapped...... Giving every graduate 500k after school is far cheaper and more meaningful to the graduates than the bogus amounts budgeted for nysc.... Waste of time

Imagine doctors and dentists being able to practise what they learnt in school, while engineers, scientists etc are taken far away from their field for a whole year

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
Some of u shouting the scheme should be scraped,may still be the same ppl that'll be begging for its restoration.Besides the fact that the scheme does'nt offer loans or authomatic employment to ex-corp members,its still a boost to one's enployment experience,which opens u to further job opportunities.In terms of saving,the surest fact is that if u Can't save from peanuts,u may never save from so much.I served when allowee was 9,500,& I had colleagues who saved from it.The point here is,if u really want to have a rewarding after service means of living,ensure u save atleast 30% of ur monthly wage & equally augment ur earnings with a side bizness of any sort that culd generate an extra income.E.g sale of recharge cards:the quick turnover is the secret behind dis money spinner,extra-mural tutoring is another good one, u culd do it in homes or in an evening school,sale of kerosine & other day to day household articles are great too.I had a colleague then,who testified of the immense profit she made from the sale of recharge cards n kerosine b4 her passing out. Bottom line,the savings will definitely make a positive impact in ur life after POP.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by kosby001(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
I think that 500 daily honorary is just a mere press jingle. Does people aint ready to do anything yet. Na only God go make all our matter rest for their sight.
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by haconjy(m): 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
enkay4love:
Some of u shouting the scheme shouuld be scraped,may still be the same ppl that'll be begging for its restoration.Besides the fact that the scheme does'nt offer loans or authomatic employment to ex-corp members,its still a boost to one's enployment experience,which opens u to further job opportunities.In terms of saving,the surest fact is that if u Can't save from peanuts,u may never save from so much.I served when allowee was 9,500,& I had colleagues who saved from it.The point here is,if u really want to have a rewarding after service means of living,ensure u save atleast 30% of ur monthly wage & equally augment ur earnings with a side bizness of any sort that culd generate an extra income.E.g sale recharge cards:the quick turnover is the secret behind dis money spinner,extra-mural tutoring is another good one, u culd do it in homes or in an evening school,sale of kerosine & other day to day household articles are great too.I had a colleague then,who testified of the immense profit she made from the sale recharge cards n kerosine b4 her passing out.
dont answer them, they always enjoy themselves when they are serving, they thought is allowee is for enjoyment. Well i still have them here and mind you they abuse me when they know am saving my allowee. But now they regret because they are going whuh nothing
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by haconjy(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
i have a corp member here that says he, not she, cant stressed himself. He sets his room as if he has find a place to settle. So he bought gen, plasma tv, dstv, and others. He enjoys himself than his CLO. now he want to sell all for transport fare to go back home.
I kept my atm card, forget everything that has to do with serving issues then i keep on to my ppa work and from there, people are asking for my serving, the only thing i know is my alert cause every month it keeps on making me happy
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by LOUIS6(m): 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
free2ryhme:
when u sing your song finish

come rap for unemployment market cheesy
And when you get interviewed... U go give dem some freestyle
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Dagah2: 4:12am On Dec 14, 2014
I am compelled to ask the fate of those corpers that met their water loo in camps....those the jihadist chopped of
RIP to them all....
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Dagah2: 4:16am On Dec 14, 2014
And yes,does the NYSC programme get modified at all or it's still the same as was from inception?
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by kosby001(m): 5:13am On Dec 14, 2014
People lament about the poor welfarist package of the programme.But I want to believe they will be a better modus operandi to run NYSC. We just need sincere people in the wheel of affairs.
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
haconjy:
dont answer them, they always enjoy themselves when they are serving, they thought is allowee is for enjoyment. Well i still have them here and mind you they abuse me when they know am saving my allowee. But now they regret because they are going whuh nothing
Thank u very much.Just go ahead & save the much or little u can,cos u may never know the extent of its impact after passing out. Post- NYSC without a job is no joke,so ur savings effort will help u overcome the menacing stare that unemployment dishes out. Simply, utilize it business-wise to sustain ur life,till when u get somthing more solid.D person I mentioned in my post above,now runs a computer business center in Delta state.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Shinelle(f): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
The thing about saving is that you don't waste too much time thinking about it, else you may never do it. In all my life I never knew I could save up to 20k without squandering it on frivolities.... Guess what happened after graduation I got a Lil job paying a Lil above 20k with some side commissions from marketing, I worked for bout six months and in that period I developed a phobia for spending... I became a "savaholic"

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Shinelle(f): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
The thing about saving is that you don't waste too much time thinking about it, else you may never do it. In all my life I never knew I could save up to 20k without squandering it on frivolities.... Guess what happened after graduation I got a Lil job paying a Lil above 20k with some side commissions from marketing, I worked for bout six months and in that period I developed a phobia for spending... I became a "savaholic"
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Jpjp: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
dammyconcept:

wow! um happy for you that out of your stipend you can still save.
this is my advise.the only investment I can advise you us to get or learn handwork(ise owo) vocational work then after you graduate from it.what next ? invest your money on it.
but if you need my assistant or you have interest in photography I can train and put you through.
please can U train me and how much will it cost me and please Where is ur location. Thanks sir
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2015
Jpjp:
please can U train me and how much will it cost me and please Where is ur location. Thanks sir
mail me
dammylaray@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How do I Retrieve My 2016 NYSC Call Up Number? / Posted To Delta Let's Meet Here / NYSC Different Names Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.