Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Beyond Serving The Fatherland - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Beyond Serving The Fatherland (12559 Views)

Chizzy Alichi Hits Anambra NYSC Camp To Serve Fatherland / My Time In Service Of Fatherland / Going To Kaduna To Serve My Fatherland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by motherlode: 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
toluxa1:
You can apply for an interest free loan under the WAP (war against poverty) program by MDGs. Only collateral is your NYSC cert. 150-300k payable in 30 months or so.

https://www.nairaland.com/2007693/mazda-626-mazda-boot-sale
it's nice cheesy, even within that period of time for payback a serious corper with a creative idea would have payed up the sum and start making a lot profit. grin
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by sistar007(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
They are still owing me 2 months Allowance. Edo state 2013 A
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by crudedude(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
filola31:
D allowee shud be increased to enable corp member save.

Person wey no go save no go save my brother. forget that matter.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by AreaFada2: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
Reyginus:
God? He has already given us the tools to save ourselves. Our brain was given to us for a reason.

The thing nor tire you, until we 4get all these silly belief that GOD will come from heaven and spoon feed us even after giving us both food & spoon, no hope.

All advanced and prosperous societies had to take the bull by the horn to succeed.

All this going to church 7 days a week looking for breakthrough without lifting a finger, who we dey deceive?

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
NYSC is Just a waste of time and opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
crudedude:

Person wey no go save no go save my brother. forget that matter.
tell me How u want to save when You sponsor yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by harmbhrosz(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
haconjy:
this is good but i wonder how my thread does not meet FP. Where i wrote Please Help a Corper, i even beg mr seun to make my thread front page but no.
Well i save all my allowee except the one given in camp, i have over N200,000 but dont know what business to choose,
1, fish farming in SEAD program
2, football showing centre business
3, poultry
4, others e.g. Online business etc

i want you to advise me and pls direct me to the best cause i dont want to waste my money, pls help
nd that thread could have help a lot of people o...

Well my advice for you is to do online business(its less stressful and time taking whc means you can still engage in other things too) I mean importing gadgets like phones and accessories....just go through the right long and you'll see what you will become in a short time only if you can manage yourself well
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by dollyptosh(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
Claroo:
NYSC....waste of time
lmao!!! Even you
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
AreaFada2:

The thing nor tire you, until we 4get all these silly belief that GOD will come from heaven and spoon feed us even after given us both food & spoon, no hope.

All advanced and prosperous societies had to take the bull by the horn to succeed.

All this going to church 7 days a week looking for breakthrough without lifting a finger, who we dey deceive?
Na the kind contry we dey. Calling God for what we can do ourselves. I even consider an insult to call on a master to help you do what he has already shown you how do to.
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Claroo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
dollyptosh:
lmao!!! Even you
Yes.....if only there are jobs waitin 4 us after d Completion of dis Nysc programme.
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by THUNDER4real(m): 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
NYSC should be abolished, camp is what only makes sense in the scheme.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
haconjy:
this is good but i wonder how my thread does not meet FP. Where i wrote Please Help a Corper, i even beg mr seun to make my thread front page but no.
Well i save all my allowee except the one given in camp, i have over N200,000 but dont know what business to choose,
3, poultry

i want you to advise me and pls direct me to the best cause i dont want to waste my money, pls help
Hw did you manage to save? Do u have any other source of income?

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by dollyptosh(m): 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
Claroo:

Yes.....if only there are jobs waitin 4 us after d Completion of dis Nysc programme.
My point exactly, have not left camp yet and I already have the feeling that the programme is crap.
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Wolexdey(m): 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
Well said @ Op...

Hope dos greedy rulers will see to this...Its quite unfortunate dat Nigeria is still far behind.

But dat day will come wen all dose who hav contributed to d mis-managing of dis great Nation (Nigeria) will wish dey never did.

GOD HELP NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nicepoker(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
NYSC. National year of s.EX AND COMFORT
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
Before i started serving,eveybody was saying 'save oh' save oh'...now,i began to wonder what am i really going to save from 19800 per month? Barely enough.I took ill last month and missed the clearance,they decided not to pay me after all the explanations.Personally,the scheme needs to be scrapped off.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Franky9584(m): 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
NYSC needs 2b restructed less its a waste of one whole year. I tot it was fun all tru until i hv 2 change my main line 4 one full year @no_network
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by ghostwritter(m): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
This time last year, I was in my third month of serving my father's land but presently, I am serving my father's company. No thanks to the 19,800 called allawee which kept vanishing mysteriously from my wallet.....#teamBatchCfct2013

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
@Op this is precise but sincerely its more of our capacity to develop ourselves and present a better value exchange for every opportunities we come across especially a seemingly wasteful NYSC Experience. I was not perturbed in anyway with the meager Allowee given to me. .. .it only fueled the passion in me to think outside the box.
@seun at least this thread is worth its present status on the front page.

You might also like read this spot on article written by me.
https://www.nairaland.com/1879949/thought-class
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by babsdeen(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
ndiuwa:
Chai ow can u put up all ds long story nd expect me to patiently read? U shuda jst sumarized it nwanna! Its well sha
The whiteman says if you want to hide anything away from a Blackman, just put it in a book ~ Meaning we don't like reading which is one of the reasons for our flaws in this part of the world- Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
haconjy:
3, poultry

wow! um happy for you that out of your stipend you can still save.
this is my advise.the only investment I can advise you us to get or learn handwork(ise owo) vocational work then after you graduate from it.what next ? invest your money on it.
but if you need my assistant or you have interest in photography I can train and put you through.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
kosby001:

"Under the sun or in the rain, with dedication and selflessness, Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve"...that particular aspect of the NYSC anthem always highlights the commitment and purpose of serving our fatherland. One thing I just disliked in the anthem is that they never inserted a stanza that will keep reminding the nigeria youth that after one year of serving our fatherland, they won't be payment of federal and state government little honorary into our account or a stanza that will keep ringing a bell on every corp member and prospective corp members that after one year of your compulsory service to your fatherland, they is no sure red, blue or black collar job waiting for anybody for grabs.

It always dishearten when you see our youth unemployed after so many years out of school which in most cases increase the level of unemployment rate in Nigeria. I salute the courage of the NYSC authority by initiating a programme call SAED(skill acquisition and entrepreneur development). According to the body, this programme is initiated to provide all corp members the opportunity to learn different skills so as to be self employed during and after service year. One thing that actually disappoint me about this programme is that since NYSC intends to empower the corp members, adequate fund or soft loans most have been created so that corp members can actually use that to set up on their own after service year.

Though am aware that the body has provided a shadow soft loan for selective corp members. This loans according to the NYSC is provided to corp members to finance any of their intending project. According to my findings, its so unfortunate to hear that, this said loan is not designed for all corp members but selected few of which their respective local government believe they most have satisfied their own individual desires( though,I stand to be corrected).

To all corp members who are passing out soonest, will want to encourage you to please think twice before lavishing your last summed up "allawee" cause after this, no more bank alert every 30th or 29th of the month. And for the prospective corp members, please think of the business, savings or investment you want to engage yourselves in before the commencement of your service year. Will encourage you to learn a particular skill you are comfortable in and start running it so as to avoid making you depend on your monthly allawee as your only source of income. Service year is one of the most interesting years, but always remember that after one year they is no automatic work except for the few 'fortunate' ones.

Will end this piece by saying I pray that one day corp members will be given a reasonable amount of money when passing out to establish themselves and not rely on white colour jobs and what have you. If 14million could be dashed out to the individual members who attended the just concluded CONFAB, then the government can also make provisions for every corp member to be given a reasonable some of money to invest or establish themselves so as to alleviate poverty, thuggery and the issue of unemployment among Nigerian youth

Lol.
I served in yobe.
Terribly hot place. But I had fun.

Nysc should be scrapped. The sooner the better.
Nysc has lost relevance. It was meant to foster unity after the civil war, but now it has no means to tackle the unemployment crisis.
It should be scrapped.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by latfun22(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
NYSC is a scam
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by haconjy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
harmbhrosz:
nd that thread could have help a lot of people o...

Well my advice for you is to do online business(its less stressful and time taking whc means you can still engage in other things too) I mean importing gadgets like phones and accessories....just go through the right long and you'll see what you will become in a short time only if you can manage yourself well
but no one to direct me cause i know i have all it takes but what about the process
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by haconjy(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
sisipelebe:
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by haconjy(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
dammyconcept:

wow! um happy for you that out of your stipend you can still save.
this is my advise.the only investment I can advise you us to get or learn handwork(ise owo) vocational work then after you graduate from it.what next ? invest your money on it.
but if you need my assistant or you have interest in photography I can train and put you through.
you make me laugh, well i cant do any vocational work, and mind you i read marketing in school, i believe any business i lay my hands upon, it shall always prosper by the Grace of GOD, well all its focus and determination, but thank you so much
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by haconjy(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
sisipelebe:
well its by focus and that my ppa and my private teaching is also helping me

1 Like

Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by haconjy(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
sisipelebe:
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by toluxa1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
haconjy:
3, poultry
more: www.nairaland.com/2021067/nysc-pls-corps-member-what

Can we know how you manager to save all your alawee?
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by 1stola: 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
free2ryhme:
when u sing your song finish

come rap for unemployment market cheesy
Party two na im sweet pass...
Re: Beyond Serving The Fatherland by Alexk2(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
too long
epistle op....
simply put, NYSC is a waste of time, opportunity to loot our common money and wrong application of money..
if they can give each graduate all the allowances + money for kits +
camp runnnings per corp member at once, it'll be enough for serious
minded youth to establish and become an employer of labour but instead,
graduates become useless after the 1yr of suffering.

do i hear som1 talking abt national integratn, that excus is long
overdue. the scheme had definitely overstays it's usefulness...abi, who
won go yobe or borno?..
God will deliver nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A16 Plateau State Corp Members / How do I Retrieve My 2016 NYSC Call Up Number? / What Gift Should I Give To My PPA? Advise Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.